Discussion about the increasing amount of innocent accounts getting banned - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Discussion about the increasing amount of innocent accounts getting banned

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#26 icchigosan

icchigosan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 511 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 December 2013 - 09:46 PM

my brother's RK account was also banned,and had to accpt to wipeout to get it back,same case with him,i provide him with all the equips,i can't imagine a rookie with 1.5b+ gears coz of me,so ofc he dnt need to bot,or scam!
idk man!

#27 visou

visou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:28 AM

Theres just too many similar cases.

The GMs are hitting the bann button without doing a proper investigation. 

#28 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:58 AM

Maybe they could hire a few more people, idk how's the situation in the office.

^^ Like the above post says GMs should consider hiring more staff in response to increase in population. and players should remember that GMs are people not gods they also have a life(maybe?)

People that suggest they hire more staff need to consider that it costs money. And if they really want new staff that bad, then the new players from malaysia and steam need to start coughing up some dough and not just leech off of older people that spend while still expecting better service. Hiring staff isn't free.

#29 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:00 AM

If you honestly believe you were banned in correctly please PM me your ticket number and I will (eventually I have way too many pms) get it looked in to.

#30 visou

visou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:12 AM

If you honestly believe you were banned in correctly please PM me your ticket number and I will (eventually I have way too many pms) get it looked in to.

Please provide answers for the following two questions, we need to get these questions sorted out as fast as possible

- Let's say i share internet with my dorm mates and one of them is botting, does that mean that my choices are either to quit or play with the risk of getting permanently banned?

- If i receive gifts or borrow items from someone that later gets banned for illegal activities i risk getting banned aswell, how am i suppose to know?

#31 OniichanN

OniichanN

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1812 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:17 AM

People that suggest they hire more staff need to consider that it costs money. And if they really want new staff that bad, then the new players from malaysia and steam need to start coughing up some dough and not just leech off of older people that spend while still expecting better service. Hiring staff isn't free.

That's why I said idk how's the situation as in if they can afford it or not. With no insider info we can only speculate.

#32 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:37 AM

Playing through a proxy that obscures the IP address used to connect to the LOGIN SERVER is not allowed. 

You can proxy the connections to patch/char/game servers all you want, but they use the login server connections to identify players using the same location when banning botters, so they don't like you proxying that. 

That's why the GMs specifically say that WTFast and LowerPing are allowed - they've checked that those services don't proxy the login server connection, only game and char servers. I run my own performance proxy (to do the same thing as lowerping, but with my own server that I'm paying for anyway) that handles connections to char/game servers, and was told at the time that this was okay, as long as I didn't proxy the login connection. 

WTFast and LowerPing don't proxy the connection to the patch server, though - which is what it sounds like you were using it for. If the problem is just connecting to the patch server, there are a few ways around it that don't involve breaking the rules... (from easiest to hardest to implement)

* Check if the problem is just with resolving the domain name (this is often a problem on comcast) - if so, trying repeatedly works, eventually, and you can always just add an entry for the patch server to your HOSTS file to work around the problem entirely.

* Failing that, set your proxy to only proxy the patcher, or only proxy connections to the patch server (depending on settings available on your proxy software)! 

* If you must proxy all connections, including login server, you'd need to make sure nobody else used that proxy server, so it wasn't obscuring anything, ie, you'd need to run it yourself ($15 or so per month after the 1 yr free trial for an amazon micro linux instance, assuming you kept it running 24/7. US East region is great for east coasters, US West works better for people on the west coast). The legality of this is questionable, but my understanding is that they only ban people using proxies if the proxy results in them looking like they're sharing IP with botters. 

Edited by DrAzzy, 13 December 2013 - 11:39 AM.

#33 Rotine

Rotine

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:48 AM

- If i receive gifts or borrow items from someone that later gets banned for illegal activities i risk getting banned aswell, how am i suppose to know?

You realize that "how am i supposed to know" works both ways, right?

How are GMs supposed to know that you were unaware of your benefactor's illegal activities?

I mean...who is going to ADMIT that he knew his "friend" is a botter, yet he still received items/zeny from botter friend.

#34 rodezja

rodezja

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 503 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:57 AM

You realize that "how am i supposed to know" works both ways, right?

How are GMs supposed to know that you were unaware of your benefactor's illegal activities?

I mean...who is going to ADMIT that he knew his "friend" is a botter, yet he still received items/zeny from botter friend.

Yeah but still, that would mean if you receive any gift from anybody, let it be on your birthday or christmas with the odin exchange we have, you are not safe and can get banned just because you received a gift.

#35 Rotine

Rotine

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:13 PM

Yeah but still, that would mean if you receive any gift from anybody, let it be on your birthday or christmas with the odin exchange we have, you are not safe and can get banned just because you received a gift.

I think everyone is safe in the Odin exchange since the trades are documented, and we can just refer the GMs to that thread if we get banned. Besides, I don't think botters, zeny sellers, scammers,etc give "gifts" to strangers. Do they?

#36 rodezja

rodezja

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 503 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:20 PM

I think everyone is safe in the Odin exchange since the trades are documented, and we can just refer the GMs to that thread if we get banned. Besides, I don't think botters, zeny sellers, scammers,etc give "gifts" to strangers. Do they?

In theory, somebody could do something like that on purpose, just to get the person receiving gift banned. Right?

#37 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:25 PM

In theory, somebody could do something like that on purpose, just to get the person receiving gift banned. Right?

At worst, it would be a temp ban until you explained things - and I'm under the impression that bans are only applied when the value of the gift is large enough that you should be suspicious of someone giving it to you.

#38 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:51 PM

Please provide answers for the following two questions, we need to get these questions sorted out as fast as possible

1.- Let's say i share internet with my dorm mates and one of them is botting, does that mean that my choices are either to quit or play with the risk of getting permanently banned?
2.- If i receive gifts or borrow items from someone that later gets banned for illegal activities i risk getting banned aswell, how am i suppose to know?

1. You will be caught up in the initial sweep for sure. You can be released when you explain the situation. That being said.. if you know your roommate is botting get him to stop or report him as that only puts the entire household at risk.

2. There is no hard or fast rule. Small gifts will be ignored, however if they see the user gives you a 1 Poring in a Pet Egg, 2 Phen Clips, 3 Dragon Hat, 4 Archer Skeleton Cards, 5 Golden Gear, 6 Peco Eggs, 7 Creamy Cards, 8 Kafra Girls, 9 Cool Corp Dudes, 10 Meginjards, 11 Vocals, and 12 Emperiums the GM team will be really curious as to why you received all those items.

#39 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9329 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 13 December 2013 - 12:54 PM

2. There is no hard or fast rule. Small gifts will be ignored, however if they see the user gives you a 1 Poring in a Pet Egg, 2 Phen Clips, 3 Dragon Hat, 4 Archer Skeleton Cards, 5 Golden Gear, 6 Peco Eggs, 7 Creamy Cards, 8 Kafra Girls, 9 Cool Corp Dudes, 10 Meginjards, 11 Vocals, and 12 Emperiums the GM team will be really curious as to why you received all those items.

I've been transferring billions worth of zeny and items for a long time between my accounts and never got a ban. What stops trades like that from being suspicious?

#40 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:07 PM

I've been transferring billions worth of zeny and items for a long time between my accounts and never got a ban. What stops trades like that from being suspicious?

Think you answered your question.

#41 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:16 PM

You don't have a related account that was caught engaging in certain automated activities.

#42 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9329 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:39 PM

Think you answered your question.

Separate warpportal accounts and stuff though. Also have used my girlfriends account to move some stuff. I made my first post with not enough information >-<

#43 gangga

gangga

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 370 posts
  • Server:ChaoticYVY

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:46 PM

Campitor i sent you a pm

#44 visou

visou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:51 PM

1. You will be caught up in the initial sweep for sure. You can be released when you explain the situation. That being said.. if you know your roommate is botting get him to stop or report him as that only puts the entire household at risk.

Thank you!

Edited by visou, 13 December 2013 - 02:51 PM.

#45 visou

visou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:57 PM

Playing through a proxy that obscures the IP address used to connect to the LOGIN SERVER is not allowed. 

You can proxy the connections to patch/char/game servers all you want, but they use the login server connections to identify players using the same location when banning botters, so they don't like you proxying that. 

That's why the GMs specifically say that WTFast and LowerPing are allowed - they've checked that those services don't proxy the login server connection, only game and char servers. I run my own performance proxy (to do the same thing as lowerping, but with my own server that I'm paying for anyway) that handles connections to char/game servers, and was told at the time that this was okay, as long as I didn't proxy the login connection. 

WTFast and LowerPing don't proxy the connection to the patch server, though - which is what it sounds like you were using it for. If the problem is just connecting to the patch server, there are a few ways around it that don't involve breaking the rules... (from easiest to hardest to implement)

* Check if the problem is just with resolving the domain name (this is often a problem on comcast) - if so, trying repeatedly works, eventually, and you can always just add an entry for the patch server to your HOSTS file to work around the problem entirely.

* Failing that, set your proxy to only proxy the patcher, or only proxy connections to the patch server (depending on settings available on your proxy software)! 

* If you must proxy all connections, including login server, you'd need to make sure nobody else used that proxy server, so it wasn't obscuring anything, ie, you'd need to run it yourself ($15 or so per month after the 1 yr free trial for an amazon micro linux instance, assuming you kept it running 24/7. US East region is great for east coasters, US West works better for people on the west coast). The legality of this is questionable, but my understanding is that they only ban people using proxies if the proxy results in them looking like they're sharing IP with botters. 

I use proxifier and i target ragexe, i would assume that all traffic will route thru the proxy? I don't know whats up with the iro servers, i play from sweden and i got a 1gbit/200mbit connection, i have been having the "cannt connect to patch server" for months now, resetting dns doesnt work. The lagg is insane, when i click move it takes 1.5-2sec before my character moves.

Proxybonaza is the only thing that seems to work really well, improves the lagg alot compared to wtfast and lowerping.

#46 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 13 December 2013 - 06:52 PM

I see what you did there.

#47 Alichi

Alichi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 324 posts
  • LocationBehind Your Door
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 13 December 2013 - 09:16 PM

Man...seems like botting and random banned is an endless problem here.  :banned:

#48 TheQuietStorm

TheQuietStorm

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1001 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • Server:chaos>ymir>chaos

Posted 14 December 2013 - 03:09 AM

To me it seems that there are more people that are botting on the server, it would explain why there are more people banned...  

And lmfao 11 year old cousin.. 

we all remember the story about the, was it.. umm. the conjoined twins who got a ban?

#49 miliardo

miliardo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1898 posts
  • LocationSan Diego California

Posted 14 December 2013 - 06:14 AM

Ya I notices this happening too guildy was banned right after last woe for no reason got it back yesterday after sending ticket idc what is going on

#50 Alicia

Alicia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1912 posts
  • LocationLocation Location
  • Server:Disconnected

Posted 14 December 2013 - 06:51 AM

I see what you did there.

And a Partriiiiiiidge in a pear treeeee!~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users