Discussion about the increasing amount of innocent accounts getting banned - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Discussion about the increasing amount of innocent accounts getting banned

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#51 Izzy1

Izzy1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1793 posts
  • LocationU.K
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos Renewal - Smokies

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:38 AM

I see what you did there.
And a Partriiiiiiidge in a pear treeeee!~

Damn you got there before me!!

#52 Alicia

Alicia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1912 posts
  • LocationLocation Location
  • Server:Disconnected

Posted 14 December 2013 - 09:41 PM

Damn you got there before me!!

I sure did (point it out for you).

285f5529-dfab-4aaf-9b6b-9fc402543d95_zps

#53 WiseFabre

WiseFabre

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • Server:Orleans

Posted 15 December 2013 - 06:33 AM

When caught, botters will bold-faced lie that they weren't botting.  They have nothing to lose by lying and their personality is already of the dishonest type.  It's not the character that decides to bot;  the decision is made by a person, thus all the accounts accessed by that person should be banned.   When you loan out your account to someone that is a botter, then it is your personal responsibility and duty to accept the ban.

Back in the hoary "old days" of 2007 thru 2010, some of the botters were pretty bold and sure of themselves.  Some would openly laugh at how easy it was to cry out that the ban was unfair, that it was someone else that hacked into their account and used it to bot.  Other excuses were that others used the same IP address.  But really, if you have two people at the same IP gateway exchanging botted items or laundering items/zeny with each other, then they are connected.  It is not just a random different user who happened to play RO with that IP address. 

As for botters lying, I remember one botting incident many years ago.  I was tailing a bot watching it.  Another player was also watching that bot and filed a report on it.  Since I had a priest, that player thought I was one of those priest buff bots but I was not and assured her I was also watching this bot go thru the map.   It was a pretty good bot with fairly natural walking, but it was definitely absolutely assuredly a bot.  That player filed a report on the bot.   Lo and behold, a complaint soon appeared on the forums by a fairly senior poster (woah database wow wow) claiming he was not botting.  Oh my, a senior player with the major guild at that time.  His friends also stepped in to post in the thread saying that banned character was not botting; but how would they even know since they were not there to watch?  That was very discouraging to see and certainly made me feel that reporting bots is a useless endeavor.  So many bold-faced lies were being told.

The real problem is the sheer number of unbanned bots.  But when they get banned, the botters cry foul and whip out their crocodile tears.   And using other peoples' accounts is against the rules.   Just because people do that doesn't mean it isn't still a rules violation or that personal responsibility doesn't exist.  The lack of personal responsibility seems to be a big issue in today's society.  If you borrow a botter's alt char, that links you to the botter.  So don't do that in the first place. 

#54 KyrieDielle

KyrieDielle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2428 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 December 2013 - 09:38 AM

I sure did (point it out for you).

285f5529-dfab-4aaf-9b6b-9fc402543d95_zps

Funny, it is.. :heh:

#55 Prier

Prier

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:32 PM

I hope I can get in during this exp event... I have made a ticket and PMd Campitor. *fingers crossed*

#56 Yomishinki

Yomishinki

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 02:56 PM

me too I'm still waiting for ticket and I have already PMd both Campitor and Oda hope I can get in time.

#57 Izzy1

Izzy1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1793 posts
  • LocationU.K
  • Server:Chaos Renewal - Smokies

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:32 PM

The EXP event (From what I have read) is ongoing until mid January.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users