Another break - Page 4 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Another break

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#76 Karusan

Karusan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:16 PM

You sound depressed OP, a lot going on emotionally behind the scenes.

You're seeing everything, including ro, in a negative light.  You could hit job 70 in a day if you buy bmx3, resets, and spam turn ins, probably a few hours tbh.  But it won't make you happy.

:(

#77 meowington

meowington

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:26 PM

You're complaining about job xp now? Just wait till you get to 3rd class. Quit while you're ahead haha. Its like what, 1.5billion XP to job 50?

Really though, hwiz is like the second easiest class to get to 3rd job, 1st being a well equipped knight/LK using BB. If you think leveling is hard now, you should reconsider ragnarok in general.

This game use to be infinitely harder. God forbid if you died at lvl 98/69 too.... jesus. That 1% :omg:

#78 VolunteerMod05

VolunteerMod05

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 398 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 December 2013 - 04:33 PM

The former I can understand, the second not. Why is it not allowed to say, "Hey, I'm gonna not play RO (for a while) anymore"? That's a pretty silly rule.

C-A

Quitting threads tend to devolve into flaming and slinging of insults left and right. Other quitting threads center around threats being made to its development in exchange for keeping the player from quitting. Those are just some examples of why quitting threads are generally not allowed to remain open for long. Reading the topic, it seems you are simply planning to take a break and not stating this is a quitting topic in that regard. So this thread in its own right is fine as it was.

I do not consider the flame baiting from several users, that I will not directly point out, in this thread kosher though. Please refrain from doing so if you are trying to do so to the thread poster. The discussion aside from that was fine.

Any further flame baiting will be met with hidden posts. If the poster of this thread wishes to close this thread, they can do so by asking.

Edited by VolunteerMod05, 18 December 2013 - 04:35 PM.

#79 MizunoAoi

MizunoAoi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 587 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos and Loki

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:03 PM

My offer still stands.  It'd be nice to have someone to chat with and distract me from my daily grinding of crystals (someday imp rofl and ror, someday).  I'm usually on every day, well, evening my time (about the time I'm posting now, actually).  My ropd is in my siggy.   I say that because, like I said, I'm usually going from character to character farming crystals.

If you'd rather I didn't party with you and halve your xp I can just buff you and stuff.  I even have the wizard soul link if there's anything you like casting that requires gemstones.

And, I'll be honest here, anyone can hit me to chat or party.  I don't bite, much. ^_~

I'm not on right this second though.  I... have to finish writing xmas cards out to people so I can get them in the mail tomorrow so they'll hopefully arrive before Christmas...

#80 Hikusaak

Hikusaak

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1384 posts
  • LocationCircle Palace, Crystal Valley, Harmonia

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:14 PM

You're complaining about job xp now? Just wait till you get to 3rd class. Quit while you're ahead haha. Its like what, 1.5billion XP to job 50?

Really though, hwiz is like the second easiest class to get to 3rd job, 1st being a well equipped knight/LK using BB. If you think leveling is hard now, you should reconsider ragnarok in general.

This game use to be infinitely harder. God forbid if you died at lvl 98/69 too.... jesus. That 1% :omg:

B*tch please...
I remember when my Warlock was still High Wizard at 99/69 and 90% job exp
Then i died 15 times in TI ,that means i lost 45% worth of job exp (no VIP here)
But hey,who the hell cares about that?
I'm at 118/31 right now and still with no VIP.

:heh:

#81 meowington

meowington

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:54 PM

I'm talking about pre-renewal. 1% back then meant you lost 3 mill xp base xp at 98 and at j69 you lost ~10 mill job xp

1 death pre-renewa at j69 = 10 million job xp loss

1 death renewal at j69 = ~500k loss, possibly a bit more

Your 15 deaths was still less than 1 death back then, and god forbid it took so much longer to get it back.

Nowadays with TI, leveling is such a breeze. People starting relatively new to ragnarok have no idea how bad it use to be back in the day.

Wasn't too shabby with a good biolab/thor party though, you could get a pretty high xp rate/hour

#82 Hikusaak

Hikusaak

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1384 posts
  • LocationCircle Palace, Crystal Valley, Harmonia

Posted 18 December 2013 - 10:39 PM

Well,now that's what i call with pure madness of dying :heh:

#83 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:35 AM

I wonder how it would have been if they kept the old exp tables while implementing 3rd jobs (150 level cap). Lol probably 2-4 years to reach 150 (if you're a legit player).

#84 Alicia

Alicia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1912 posts
  • LocationLocation Location
  • Server:Disconnected

Posted 19 December 2013 - 02:51 AM

You sound depressed OP, a lot going on emotionally behind the scenes.

You're seeing everything, including ro, in a negative light.  You could hit job 70 in a day if you buy bmx3, resets, and spam turn ins, probably a few hours tbh.  But it won't make you happy.

:(

Is that a professional diagnostic?

Can I see some credentials?

DrPhil_zps1e9f98ca.jpg

Additionally, I doubt the OP would want to close this thread, since 99% of quitting threads are troll bait.

Edited by Alicia, 19 December 2013 - 03:02 AM.

#85 AtmaDarkwolf

AtmaDarkwolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:04 AM

Ya this does just seem a whine thread tbh, I mean if you wanted to let people who YOU know your taking a break, you tell THEM. Not the entire (Or attempt to tell the entire) population.

Honestly, nobody cares, and would not 'see' you negatively in such a sense as someone trying to 'emo it up' as you are(as i see it anyways) because they just would 'not' realize your gone.

Is this a 'I need someone to know I existed' thread? Cuz again, that's pretty much the same as the above.

And I am just.. really honestly and not trying to create more troll bait, amazed that you find it 'slow' - Even without BM's, xp events, etc, in 2 months I've easiliy soloed a toon to 120+(That's with 1-99, trans, 1-99 and beyond). Compared to 'back in the day' old man speech? This is 'CRAZY FAST' Back in the day it was easy to grind, 12hrs a day, non stop, at some of the 'harder' maps and only see a gain of 0.5%-2% total. I know I'm talking from WAY back (IE: think RO first beta -2005 era) But still.

If its private server speed you want, well honestly, go there, you can (on some servers) level to 99 with a single freaking green plant kill(not kidding lol some are really that bad) but you will suffer in a sense that the community, for the most part, is 'very tight' with each other, and any and all outsiders are simply ignored, or, in extreme cases, ostracized simply for being 'an outsider'

At least in iRO you meet ALL types. Good and bad.

Anyways long to short, hope you find something to do, and really, nobody cares much WHAT you do. All in all good luck.

Edited by AtmaDarkwolf, 19 December 2013 - 11:05 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users