Another break - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Another break

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#26 Quazera

Quazera

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 540 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:19 AM

Oh gosh, I don't know about you but priest classes are the easiest class to make money off of without expansive gear or supplies. It's called doing ET and helping friends MVP @@ also levelling a priest is the cheapest thing ever too:/ but in exchange you really gotta know how to play the class.

I don't know about you but I find that RO is a game where you gotta take it slow. Make some friend, join a guild, stop doing ti and smell the flowers~

#27 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:59 AM

This OP has complained about zeny making in numerous threads and how hard the game is over and over. Yet, people gave advice and it was ignored. Now a quitting thread, gotta say I am not surprised and hope this gets locked soon. :)

#28 CatMuto

CatMuto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:49 PM

this isn't a post saying "oh no don't quit". don't blame it on game mechanics for RO being too hard. if it's too hard and too grindy, then you should just stop playing MMOs.

That sounds like a s.... terrible advice. Not every MMO is as grindy as Ragnarok.

By the way, it wasn't getting to Level 99 that was hard. What bugs me is the slow and low Job EXP I'm getting. I would have already gotten to my Warlock, had I not be lacking about 10 Joblevels by the time I hit 99 with my High Wiz.

Private server the place where you kill a poring worth ten levels and high level gears are sold at npcs.

I'm not naming it, but the private server I've been playing lately does not give me 10 Levels Worth Porings, nor does it sell High End gear like Valkyrie Armors or similar at NPCs. It's pre-renewal and it has tons of custom quests with custom headgears, none of said headgears being somehow overpowered. And I have not yet reach 99 with my Wizard there, so you can shove that little argument of yours right back where it came from~ ^^

I'm not pretty sure if I understood your statement correctly, but you don't really lose your zenies. You can actually just open up another client with another account, give your zenies to your other character, transcend, go back, deal your high novice with your other character, get your zeny back.

A possibility, but I do not like dual clienting. If I don't dual client for the sake of having a merc vend, I won't do it for transing.

This OP has complained about zeny making in numerous threads and how hard the game is over and over. Yet, people gave advice and it was ignored. Now a quitting thread, gotta say I am not surprised and hope this gets locked soon.

And you can shove your argument back as well. ^^
I have gotten advice and I have not been ignoring it, nor have I said none of it worked.
And also, I have previously taken breaks from RO over and over - I only came back from a longer break a few months ago to begin with. I appear, I get tired of the game after a few months and I take a break, it could last a few more months and I'm back again.

So yeah. Nobody has really "gotten rid" of me.

And I am fully aware that one player's priest or wiz not logging in for TI or anything else will not ruin the game.

C-A

#29 Rotine

Rotine

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:03 PM

I also dislike the idea of getting money on a pre-trans character because I'm just gonna lose it in the end, anyway. Unless Gravity finally goes through with that changed requirement of not needing to have 0 Zeny when you rebirth! Or input a Bank System! It works, it does! I've seen various private servers doing a bank system and it works perfectly.

Or create a new account that will serve as your "bank". You don't even have to level the new character. Takes, at most, 5 minutes to create new account, create new novice, trade zeny with your gonna-rebirth char.

Edit: oh you dont like it. Then let friends hold your zeny for a while, I do that with guildies. 

Edited by Rotine, 16 December 2013 - 01:04 PM.

#30 Jaffer

Jaffer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1349 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:12 PM

Jesus can you not be a ^_^ for the thirty seconds it'll take you to dual client trade?

#31 CatMuto

CatMuto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:13 PM

Edit: oh you dont like it. Then let friends hold your zeny for a while, I do that with guildies.

I have no friends. (And don't think I'm saying that to get pitied. I'm not)

Jesus can you not be a ^_^ for the thirty seconds it'll take you to dual client trade?

Let me say it like this: puppy dual clienting.
I don't know if my PC can handle two RO clients going at the same time, nor do I want to find out.

C-A

#32 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:14 PM

And you can shove your argument back as well. ^^
I have gotten advice and I have not been ignoring it, nor have I said none of it worked.
And also, I have previously taken breaks from RO over and over - I only came back from a longer break a few months ago to begin with. I appear, I get tired of the game after a few months and I take a break, it could last a few more months and I'm back again.

So yeah. Nobody has really "gotten rid" of me.

And I am fully aware that one player's priest or wiz not logging in for TI or anything else will not ruin the game.

C-A

Apparently you not aware of what your OP says,

I think I'm close to taking another one of my various-month-long breaks from RO. I'm just so bored with this game, especially with how slow the Job EXP goes for my High Wiz, even with the Board-Monsters. Also have no patience for making money for my Priest, who is almost ready to rebirth.

C-A

Along with your comments and various other complaints in this thread and others.

I have been on this server for 2 years so I don't get how my argument even applies to me when you're the one in every thread saying how hard it is... If you don't like renewal go to classic (but from your normal complaints I can see a giant QQ from there too) or bring up again how private servers are preferred for both.

#33 Rotine

Rotine

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:36 PM

So...

Does not want to do "legal" dual client but hates losing money on rebirth. Would rather play on illegal private server with banks.(hey i just assume they're illegal.I'm not sure.  :heh: )

Does not have patience to earn zeny on a soon-to-rebirth char.

Does not want to "farm" low-exp monsters who drop loots that can be sold for zeny. (this is from another thread)

Often complains about items that cost millions, hard to earn zeny in-game, etc.(from lots of threads)

These are some stuff I got from OP.

Edited by Rotine, 16 December 2013 - 01:37 PM.

#34 albaoregine

albaoregine

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:38 PM

don't quit

#35 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:38 PM

talk of private servers isnt allowed on the forums and talk of quitting isnt allowed on the forums.... why is this thread still here?

#36 CatMuto

CatMuto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 01:56 PM

talk of private servers isnt allowed on the forums and talk of quitting isnt allowed on the forums.... why is this thread still here?

The former I can understand, the second not. Why is it not allowed to say, "Hey, I'm gonna not play RO (for a while) anymore"? That's a pretty silly rule.

Along with your comments and various other complaints in this thread and others.

Not having patience for making money is different from ignoring tips on making money.

C-A

#37 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:00 PM

The former I can understand, the second not. Why is it not allowed to say, "Hey, I'm gonna not play RO (for a while) anymore"? That's a pretty silly rule.

Not having patience for making money is different from ignoring tips on making money.

C-A

if you "don't have the patience" aka you're too lazy to do anything then stop f/c/king complaining that it's too hard.

bye go play your high rate p server kthx.

Edited by KamiKali, 16 December 2013 - 02:02 PM.

#38 KyrieDielle

KyrieDielle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2428 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 December 2013 - 02:05 PM

hey, this thread is getting hot...

*grabs popcorn*

#39 SidleyBear

SidleyBear

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 643 posts
  • LocationCanada!

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:04 PM

Er, you'll probably think this is rude but I'm just genuinely curious. Why make a thread like this?

More than likely the poster wants attention and or some ideas on how to be not bored with the game

#40 CatMuto

CatMuto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:21 PM

More than likely the poster wants attention and or some ideas on how to be not bored with the game

Quite frankly, no. I thought it was simply a polite thing to do. You know, like at parties or other stuff, you tell people that you are leaving and don't just slink away into the shadows.

Also, only way to not make this game not boring... is pretty much impossible. Sure, you could balance things out much better, reset the entire market so nothing is severely overpriced and all that other stuff, but face it: Even if they managed to do all that, what is there to do in the game once you have all your characters at max level? And I am not talking about going there to talk to your guildies or friends. I mean actually doing stuff in-game that involves interacting with the game's world.

bye go play your high rate p server kthx.

Any P-Server I'm playing is not high-rate.

C-A

Edited by CatMuto, 16 December 2013 - 03:23 PM.

#41 kschamp

kschamp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1208 posts
  • LocationCalifornia.
  • Server:Classic

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:26 PM

inb4 closed

#42 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:31 PM

Quite frankly, no. I thought it was simply a polite thing to do. You know, like at parties or other stuff, you tell people that you are leaving and don't just slink away into the shadows.

Also, only way to not make this game not boring... is pretty much impossible. Sure, you could balance things out much better, reset the entire market so nothing is severely overpriced and all that other stuff, but face it: Even if they managed to do all that, what is there to do in the game once you have all your characters at max level? And I am not talking about going there to talk to your guildies or friends. I mean actually doing stuff in-game that involves interacting with the game's world.

Any P-Server I'm playing is not high-rate.

C-A

who are you telling that you are leaving exactly that should care enough that you made a thread about it? youve already stated that you dont have friends in game....

#43 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:36 PM

A possibility, but I do not like dual clienting. If I don't dual client for the sake of having a merc vend, I won't do it for transing.

Well. That leaves me speechless.

Don't hate the game because of your preferences.

Edited by Exuro, 16 December 2013 - 03:37 PM.

#44 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 16 December 2013 - 04:03 PM

C-A

Let me rephrase as I have been using the word ignore when you continuously do the following in every thread where any tip / attempt to help you is made:

Let me say it like this: puppy dual clienting.
I don't know if my PC can handle two RO clients going at the same time, nor do I want to find out.

C-A

You constantly argue any advice given w/zero attempt at trying*** (I consider that ignoring the advice, especially when people give really good suggestions that you constantly fling poo @).

I am nice to the one's that try, but not to one's who make an excuse for everything.

#45 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:26 PM

Bum: I hate life. It's so boring. I might as well quit and die.

Concerned Guy: How about get a job? Earn money? Achieve something?

Bum: No. I cannot even imagine how stressful that would be, nor do I want to find out. I hate working.

Concerned Guy: <_<

Well, as there's that last inch of kindness remaining inside me, let me give you another advice. How about you give your zenies to someone you can trust in-game? You can even probably find a lot of trustworthy people here in the forums who can hold your money for you. They can just give it back to you after you transcend. Objections? Please say no.

Or are you one of those role-playing extremists (is there such a thing?) who hate to do unnatural stuff such as dual-clienting because you think that if RO is a real-life situation (or an anime at least), you wouldn't see people cloning themselves so that they can hold their own money while they transcend? Or are you one of those obsessed with ancient rules and traditions that you still think that dual-clienting is morally wrong and unfair even if it is actually already legal right now and there are no software restrictions prohibiting you from doing so? Sorry, I am just trying to understand your hatred for dual-clienting.

Edited by Exuro, 16 December 2013 - 07:37 PM.

#46 OniichanN

OniichanN

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1812 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:07 PM

hey, this thread is getting hot...

*grabs popcorn*

Heh, that's one of the reasons I asked why make one like this.

I just toyed with the idea of each and every person who will quit/take a break making a thread about it. Amusing but pointless from my point of view.

#47 pandaranger

pandaranger

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:48 PM

i never understood the people who make forum posts for any game saying they are quitting. unless u are a very popular player or a big part of that game's community i doubt anyone would notice. there is not one thing that anyone on here could say that would magically make you want to keep playing. obviously you are bored with the game and your mind is made up about taking the break so just take a break or all together quit. I use to play the free trials of rag when it was a p2p game so i have played classic and renewal. ragnarok is grindy but that's a given and it's also not particularly hard. i have a priest who i solo leveled to high priest except for the back end levels in TIs. i am a ME priest but that doesn't change much lol. also ragnarok is not a high end game so using 2 clients will work on almost any comp without much or any problem. i have VIP and i never pay a dime for this game as i do surveys and such(i am in the US) so if you don't want to take the time to do something like that don't complain about it. obviously if ur country is blocked from them that's a different problem but u could always try a proxy or VPN. i also take breaks from games as anyone gets bored of something if they keep doing it so a lot of times it's good to take a break and do other things and a few months later check back in and see how things are going and see if you feel like trying again but it seems you are pretty done with the way things are in this game which is not going to change any time soon so maybe you are just done with this game in general? ragnarok has one of the nicest communities in any MMO i have played and a lot of people are willing to help but if you aren't willing to try on your part then no one will help you.

Edited by pandaranger, 16 December 2013 - 10:51 PM.

#48 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:12 PM

to anybody who writes a "Fit Quit" thread i say good riddance.... please make sure you leave the forums when you leave the game....

#49 pandaranger

pandaranger

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 11:42 PM

to anybody who writes a "Fit Quit" thread i say good riddance.... please make sure you leave the forums when you leave the game....

Truth!

#50 CatMuto

CatMuto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 12:26 AM

Or are you one of those role-playing extremists (is there such a thing?) who hate to do unnatural stuff such as dual-clienting because you think that if RO is a real-life situation (or an anime at least),

If you had read my post, I made it clear that I do not know if my PC would even be able to handle two RO clients open. No, I am not one of those role-playing extremeists. If I wanna roleplay, I play RPGs.

And excuse me for trying to be polite. -_-

On different forums, not MMO forums particularly, it was considered polite to give at least a little heads up if you were gonna be gone for more than a week or two.

C-A

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users