327 replies to this topic

#1 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 01 November 2010 - 02:50 PM

What is bugged, or undesirable about the Warlock?

What skills are fine, need tweaking?

#2 pomdjyer

pomdjyer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:33 PM

- Comet 5mins cooldown is way too excessive, 1min should be the max cooldown
- casting time is a bit too slow overall but i think that's another topic, i don't want it to be instant either, but a little buff is required
- ganb/energy coat casting time should be faster
- client error when looking at sienna execrate skill info
- increase dmg on drain life ( that skill is totally useless right now ), it's a single target skill that does almost no dmg.

#3 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:45 PM

Very overpowered class, 1 shots people etc.
Have to keep the post short, but people know what I'm talking about.

#4 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationA Coruña/Galicia/Spain
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 01 November 2010 - 03:47 PM

Skills with multiple single hits (like waterball or chain lightning) bug your position if you move.
Before Renewal it was possible use waterball and move just after finished the cast time.

Frost nova(wizard skill) has less chance to freeze than appears in description. At lvl 10 should freeze at 83% but seems like have the same chance than frost diver 65%.

Crimson Rock can stun players.

#5 s3nd0

s3nd0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1132 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 04:06 PM

-Energy coat's cast time totally unacceptable
-Comet's cooldown makes people throw up
-Sienna Execrate's description needs to be fixed
-Position bugging in chain lightning
-2nd class skill(some 1st class)cast time is abit too slow
-It would be nice if theres icon to show duration for the summoning element balls

Edited by s3nd0, 01 November 2010 - 04:29 PM.

#6 Mwrip

Mwrip

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:08 PM

They switched to an MATK formula where gear is extremely important, without actually releasing any gear. This leaves the class severely underpowered. Who is going to party with a class that does less damage than a meleer, while also having a fraction of the HP and the damage reduction? There is no role for a class with that description.

Wizzies in RO have always been best in parties, where you can blast monsters while a more defensive character holds them off, safety wall others, and generally stand back and lob a variety of spells to help the party, switching between nukes and defensive spells as needed. Partying has been utterly destroyed in Renewal, however. Meleers 1 shot everything, Healers don't do enough healing or buffing to be worth the exp share, and by the time a caster finishes a spell, the meleers have already cleared the screen with instant skills that do just as much damage.

Normally, this just means you fight harder monsters while you have a nuker with you... but why would you ever do that? If you fight 10 levels over you, your exp plummets to nothing, and if you fight less than that, then why are you letting a lock drain exp from you... because that's really all he's doing.

If they're not going to change the penalty, then they need to make 1-2 areas for each level range both much harder and much higher exp, so it actually makes sense to use a real party.

#7 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationA Coruña/Galicia/Spain
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 02 November 2010 - 05:00 AM

Wizards used to be great DPS with our AoE. We were the class with lower HP and great AoE damage. Now to do the same is imposible. I didn't see my cast with Sacramenti so I don't talk about cast.

I saw RG, GX, Geneticists, Mechanics, Rangers (even Sorcerers)... killing faster same lvl monsters than a warlock can cast something to kill one single monster.

And I suggest chain lightning can bounce in a larger space. I think it bounce only if there are some target in a 3x3 area around the actual target and lot of times, thanks to the positional lag, we spend a lot of time using this skill.

#8 Silver

Silver

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • LocationValkyrie

Posted 02 November 2010 - 05:06 AM

Cast time is fine and the formula for it is much better. According to me it needs No change. Just fix the technical bugs mentioned before.

Additionally some equips may have the wrong description. For example, Well Chewed Pencil doesn't add 3% Hit as mentioned in its description but only adds 3 Hit. Where should I mention this?

To someone who is asking for new equips..what are you expecting for the next patch? Monsters who drop nothing??!!

Regarding old roles for wizzes, please don't ask them to be brought back! They were boring...

#9 Tolrin

Tolrin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 05:19 AM

- Comet 5mins cooldown is way too excessive, 1min should be the max cooldown
- casting time is a bit too slow overall but i think that's another topic, i don't want it to be instant either, but a little buff is required
- ganb/energy coat casting time should be faster
- client error when looking at sienna execrate skill info
- increase dmg on drain life ( that skill is totally useless right now ), it's a single target skill that does almost no dmg.

Currently playing a 120 warlock on valk:

Agree with most of this aside from maybe the cast time thing, I think properly geared and with final stats and sacrament cast time will be fine, and relying on group synergy/buffs is a better system than solo-buffing for the win. Only thing I would maybe think about is allowing Radius's fixed cast reduction to stack with other fixed reductions as it makes all gear fixed reduction uselss (since no gear has more than 20% reduction on it) and radius it's self becomes less worth while as soon as you get sacrament (since the 20% reduction from radius no longer applies).

Also the comet cooldown thing will be somewhat solved by the comet spellbook next patch, since reading spellbook bypasses skill reuse delay.

As for other comments about matk being too weak/the class being too weak in general I strongly disagree with that, as I am easily able to one hit kill large mobs of monsters in my level range and feel very strong in both utility and damage in organized pvp. Also keep in mind that the last test patch on kRO increased warlock base hp by about 20%.

#10 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 02 November 2010 - 05:24 AM

Some stuff that need to be fixed...

- Comet cool down is way too much... it is not a 1 shot kill skill (thanks to the variable formula per level) so there's no point on having a huge cooldown to cast the next one.
- Be able to stack Fixed cast time reductions (for example, Sacrement and Radius should stack instead of 1 replacing another one).
- Perhaps to reduce Fixed cast time a lil bit? 0.5s or 1s less than what it is now? since we are kinda forced to use 2 hand weapon already, at least having a faster cast time would help more?
- Reduce Fixed cast time for Gravity Field and Energy Coat please.
- FIX SAFETY WALL to what it was before... or at least to what it is right now on kRO .
- Position Bug after casting Multi-Target Skills.
- Please enable the option for us to see the %matk in our stat window and perhaps increase the MATK formula at least a lil bit more, since having more MATK in gears than Weapon makes "Recognize Spell" quite useless even with a Level 4 Weapon.
- Fix "Mind Breaker" skill... even thou this is for Sorcerer's more than Warlocks but we use it as well.
- Does Sienna E. has a description? O.o

Ja na

#11 Tolrin

Tolrin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 05:30 AM

Recognize spell is extremely strong, as with a level 4 weapon your matk varies by 40% of the weapons matk (with a staff of descrution for instance this is 112 matk, making recognize spell increase your average damage by about 15%) so I disagree about it being 'quite useless.'

Safety wall is currently not prevent overflow damage, but that should be fixed when we catch up a bit to the current kRO patch, and otherwise the skill is actually stronger than it was pre-renewal since it's cast time is negligible even with low stats, and it actually blocks a higher number of attacks from low damage.

#12 s3nd0

s3nd0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1132 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 05:35 AM

oh thats right forgot to mention about Mindbreak...
Top priority that has to be fixed!!

#13 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 05:39 AM

Recognize spell is extremely strong, as with a level 4 weapon your matk varies by 40% of the weapons matk (with a staff of descrution for instance this is 112 matk, making recognize spell increase your average damage by about 15%) so I disagree about it being 'quite useless.'

Safety wall is currently not prevent overflow damage, but that should be fixed when we catch up a bit to the current kRO patch, and otherwise the skill is actually stronger than it was pre-renewal since it's cast time is negligible even with low stats, and it actually blocks a higher number of attacks from low damage.

Yeah... u got me wrong... it is pretty good if the right side matk is higher than the left side... (meaning if the weapon matk is higher than gear's matk) but if your gear's matk is higher than weapon, even for a level 4 weapon it become not that great as it is meant to be... that's my concern... in other words, if we want to make use of this skill at full, we have to make sure that our weapon matk is always high... and sometimes it is quite hard to do so xD

Yeah, but some attacks/stats just bypass it... and sometimes it bug your position so it is quite a problem... SW is an excellent skill but damage bypassing it is sometimes bad... specially for leveling =S

#14 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 November 2010 - 07:13 AM

I feel Warlocks are very bad when it comes to MvPing, due to the huge buff most MvPs got to their MDEF. Is it possible to allow Tetra Vortex to bypass MDEF? This won't make too much of a noticeable difference in the PvP/WoE scene, but would considerably increase the chances Warlocks have at MvPing. Currently Warlocks are outdamaged by any class at most MvPs. This is quite disappointing as pre-renewal Wizards/High Wizards used to be pretty good at killing MvPs, but the excessive MDEF of MvPs after renewal seems to have killed that. Before anyone mention Piercing staff, I should say that even WITH using a Piercing staff, a Staff of Destruction outdamages it.

Edited by Hrishi, 02 November 2010 - 07:22 AM.

#15 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 07:26 AM

I feel Warlocks are very bad when it comes to MvPing, due to the huge buff most MvPs got to their MDEF. Is it possible to allow Tetra Vortex to bypass MDEF? This won't make too much of a noticeable difference in the PvP/WoE scene, but would considerably increase the chances Warlocks have at MvPing. Currently Warlocks are outdamaged by any class at most MvPs. This is quite disappointing as pre-renewal Wizards/High Wizards used to be pretty good at killing MvPs, but the excessive MDEF of MvPs after renewal seems to have killed that. Before anyone mention Piercing staff, I should say that even WITH using a Piercing staff, a Staff of Destruction outdamages it.

Yeah... even thou I don't MvP that much, not even our "Piercing Staff" can do much w/o reducing our damage output... I don't remember correctly but isn't TV able to reduce MDEF? or it was Comet?... I'm pretty sure one of those is able to reduce MDEF of the target... either reduce MDEF or make some Spells bypass Mdef...

#16 heyxsean

heyxsean

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 07:34 PM

Make warlocks less ugly :( Haven't tried one yet but they're sooo ugly :D The sprite will make it dying class...

#17 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 08:28 PM

I actually kinda like that pseudo gothic sprite xD

#18 idea

idea

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 10:28 AM

General changes:

- The MDEF formula should be revised, its way too strong at high values.

Warlock Skills:

- Radius fixed cast reduction should stack with the highest fixed cast reduction besides it
Example:
Radius 3(-20%) + Puente Robe(-3%) + Sacrament(-50%): 70% decreased fixed cast time (ignores Puente Robe because its not the highest non-radius fixed reduction)

- Change Comet Re-use delay to 10+10*SkillLv seconds
- Fix Sienna Execrate erroing when trying to look at its description
- Reduce Frost Misty re-use delay to its original 4 seconds
- Greatly increase the damage of Drain Life (read: make it useful)
- Make Tetra Vortex worth getting and setting up to cast (things like adding splash dmg, mdef ignoring, etc.)
- Switch Hell Inferno and Comet positions in the skill tree, or make Hell Inferno a target-centered 3x3 AoE (Originally I was gonna write "redesign Hell Inferno" but I don't think that will be possible so...)

Wizard + High Wizard Skills:

- Reduce variable cast time of Storm Gust, Meteor Storm and Lord of Vermillion
- Update Storm Gust with kRO's current version (less chance to freeze at higher levels, more at lowers)
- Greatly reduce Ganbantein cast time, the whole point of this skill is being able to spam it
- Reduce Gravitational Field cast time to 2 seconds fixed 0 seconds variable
- Reduce Energy Coat cast time to 2 seconds fixed 0 sedonds variable

Mage Skills:

- Update Safety Wall with kRO's current version (prevents overflow damage)

#19 pomdjyer

pomdjyer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 10:58 AM

hell inferno being 3x3 like soul expansion wouldn't be a bad idea, at least warlock gains a few maps to lvl on ( which is reduced a lot right now ), its not like it'd be any good during woe anyway

#20 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 11:29 AM

General changes:

- The MDEF formula should be revised, its way too strong at high values.

Warlock Skills:

- Radius fixed cast reduction should stack with the highest fixed cast reduction besides it
Example:
Radius 3(-20%) + Puente Robe(-3%) + Sacrament(-50%): 70% decreased fixed cast time (ignores Puente Robe because its not the highest non-radius fixed reduction)

- Change Comet Re-use delay to 10+10*SkillLv seconds
- Fix Sienna Execrate erroing when trying to look at its description
- Reduce Frost Misty re-use delay to its original 4 seconds
- Greatly increase the damage of Drain Life (read: make it useful)
- Make Tetra Vortex worth getting and setting up to cast (things like adding splash dmg, mdef ignoring, etc.)
- Switch Hell Inferno and Comet positions in the skill tree, or make Hell Inferno a target-centered 3x3 AoE (Originally I was gonna write "redesign Hell Inferno" but I don't think that will be possible so...)

Wizard + High Wizard Skills:

- Reduce variable cast time of Storm Gust, Meteor Storm and Lord of Vermillion
- Update Storm Gust with kRO's current version (less chance to freeze at higher levels, more at lowers)
- Greatly reduce Ganbantein cast time, the whole point of this skill is being able to spam it
- Reduce Gravitational Field cast time to 2 seconds fixed 0 seconds variable
- Reduce Energy Coat cast time to 2 seconds fixed 0 sedonds variable

Mage Skills:

- Update Safety Wall with kRO's current version (prevents overflow damage)

^ This...

Btw, Comet does reduce MDEF of the Targets plus the burning effect...

TV being Splash like Soul Expansion and making Hell Inferno the same is not bad at all...

#21 Orlandoprah

Orlandoprah

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 07:45 PM

I tried earth strain and it haves a range of 4 cell. I got Level 1 radius and I still cast it at 4 cells, where is the +1 cell range?

#22 s3nd0

s3nd0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1132 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 05:18 AM

ES is a skill that perform from ur character(the cell u standing in), doesnt matter how far u click it still gonna cast from ur character cell. Its very tricky to use this skill, u simply have to calculate before castin on some1.

#23 Poko4Sho

Poko4Sho

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 05:57 AM

I don't play a Warlock, but my buddy and I were in pvp messin around and he's a warlock. He put me in white imprison and laid a gravitational field under me and I could do nothing but watch myself die. I was like, "Alright, I can backslide out of this" thinking it was like a trap or fiberlock...I couldn't backslide away. I couldn't hide, cloak, pot, ranged attack or anything. He kept spamming imprison to keep me trapped and eventually I died from Grav field. It could just be the possibility that the skill is new and I do not yet know how to react to this skill, but from what I saw that was a really, really evil combo, making Warlocks a scary sight in PvP.

Anybody else experience this or did I just go about the situation all wrong?

EDIT: just added some crap.

Edited by Poko4Sho, 04 November 2010 - 05:58 AM.

#24 s3nd0

s3nd0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1132 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 06:04 AM

its a combo that put u in a position which u only can watch ur HP drops.
negative effect :
-takes a while to set up(coz of grav field cast time)
-the warlock cant do anything cept running around during the grav feild
-only can focus on 1 person

#25 Poko4Sho

Poko4Sho

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 06:25 AM

So basically, if a Warlock pulls it off, you lose? Lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users