Return of Geffen AOV Speculation - General Feedback - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Return of Geffen AOV Speculation

60 replies to this topic

#1 AmiiMii

AmiiMii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1537 posts
  • LocationWarpportal Forums (RO2)
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:31 PM

Right..

300 Years after RO1's Era, alot of continents had shifted to different areas, alot of continents had sank during the day of despair, but what i'm mainly about to speak about.... Is the return of Geffen!

Geffen did not sink like other continental areas during the 300 years, however i did notice a area on the map where geffen would likely be around this area i've circled, since it could have SHIFTED, since geffen was it's own isle, with ways bridging to certain areas.

GeffenSPE_eppaqxh.png

What are your thoughts on this?

Edited by AmiiMii, 01 January 2014 - 03:33 PM.

#2 Lyrella

Lyrella

Amateur Blogger

• Members - No Sig
  • 375 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:39 PM

Is that possibly.... Jawaii I see? Bottom right :o!!!

#3 MorbidCoffee

MorbidCoffee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:52 PM

NPCs in Morroc mention both places so I wouldn't be surprised to see either one reappear in a future update.

Edited by MorbidCoffee, 01 January 2014 - 03:52 PM.

#4 Cruorbaci

Cruorbaci

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • LocationArkham
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:56 PM

I do think the future Expansion will be something like

Ragnarok II:  The City of Magic

or

Ragnarok II:  You're a Wizahd Harry

Geffen has always been an isle in the center of a large body of water and entry consisted on one of 4 bridges leading to the magical city.    And I do recall, if I'm correct, that the city itself was protected by magic to prevent the entry of orcs into premises.   Likewise magic could've also protected the magic city from the cataclysm caused by the Day of Despair.

Edited by Cruorbaci, 01 January 2014 - 03:58 PM.

#5 MorbidCoffee

MorbidCoffee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:59 PM

Ragnarok Online II: Jawaii you heff to be mad?

Edited by MorbidCoffee, 01 January 2014 - 04:00 PM.

#6 Jhunexxxx0

Jhunexxxx0

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:42 PM

I want the dungeon named: Glast Heim

#7 Warrantless

Warrantless

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 378 posts
  • Server:ODIN

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:28 PM

I want the dungeon named: Glast Heim

G.H warp service.. hahaha

I want to have Large Baphomet Horn..

#8 Tetosan

Tetosan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 01 January 2014 - 11:43 PM

What i want is the return of Schwartzwald and most importantly Arunafeltz XD

while they may can get around not even mentioning the Schwartzwald Republic at all or just flat out mention it was destroyed during the Day of Despair, they can't go on without Arunafeltz as it IS probably where the Freyjanity origins from (as the Temple of Freyja is in Rachel)

also i'd really like them to make Gon Ryun (KonRon) return as i don't really know how much the Day of Despair could affect a Town in the Sky (Yes, YES I ADMIT! in RO1 i spent most time hanging out in Gon Ryun, Rachel, Veins and Lighthalzen)

Also the possiblity is there as seen on the World Map the whole area North of Mjolnir isn't on it but there is more and both Arunafeltz and Schwartzwald are North of (Rune-)Midgard

#9 Tomyamcat

Tomyamcat

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:03 AM

Umbala too please! I'd like to do that jumping rope thing into Niflheim

#10 joanne

joanne

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 572 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:02 AM

Turtle Island lol i know there is a Turtle General monster was one showing on KRO2 closed beta no idea what happened to that now

#11 Tetosan

Tetosan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:08 AM

Turtle Island lol i know there is a Turtle General monster was one showing on KRO2 closed beta no idea what happened to that now

IDK either, you sure it was RO2:LotS and not RO2:GotW?

i fell for it once thinking there's gonna be a badass monster and it turned out to be an old preview pic of RO2:GotW

#12 Plushy

Plushy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:50 AM

IDK either, you sure it was RO2:LotS and not RO2:GotW?

i fell for it once thinking there's gonna be a badass monster and it turned out to be an old preview pic of RO2:GotW

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=B3FYyNbAvmY

Check it at 9:10.

#13 joanne

joanne

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 572 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:53 AM

it was kro2 lots closed beta i saw turtle general on izlude where that vador is

#14 GallopingChicken

GallopingChicken

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:58 AM

What i want is the return of Schwartzwald and most importantly Arunafeltz XD

while they may can get around not even mentioning the Schwartzwald Republic at all or just flat out mention it was destroyed during the Day of Despair, they can't go on without Arunafeltz as it IS probably where the Freyjanity origins from (as the Temple of Freyja is in Rachel)

also i'd really like them to make Gon Ryun (KonRon) return as i don't really know how much the Day of Despair could affect a Town in the Sky (Yes, YES I ADMIT! in RO1 i spent most time hanging out in Gon Ryun, Rachel, Veins and Lighthalzen)

Also the possiblity is there as seen on the World Map the whole area North of Mjolnir isn't on it but there is more and both Arunafeltz and Schwartzwald are North of (Rune-)Midgard

Well looking at map Schwartzvald would have to come before Arunafeltz (though I'd prefer it to be on the contrary, gimme Cheshrumnir <well Sessrumnir haha that's better than Valhalla> plz ;~; )

But Gonryun! It has so much potential, imagine it in 3D <333 but lets be honest! It's the least likely to be implemented :C

#15 Tetosan

Tetosan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 11:35 AM

Well looking at map Schwartzvald would have to come before Arunafeltz (though I'd prefer it to be on the contrary, gimme Cheshrumnir <well Sessrumnir haha that's better than Valhalla> plz ;~; )

But Gonryun! It has so much potential, imagine it in 3D <333 but lets be honest! It's the least likely to be implemented :C

i actually would like to see all the towns from RO1 in 3D *w*

Side question: i'm still speculating to which Country/Republic/Kingdom the Nameless island belongs XD

I tend towards Arunafeltz as you reach it by taking a boat on one of the southern Veins fields but.... it could may as well be part of Rune Midgard :x

#16 GallopingChicken

GallopingChicken

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:37 PM

i actually would like to see all the towns from RO1 in 3D *w*

Side question: i'm still speculating to which Country/Republic/Kingdom the Nameless island belongs XD

I tend towards Arunafeltz as you reach it by taking a boat on one of the southern Veins fields but.... it could may as well be part of Rune Midgard :x

Haha same! Well... maybe not Einbroch.... I'm always gettign lost there, and in 3D? It'd be even more confusing, once I'd enter that place, I'd never leave unless I used Butterfly Wing xD. And... and you know what else, apart from towns? Thanatos Tower x33

And well! I believe it's Arunafeltz's Island... That's what the Nameless Island entrance quest suggest, and it's the last one in Arunafeltz's questline so yup... must be it!

Also they have many Freyja's statues, same ones as in Rachel Sanctuary. Must be freyjan place then xD
e54fcd066137715d.jpg

#17 AmiiMii

AmiiMii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1537 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:07 PM

Alot of continents sank like comodo (which does explain the reasoning for bards and dancers disappearance from the game itself)

Umbala did sink during the 300 years aswell, some of the other continents did too, the islands like jawaii could have survived but didn't remain fully intact, geffen might have remained fully intact, but the damage taken could have been too cataclysmic for them both to remain unharmed, so the return of jawaii and geffen might happen, we might not see lighthalzen or arunafeltz though, because RO2 will likely feature diving into the new world.

#18 Tetosan

Tetosan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:18 PM

Haha same! Well... maybe not Einbroch.... I'm always gettign lost there, and in 3D? It'd be even more confusing, once I'd enter that place, I'd never leave unless I used Butterfly Wing xD. And... and you know what else, apart from towns? Thanatos Tower x33

And well! I believe it's Arunafeltz's Island... That's what the Nameless Island entrance quest suggest, and it's the last one in Arunafeltz's questline so yup... must be it!

Also they have many Freyja's statues, same ones as in Rachel Sanctuary. Must be freyjan place then xD
e54fcd066137715d.jpg

Makes sense xD But yeah about getting lost, in RO2:Gate of the World i constantly got lost in their Prontera because it was really annoyingly built up xD and Einbroch was annoying too in RO1

Alot of continents sank like comodo (which does explain the reasoning for bards and dancers disappearance from the game itself)

Umbala did sink during the 300 years aswell, some of the other continents did too, the islands like jawaii could have survived but didn't remain fully intact, geffen might have remained fully intact, but the damage taken could have been too cataclysmic for them both to remain unharmed, so the return of jawaii and geffen might happen, we might not see lighthalzen or arunafeltz though, because RO2 will likely feature diving into the new world.

Wait so Bards and Dancers disappeared from the game because Comodo sank.... WHY DIDN'T RANGERS AND BEAST MASTERS DISAPPEAR, PAYON IS GONE!!! xD

Also i don't believe they can leave Arunafeltz out of the game fully, we may not see it but Arunafeltz is probably the origin of the Freyjanity and i'd actually like to traverse Rachel again, i actually enjoyed Lighthalzen and Rachel more than the Rune Midgard Towns.

Sadly i lost track of RO1's story during E10 so.... i heard Yggdrasil was destroyed so how is it that appearently it exists again in RO2? XD

Edited by Tetosan, 02 January 2014 - 01:19 PM.

#19 AmiiMii

AmiiMii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1537 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:25 PM

Payon did not disappear completely, it collided with izlude (Continental Shifts) therefore izlude was rebuilt from the scraps that it was made from.

Payon ruins was the remainder that was left. (izlude shattered by the time payon had collided with it)

Yggdrasil's remnants regrew, and other bits and pieces were made from those points on.

Alot of the rangers or archers that remained had lived, but not alot of them survived, since there was no dancer & bard teacher that remained during the day of despair, well everything went down badly.

Gonryun However might of not survived, it might of fell out of the sky, if it wasn't protected during RO1

Edited by AmiiMii, 02 January 2014 - 01:33 PM.

#20 Tetosan

Tetosan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:37 PM

Payon did not disappear completely, it collided with izlude (Continental Shifts) therefore izlude was rebuilt from the scraps that it was made from.

Payon ruins was the remainder that was left. (izlude shattered by the time payon had collided with it)

Yggdrasil's remnants regrew, and other bits and pieces were made from those points on.

Alot of the rangers or archers that remained had lived, but not alot of them survived, since there was no dancer & bard teacher that remained during the day of despair, well everything went down badly.

Gonryun However might of not survived, it might of fell out of the sky, if it wasn't protected during RO1

B...but where do Sorcerers come from! They can't give us Sorcerers and leave out the Hometown of Sorcerers! which is Yuno/Juno, the Captial City of Schwartzvald! they just can't do that!!! XD

nah just kidding but i'd rather have a game play in Arunafeltz or Schwartzvald than constantly traversing Rune Midgard :x

Maybe they should develope RO3 where you choose your Homeland and fight against the players of the other Lands! XD i'd so constantly mess with Rune Midgard just because i dislike their King XD

#21 TatsuyaKeith

TatsuyaKeith

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:07 PM

Well, I don't think that Geffen will be on a good shape after the Day of Despair ('cause after seeing the Scar of Despair on Divided Plains, we could assume that the whole fighting during the Day of Despair was settled down on the Northeast side of Rune Midgard) + The Patriarch's actions to get in touch with the dark powers of Geffenia. All those demons and Abyssmal Knights getting wild in Geffen shouldn't be so nice 300 years ago. Also, some of the important people of the background lore for RO2 was fighting on Geffen during the Day of Despair, like that sorcerer named Sigmund using Jormungand (or Gram, I don't remember right now) to cleave divine barriers and valkyries like it was almost nothing.

And let me remind you that Geffenia was the old Alfheim, which was the hometown of the elves in the manhwa. The elves should have appeared in RO1 to at least say "Hi" before we were taking the first step into Geffenia to kick some devils' asses, and make some relationships with the normans and have a solid reason to help us on the Day of Despair.

Edited by TatsuyaKeith, 03 January 2014 - 04:42 AM.

#22 BlueTrainer

BlueTrainer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:05 AM

i think there's certain npc had mention about Geffen, i think after this Morroc update will be be update

- Geffen City of Magic Anime Magi style

-Dungeon Map Geffen tower (return off MVP dracula) i think same like osiris tomb instance dungeon

-release wedding system or hair system?

-3 new map connect from morroc,Glast heim (if still exist),Aldebaran?

-all stuff have been balance already ( i hope so)

- i hope return of equipment set bonusses, (sad after chaos there's no bonus set for new incoming set)

this just only my own speculation :P

#23 SonicTMP

SonicTMP

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationAlone in the dishwasher

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:18 AM

Geffen wouild be nice to see. Maybe have the upper floors of the tower get taken over. That' be dop, nightmares and other fun stuff to see. I'd love to see Glast Heim, I spend so much time in there way back in the day.  

Really if you take lore into account there is a TON of zones, dungones, mobs and what not RO2 is missing. Generally anything content wise would be welcomed. It just takes time.

#24 Cruorbaci

Cruorbaci

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • LocationArkham

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:55 AM

i think there's certain npc had mention about Geffen, i think after this Morroc update will be be update

- Geffen City of Magic Anime Magi style

-Dungeon Map Geffen tower (return off MVP dracula) i think same like osiris tomb instance dungeon

-release wedding system or hair system?

-3 new map connect from morroc,Glast heim (if still exist),Aldebaran?

-all stuff have been balance already ( i hope so)

- i hope return of equipment set bonusses, (sad after chaos there's no bonus set for new incoming set)

this just only my own speculation :P

O yes, I'd like to be whipped by dat scantily clad mage-woman.

As for Chaos, it was the pinnacle of Legend of the Second.   if with proper balancing between DPS & Tank Gear, you'd be at the prime against the likes of CoA or AoD.  If anything, Chaos is more of a 'bonus gear' to me.   The more major gear sets were CoA & AoD.  So I'm predicting Set Bonuses & Raid Gear Tokens will make their return if not sometime sooner within the AoV Expansion.

Geffen Tower's Dungeon, which I suspect would be called something like "Depths of Darkness" would be something to the multi-floored Secret Forest Tomb.     With the endboss being Dracula.   Prior to Drac himself, would be the second-to-endboss, Doppelganger.   As for its form, maybe taking the form of someone from the party?  That'd be pretty sick.   Perhaps among its abilities is its ability to change to one of the many raid members and incorporating darkened versions of their class' skills.  

And maybe, just maybe, we'd see the likes of the other heroes/friends of Eremes Guile reincarnated into this era?   Someone like.  I dunno.

Seyren Winsor?   We haven't seen anyone (save Eremes) from da Biolab Bros after Sandstorm.   Maybe its time for a debut?

Edited by Cruorbaci, 03 January 2014 - 05:56 AM.

#25 Tetosan

Tetosan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:23 AM

O yes, I'd like to be whipped by dat scantily clad mage-woman.

As for Chaos, it was the pinnacle of Legend of the Second.   if with proper balancing between DPS & Tank Gear, you'd be at the prime against the likes of CoA or AoD.  If anything, Chaos is more of a 'bonus gear' to me.   The more major gear sets were CoA & AoD.  So I'm predicting Set Bonuses & Raid Gear Tokens will make their return if not sometime sooner within the AoV Expansion.

Geffen Tower's Dungeon, which I suspect would be called something like "Depths of Darkness" would be something to the multi-floored Secret Forest Tomb.     With the endboss being Dracula.   Prior to Drac himself, would be the second-to-endboss, Doppelganger.   As for its form, maybe taking the form of someone from the party?  That'd be pretty sick.   Perhaps among its abilities is its ability to change to one of the many raid members and incorporating darkened versions of their class' skills.  

And maybe, just maybe, we'd see the likes of the other heroes/friends of Eremes Guile reincarnated into this era?   Someone like.  I dunno.

Seyren Winsor?   We haven't seen anyone (save Eremes) from da Biolab Bros after Sandstorm.   Maybe its time for a debut?

Mabinogi Doppelganger style would be 'fun'

Doppelganger when spawned (pretty much when entering the dungeon) takes the form of the strongest Party Member, when you approach him, a switch activates that makes whatever Party Member Doppelganger copied actually attackable by everyone XDD

Yes in Mabinogi there's a mission with a Doppelganger as Boss and you're actually able to attack your Party mates if the Doppelganger took their form =w= fun times trying to stay away from AoE attacks xD

And we won't see the others QQ no love for Seyren, Howard, Kathy, Margarete, Cecil, Randel, Chen, Flamel, Celia, Gertie, Trentini and Alphoccio,

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users