Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 08 November 2010 - 10:27 PM

Yeah, I know how to test hit, but I mean, there's no feasible way to reset our characters at the moment without paying for it, and I'm kind of already a mechanic.

Edited by Sera, 08 November 2010 - 10:32 PM.

#52 Emichio

Emichio

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 751 posts
  • LocationProntera

Posted 08 November 2010 - 10:36 PM

Yeah, I know how to test hit, but I mean, there's no feasible way to reset our characters at the moment without paying for it, and I'm kind of already a mechanic.

hmm, well I've tested it, and weaponry research doesnt add atk nor hit., or maybe just maybe it adds hit but not 20.

#53 Clogon

Clogon

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1621 posts
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 08 November 2010 - 10:41 PM

hmm, well I've tested it, and weaponry research doesnt add atk nor hit., or maybe just maybe it adds hit but not 20.

I doubt your ability to test accurately WR. It does add attack. Just go hit a whisper using a neutral weapon with Overthrust on. You will see that you'll do 5 damage (if you don't have Axe Mastery which will increase this damage even more) instead of missing.

@Sera:
I guess you missed my post just a few secs before yours?

Yes why wouldn't you be able to?

If you have 300 hit and max lvl weapon research, find a monster that requires 310 hit and see if you miss or not. Or if you can't find a minster get a friend with AGI and flee gear to match what you need.

Edited by Clogon, 08 November 2010 - 10:43 PM.

#54 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 10:44 PM

Also, I haven't tested it either way, but I do know it used to appear in the status window, but no longer does.

And are you sure that's not from Hilt Binding or something?

#55 Emichio

Emichio

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 751 posts
  • LocationProntera

Posted 08 November 2010 - 10:48 PM

I doubt your ability to test accurately WR. It does add attack. Just go hit a whisper using a neutral weapon with Overthrust on. You will see that you'll do 5 damage (if you don't have Axe Mastery which will increase this damage even more) instead of missing.

@Sera:
I guess you missed my post just a few secs before yours?

Ya, it might or not add attack, i was only testing the 20 hit after all, which it doesn't add.

Edited by Jaibuu, 08 November 2010 - 10:51 PM.

#56 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 10:53 PM

The only monsters I can test it on without a reset are beez and gloom.

I have no friends.

And did you take into account Hilt Binding?

Edited by Sera, 08 November 2010 - 10:53 PM.

#57 Emichio

Emichio

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 751 posts
  • LocationProntera

Posted 08 November 2010 - 10:56 PM

The only monsters I can test it on without a reset are beez and gloom.

I have no friends.

And did you take into account Hilt Binding?

In my quick test with 1 stats etc, i was doing the expected dmg~ WR adding 20 atk would have been quite noticeable. and for hit i used a frildora, with 275 hit and still missing to it with WR lvl 10.

Didn't bother testing further cause that was enough for me =P.

Also on whisps.. wouldnt you do much more than 5 atk with a mastery? /hmm

#58 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 10:58 PM

My comment is mostly directed at Clogon.

I personally don't think the skill works.

#59 Kahlev

Kahlev

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 08:17 AM

Why?
I have the feeling the pile bunker is supposed to be used with the mado (even a mado skill named it), and not for axe skills, and that is why it is a mace...
It's like asking atroce blade to be used on spear only skills or something...

(rant removed as it is probably out of place anyways)

Why make Axe Tornado/Boomerang work with maces? Simple. Every skill Blacksmiths and Mastersmiths have works with both Axe and Maces. Heck, even "Thrust" skills appear to have been designed having axe/maces in mind (not to mention "Axe training"). Coming now with skills that only work with one type of weapon seems contradictory.

Besides, from a lore standpoint, both weapons are balanced towards the tip so, for rotating/throwing, both weapons should behave in a similar fashion.

Edited by Kahlev, 09 November 2010 - 08:22 AM.

#60 RegalPrime

RegalPrime

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:22 AM

They want it to work with maces so they can use the pile bunker. I still think pile bunker should ONLY be usable while on your mado.

Not that it really means anything, but this was added today on the kro common patch.

- Updated the mechanic skill description for 'Axe Tornado'.
Description: Creates a storm by rotating at high speeds with an axe, dealing damage to all enemies in an area around you. Damage increases with higher VIT. When using the skill, it will drain some HP, and if your weapon is wind attribute it will deal bonus damage.
[Level 1]: Attack Power 300%, Area 5x5 cells / Consumes 20 HP
[Level 2]: Attack Power 400%, Area 5x5 cells / Consumes 40 HP
[Level 3]: Attack Power 500%, Area 7x7 cells / Consumes 60 HP
[Level 4]: Attack Power 600%, Area 7x7 cells / Consumes 80 HP
[Level 5]: Attack Power 700%, Area 7x7 cells / Consumes 100 HP

Now if they would just rebalance some of the skills and not the descriptions we would get somewhere.

#61 Markus

Markus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 12:15 PM

They want it to work with maces so they can use the pile bunker. I still think pile bunker should ONLY be usable while on your mado.

Not that it really means anything, but this was added today on the kro common patch.

Now if they would just rebalance some of the skills and not the descriptions we would get somewhere.

I agree about the pile bunker.

Would like to see this update to axe tornado as well. Any chance we will ever see it?

#62 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 03:03 PM

What update to axe tornado?

That quote there is how the skill already works in-game, the skill description is just wrong.

This is, to the best of my knowledge, how the skill currently works in-game: http://irowiki.org/wiki/Axe_Tornado

The description in the Renewal compilation thread on irowiki is very much wrong on a number of points. The only thing I am unsure about is if the wind modifier is 1.25x damage or 1.5x damage. jRO says it is 1.25, but I still believe it's 1.5.

Anyway, regardless, my point is, this is a description change, but that is already how the skill works in iRO

#63 Kahlev

Kahlev

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 03:48 PM

I don't really mind it working with PB (then again, you could change PB to a sword and would be the same as far as Mado mechanic goes), but i am more interested on making it useable with somethin other than just War Axe or Vecer axe for those of us who still want to wear a shield...

Who am i kidding, i just want to Axe Tornado with this XD

(protip: Mjolnir is a mace)

#64 mauriciolima

mauriciolima

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 09 November 2010 - 05:00 PM

My suggestions for Mechanic/Madogear ( if Gravity is able to hear suggestions from players ^^ )

1 - Instead of keeping Madogear on death, turn "Magic Gear License" into an active skill, alowing the Mechanic to build the Mado in exchange of some item.

C: This is the main issue on our opinion. It's absolutely impossible to play on a class thinking "If I die, anywhere, I'll must go walking to that NPC in the middle of Prontera and talk to him to get Mado back again". This issue exclude Mados from going to WoE or having a high level PvM, and that's 90% of the game. I'm pretty sure if it stays how it is we'll not see any Mado robots playing on all RO servers, just some Mastersmiths with new clothes.

2 - Instead of alowing Mado to use BS skills/buffs, make him deliver more damage, giving Pilebunker a slot, making it a level 4 weapon and alowing to use only Crazy Uproar.
C: I think an upgrade like that should try to give a little more damage to Mechanic class, but still being nothing compared to all other classes.

3 - Remove the blocking of using card skills.

C: I think this is a real absurd, they simply remove not only Merch/BS skills but ALL skills while on Mado.
Ex.: Horong Card. If they'll depend on Infrared Scan, wich reveal only once and has a 15 seconds re-use delay, people with a Smokie card will laught at then.

Things are going really bad for Mechanics, I think modifications like these should animate people for trying this job and possible make Mado build interesting (what is actually impossible).

Edited by mauriciolima, 10 November 2010 - 07:40 PM.

#65 Kahlev

Kahlev

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 05:46 PM

2 - Instead of alowing Mado to use BS skills/buffs, make him deliver more damage, giving Pilebunker a slot, making it a level 4 weapon and alowing to use only Crazy Uproar.
C: I think an upgrade like that should try to give a little more damage to Mechanic class, but still being nothing compared to all others.

^This. For saying it a way, a Mado Gear should be a Gundam. What we currently have is just a SCV.

#66 Taper

Taper

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 November 2010 - 06:17 PM

My suggestions for Mechanic/Madogear ( if Gravity is able to hear suggestions from players ^^ )
C: I think an upgrade like that should try to give a little more damage to Mechanic class, but still being nothing compared to all others.
[b]

...that's what most of BS/MS buffs do, you know. AR, PT/MaxPT, WP, and Maximize Power. They also double as support skills. And that's where the problem with mado lies: they don't do good damage (because they have no way to amp up their damage) nor give good support (because their skills are hampered by severe after-cast delays as well as limitations).

Edited by Taper, 09 November 2010 - 06:20 PM.

#67 Dynex34

Dynex34

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 10:12 AM

The Mechanic who forgot how to repair!

You would think that after advancing to a mechanic, and crafting an amazing suit of armor fused with magic these mechanics would still remember how to repair basic weapons and armor? It's silly that we lose the ability to use basic skills such as Weapon Repair, Item Appraisal, and Greed while in the Mado suit.

#68 Emichio

Emichio

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 751 posts
  • LocationProntera

Posted 10 November 2010 - 12:15 PM

In this maintenance they added a remount npc on the castle maps~ I hope they include mados, that partially fixes one of the problems in woe~

#69 mauriciolima

mauriciolima

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 10 November 2010 - 03:19 PM

In this maintenance they added a remount npc on the castle maps~ I hope they include mados, that partially fixes one of the problems in woe~

Even if every castle map had a NPC (like a Kafra) to remount on Mado, still needing a solution for PvM, it's impossible to take a party and going to Endless Tower for example.

Edit: the NPC is too far from castle's entrances and only remount animals: peco, ferus, wolves,...

Edited by mauriciolima, 10 November 2010 - 04:01 PM.

#70 Asuki

Asuki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 305 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 06:04 PM

Why?
I have the feeling the pile bunker is supposed to be used with the mado (even a mado skill named it), and not for axe skills, and that is why it is a mace...
It's like asking atroce blade to be used on spear only skills or something...

Oh homons aren't as good anymore if you are comparing the two classes, nerfed MATK, and max level 99. (Like Mercs.)
Before, trans blacksmith would always beat trans alchemist 1vs1.
Part of the trade-off having cart boost as 3rd class also means less of the 49 points to spend on 3rd class skills...

And, I agree Pile Bunker [1] plz. ^^

And, I think it would be cool if they give alchemist 3rd a new homon later, should give mechanics like a robot version type of pet... xD

As for the mado suit, should make it like the rangers warg. They can't use any skills except for a few while on it also but they can get on and off it at least. (W/e you know what I'm saying here)

Are u serious? Go compare our third class skills to yours, BTW we have axe mastery as a third class skill +50 attack , +30 hit for 10 third class skill points? oh and they also removed 20 attack and 20 hit from our second job skill weapon research, so basicly we got to spend 10 skill points third class for a net gain of +30 attack and +0 hit, thouse 20 attack where never miss attacks too btw. So don't even go there with us. You guys that a axe mastery as a second class that comparable. and cart boost is 100x better. Also mado build isn't viable till lv 21-22, and thats the bare minimum to get arm cannon, btw even at job 22 we will be walking at less then 100% speed and have no heal yet. >.>

and yes i agree FAW should be changed to some robot pet instead.

and yes aggreed pile bunker with a slot and make it a level 4 weapon, for christ sake, we used a really rare lv 4 weapon to make it to start with, how can it be lower level.

And yes if your going to leave mado suite as having all our other skills disabled, which i will say again is completly retarded, make it at least like a warg, so we can mount/dismount it anytime, remove overheating status. And make it give significant bonuses while we have it on, since we are sacrificing alot of our skills for it. Also make the other tree actually viable. Another thing, mado tree needs to be cut down seriously on skill points and revamped, its not even a viable build until lv job 22 unless you remove overheating. to use mado we are forced to get emergency cooldown unless we want to go back to town every 5 minutes.

#71 Brindizer

Brindizer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • LocationDuluth
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 11 November 2010 - 07:04 AM

WASSUP IM A GENETIC

IM HERE TO COMPLAIN BOWT CART CANON
IT GOT NURFED SO IT ONLY DO 15K
STILL INSTANT CAST THO, WIT NO DELAY

IM RLY PIST I USD 2 KIL EVRYTHIN IN LIK A SEC, NWO IT TAKE 2 SEC

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Let's compare post-nerf Cart Cannon to the Mechanic's Arm Cannon.
It's still superior in every way, and Arm Cannon is supposed to be the Mechanic's paramount skill. What.

#72 Taper

Taper

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 November 2010 - 08:04 PM

What about the Axe Tree? It's still a joke compared to Cart Cannon.

Also, I just found out that Geneticist has a skill that increases their cart weight amount... but Mechanic doesn't get a similiar buff? What the?

#73 Markus

Markus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 08:18 PM

What about the Axe Tree? It's still a joke compared to Cart Cannon.

Also, I just found out that Geneticist has a skill that increases their cart weight amount... but Mechanic doesn't get a similiar buff? What the?

The joke is that the class that builds stuff all day gets a much weaker cart than the class that plays god and mixes chemicals all day.

#74 Asuki

Asuki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 305 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 03:41 AM

from a lore point of view the mechanic is supposed to be much better at mechanical things, like idk carts and cannons? then the genetic that supposed to be better at biological things >>

#75 Asuki

Asuki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 305 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 03:43 AM

also currently our entire mech 3rd class is inferior to cart cannon/cart boost/modify cart. Yes 3 genetic skills alone is worth more then our entire third class. And genetics have even better skills then that...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users