Mass Suspensions Oh My! - Page 6 - Game Discussions (archived) - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

Mass Suspensions Oh My!

• Please log in to reply
343 replies to this topic

#126 278131126104616503

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:05 PM

www.warpportal.com/policy/accountpolicy.html

Inappropriate Action

The following actions are not allowed in-game or on the WarpPortal forums:

- Using items, skills, or the game environment to intentionally disturb or harass other individuals.
- Repeating a single phrase or similar phrases, preventing others from using the chat effectively.
- Promoting any game, business, website, or organization that is not associated to the WarpPortal.
- Scamming another user to obtain items, currency, or other possessions.
- Using 3rd party programs that have not been approved by the WarpPortal support team.
- Selling or purchasing in-game items or currency from locations other than the WarpPortal website with real-world currency.
- Sharing your account information, or the account information of other users, with other people.
- Using or failing to report an exploit or bug.
- Altering the game client without the permission and instruction of the WarpPortal staff.
- Host or play on an Illegal Private Server.

Camp, in your POV how many users will actually read this? I admit I did buy Zeny from *snip* and what is the problem?

We (buyers) buy from zeny seller. Zeny seller get zeny (in-game currency) by botting. Botters are all over the game compete farming with players (us). So we buy zeny from website. U see the cycle? Where is the root of the problem? BOTS!!! The GM cannot ban all the bots knowing 1/2 of the server is bots. So they redirect the problem to the buyers (victims) and we have to solve your problems with our wallets!

minimum purchase of zeny =  *snip* (approx 1 week of farming or even more). Figure it out how much we spend on this game (excluding the service I paid to www.lowerping.com for smoother game experience) .After spending so much in this game, you all decided to wipe us clean. How do you feel if you are in our condition?

Try imagine how many bots are there? and how many players are there? Reduce the players = reduce the demand. But the supplies (bots) remain the same. Low demand high supply will lead to lower equilibrium. This is how you wanna solve your problem?

I know you are just doing your job, Camp. But this wipe and suspension thingy will just de-motivate us to continue with the game. I hope next time you guys can come up with a better solution than MASS RETIREMENT!

#127 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:07 PM

Yeah but

nobody will miss you because you don't actually play. You just wave your wallet and acquire stuff.

In a nutshell, nobody will be bothered if RMT spenders disappear. So you can threaten to quit.... or just play. I don't really understand why anyone would pay to...not play a game.

#128 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:10 PM

Camp, in your POV how many users will actually read this? I admit I did buy Zeny from *snip* and what is the problem?

We (buyers) buy from zeny seller. Zeny seller get zeny (in-game currency) by botting. Botters are all over the game compete farming with players (us). So we buy zeny from website. U see the cycle? Where is the root of the problem? BOTS!!! The GM cannot ban all the bots knowing 1/2 of the server is bots. So they redirect the problem to the buyers (victims) and we have to solve your problems with our wallets!

minimum purchase of zeny =  *snip* (approx 1 week of farming or even more). Figure it out how much we spend on this game (excluding the service I paid to www.lowerping.com for smoother game experience) .After spending so much in this game, you all decided to wipe us clean. How do you feel if you are in our condition?

Try imagine how many bots are there? and how many players are there? Reduce the players = reduce the demand. But the supplies (bots) remain the same. Low demand high supply will lead to lower equilibrium. This is how you wanna solve your problem?

I know you are just doing your job, Camp. But this wipe and suspension thingy will just de-motivate us to continue with the game. I hope next time you guys can come up with a better solution than MASS RETIREMENT!

Do you understand why they bot? It's because players buy from said zeny sellers. You and others who buy zeny from these companies is what funds them to keep on botting. It's why they are so persistent. The root of the problem is the money being funneled to these zeny selling companies from players themselves. Kill the players buying zeny from them and they'll stop selling zeny from lack of profit.

There is no MMO out there that can successfully eradicate really persistent botting. Don't bring private servers into this either. Private servers aren't anywhere near being botted by the big boys who try to combat anti-botting measures.

Edited by GuardianTK, 10 January 2014 - 05:11 PM.

#129 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:11 PM

Every time a user registers an account they tell us and swear that they did in fact read that account policy and the terms of service. Please understand that we are not just singling out buyers with this suspension campaign. We are also going against the sellers and all their bots. Every day our bot hunting GM tends to average several hundred bots removed from the game. We are committed to keeping Ragnarok Online as clean as possible and will continue to do all we can. If I had proof that half the server was bots then half the server would be suspended right now.

We do not and will never turn a blind eye towards these activities. The purpose of this thread is to shine light on why a user may be suspended while they wait for an answer from the GM team.

#130 shizukaa

shizukaa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:15 PM

in some way i have to agree with 2781 since the last time i online before merge i couldnt think that bots will now appear at almost every single map with all class from low to high. with player who have a sufficient financial status this may not be a problem but it might be for new player to farm and grind,i.e more time consumed on the map to hunt and less resources available. 

#131 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • Server:Valk

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:16 PM

Yeah but

nobody will miss you because you don't actually play. You just wave your wallet and acquire stuff.

In a nutshell, nobody will be bothered if RMT spenders disappear. So you can threaten to quit.... or just play. I don't really understand why anyone would pay to...not play a game.

Back from a long break to post here lol. 

Xellie is right, no one will really miss you. Buying zeny by waving your wallet isnt fair to the others who play the game right. The point of playing is to enjoy the journey by going through all the game has to give. Not waving your magic wallet and get everything you could ever want. And please dont compare to those who spend money on Kafra, because its not the same. At least that money is being given to the creators and makers of this game to keep the game running and going on. 

#132 shizukaa

shizukaa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:17 PM

to Ceinchase, i think this might looks like the problem when you determine which one comes first, a hen or an egg.... - -b

#133 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:19 PM

Both are problematic and should be eliminated.

#134 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:20 PM

to Ceinchase, i think this might looks like the problem when you determine which one comes first, a hen or an egg.... - -b

Why don't you complain at *snip*and yell at them? They knew what they were doing was illegal and could get you banned.

#135 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:24 PM

in some way i have to agree with 2781 since the last time i online before merge i couldnt think that bots will now appear at almost every single map with all class from low to high. with player who have a sufficient financial status this may not be a problem but it might be for new player to farm and grind,i.e more time consumed on the map to hunt and less resources available. 

Do you think your the only one who struggled at one point or another to go through this game? Its a hard game to grind at times. But you do it because you enjoy the game and all it has to offer. What fun is it to spend money and get all your levels as fast as possible. 

I 90% of the people who buy zeny have never even see or been a part of even half of the quests or events the game has. They just care about WoE and ET mostly. Sure they are fun and important on a money standpoint (and the limits on end game content) but there are so many other things to do. 

#136 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:25 PM

i think anybody who has freely admitted they buy zeny and claims they are not the problem should be perma banned... OR un-ban them and wipe their account with every maint and use their zeny buying activities as bait to catch the zeny buying rings... i have no sympathy and no tolerance for these people... you messed up you broke the rules and now you wanna cry about it? youre not even sorry you did it.... youre barely sorry you got caught.... dont like the way this game is supposed to be played feel free to leave nobody will miss you at all in fact will will celebrate your leaving...

#137 shizukaa

shizukaa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:28 PM

Why don't you complain at *snip*and yell at them? They knew what they were doing was illegal and could get you banned.

hhmm, i can see the point of this thread and why ppl keep posting their reason but for some reason your argument seems to be distracted. not only it wont help those who got banned and the game better but rather than daring them something impossible to do as a way of saying: yes, thats the game, you did that then thats good for you, now pls go away and moan at the wall". 

#138 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:31 PM

Write in, get your accounts fixed

then blame the sellers

really simple.

#139 inuko23

inuko23

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1182 posts
  • Server:Chaos, Odin (RO2)

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:33 PM

:dotdotdot: Even if you didn't read it, you're still bound to the terms when you agreed to the terms to register an account, installed the game, or playing it (it's the first section of the user agreement). 

https://support.warp...ement-eula.aspx

1. Terms of Agreement

THIS TERMS OF AGREEMENT ("AGREEMENT") DESCRIBES THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ON WHICH GRAVITY INTERACTIVE INC (GRAVITY) OFFERS TO ALLOW YOU TO PLAY ITS MULTI-PLAYER ONLINE COMPUTER GAME "RAGNAROK ONLINE" ("RAGNAROK" OR THE "GAME") CONDITIONED ON YOUR AGREEMENT TO ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CONTAINED IN THIS AGREEMENT AND YOUR COMPLIANCE WITH THE POSTED RULES OF CONDUCT.

BEFORE PROCEEDING TO REGISTER, PLEASE READ THE TERMS OF SERVICE AND CHECK THE "AGREE" BOX IF YOU ACCEPT THE TERMS. BY CLICKING ON THE "I AGREE" BUTTON, INSTALLING, COPYING, OR OTHERWISE USING THE GAME, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT, PLEASE CLICK ON THE "I DO NOT AGREE" BUTTON AND PROMPTLY LEAVE THIS PAGE AND DO NOT USE OR ACCESS OUR SITES OR GAMES.

Edited by inuko23, 10 January 2014 - 05:39 PM.

#140 4903130505104317417

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:39 PM

i think anybody who has freely admitted they buy zeny and claims they are not the problem should be perma banned... OR un-ban them and wipe their account with every maint and use their zeny buying activities as bait to catch the zeny buying rings... i have no sympathy and no tolerance for these people... you messed up you broke the rules and now you wanna cry about it? youre not even sorry you did it.... youre barely sorry you got caught.... dont like the way this game is supposed to be played feel free to leave nobody will miss you at all in fact will will celebrate your leaving...

Player who come to this forum to complain or asking question is another way to help with the improvement and idea to generate more result which will reduce the amount of player who did buy zenny and get cough in the drag net. it is not about you and what you think it about truth and finding a way to help those who is innocent and people who did buy zenny to learn and in doing so to come up with a better way to make RO a better server. The guy like you don't have the ideal plan but just thinking what is the easiest fix. Like the type of people who would shoot them all and ask question later. Commodity is not about you and what you think is right. It about helping Oda and his team to come to better solution and by doing so is to listen to both side.

Now go celebrate your leaving thing with your puppy .....Hypocrite ( i know for sure that the item you sell for zenny is not 100% not bot zenny at some point. if there were 300 account that actually effected. )

#141 shizukaa

shizukaa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:40 PM

please dont mix up the term " dont like the game" and " making queries and complain". ppl plays game that they like and they have voice to make their complain at some point, Face. some will blame, some will be blame, but saying whatever player did wrong and they tried to bring their reason to the table is supposed to be per banned is just a bad advise and will bring the community down.  

#142 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:47 PM

This is TOTAL BS! I've been on RO for 4 months now, and you know what I get for my hard work? NOTHING! No perma-ban, no suspension, no waiting period to get unbanned... not even a need to SUBMIT A TICKET! If that's the way Gravity and WP want to treat people like me, I'll just log in and continue to grind and enjoy the game! And to think, now I don't need to compete as much for mobs to hunt. All this because I just so happened to read the rules. Thanks a lot Camp and Oda! /pif

(No... really.... Thank you!)

#143 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:48 PM

Player who come to this forum to complain or asking question is another way to help with the improvement and idea to generate more result which will reduce the amount of player who did buy zenny and get cough in the drag net. it is not about you and what you think it about truth and finding a way to help those who is innocent and people who did buy zenny to learn and in doing so to come up with a better way to make RO a better server. The guy like you don't have the ideal plan but just thinking what is the easiest fix. Like the type of people who would shoot them all and ask question later. Commodity is not about you and what you think is right. It about helping Oda and his team to come to better solution and by doing so is to listen to both side.

Now go celebrate your leaving thing with your puppy .....Hypocrite ( i know for sure that the item you sell for zenny is not 100% not bot zenny at some point. if there were 300 account that actually effected. )

Hypocrite? in what way am i a hypocrite? ive never felt the need to bot, buy zeny, cheat, buy gears/cards/god items.... hell i never even did a single Turn In cuz i feel they make the game too easy.... i slow grinded my way up... i earned everything ive gained in this game from scratch... and ive helped MANY players along the way... i dont rely on others for anything...

#144 shizukaa

shizukaa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:49 PM

it is very sad that the world doesnt work as you suggested Cein as the fine ticket still can be avoid in some circumstances. facing consequences is a must, but considering the given fact is another. 

#145 Suehara

Suehara

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:50 PM

This is incredibly stupid. I find that the mass suspension is handled poorly and most are unjustified. I get my zeny by selling boxes of 50x oridecon or elunium or selling hankeys i luckily got from stockings back when they were quite expensive (250m each) and thanks to that I have spent quite an amount on steam and on this game. And yet the authorities of this game repays me by banning me despite following the rules.

Things i did that merits ban? Someone enlighten me if this is bannable offense please:

1. Asked my friend to help me transfer 19m to my other character because of the absence of a bank.

2. Gave said friend a powerful weapon i didn't need or want because I couldn't sell it for the right price (+9 Combat Knife Int 5 spell 5)

3. Used a third party program called Lowerping to reduce my lag because lately I am experiencing horrible rubber band like spikes that make my character look like she's doing moonwalks.

Some dumb jerk: But you bought a total of 500m on Naughty Website.

That was back last November you count and I was already punished for it (main reason i did it back then is that noone is banning the spammers making it seem like it's sort of legal). Getting punished for it again is double jeopardy which is not only not ethical but also illegal in most countries. It's like getting fined from a speeding ticket I already settled or spent time for. I haven't bought zeny since then and supported WP and steam by buying their products (KP points) and yet after suffering the insufferable bad TIs, the constant spikes without a good VPN like lowerping, and the ridiculous price of KP points (which became more expensive after newyear) I get banned for following the rules. Outstanding mate. No offense, I love this game as it has been a part of me in the past but I also have to admit that this is past its prime. Only nostalgia is keeping me in it and that's not a bad thing but when you treat your customers like this I am not sure I should let my soft side give in to nostalgia anymore. Thank you, sorry for the wall of text.

Edited by Suehara, 10 January 2014 - 05:53 PM.

#146 Lyrage

Lyrage

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 952 posts
  • LocationWherever there's less bots.

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:50 PM

Waht. This thread is not about having a compromise between the suspended players and WP, this is a warning to everyone playing iRO that doing any illicit activities will have a corresponding punishment. In fact, Oda and his team did a splendid job.

So never buy zeny, never pay for powerleveling services, never engage in RMT. Please play the game normally and enjoy this wonderful game called Ragnarok Online.

P.S. I +1'd you accidentally. ^_^v

#147 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:51 PM

This is TOTAL BS! I've been on RO for 4 months now, and you know what I get for my hard work? NOTHING! No perma-ban, no suspension, no waiting period to get unbanned... not even a need to SUBMIT A TICKET! If that's the way Gravity and WP want to treat people like me, I'll just log in and continue to grind and enjoy the game! And to think, now I don't need to compete as much for mobs to hunt. All this because I just so happened to read the rules. Thanks a lot Camp and Oda! /pif

lol i see what you did there :D

#148 Rythen

Rythen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 959 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:54 PM

it is very sad that the world doesnt work as you suggested Cein as the fine ticket still can be avoid in some circumstances. facing consequences is a must, but considering the given fact is another. 

From what I gather on your posts you're saying

"I bought zeny and got caught, now I'm going to complain because I got in trouble for breaking the rules!"

Get out.

#149 Lyrage

Lyrage

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 952 posts
  • LocationWherever there's less bots.

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:54 PM

LOL. I love this post!

#150 Himeyasha

Himeyasha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 903 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:55 PM

Really confused

Gravity's major fault in any of these banning are
1) Not enough Bot Control 
2) Not having a blaring warning about a particular Terms and Condition that was a rampant abuse not listed.

Everything else is either the Buyer and or the Seller's fault.

Bots do not justify your violating the rules. Your wants in the game do not justify the means. 
Just because I want those 900 dollar boots, doesn't mean I can go smash the window and run off with it. 

If I get caught torrenting a popular TV series called Game of Thrones because I really don't want to pay a 60 dollar cable bill to get 1 TV show
I apologize, I pay my dues and I live without HBO or I buy it if I value it at xyz or I buy the DVD set. If I want more methods of obtaining that TV show 
I go to HBO and say I WANT AN A LA CARTE TV PLAN WITH JUST HBO and they think about it and say no. You can do method 1, 2, or 3

1) is a 10+ year long problem. Whining is not constructive in changing the game. They know about bots,  They know your reasons. Keeping up, Greed, those reasons have not changed in 10 years.

Ideas even crazy ones like mine or just plain promoting the use of the report function are far more effective to changing the game to be better than trying to justify your purchase as trying to keep up.

• Trying to get the Credit Card Processors for zeny sites to cancel their service
  • Recommending buyers to issue chargebacks and inturn financially harm zeny sellers and in turn give them less an incentive to do on RO what they can do on xyz game
  • More effective bot report collection thoughts http://forums.warppo...142535-dear-gms

Also, People should really stop saying Zeny and Item wipe. Sounds like it's a full wipe the way you say it. 

The general policy for first time offenders is to remove what was received not to completely reset the user's progress. This is meant to be a learning tool. We really don't want to hurt users. We just want them to understand that you shouldn't buy from RMT sellers.

Send in a Ticket
Get the ill-gotten gains removed (This means if you had 4B zeny and bought 1B, they remove 1B assuming it's your first offense)
Get account unblocked 
Stop buying zeny and win!

The punishment is basically,
However long it takes them to process your account suspension minus whatever were the ill-gotten gains.

If you got caught in the drag there's a reason why. 

Gravity did its part and banned you for what it suspects as ill mannered behavior.

It's the players turn to respond with either a I'm not guilty because XYZ reasons or I'm guilty I didn't know about it please forgive me.

Edited by Himeyasha, 10 January 2014 - 06:09 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users