Developer's Corner - Friday January 17, 2013 - Page 4 - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Developer's Corner - Friday January 17, 2013

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#76 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:26 AM

Katar raiders already have a high attack speed. Giving them high chance and high stack number of passives would ruin the balance while giving Dual raiders only one passive stack with low chance and low number. Chance for Shattering Blows should be higher due to the low attack rate..

While I partly agree, I beg to differ as well. You have a chance to get a stack every time you attack (not necessarily a basic attack, skills also count). This means when a dual raider uses an AOE on 10 enemies, he has a chance to apply a stack to every single one of them.

#77 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 25 January 2014 - 12:30 PM

Sorry to be so dumb, but could you guys explain to me, what you mean by "stacks" when you are referring to skills?

#78 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 25 January 2014 - 01:14 PM

Sorry to be so dumb, but could you guys explain to me, what you mean by "stacks" when you are referring to skills?

New Status Effects

- These new effects are not able to be removed by purify, which will add additional danger to their utility.

- Currently, only "Wounded" can be removed by the application of the "Healing Touch" effect.

Wounded

• Reduces effectiveness of receiving heals by 5% per stack, for 30 seconds. (Max 20 Stacks: 100% Heal Reduction)

Critical Weakness

• Reduces critical rate by 3% per stack, for 30 seconds. (Max 10 Stacks: 30% Critical Rate Reduced)

Critical Impact

• Increases Critical Damage by 5% per stack, for 30 seconds. (Max 10 Stacks: 50% Critical Damage)

Weakened Armor

• Reduces defenses by 5% per stack, for 30 seconds. (Max 5 Stacks: 25% Defense Reduction)

Adrenaline Rush

• Increase ASPD & MSPD by 10%, for 30 seconds. (Max 5 Stacks: 50% ASPD & MSPD)

Raider

- Giving passive benefits to normal combat will increase the class' ability to alter the outcome of combat through various factors where the longer you are engaged in combat with a Raider, the more dangerous they may become and return some of their utility in group combat situations.

(new) Adrenaline Rush (Katar)

• 5% * SkLv (25%) Chance to apply 1 Adrenaline Rush on self on attack.

Critical Accordance

• 4% * SkLv (20%) Chance to apply 1 Critical Weakness on target when dealing damage.

Vicious Accordance

• 4% * SkLv (20%) chance to apply 1 Critical Impact on self when dealing damage.

(new) Shattering Blows (Dual)

• 3% * SkLv (15%) Chance to apply 1 Weakened Armor when dealing damage.

Screw Attack

• (add) Applies 5 stacks of Wounded, on hit.

Circle Break

• (add) Applied 2 stacks of Wounded, on hit.

These new status effects are stackable, hence we refer to them as stacks.

Edited by jerremy, 25 January 2014 - 01:15 PM.

#79 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 07:46 AM

Thank you very much!

#80 Cristal

Cristal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 06:54 PM

Would the dev can consider to the following :

1) Ammo counter

2) Timer for for all medal. Such as 2x exp, Double drop, non exp medal retrieval medal.

Something like the beserk timer next to mini map.

#81 lester41

lester41

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:19 AM

i really hate that mana break!

if your solo cleric in CD and specially your on attacker side for sure you will loss.

im a running cleric after 2 mana break on me my mana will reduce 50%

please fix that mana break its very annoying.

and the solution to that mana break is to have max level mana flame and some mana recovery skill and then you will sacrifice your def passive and sleep clound etc etc.

and if your a running cleric you cant summon mana flame because it will be useless wen your running around it will be gone.

So no more running cleric?

Edited by lester41, 28 January 2014 - 06:21 AM.

#82 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:54 AM

So, sad to say, the update is taking longer than expected because we're having some other priorities pushed on to us that unfortunately is causing a big delay for development. I wish I could find a way to apologize to the community, but we've had to delay and keep pushing back the update until we're given the all clear on this priority.

The goal of having this update before the end of the month is still a hope, but we're not going to hold our breath at this point. Again, we're trying the best we can to get through it quickly as well as continue development towards the feature updates and balances we've been talking about all month and want to thank everyone for their understanding up front as well as their patience because we know it's been frustrating with how some things are in-game currently, when you've expected it to have been adjusted by now.

I'll try to keep you all informed, best I can, as things progress.

#83 FireJin

FireJin

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 249 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:24 AM

I just curious that any change for champ? Especially for spear champ since right now I am able to build spear champ to be able to win some axe champ and raider in pvp. It would be balance that I could see equal amount of 3 types of champs. Now most champs are 2h champ in Draconis. Almost never see spear champs go for pvp in TG.

If you don't mind to share a bit for champs change, I would be happy to see.

Thank you.

#84 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:14 AM

So, sad to say, the update is taking longer than expected because we're having some other priorities pushed on to us that unfortunately is causing a big delay for development. I wish I could find a way to apologize to the community, but we've had to delay and keep pushing back the update until we're given the all clear on this priority.

The goal of having this update before the end of the month is still a hope, but we're not going to hold our breath at this point. Again, we're trying the best we can to get through it quickly as well as continue development towards the feature updates and balances we've been talking about all month and want to thank everyone for their understanding up front as well as their patience because we know it's been frustrating with how some things are in-game currently, when you've expected it to have been adjusted by now.

I'll try to keep you all informed, best I can, as things progress.

No worries there Leonis. I am not really all that excited to see the changes coming to cleric anyway. But I know you guys are trying and that like the rest of us, you must bow to the wishes of the powers of that be. Maybe if we sent you all some bananas if would come faster? :heh:

#85 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:57 AM

Mmm.... bananas. :happy:

#86 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:04 AM

Gravity needs an entire banana farm, a few bananas won't speed up much.

#87 Soda

Soda

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1188 posts
  • Location-Pee-lippines
  • Server:Leo-Tards

Posted 30 January 2014 - 12:47 PM

Since we're talking about clerics here. When are you going to separate a battle cleric from a support cleric in CD? It just annoys me when my teammates get frustrated that I'm the only cleric in the group and they realize im a battle cleric.

#88 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:31 PM

We're not talking about Clerics anymore, we're obviously on the topic of bananas.

Joking aside, I don't know what kind of separation you're talking about because they're the same class, just built differently. The fact that there currently isn't another class that can offer the support Clerics do, is something we have some plans in the works for in the future. Until then, we're doing the best we can with balance between classes as they exist now.

#89 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:55 PM

They are talking about the difference between a cleric built for battle and a cleric built for support.  Perhaps you could create a way for clerics to label themselves support or offensive, because thats the problem that is happening in Crystal defenders.  I can't mention the game(s) specifically, but I've seen a few where if you went on co-op missions or what not, each player would select what type of role they were filling--maybe there would be a way to just do that with clerics.  Of course, that would require honesty on the player side, so I could see the downfall to it when point hungry clerics took advantage If you happen to be the side that ends up with what the players consider a 'battle cleric' the builds often consist of no heals and all the attack skills and such.  Or in some cases, clerics may have heals and no buffs.   At the end of the day, the players are not likely to do what you are imagining with the classes--but that was always the beauty of this game.  The ability to come up with such unique builds.    Please do not take this as a suggestion to force heals or buffs on any cleric, because the amount of choice has already been reduced drastically.  

As far as making another class that support the way clerics do.. I would say meh, just meh--no other class can stealth like hawkers or no other class can craft like a dealer can--- As in.. they should all have their special things.   There are already buffs on the other classes that have become necessary to pvp outside of cd.  Which, because of charm, has put quite a damper between those with the means to zuly(either already rich, or those who can buy their wealth with real money) because you have those 'elite' players forking out enough for four charm buffers.  And if you don't have those, and you're up against one of those players who does have them, the difference is ridiculously noticeable. You're talking, at least on leonis server, 30b per buffer if you max out the charm. Thats 120b that most players don't have access to.  So, just asking before you make other classes bare more of the weight of support--consider the ramifications it is going to have on the economy and the actual access an average player might have it.  :/

#90 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:31 PM

I'm so happy you recognize the unique beauty ROSE has behind being able to create a character build unique to your enjoyment. :)

If we were to force roles, it certainly would take away the freedom of character creation, something we hold dear and valuable to the uniqueness ROSE has, from the player.

Spreading out support potential is going to happen, because as a point of balance, having a single class provide the majority of support is actually an issue. Same as the Artisan being the only class that can craft, it is an old design facet, because ROSE has a number of years under her. Some of those notions may have been enjoyed and still are by some, but on the whole, isn't good for overall design. I know there's a knot of nostalgia when we start tinkering with some of the older designs, but we have to face a hard decision of whether to keep things how they're going or try to improve them based on trends and what we could do with it creatively. We want to always help ROSE expand to bigger and brighter skies and we'll hold on to as much as we can from what makes ROSE, ROSE.

When it comes to the economy, no one thing is going to fix it at this point. We are working on several key things that will begin to shape the economy in the future, to where we hope it provides a means to restore a better balance for players, premium, paying or not.

#91 Soda

Soda

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1188 posts
  • Location-Pee-lippines
  • Server:Leo-Tards

Posted 31 January 2014 - 01:00 AM

They are talking about the difference between a cleric built for battle and a cleric built for support.  Perhaps you could create a way for clerics to label themselves support or offensive, because thats the problem that is happening in Crystal defenders.  I can't mention the game(s) specifically, but I've seen a few where if you went on co-op missions or what not, each player would select what type of role they were filling--maybe there would be a way to just do that with clerics.  Of course, that would require honesty on the player side, so I could see the downfall to it when point hungry clerics took advantage If you happen to be the side that ends up with what the players consider a 'battle cleric' the builds often consist of no heals and all the attack skills and such.  Or in some cases, clerics may have heals and no buffs.   At the end of the day, the players are not likely to do what you are imagining with the classes--but that was always the beauty of this game.  The ability to come up with such unique builds.    Please do not take this as a suggestion to force heals or buffs on any cleric, because the amount of choice has already been reduced drastically.  

thanks nia <3  :chomok03: . Just want to highlight that point/suggestion that nia made above. Since clerics are so important in a group, what am i suppose to do when i'm the only cleric in the group and i don't even have buffs to support them? Come on, even the buff pots that can be used in CD is a joke. Even if the side with no clerics (or at least a cleric without buffs) were to use them, it doesn't really equal to the other group which has a cleric that have 9xx-1k charm (plus heals). 

Thats why "some" people are saying that they prefer UW over CD cause the game doesn't rely on clerics alone (unlike how cd works now). Before all you need was full buffs and after that, clerics aren't really required to follow everyone around healing, of course clerics wasn't really useless as well but all im saying is that a group could still survive without an active cleric in their team.

Since this whole thread is focused on pvp, i might just point out how damage works now. I'm not sure if this is really my main concern but isn't pvp more focused on skills now? I remember before the update on skills, a-spd builds we're still possible but now ,since skills deals twice as much (or even more) damage than normal attacks its like everyone relies on skill now. Unlike before when skills were just there for an extra damage on target. And I'm quite sure it has been said before that everyone is dying in 3-5 hits (well thats kinda exaggerated tho on some classes), only high def classes like clerics and knights (probably xbow scout and champs as well) are the only one that can survive long enough in war situations. Before the update, anyone (EVEN A MAGE!) can survive being ganged considering that the player is good. Now when 1 person is ganged by lets say 2-3(?) people, there's almost no chance of being able to fight back (or even run). Don't get me wrong, I'm not really complaining about the changes its just that i kinda prefer how damage was scaled back then.

#92 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:42 AM

There was plenty of support potential before for different classes. could you define what you are referring to as support. If its only buffs and heals you're looking at it with such a narrow scope. I don't know about now because I am no longer familer wih how all the classes war(mainly because most players will play whatever is being considered 'op' at the time--which means champs and kniggts right now), but before the skill update if you wanted to really war well you almost brought one of ever class. Champs were the damage part of the group so support wasn't really their thing. Knights did less damage but provided support in the sense that they taunt and take on most of the damage for a party. Bourgs could be decent for extra damage, but had support aspects in their stuns. Artisan provided the same type of support. You could sleep a group and focus on single targets as a group. Clerics and mages were often creative and allowed a lot of freedom to the good players. You use to be able to have a mage who could also lend a little healing. But they aoe mute-Ig consider that s offensive. My point being is support isn't buffing or healin alone. a good cleric before had to mute opposing clerics, purify allies, heal, buff(more important after ga was introduced), stun groups, etc. And good players in other classes lent different types of support. Decloaking could be considered support. Now its a skill that eveyones has and its boring(more so because cloak itself is really boring.. that they can't attack at all while cloaked is dumb) Instead of giving everyone the same support we should be relying on other people to help them out. An example: Champ gets muted, cleric was being attacked by raider. cleric purify the champ who could, in turn, decloak the raider for the cleric. Please just keep stuff like that in mind.

#93 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:44 AM

Ps. forgive the above for typos and grammatical errors. I am on my phone and can't figure out how to edit or how to make the little type box bigger. :/

#94 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:32 PM

Actually had our first test today with the new skill mechanics.... sadly, nothing worked. But nothing exploded either! Honestly, I probably just did something wrong with the setup and we need to figure out what was done incorrectly. The new mechanics are somewhat complicated, but the fun they'll provide, should be very interesting and add a new challenge and diversity to combat tactics. :D

The traps are working for the Bow-Hawker/Scout, but have some tweaking needed.

We're going to try to work in a minor server side patch to apply the Game Arena changes we've been talking about, to help smooth out the honor rewards for participation this week, since the high priority task is less demanding now, we're able to return back to the content work. At the moment, there's no timeline I can provide, but I can assure you we're doing the best we can and working as fast as we possibly can.

#95 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:36 PM

Actually had our first test today with the new skill mechanics.... sadly, nothing worked. But nothing exploded either!

I can fix that for you. I'm a master at making things explode.

Edited by jerremy, 04 February 2014 - 05:37 PM.

#96 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 05:41 PM

haha, thanks Jerremy :P

#97 nions

nions

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:24 PM

Sir im not so famillar with our warp portal.

sir i love rose online so much.

sir my account in rose online was blocked. my account name in rose online is "[Do not post account information]" and my player acount is "[Do not post account information]" but i forgot my email address and pasword. becouse when make rose online last year august or september, i was so exited. pls back my character sir. im begging you GM's. i have you all give me anothere chance. I Promiss i never shout again while vending or playing my char. sir. pls accept this message.

hope for your responce,

Your die hard player,

Nions (aions)

#98 nions

nions

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:26 PM

my account name is [Do not post account information] in draconis server sir and may name in rose online field is aion. sir pls forgive me again sir. thanks

Aions

#99 nions

nions

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:32 PM

Good day sir Lionis,

sir my account in rose online was blocked. my account name in rose online is "[Do not post account information]" and my player acount is "[Do not post account information]" but i forgot my email address and pasword. becouse when make rose online last year august or september, i was so exited. pls back my character sir. im begging you GM's. i have you all give me anothere chance. I Promiss i never shout again while vending or playing my char. sir. pls accept this message. I want to explore more about rose online and i want to play more pls accept this message sir.

hope for your responce,

Your die hard player,

Nions (aions)

#100 nions

nions

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:43 PM

sir my account in rose online was blocked. my account name in rose online is "[Do not post account information]" and my player acount is "[Do not post account information]" but i forgot my email address and pasword. becouse when make rose online last year august or september, i was so exited. pls back my character sir. im begging you GM's. i have you all give me anothere chance. I Promiss i never shout again while vending or playing my char. sir. pls accept this message.

hope for your responce,

Your die hard player,

Nions (aions)

i hope some one recognize me.. :( im hopping for your kind consideration sir :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users