Bonus Maintenance 2/19 9:30pm - Page 19 - Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Bonus Maintenance 2/19 9:30pm

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
497 replies to this topic

#451 Natenaw

Natenaw

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 07:43 AM

Thanks for the stupid rollback i lost 2k zeny gears exp a PERM -_- COSTUME! That I want you to regive me since it is your fault I lost it. These items are not -_- compensation.

Edited by Natenaw, 20 February 2014 - 07:51 AM.

#452 jhay1825

jhay1825

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1077 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 20 February 2014 - 07:58 AM

Oh noes.

My sexy, foxy and dashing horse costume will be GONE!

Oh well if they rollback my zenny ill just buy it again. :P

Edited by jhay1825, 20 February 2014 - 07:59 AM.

#453 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 February 2014 - 07:59 AM

We will need to have a community powwow I think where we discuss what the overall intention was for the honing and its high stats, as we have gotten a bit more clarity ourselves regarding it from the studio.  Looking at the system from the standpoint of right now the stats certainly look too high, but it did have an intention of making the ML stuff as impressing as it should (it was planned out as part of ML update prior to AOV just the building was slated for later implementation)  I don't know what difficulty of content will be with the next contents, Whisper Dungeon, but it may require freaky stats, or at least that is what we are hearing as intention.  Of course at some point intention and planning have to meet reality, today was an interesting colliding of theory vs reality. 

You need a pow-wow to recognize the intention of the honing system?

See, one simple fact is true for all action RPGs. Bonuses are only relative:

Although you might start with 100 HP (dealing 10 damage) and end up with 100,000 HP (dealing 10,000 damage), the relation hasn't changed a bit.

In other words, the "require freaky stats" part is complete bull-_-.

If you require twice as much HP to win against a boss that deals twice as much damage, nothing has changed.... except that you have introduced a hard requirement for that boss and ruined the balance of all other parts in the game.

Ergo: The development team is just incapable of acting reasonable. They've proven incapable to introduce a proper hit-dodge algorithm, disqualified themself with a ridiculous SP cost distribution and shown their incompetence in balancing/fixing the pet system.

This list would be nearly endless: The MP-loss, the drop-rates & kafra costs (snowflakes, cacoa), noel recipes, boss-loops,....................I'm just getting too tired to go on.

Of course they have to deal with a crappy software. It's beyond my comprehension why it requires some 'extra work' to make certain items searchable in the Auction House f.e.

ALSO:

Do not forget that these changes are tested before the patch is released. Someone tested and SAW the changes made with the honing system. So not only the development team has proven incapable of balancing (or overall game design), but also the test team has proven being far away from reality. Even a 'minor' change of +5k critical is just plain stupid.

Edited by Greven79, 20 February 2014 - 08:02 AM.

#454 KouKayne

KouKayne

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:01 AM

i found another bug, hourly reward is always adventurer's pot, always. got 3 and the 4 shows another one, it resets when you change char/map

#455 UnnamedUnknown

UnnamedUnknown

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:04 AM

Who's going to compensate the Master Classes? Especially the 16 hours that I spent farming yesterday? 1 scroll is not going to even come close to what I lost from YOUR mistake(s).

#456 Sehee

Sehee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:05 AM

Well i didn't want a rollback, rollbacks are bad and just -_- up the game, children don't play with time travel

So yesterday i was leveling my beastmaster, i almost completed all the quests in payon, but today i check the game and i'm lvl 30, but i have izlude quests and i have less skill points and stat points, so basically when i reach lvl 50 i will not get my 50 points. Cool(?)

Also i don't want to do all the friggin quests again, not again, not again -.-

#457 Natenaw

Natenaw

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:08 AM

Oh noes.

My sexy, foxy and dashing horse costume will be GONE!

Oh well if they rollback my zenny ill just buy it again. :P

Mine was a gift from a guildy since he got extra but was after maint so he won't have em again. Just really -_- stupid they roll back and there compensation is bs. Like you could of just wiped the stats and then removed honing, then compensated but since the "community" cried for a rollback not thinking about what could be lost cause what does it matter to them?

#458 UnnamedUnknown

UnnamedUnknown

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:10 AM

Mine was a gift from a guildy since he got extra but was after maint so he won't have em again. Just really -_- stupid they roll back and there compensation is bs. Like you could of just wiped the stats and then removed honing, then compensated but since the "community" cried for a rollback not thinking about what could be lost cause what does it matter to them?

Because it was idiotic people spouting the nonense, and idiotic people listened.

#459 MorbidCoffee

MorbidCoffee

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:13 AM

Remember remember the 18th of December.

Losing costumes is the least of this game's major issues. But don't worry guys, they changed the undergarments textures! Top priority fixes in the works!

#460 Natenaw

Natenaw

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:16 AM

I love you Morbid XD.

#461 vandoom

vandoom

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:36 AM

wheeeeeeereee iiiiis miiiii skiiiiil points?! WHERE IS MI SKIIIIIIIIIILL POOOOOINTS!! MIIIIIIIIII SKIIIIIIIL POINTS!!!!

#462 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:39 AM

Because it was idiotic people spouting the nonense, and idiotic people listened.

Nope. It hardly depends on what is saved in the DB and in which way.

A rollback of the DB (more reverting to a pre-patch DB-Dump) is one of the most severe things that could happen (from the business point of view)... but it wouldn't be that hard to do (the technological point of view).

The real question was, whether it would be easier to see what the players have done in the meantime and give them specific benefits to the 'old' state OR if it's easier to recognize what was done and remove particular boni from the 'new' character state.

Since there was so much abusal, it seems hard to filter out who did what to get the gear he has now... so it seems wisely to reset everything and just say: "You've just wasted the last 16 hours, but nothing else! Just repeat what you've done the last day and you will be fine". In order to give you an apology gift, they implemented an XP-boost... or increased some player levels (I would have skipped the last part).

The latter apology gift f.e. imposes other issues, like quest/khara states, items gathered and needed to continue on, etc..

#463 Natenaw

Natenaw

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:41 AM

I see but I could really careless about the items it was only desert scorpion gears I can farm again, same with the zeny and mp. Its mostly the Perm Costume i Lost :(.

#464 jhay1825

jhay1825

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1077 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:43 AM

Yeah my horse mask was also a gift since there wasnt one available in AH at the time.
Not really worried about it. I would rather have them fix this damn situation completely.
I just question if they actually learn from whats happening, coz in my experience they have been rushing patches and contents that causes a lot of gamebreaking stuff. I would list all these events but im pretty sure everyone knows all of it.
I just wish this wouldnt happen again in the near future as everyone knows that almost all the players that has played from Beta is rather rare now. Even the most loyal players has their limits on what and how much they could take.
I love Ragnarok 1 thats why i like playing Ro2, even though theres not much resemblance with the 2 games. But mistakes like these really push people away and i just hope for the love of the great Odin! That they dont do this kind of thing again.
Well, if they do wanna chase people away theyre free to do as they like and repeat stuff like this over and over.
My abs can only take so much.

Good day everyone.

#465 UnnamedUnknown

UnnamedUnknown

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:44 AM

The problem is, the time I lost. I  lost 16 hours. When will I be compensated for that.

Edited by UnnamedUnknown, 20 February 2014 - 08:48 AM.

#466 Natenaw

Natenaw

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:46 AM

Yeah my horse mask was also a gift since there wasnt one available in AH at the time.
Not really worried about it. I would rather have them fix this damn situation completely.
I just question if they actually learn from whats happening, coz in my experience they have been rushing patches and contents that causes a lot of gamebreaking stuff. I would list all these events but im pretty sure everyone knows all of it.
I just wish this wouldnt happen again in the near future as everyone knows that almost all the players that has played from Beta is rather rare now. Even the most loyal players has their limits on what and how much they could take.
I love Ragnarok 1 thats why i like playing Ro2, even though theres not much resemblance with the 2 games. But mistakes like these really push people away and i just hope for the love of the great Odin! That they dont do this kind of thing again.
Well, if they do wanna chase people away theyre free to do as they like and repeat stuff like this over and over.
My abs can only take so much.

Good day everyone.

Yeah but I am not rich like you XD I have maybe like 3k between all my characters so it was a huge lose for me, and I understand I am starting to get to my breaking point.

#467 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:55 AM

The problem is, the time I lost. I  lost 16 hours. When will I be compensated for that.

In the next 40hours, when you get the 30% XP boost and the additional Battle Manual. It's just an apology.... sure. But I truly wish that they waste their time actually FIXING existing problems rather than analyzing the DB dump if someone lost more in the 16hours than others.

#468 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:59 AM

Yeah but I am not rich like you XD I have maybe like 3k between all my characters so it was a huge lose for me, and I understand I am starting to get to my breaking point.

A 5k Zeny boost for everyone would be fun as well and very easy to implement:

UPDATE table_player SET money = money + 5000;

The worst thing that could happen is an inflation, but players should be used to that as well right now.

#469 Strobe

Strobe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:01 AM

I can still see people not happy with the decision they made. Just think of it this way, The rollback was a big sacrifice for all of us to save the game. Be glad you're still playing RO2. I bet when you guys get to the point where you actually consider honing, you'll be screaming for a rollback too

#470 Natenaw

Natenaw

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:12 AM

I can still see people not happy with the decision they made. Just think of it this way, The rollback was a big sacrifice for all of us to save the game. Be glad you're still playing RO2. I bet when you guys get to the point where you actually consider honing, you'll be screaming for a rollback too

I did hone and my highest thing was 2k ap not that game breaking, i understand it may of been the only fix due to all those who abused it. Just like stupid they could of just roll backed gears,

#471 Imhorny

Imhorny

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:52 AM

People people people, stop thinking of yourselves and think about the game/community as a whole. In other words, look at both the big picture and the small picture.

#472 9640130520001914843

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:04 AM

Complete rollback like this is not ideal but I'd take that over further stat imbalance from superhoned items. Yeah, it sucks that game time and items were lost, but it's a small sacrifice compared to eventually having to deal with people with 3 billion HP or 2^16 stats.

#473 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:16 AM

<better not to quote it>

I just love playing the game, weak or not.

See, I like if player are complaining... it should be a smack in the face of the development team, the test team and anyone else who is responsible for this disaster. It was easy to avoid. Maybe they will learn their lesson or getting better in rolling back every coming patch as well.

Players heavily abused Embus to gather cards, making zeny, etc. Others abused the pet system in general, abused glitches, used cheat programs, traded colo gear,abused Sandarman Fortress to gather MasteryPoints, botted Pilarnium, and so on....................

So how many of them had to pay for their cheating?

Also ask yourself, who abused the current honing 'and who actually made it public? Most likely not those characters who don't have mastery levels at all. But now guess who is also paying for this? So in my opinion, it's more than fair if players are complaining... no matter if they can send in a ticket or not.

Since you wrote that you like playing the game... even beside all the abusal and issues I mentioned above, I'm very curious for what part you like the game? The raiding challenges, the mindless grinding, the inbalanced chars, the abusal, the player inbalance, the pay2win factor, the lousy graphic (including all the glitches) or just the matchless PvP experience? Or do you like to have a rather complex twitter alternative?

Edited by Greven79, 20 February 2014 - 10:18 AM.

#474 IamLt

IamLt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 266 posts
  • Server:The Almighty Odin

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:21 AM

nvm

Edited by IamLt, 20 February 2014 - 10:21 AM.

#475 AuroraSkye

AuroraSkye

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:21 AM

It has been pointed out that a rollback actually isn't ideal and sometimes a bad way to go. They only reseted the last 13 or so hours of available gameplay from yesterday. Not even a whole day.

It seems like the devs thought a rollback would be the quickest and most efficient way of dealing with the horrible disaster of their new system. From the time you left it play Tues/early Wednesday morning until now after the rollback. Nothing was hurt, you just lost a little bit of your time if you played during this time.

People people people, stop thinking of yourselves and think about the game/community as a whole. In other words, look at both the big picture and the small picture.

The above comment needs to be read by everyone even thinking about commenting here and ones who have already. The game/community is what's important, not your individual needs (in this case, the precious mp, items, and others things that is seemed to be held so dear). Please think about this.

Edited by AuroraSkye, 20 February 2014 - 10:22 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users