Good weapon and cards for rolling cutter? - Thief Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Good weapon and cards for rolling cutter?

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 Quoc

Quoc

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1037 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 February 2014 - 12:58 PM

^^^^^^

#2 Quoc

Quoc

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1037 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 02:44 PM

Bump

#3 7727130505202616347

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • LocationChile
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odín

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:12 AM

Bump, cause i think that is an interesting question

#4 thatfool

thatfool

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1909 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:16 AM

i think popular weapons are jur[3] with 3x hunter fly cards

#5 Quoc

Quoc

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1037 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:33 AM

Yeah I thought about that but I also thought that the more SP it cost to kill, the faster you run out of SP instead of HP which could be a problem since SP items are harder to get and cost more usually.

RWH can probably help remedy to some extent but since the damage is quite low, the sp gain is much lower too.

But from what I tried recently, a high upgrade durga with hunter fly card + RWH has a decent rate of recovering high amounts of hp, sp(damage is huge so sp is always full with 1 activation on EDP), and all the while dealing high 5 digit damages. Just thought I'd update what I tried so far.

Edited by Quoc, 25 February 2014 - 09:34 AM.

#6 GraydroZ

GraydroZ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 284 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:15 AM

Yeah I thought about that but I also thought that the more SP it cost to kill, the faster you run out of SP instead of HP which could be a problem since SP items are harder to get and cost more usually.

I use an armor carded with Earth deleter card for SP and it works good in low and mid TIs.

For weapon, I use Specialty Jur with x4 Hunter fly cards. The damage is low but the HP leeching is good if you wanna use EDP. For headgear I swap between RWH and WPH; RWH when Rolling cutter the mobs and WPH to regen HP to full after each mob.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that this setup is for low and mid TI. I have never leveling GX in high TI so I'm not sure this setup still be an appropriate one.

Edited by GraydroZ, 25 February 2014 - 10:16 AM.

#7 Quoc

Quoc

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1037 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:39 AM

How much damage are you dealing to them with that weapon?

I do between 13~14k per hit in the current mob with Bless+Aspersio+EDP.

15k+ if I get the gramps buff with it. So far I find it very hard for my health to drop since the mobs usually die within a second or two or the hp fills it up in one go when it happens. Almost feels like it's 60~70% chance per stack of mobs.

#8 Weazy15

Weazy15

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 964 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, California
  • Server:Chaos (Renewal)

Posted 25 February 2014 - 12:52 PM

+12 Malicious Durga. Yes it is a lvl 3 weapon but it gives an awesome attack power. @ 150, w/ 100 Str and wearing HBP, on a EDP status, i deal around 18~20k per spin. it can be further increases to 25k+ or more if you are using elem converts that correspond to  enemies weakness.

My highest damage RC is around 59k on Margaretha. I'm using +12 GBR w/ Curse water.(I'm not sure if i have strike or odin) but yeah..

#9 thatfool

thatfool

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1909 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia

Posted 25 February 2014 - 01:51 PM

reading this makes me want to level my gx

#10 GraydroZ

GraydroZ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 284 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 07:39 AM

How much damage are you dealing to them with that weapon?

My damage is weak, usually around 4-5k after EDP :p_ang: . May be I should change to damage setup like you guys instead.

My highest damage RC is around 59k on Margaretha. I'm using +12 GBR w/ Curse water.(I'm not sure if i have strike or odin) but yeah..

59k damage!! That's like mini Arrow storm each spin!!

#11 MintRoyale

MintRoyale

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1724 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:10 AM

whats a GBR? lol

#12 meditation

meditation

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3547 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:16 AM

whats a GBR? lol

Glorious Bloody Roar

#13 MintRoyale

MintRoyale

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1724 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:19 AM

thanks boss ^^

#14 stygionyx

stygionyx

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1463 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:39 AM

Best weapon for maximum damage is +12 malicious wild beast claw with Fighting spirit 6/6 enchant. It is a level 4 weapon, so the total ATK is higher than +12 durga, even if a durga have a base 190 ATK (Not to mention the bonus ATK from the enchants, FS 6/6 gives +42 ATK!). I deal 22k+ max using only EDP. No other buffs. Edit: with VIP buffs xD. I don't even use HBP, as I'm using Immune Nid Garb for sp leech. I haven't experimented it for maximum damage. I don't know how much I could deal with FS enchanted +9 FAW and Bloodied Shackles Ball + Shackles combo.

If you want a weapon that provide more survivability, then choose +12 Krishna. It is double slotted for double hunter fly cards. Can also be enchanted just like wild beast claw (FS 6/6 at its wonder gives +42 ATK, higher than HBP bonus). ANDDD, can be combo-ed with assassin handcuffs for +50 bonus ATK. This is my main leveling weapon back when I was leveling my GX. Coupled with RWH, My GX become immortal.

Edited by stygionyx, 27 February 2014 - 05:04 AM.

#15 Quoc

Quoc

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1037 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 02:42 AM

I might give that a try to see. By default I went with durga mainly because 0.5% str bonus only applies to the base damage of the weapon, not the upgrades nor enchants. But it's worth giving it a shot since wild beast are pretty cheap to enchant.

Edited by Quoc, 27 February 2014 - 02:43 AM.

#16 stygionyx

stygionyx

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1463 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 05:38 AM

I might give that a try to see. By default I went with durga mainly because 0.5% str bonus only applies to the base damage of the weapon, not the upgrades nor enchants. But it's worth giving it a shot since wild beast are pretty cheap to enchant.

:wah:  

I thought we're talking about EDP RC. EDP multiply weapon ATK by 5, and weapon ATK includes both str bonus and refinement bonus.

WeaponATK = ( BaseWeaponATK + Variance + STRBonus + RefinementBonus ) × SizePenalty

That formula is from this link. Do correct me if I'm wrong please.

Edited by stygionyx, 27 February 2014 - 05:40 AM.

#17 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online

Posted 27 February 2014 - 05:48 AM

I just use +12 Specialty Jur with 4 hunter fly.....it's the best for not using like ANY pots at all. It is a bit weaker than others listed, but survivability makes up for that.

#18 Peerless

Peerless

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Atlanta Currently
  • Server:Chaos aka Ragnarok to Be

Posted 27 February 2014 - 06:37 AM

Best weapon for maximum damage is +12 malicious wild beast claw with Fighting spirit 6/6 enchant. It is a level 4 weapon, so the total ATK is higher than +12 durga, even if a durga have a base 190 ATK (Not to mention the bonus ATK from the enchants, FS 6/6 gives +42 ATK!). I deal 22k+ max using only EDP. No other buffs. Edit: with VIP buffs xD. I don't even use HBP, as I'm using Immune Nid Garb for sp leech. I haven't experimented it for maximum damage. I don't know how much I could deal with FS enchanted +9 FAW and Bloodied Shackles Ball + Shackles combo.

If you want a weapon that provide more survivability, then choose +12 Krishna. It is double slotted for double hunter fly cards. Can also be enchanted just like wild beast claw (FS 6/6 at its wonder gives +42 ATK, higher than HBP bonus). ANDDD, can be combo-ed with assassin handcuffs for +50 bonus ATK. This is my main leveling weapon back when I was leveling my GX. Coupled with RWH, My GX become immortal.

You may want to word your statement a little better.Those words don't go together,unless you're not being specific...

Wouldn't an Aunoe,Hillsrion,or even The Paper card be a better choice for dealing damage?I don't know about you guys,but I hate carding Hunter Flies because I want to kill my target as fast as possible and you know,I could care less about using pots or not while doing farming or mvping for that matter.

I don't know,I just hate HF cards.They are ass imo...

Edit: Before you respond back to this,I know you'll probably want to say something like,"it won't make that much of a difference",but I think every bit of damage counts as well as how much time it takes you to kill your target.

Edited by Peerless, 27 February 2014 - 06:43 AM.

#19 7727130505202616347

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • LocationChile
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odín

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:16 AM

You may want to word your statement a little better.Those words don't go together,unless you're not being specific...

Wouldn't an Aunoe,Hillsrion,or even The Paper card be a better choice for dealing damage?I don't know about you guys,but I hate carding Hunter Flies because I want to kill my target as fast as possible and you know,I could care less about using pots or not while doing farming or mvping for that matter.

I don't know,I just hate HF cards.They are ass imo...

Edit: Before you respond back to this,I know you'll probably want to say something like,"it won't make that much of a difference",but I think every bit of damage counts as well as how much time it takes you to kill your target.

Im with you, u know, but we r talking bout a RC build to mob, so a crit based gear build is just useless, again i think that rwh plus 9 is enought to make u inmortal, durga plus 9 with skel worker or something for dmg will be better.
Btw, how the hell is so ez for u all talk bout +12 weapons, im playing for around 2 months, AMD i know that a +12 weapon cost like 5b, so be realist plz.

#20 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:36 AM

a +12 specialty Jur or Durga is very easy to make. It wasn't too long ago I saw two +10 durga's selling at 250m. (lv4 weapon 10% chance to +10 and beyond - Lv 1-2-3 30% chance to +10 and beyond) 

I had the most unlucky KVM mace ever, and it was +10 in 2.5~3b - this is FAR from average. This was the most I spent ever upgrading but it was over a year long period.

I play my GX in TI's frequently, and I would never be caught dead without some sort of HF carded weapon. An RWH is far from making you immortal, unless you're doing weak TIs. The 4x HF specialty jur ensures you will never really ever have to pot. The only time I would ditch it is to use G katar or KVM for Bios.

Killing fast is very important, sometimes. Like on MVPs, I would never use a HF carded weapon. (I use crits, full sapha and chakram+cuff)

If you're in TIs, you're usually farming, cutting down supplies is another way to profit.

#21 Weazy15

Weazy15

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 964 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:42 AM

There's many katars that you can choose from to match your style of play or the way you want.

Just like what  stygionyx mentioned, you can also use a high level krishna w/ enchants and assassin cuff combo, however that would be somewhat going to be pricey as assassin cuff prices are going up lately as no one hunts them,

You can choose from these: (I ranked them according to what I think is the best.)

1.) Glorious Bloody Roar / Jamadhar 140Atk (Lvl.4 weapon ; for DPSing when it procs to 193 aspd ; note: its has 0 weight too)

2.) Guillotine Katar (Lvl 4 weapon per IW database), [ I really don't have this but it has a 200 atk and it's a lvl 4 weapon, can be enchanted and it's slotted]

3.) Highly refine Krishna 120atk w/ Assassin Handcuffs +50atk ; Lvl 3 weapon w/ 2 slots and can be enchant (You can either put more attack (Hilslion card) or get hunter fly cards) 

4.) Wild Beast Claw lvl 4 weapon 160atk, can be enchant, and slotted [1]

5.) Durga lvl 3 weapon w/ 190atk can't be enchant and no slot

6) Katar [2], Jamadhar [1], Jur [3] and Specialty Jur [4] then, 3slotted elemental katars...

Always remember that it is a must to have +9RWH or +9Vanagard helm (did i spell it right) on your headgear as it helps restoring your hp base on your damage. (it is a chance tho)

EDP EDP EDP! :D 

Edited by Weazy15, 27 February 2014 - 08:45 AM.

#22 GraydroZ

GraydroZ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 284 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:09 AM

I play my GX in TI's frequently, and I would never be caught dead without some sort of HF carded weapon. An RWH is far from making you immortal, unless you're doing weak TIs. The 4x HF specialty jur ensures you will never really ever have to pot. The only time I would ditch it is to use G katar or KVM for Bios.

I would like to ask that is it viable to use 4x HF Specialty Jur in high TI? I only do around 4-5k per each spin with EDP :p_swt: . Am I use inappropriate setup? I mean is this typical damage for 4x Specialty Jur?

#23 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:15 AM

It is, but you need to match up the elements. I always have all 4 converters on me to maximize my damage on whatever they put into TIs. That's about typically for incorrect or no element at all. I think I do like 7k but I wear some good gears for damage mods.

#24 Quoc

Quoc

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1037 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:50 AM

There's many katars that you can choose from to match your style of play or the way you want.

Just like what  stygionyx mentioned, you can also use a high level krishna w/ enchants and assassin cuff combo, however that would be somewhat going to be pricey as assassin cuff prices are going up lately as no one hunts them,

You can choose from these: (I ranked them according to what I think is the best.)

1.) Glorious Bloody Roar / Jamadhar 140Atk (Lvl.4 weapon ; for DPSing when it procs to 193 aspd ; note: its has 0 weight too)

2.) Guillotine Katar (Lvl 4 weapon per IW database), [ I really don't have this but it has a 200 atk and it's a lvl 4 weapon, can be enchanted and it's slotted]

3.) Highly refine Krishna 120atk w/ Assassin Handcuffs +50atk ; Lvl 3 weapon w/ 2 slots and can be enchant (You can either put more attack (Hilslion card) or get hunter fly cards) 

4.) Wild Beast Claw lvl 4 weapon 160atk, can be enchant, and slotted [1]

5.) Durga lvl 3 weapon w/ 190atk can't be enchant and no slot

6) Katar [2], Jamadhar [1], Jur [3] and Specialty Jur [4] then, 3slotted elemental katars...

Always remember that it is a must to have +9RWH or +9Vanagard helm (did i spell it right) on your headgear as it helps restoring your hp base on your damage. (it is a chance tho)

EDP EDP EDP! :D

Durga has a slot.

Edited by Quoc, 27 February 2014 - 10:50 AM.

#25 Weazy15

Weazy15

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 964 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:16 AM

Durga has a slot.

Forgot. my bad.thanks for checking. and yes.. i am using a +12 malicious durga. lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users