Good weapon and cards for rolling cutter? - Page 2 - Thief Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Good weapon and cards for rolling cutter?

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#26 Quoc

Quoc

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1037 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 February 2014 - 11:43 AM

I'm not sure why but when I did the calculations for Durga vs buffed and cuff'd Krishna, Durga for some reason in the calculation shows up as more damage. The stat calc could be wrong but what are the chances it's wrong about this one particular thing? Only one real way to find out is to compare it side by side which I don't think I'm willing to put the zeny in to try it lol. But from the way it stands, the numbers show Durga doing more damage still.

Edited by Quoc, 27 February 2014 - 11:44 AM.

#27 7727130505202616347

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • LocationChile
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odín

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:10 PM

Same question, i have a +7 chakram fs10, and my durga + 7 just rape in dmg, even with the sin handcuff combo

#28 Weazy15

Weazy15

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 964 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, California
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos (Renewal)

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:18 PM

I'm not sure why but when I did the calculations for Durga vs buffed and cuff'd Krishna, Durga for some reason in the calculation shows up as more damage. The stat calc could be wrong but what are the chances it's wrong about this one particular thing? Only one real way to find out is to compare it side by side which I don't think I'm willing to put the zeny in to try it lol. But from the way it stands, the numbers show Durga doing more damage still.

To be honest i saw that as well... However I didn't bother testing Krishna + SinCuff since i have +12 GBR and Durga.. and i couldnt afford to get a +12 Krishna and SinCuff.. I couldnt say calc is right or wrong as when i did mine, it was somewhat in that range.. 

I guess if you ever did Krishna and Sincuff, let me know i am curious as well. i don't know the exact formula or calculation but if it happen that Durga is > Krishna w/ Sincuff then i guess it has something to do w/ base weapon atk excluding bonuses...

#29 dallashunter

dallashunter

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 07:43 PM

Yeah I thought about that but I also thought that the more SP it cost to kill, the faster you run out of SP instead of HP which could be a problem since SP items are harder to get and cost more usually.

RWH can probably help remedy to some extent but since the damage is quite low, the sp gain is much lower too.

But from what I tried recently, a high upgrade durga with hunter fly card + RWH has a decent rate of recovering high amounts of hp, sp(damage is huge so sp is always full with 1 activation on EDP), and all the while dealing high 5 digit damages. Just thought I'd update what I tried so far.

If I may know, how many + do you have on your RWH and your durga, and do you use poison bottle often? It's my first time playing GX and I'm torn between triple mali jur and mali durga. I don't have much budget so I can only afford just one of them, and I also don't think to be able to afford poison bottle 24/7, so I'm inclined towards mali durga, but I'm afraid that the absorb chance is too small.

#30 Quoc

Quoc

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1037 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:05 AM

They're both +9

+9 Durgas can sometimes be found at 99m on rare occasions. The RWH I +9'd it myself. From what I can tell, if you mob heavy amounts on you, your chances of survival is quickly wiping them out than trying to sustain life while tanking all that damage.

#31 dallashunter

dallashunter

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:24 AM

Hm, do you have any advice which should I choose in my circumstance?

I only have budget to get either +7 mali durga or +8 triple mali jur, maybe +9 if I get lucky. Oh, and my rideword hat is only +7 as well.

#32 Quoc

Quoc

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1037 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:29 AM

Honestly I'd go with the Durga. I'll list "my" own personal opinions on the pros and cons and you'll see why I chose durga at the end.

Durga HFC -

Pros:

- Does more damage

- May help you save more SP potions

- Killing mobs faster = Faster exp

- Killing mobs faster = Less chance to die to being mobbed to death

- Killing mobs faster = Wastes less EDP as you waste less time clearing mobs

Cons:

- Less chance to life steal

- Can only be used by GX class

Jur[3] HFC - 

Pros:

- More chance to life steal

- Cheaper to make

- Can be used right when you change into an assassin class

- May save you more HP potion zeny

Cons:

- Much less damage than durga

- Less damage = more time spent killing stuff hence slowing down exp

- Less damage = more time needed to tank mob and when mobs pile up it could mean your death, especially if they have blind, silence, and especially stun skills involved

- Less damage = more edp need to be spent to kill the same amount of mobs as durga

Edited by Quoc, 04 March 2014 - 11:57 AM.

#33 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:53 PM

I believe wild beast claw is the best katar for pvm damage once its been malangdo enchanted.

+12 Durga is 250 atk with 15% variance
+12 FS7FS7 Wild Beast Claw is 244+48 atk with 20% variance.
Being a lv3 wep hurts durga a lot in the upgrade and variance game.

That guillotine katar should be comparable to the malanagdo enchanted wild beast. Like a hair higher max damage but lower avaerage damage (reason: Malangdo +atk not affected by variance).

Edited by Jaye, 04 March 2014 - 04:03 PM.

#34 7727130505202616347

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • LocationChile
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odín

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:45 PM

What means "variance"? :B

#35 Weazy15

Weazy15

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 964 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 12:52 PM

I believe wild beast claw is the best katar for pvm damage once its been malangdo enchanted.

+12 Durga is 250 atk with 15% variance
+12 FS7FS7 Wild Beast Claw is 244+48 atk with 20% variance.
Being a lv3 wep hurts durga a lot in the upgrade and variance game.

That guillotine katar should be comparable to the malanagdo enchanted wild beast. Like a hair higher max damage but lower avaerage damage (reason: Malangdo +atk not affected by variance).

True but only if you're thinking about getting it to +12. Which on the average occasion, people are satisfied w/ +9 or +7 unless you have tons of money to spend and really want to be highly geared.

#36 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:04 PM

What means "variance"? :B

you can look it up on irowiki.org. basically it makes weapon damage random.
lv3 wep with 100 atk would do 85~115 damage
lv4 wep with 100 atk would do 80~120 damage

etc.

#37 Peerless

Peerless

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Atlanta Currently
  • Server:Chaos aka Ragnarok to Be

Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:58 PM

True but only if you're thinking about getting it to +12. Which on the average occasion, people are satisfied w/ +9 or +7 unless you have tons of money to spend and really want to be highly geared.

Depends.Are we talking about maximum damage here?Why would you not want to be highly geared though?Maybe I'm just really lucky with upgrades,but it has never cost me that much zeny or money to get a weapon up to +12.Not even close to a bill.A lot of people who play this game are afraid and superstitious on things they hear from others though,so I can also understand that.But generally,when I hear what people want the best,it would have to do with the gear being +12,unless it's an armor or something.

#38 dallashunter

dallashunter

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:54 PM

Depends.Are we talking about maximum damage here?Why would you not want to be highly geared though?Maybe I'm just really lucky with upgrades,but it has never cost me that much zeny or money to get a weapon up to +12.Not even close to a bill.A lot of people who play this game are afraid and superstitious on things they hear from others though,so I can also understand that.But generally,when I hear what people want the best,it would have to do with the gear being +12,unless it's an armor or something.

Of course people want their gear to be refined as high as possible, but unfortunately not all people have the luxury of having enough zeny for that. Maybe it's just me bad at managing zeny, but I was just starting for 3-4 months ago and haven't had any gears upgraded beyond +9. So honestly when I first read this thread I was kinda surprised when everyone adviced to get +12 weapons.

#39 Quoc

Quoc

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1037 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:03 AM

Honestly, the wild beast reply does technically answer the thread. As for answering the average joe's best weapon of choice, that's a different story.

#40 GraydroZ

GraydroZ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 284 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:34 AM

Dr.Azzy compared atk from Durga and WBC (before and after Malangdo enchanted) mathematically.

Durga vs. WBC

#41 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:26 PM

azzy basically said the same as me

#42 Weazy15

Weazy15

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 964 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:45 PM

Of course you want to be highly geared. However, not all can afford and lucky as you are. I am only basing it based on the average and easier to attain.

#43 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:16 PM

lol I never debate Azzy or Kaddy's math skills. I am really happy to know the full breakdown now, pretty happy about that. Thanks everyone!

#44 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:35 PM

azzy doesn't really go into it, he uses averages, but "unsafe" upgrades add a lot of max damage but no minimum, particularly with level 4 weapons. Each unsafe upgrade adds 0-14 damage, on top of the 7. So a +12 gets 84~252 atk from upgrades. You can always expect overupped lvl 4 weapons to make lvl 1~3 weapons look weak.

This causes a lot of people to be asking which is better, this lvl 3 or lv4 wep? When the answer should be obvious :>

Edited by Jaye, 06 March 2014 - 01:36 PM.

#45 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:41 PM

Ah, that would explain why there is crazy variance on RTE as well. Good to see you =p

Edited by Havenn, 06 March 2014 - 01:41 PM.

#46 Kandine

Kandine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts
  • Locationmorroc (45,107)

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:31 PM

what about chakram with FS enchants for Rolling Cutter? maybe card it with Hunter Fly for life leech. is it any good than WBC?

#47 Peerless

Peerless

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:13 PM

what about chakram with FS enchants for Rolling Cutter? maybe card it with Hunter Fly for life leech. is it any good than WBC?

It isn't better than WBC.Nothing is,other than Guillo. Katar,with both them being at +12.Chakram is a level 3 weapon,while the two I mentioned before are level 4 weapons.Both have higher attack,even with Chakram adding 10 more.Carding the weapon with a HF card is definitely not going to help with its damage either..

#48 Kandine

Kandine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 01:17 AM

It isn't better than WBC.Nothing is,other than Guillo. Katar,with both them being at +12.Chakram is a level 3 weapon,while the two I mentioned before are level 4 weapons.Both have higher attack,even with Chakram adding 10 more.Carding the weapon with a HF card is definitely not going to help with its damage either..

Thanks. I guess its time to buy/enchant another WBC with FS this time. I'm not rich though, prolly best that I can upgrade is up to +7 only.

Not sure how will I survive without hunter fly cards though  :p_sick:

Edited by Kandine, 07 March 2014 - 01:17 AM.

#49 Peerless

Peerless

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 05:05 AM

Thanks. I guess its time to buy/enchant another WBC with FS this time. I'm not rich though, prolly best that I can upgrade is up to +7 only.

Not sure how will I survive without hunter fly cards though  :p_sick:

Awww,now I see why people still use HF cards now.I'm sorry to hear that,but if you're short on zeny,I recommend staying with HF for awhile.

Reason why I never liked the HF card is because I'd rather put a card that would give me more damage against monsters in it,something like Hillsrion,so that I can kill them faster,so I wouldn't have to worry about restoring my hp,even though I can care less about using slims in pvm.I prefer WBC for rolling cutter though and my kvm weapons for critting.Oh,also I tried out a +12 enchanted Inverse Scale for monsters like that Purple Dragon in Hazy Maze.I must say,it does pretty good damage.

#50 Kandine

Kandine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 11:08 PM

Awww,now I see why people still use HF cards now.I'm sorry to hear that,but if you're short on zeny,I recommend staying with HF for awhile.

Reason why I never liked the HF card is because I'd rather put a card that would give me more damage against monsters in it,something like Hillsrion,so that I can kill them faster,so I wouldn't have to worry about restoring my hp,even though I can care less about using slims in pvm.I prefer WBC for rolling cutter though and my kvm weapons for critting.Oh,also I tried out a +12 enchanted Inverse Scale for monsters like that Purple Dragon in Hazy Maze.I must say,it does pretty good damage.

No need to be sorry, its my fault for being undergeared at 130  :heh:

Although I agree of not using HF card on a WBC since thats only 3% chance, 7% with a RWH. I don't think that is high enough so maybe using Andre Card (poor) or Hillslion Card (rich) on a WBC is definitely better for RC-ing. 4x HF without RWH doesn't proc life leech as much in my experience as compared with an RWH equipped, or maybe I only have bad experience trying without a RWH. 

Edited by Kandine, 16 March 2014 - 03:38 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users