Zin369

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:37 PM

*Do not forget there will be a Honing Q&A Livestream tonight at 5pm pdt (March 11) @ twitch.tv/warpportal

Patch Notes 3/12

*Subject to change anytime. More notes to come.

Bug Fixes

-Quiver cannot be refined now

-The Weekly Ranks will now reset at 5am, instead of twice over the weekend. 

-The Gladiator Rankings will now show correctly in the Ranking window

Honing Update

1. System

A. The Honing system has been re-balanced and will be implemented

B. New Kafra Items related to Honing will be added to the Kafra Shop

C. Holgren's Honing Powder Box will be removed from the Kafra Shop. (If you already have this item, you will not be affected).

2. Balancing

A. To balance the increased power players will get from Honing, monsters will get additional penetration stats

-Penetration means ignoring a percentage of the player's defense stat. For example, if a player can defend 75% from Osiris boss attacks now, he/she will defend 65% after the new update.

1. Normal monsters in the Tomb of Osiris and Dayr Desert will get an additional +150 Penetration

2. Monsters in Dayr Temples will get an additional +200 Penetration

3. Bosses in the Tomb of Osiris will get an additional +500 Penetration

3. Honing Items

A. New Items

1. Honing Polish Robust Cube

Choice of getting:

- HP Honing Polish

- SP Honing Polish

2. Honing Polish Potent Cube

Choice of getting:

- Physical ATT Honing Polish

- Magic ATT Honing Polish

- Hit Honing Polish

3. Honing Polish Guardian Cube

Choice of getting:

- Defense Honing Polish

- Parry Honing Polish

- Dodge Honing Polish

4. Honing Polish Assault Cube

Choice of getting:

- Critical Honing Polish

- Vigor Honing Polish

- Haste Honing Polish

5. Honing Polish PvP Cube

Choice of getting:

- Dmg Increase PvP Honing Polish

- Dmg Reduction PvP Honing Polish

6. Complete Honing Scrub

This is a Honing Reset Item

Kafra Update

1. Phantom Pyramid

- Floor 5's "Skill Reset Scroll" will be removed and "Applied Element- No Element" will take its place

will this patch fix the follow below?

Why change the position of the guitar? the new position is look really retard/stupid compare to the old position, 

1. It's TOO high 

2. Had u guy test equip to all other class or just 1 class b/c as Rogue, when in combat stand, the wing stick thru the head.Gil helm 1 side of the wing stick thru the guitar wing and is look really stupid. (wonder who idea is to change the position, omg, please take a look at it. u ppl are so lazy.

Here are some pic to prove and the new position look really idiot like the person that came up with the idea.

http://i58.tinypic.com/11ilitc.jpg

http://i62.tinypic.com/b7g8sh.jpg

Ty,

Zin

#53 TifaValentine

TifaValentine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • Server:In Another Dimension~

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:43 PM

So quivers cannot be refined... and last time they couldnt be honed. Do they even have a purpose then? Its like other offhands are better than quivers =/

#54 snizkers

snizkers

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:50 PM

hmm.. a refining quiver...

#55 AyaneYuuko

AyaneYuuko

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:59 PM

As a wizard I wish I had an offhand weapon that gave me hit just a little....

#56 Lherana

Lherana

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:04 PM

*Do not forget there will be a Honing Q&A Livestream tonight at 5pm pdt (March 11) @ twitch.tv/warpportal

Patch Notes 3/12

*Subject to change anytime. More notes to come.

2. Balancing

A. To balance the increased power players will get from Honing, monsters will get additional penetration stats

-Penetration means ignoring a percentage of the player's defense stat. For example, if a player can defend 75% from Osiris boss attacks now, he/she will defend 65% after the new update.

1. Normal monsters in the Tomb of Osiris and Dayr Desert will get an additional +150 Penetration

Please look in on the rogue's agi:dodge rate, as you go implement this. Somehow since the last patch 3/9/2012 (and the incident with lost stats thereafter) agi:dodgerate seems off when the stats were given back (to those affected by lost-stats-bug). We're thinking either this part of the patch has been implemented already or the agi:dodge rate bonus for rogue class is just not working. I understand that this has something to do with the damage mobs will deal when they hit, but after the patch, we've felt more damage and at a really really constant rate already, hence our concern with the dodge rate. I am also not saying our experience is a representative of the whole rogue class, but I just would like to put this concern out there.

#57 8048131114033323787

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 07:38 PM

When are you going to fix the bugs which are already piled up ? 

Eg - Assassins Shadow Form (movement speed doesn't rise )

And about honing .. You have taken the one thing from players which used to be on their luck ... Runes in the equipments were farmable and for those who cant +20 their weapon, it was the only way to make their weapon stronger . But now since your honing is replacing the rune system . You have made it p2w by being the good honing only be done by your "special refining powder" . 

I just hope you've tested it and implemented it , and their wont be extra bugs after this patch .

#58 JeroenC

JeroenC

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:15 PM

I STILL BELIEVE THAAAATTTT KNIGHTS ARE THE ONES WHO REALLY NEED HELP RIGHT NOW OTHER THAN ANY CHARACTERS.. BUT WHAT I AM SEEING EVERY PATCH IS OTHER CHARACTER BEING FIXED FIRST INSTEAD OF KNIGHT..IS REALLY GETTING FRUSTRATING WWAITING..

#59 lonelyx20

lonelyx20

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • LocationIn your hearts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:48 PM

I feel bad the cute and deadly cres' skills still neglected. Also, the aov gears still not showing on Auction... :L

#60 Audn

Audn

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 573 posts
  • LocationNew Bark Town

Posted 11 March 2014 - 08:58 PM

Ah, the so coveted bugfixes and balancing we have all been expecting.

Hone your problems, my poor brothers, hone them away...

#61 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts
  • Server:Blade and Soul

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:01 PM

I STILL BELIEVE THAAAATTTT KNIGHTS ARE THE ONES WHO REALLY NEED HELP RIGHT NOW OTHER THAN ANY CHARACTERS.. BUT WHAT I AM SEEING EVERY PATCH IS OTHER CHARACTER BEING FIXED FIRST INSTEAD OF KNIGHT..IS REALLY GETTING FRUSTRATING WWAITING..

Who is being fixed lol?

#62 BaalMardikt

BaalMardikt

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:23 PM

"Brindo por eso, Amigo"... Knight are still the most Bullied class here... Acording with the Story of the Game... Who save us from the Freyanity? Zeras Hyperion, the Best Knight in the entire Story... Nowadays we "try" to follow him and what do we Get?? Being used like Shield, being Murdered by Every other Classes (thanks to their DOT, Critical, Stuns, Dodge... EVEN PARRY FROM Warriors!!!)... We are supposed to deal with 8 mobs and the same time... 3 mobs = Death!!... Wizards, Sorcerers and Rangers are runing annd Killing over 10 mobs and they can survive....

And please, don't play telling me: "Well, bad Luck, try using another class"... Well, I'm not gonna change anything... We deserve Justice here, We deserve our True Honor as Knights back...

I'm not going to leave my Ideals: "Justice with My Sword... Honor with My Shield..."

-Quiver cannot be refined now

3. Honing Items

A. New Items

1. Honing Polish Robust Cube

2. Honing Polish Potent Cube

3. Honing Polish Guardian Cube

4. Honing Polish Assault Cube

5. Honing Polish PvP Cube

6. Complete Honing Scrub

FINALLY!!.... And there is no place to Claims about this...

Rangers are the Nightmare before the Assa's Now that DOT is "normal" again they will keep f**king around and bringing the Mobs to their Extintion...

About the "Balance": "Oh, great... We Finally got some bonus to survive in that Deadly Desert and Tombs BUT!! they give the Mobs more chance to Killing us..."

Players: "Now, Thanks to Honing System we got Hit, no more Miss..."
Mobs: "Oh my god, they got Hit... But it doesn't matter.. We have Defense Penetration, your gears are nothing and you'll die anyway..."

Ok, and... Where to Get those items?? Please... Don't say "Kafra"... For Sake of Player.... DON'T SAY "KAFRA"...

Edited by BaalMardikt, 11 March 2014 - 09:27 PM.

#63 TifaValentine

TifaValentine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • Server:In Another Dimension~

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:48 PM

FINALLY!!.... And there is no place to Claims about this...

Rangers are the Nightmare before the Assa's Now that DOT is "normal" again they will keep f**king around and bringing the Mobs to their Extintion...

And another one............ Dude, ranger's DoT isnt normal at all right now. Its absolutely nerfed, just like most other DoTs around. You should worry about Wizards and Priests DoTs doing 3-6k per tick, which is nothing compared to the 2k DoTs from rangers MANY patches ago (and that was uber nerfed).

Geez.. how many more people are so gonna actively discriminate rangers even now??? The whole "multishot" drama is nothing compared to all the screws up and other abnormally buffed  classes and broken skills we're getting now... Why is people still bashing on rangers after all? Jesus...its starting to piss me off now. Why dont people point out all the classes that right now are oneshotting like crazy and are impossible to hit and are eating rangers like candy, hm? It's not fair. 

I have a knight and I agree on them needing a lot of rework 'cause they're so forgotten still. But in NO way we should discriminate other classes.

This is getting ridiculous already. People, PLEASE do some actual research, PLAY the game more, and give REAL feedback instead of bashing on other classes just 'cause you lost in colo to them or they beat you so often. 

We need a complete class balance, not a freaking single buff or nerf to one or other class. Stop acting so childish and selfish =/

#64 UnknownBeing

UnknownBeing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 09:49 PM

this thread....24brswh.gif

#65 BaalMardikt

BaalMardikt

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:10 PM

This is getting ridiculous already. People, PLEASE do some actual research, PLAY the game more, and give REAL feedback instead of bashing on other classes just 'cause you lost in colo to them or they beat you so often. 

We need a complete class balance, not a freaking single buff or nerf to one or other class. Stop acting so childish and selfish =/

"So often"?? Always! And I didn't want to talk about Colo.. But if you wanna talk about that..

And yes, We need a real Balance... And is not about "childish" or "selfish", is about to be Fair... Look, Sweetie, I'm totally gratefull with Rangers, they helped me a lot in Hard Dungeons and Raids... It's ok about that...

But understand... I'm a Knight... When players ask: "Looking for a Tank..." Do you really think that they are praying for a "Tank"??? No... They want a Kamikaze... They don't ask for BM's to tank because they lack of Defense and Parry. But we, Knight Lack of everything, STR, VIT, Hit, Parry, Defense %... We have WIS.. and we need 1 - 15 MP for Skills. Even our Counterpart, Warriors have More Defense, Parry and STR...

Even if Ranger's DOT is "not normal", you still can keep running and dodging everything while the mobs die 1 by 1. Is not our fault that the Admins can't see that the solutions is not nerf Rangers, the solution is to create equality between classes.

What we write: "If you Rangers can dodge that easy, why we Knights can't Parry in the same way?"...

What Admin read: "Rangers are overpowered and deserve to be Nerfed"...

#66 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:19 PM

But understand... I'm a Knight... When players ask: "Looking for a Tank..." Do you really think that they are praying for a "Tank"??? No... They want a Kamikaze... They don't ask for BM's to tank because they lack of Defense and Parry. But we, Knight Lack of everything, STR, VIT, Hit, Parry, Defense %... We have WIS.. and we need 1 - 15 MP for Skills. Even our Counterpart, Warriors have More Defense, Parry and STR...

Even if Ranger's DOT is "not normal", you still can keep running and dodging everything while the mobs die 1 by 1. Is not our fault that the Admins can't see that the solutions is not nerf Rangers, the solution is to create equality between classes.

I'm not sure what game you are playing but BM's are great tanks, they are huge wells of HP and they've got some pretty good strength and that self heal.  Probably the best tanks in game right now.  Not that any class really needs a tank anymore currently.

Also, I've gone on several Muka and Osi grinds with knights, you guys have an AoE too.  I'm not sure how many targets it handles at the same time, but it seems to get the job done just fine.  Rangers have to keep moving because our defense is like a piece of paper.  You should really get out more and pay attention.  Knights aren't the only ones with problems.

Take your issues to your newly elected VCR's, that is what they are going to be there for.

#67 xShiroyashax

xShiroyashax

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:56 PM

So quivers cannot be refined... and last time they couldnt be honed. Do they even have a purpose then? Its like other offhands are better than quivers =/

its better if it cant be refined, or that would AGAIN make rangers OP, coz they would have smth that gives a lot of stat or whatever the thing gives, while other classes would be left out, and classes with 2nd hand item like Knight or SM would be left in kinda unfair situation.

#68 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:03 PM

I still think class balance discussions is a really bad idea until Hit/Dodge formula and individual class skill bugs get fixed. I'll keep on saying that for as long as it takes. Sadly, a lot of people don't seem to take into the scenarios that can play out when all skills are working properly in their intended form for the current balance discussions. DoTs from any class should not be doing 50's to 300's while certain other classes get to deal 1k to 9k per DoT. Why have those low damage skills at all, let alone level them, if they only do just that amount of damage compared to the absurd amount from other classes?

Also, off-hand weapons don't give the boosts you think they do. They don't offer an increase to your main weapon's Min/Max values. In fact, Knights are currently the only class that benefits from upgrades on their off-hand weapon(Their Shields) due to that, but only in the form of Defense. Upgrades do not increase the existing Attack/Magic Power on said off-hand weapons. Get your facts straight you guys.

#69 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:06 PM

I say stat balancing FIRST, and then class balancing.

But go ahead and make the game more unstable if that's what the developers prefer.

#70 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:08 PM

How about make Agility not the most important Stat for...well...everything?

#71 xShiroyashax

xShiroyashax

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:20 PM

I still think class balance discussions is a really bad idea until Hit/Dodge formula and individual class skill bugs get fixed. I'll keep on saying that for as long as it takes. Sadly, a lot of people don't seem to take into the scenarios that can play out when all skills are working properly in their intended form for the current balance discussions. DoTs from any class should not be doing 50's to 300's while certain other classes get to deal 1k to 9k per DoT. Why have those low damage skills at all, let alone level them, if they only do just that amount of damage compared to the absurd amount from other classes?

Also, off-hand weapons don't give the boosts you think they do. They don't offer an increase to your main weapon's Min/Max values. In fact, Knights are currently the only class that benefits from upgrades on their off-hand weapon(Their Shields) due to that, but only in the form of Defense. Upgrades do not increase the existing Attack/Magic Power on said off-hand weapons. Get your facts straight you guys.

can agree with top part, and probably most of peeps would also.

so whats the point of having off-hand item like quiver or handle then? i dont play archer or Sm so never rly noticed what they give, and if it would be possible to refine, what would it change? I still dont think they should be giving archers any extra boosts, they already can kill nicely in PvE and PvP as they just 'hit and run' all the time.

#72 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:32 PM

Also, I've gone on several Muka and Osi grinds with knights, you guys have an AoE too. I'm not sure how many targets it handles at the same time, but it seems to get the job done just fine. Rangers have to keep moving because our defense is like a piece of paper. You should really get out more and pay attention. Knights aren't the only ones with problems.

Our aoe at max against mukas whir joser gears give a damage of 300 whit element on weapon this means that whit the 300% threat generator we can take the leadership ib the treath meter only if we hit first and if the battle end in 3-4 hits. Works whit mukas but not whit bosses.
Our dodge in unrelevant but we can parry once every 10 times and only half of the damage, plus no self healing so only the defense keep us alive and the fact that soon someone will steal the leadership of the treat meter. Now tanks to penetration our high (but not highest) defence will be less usefull so what will remain to us?

#73 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:32 PM

Also, I've gone on several Muka and Osi grinds with knights, you guys have an AoE too. I'm not sure how many targets it handles at the same time, but it seems to get the job done just fine. Rangers have to keep moving because our defense is like a piece of paper. You should really get out more and pay attention. Knights aren't the only ones with problems.

Our aoe at max against mukas whir joser gears give a damage of 300 whit element on weapon this means that whit the 300% threat generator we can take the leadership ib the treath meter only if we hit first and if the battle end in 3-4 hits. Works whit mukas but not whit bosses.
Our dodge in unrelevant but we can parry once every 10 times and only half of the damage, plus no self healing so only the defense keep us alive and the fact that soon someone will steal the leadership of the treat meter. Now tanks to penetration our high (but not highest) defence will be less usefull so what will remain to us?

#74 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:37 PM

How about make Agility not the most important Stat for...well...everything?

RO2 Community: "Do something useful with WIS, it's worthless to spend points in."

RO2 Developers: "Okay, we changed EVERYTHING and made AGI the best stat ever."

RO2 Community: Grumpy-Cat.jpg

#75 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 11:49 PM

can agree with top part, and probably most of peeps would also.

so whats the point of having off-hand item like quiver or handle then? i dont play archer or Sm so never rly noticed what they give, and if it would be possible to refine, what would it change? I still dont think they should be giving archers any extra boosts, they already can kill nicely in PvE and PvP as they just 'hit and run' all the time.

To understand a class you must play them. Play the classes you're calling OP first before you call them OP. It's a good learning experience and helps you counter their class with your own when you learn their weaknesses. Then again, it'll also help you understand that Rangers, although still very strong(In damage generated over time.), cannot compare to other classes that have been extremely boosted ever since the introduction of the AoV update. Take for example, Wizard's Fireball DoT dealing 3k to 5k per tick on a person and 9k+ on monsters/bosses. Then there's also Warriors like mine doing 143k Crits with Rage Strike on bosses in Osiris. Sounds totally fine compared to Rangers who don't posses any kind of high modifier burst skill in comparison to these other classes. Knights have a similar problem to this by the way. All they really have is Shield Cannon and Aura Strike.

I agree Rangers can kite, but that's not always a possible scenario when Ankle Snare has a side effect similar to Frozen's Iron Will debuff where they can't be affected by said status effect as easily for 30 seconds.

Here's another fun fact for the moment that supports my arguments from earlier for skill and Hit/Dodge formula fixes before discussing class balancing, Rangers shouldn't be complaining as much if their Impact Arrow truly decreased their target's movement speed by 70%. At least from tests it doesn't seem to decrease their target's movement speed by 70% when the skill is maxed. That and they wouldn't complain as much if they could simply hit more often than they currently do in PVP with the currently skewed Hit/Dodge formula. Kiting simply isn't as easy as it used to be for a Raner due to several reasons: First off, Impact Arrow at max skill isn't really doing exactly what it's supposed to be doing. Second, that's a pretty pointless skill to use if their target can Dodge the skill roughly 50% of the time. Third, Snare requires the Ranger to stand still on top of the trap and lure the player into triggering the trap before stepping away. This is pretty damn risky and in a lot of cases ends up being bad for said Ranger if the opponent is already charged up for their burst skill.

As a Knight you would not complain as much if your gap closer, Shield Charge, doesn't miss as often as it does due to the current Hit/Dodge formulas. That and Shield Charge, from my understanding after reading many topics, can bug out the Knight like any other "Move to X hostile target." This isn't necessarily a problem for Battle Leap from Warriors though, because they need to ground target to move to where they want to go to, but it is a problem for Monks, Assassins, Rogues, and Knights.

Fix the bugs associated with each class' skills first. Then balance out Stats. Ideally they should make Agility not the most important Stat for...well...everything. Fix the "Out of Range" bug. Just as important, fix the Hit/Dodge formula to be more balanced than it currently is. We cannot have a proper class balance discussion of any sort until any of these issues are addressed.

Edited by GuardianTK, 11 March 2014 - 11:59 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users