VuoriDevine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1092 posts
  • LocationHelsinki, Finland.
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:52 AM

Remember that all of this are suggestions we are asking the community for their opinion we are not going to ask for things that the community doesnt want.
I get the point of melee and stuff, but if you get kited around 98% of the time u cant even call that a fight, and battle leap doesnt work as it should since you have to stand to use it causing the target to go out of your range, and if you get a slow debuff like Fracture fron rogues you end up jumping in slowmotion  how is that even possible, i cant do that in real life!!
i think thats a bug D: Haha

#52 Chocs

Chocs

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 566 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:25 PM

I've done grinding colo gear on Warrior and Rogue so I know full well about how it feels being kited, but for Warriors I'd rather trade ranged abilities for stronger melee. We're already the melee class with the best AoE and Rage Strike is the only AoE finisher in the game. We have a self heal Knights and Monks are jealous for. Our Weapon attack is bordering on OP. Being kited? Suck it up.

Now when it comes to fighting ranged targets, how about an immunity to movement debuffs during Berserk and a slight movement speed increase... Chasing will be fun and require more skill.

#53 jhay1825

jhay1825

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1077 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 March 2014 - 06:48 AM

So im guessin most of us agrees with the speed buff added to berserk then.
I personally liked this suggestion, coz it can be a lot of use not just for PvP.
Tbh if we didnt have the green wind seed runes were probably the slowest class, without a decent gap closer. This will help us get a bit more balanced with the other classes.
And about our damage i do really it needs to be toned down a bit BUT there might an all class damage balancing for the hit/dodge so lets wait before we actually discuss about it. Coz of hit/dodge gets fixed the class who hits faster will be the obvious winner.

#54 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 824 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:01 AM

Overall I'm satisfied with our class except for the points mentioned in the report (BL reset/slide, HC dot, Hit/dodge). I think it's important to say this. I don't foresee any major improvement that could be done with our class that hasn't been said already in the report which is a good thing I guess. If they fix those issues and implement the mov speed buff it would be pure bliss.

#55 jhay1825

jhay1825

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1077 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:22 AM

Yep theres nothing really wrong in our class skills, it just needs a little improvement together with the balancing and some fixing.

#56 xLuc

xLuc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:55 AM

Yep theres nothing really wrong in our class skills, it just needs a little improvement together with the balancing and some fixing.

Your sentence is so contradicting >_<. Sorry JoonHo, but I still don't think your class needs this improvement you guys are coming to an agreement. Guess this will be out of my power already, so good luck and I hope you don't get to overbuff your class again if ever your voice is heard about this matter.

#57 jhay1825

jhay1825

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1077 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:19 AM

Your sentence is so contradicting >_<. Sorry JoonHo, but I still don't think your class needs this improvement you guys are coming to an agreement. Guess this will be out of my power already, so good luck and I hope you don't get to overbuff your class again if ever your voice is heard about this matter.

O.o

Which buff are you talking about? Theres nothing in our suggestion that is too overbuffed.
In balancing i meant damage and i wont deny that, by fixing i meant our battle leap skill which resets mobs and right now i heard it causes skill locks. And also by little improvement thats our usable battle leap while moving and a slight movement buff. The taunt and headcrush improvement isnt just for us but for classes who has the skill. Theres not much complaint about our skills except for the battle leap.
Im sorry if i dont understand what you mean but which one there is overbuffing our class? 0.O

Edited by jhay1825, 27 March 2014 - 09:20 AM.

#58 xLuc

xLuc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:39 AM

Oh sorry, I meant buffing Berserker. Because, basically, you are taking into consideration only one scenario: PVP. Also, you're coming up with this idea while knowing that your gap closing skill is bugged. So the most logical thinking would be to ask for those bugs to be fixed in order for it to work properly.

I wonder how it will be when they fix it + possibly giving warriors the movement speed buff. It just doesn't fit right, at least theoretically speaking.

It's only natural ranged classes may have the upper hand on PVP against melees. That's why we are provided with something to get near them, and every melee class got it (I assume, dunno about rogues). Now, if you completely erase the pros of being a ranged class by adding something that will keep a melee always close to a ranged class than what's the benefit of being ranged? I mean, forget all about the skill tables and just think about the ranged/melee concept.

Ranged dudes are (supposedly, as was before AoV) squishy. They depend mainly on the range advantage they got and dodge or healing depending on the class.

#59 VuoriDevine

VuoriDevine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1092 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:46 AM

Stop the hate train there!
Hahaha battle leap is a bug fest right now, skill/movement lock, mobs reseting, out of range bug.
we need some improvements but not retarded ones, and I don't see any game breaking buff or overbuffing at all.
We are not going ask for all the things suggested here.
But there are a lot of things that need a bandaid.

And if you are talking about battle leap being a close gap skill is not at all.
Since ia a stand to use and you need to click where you want to land, the target goes out of range easily.

If you want us to over buff,
Here it comes wwarriors!!
Ranged rage strike, status bash, and... 70%speed increase with berserker and 20% more of defender is active :P

Edited by VuoriDevine, 27 March 2014 - 09:54 AM.

#60 jhay1825

jhay1825

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1077 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 March 2014 - 09:54 AM

Oh sorry, I meant buffing Berserker. Because, basically, you are taking into consideration only one scenario: PVP. Also, you're coming up with this idea while knowing that your gap closing skill is bugged. So the most logical thinking would be to ask for those bugs to be fixed in order for it to work properly.
I wonder how it will be when they fix it + possibly giving warriors the movement speed buff. It just doesn't fit right, at least theoretically speaking.

It's only natural ranged classes may have the upper hand on PVP against melees. That's why we are provided with something to get near them, and every melee class got it (I assume, dunno about rogues). Now, if you completely erase the pros of being a ranged class by adding something that will keep a melee always close to a ranged class than what's the benefit of being ranged? I mean, forget all about the skill tables and just think about the ranged/melee concept.
Ranged dudes are (supposedly, as was before AoV) squishy. They depend mainly on the range advantage they got and dodge or healing depending on the class.

First of all thanks for giving your comments we do appreciate every feedback given.
About Berserk, the buff gives 30% AP, -10% dodge right? Even if we have the speed buff we can still be kited, sorcs can slow us down, wizards can teleport away and making us chase them again and rangers can just trap and windwalk. I do get the idea of being melee, its not that the temp speed buff we are saying is that fast. We are still going to be kited, we are just giving ourselves a lil chance of chasing them.
About battle leap its really basically a skill that requires luck, you have to be lucky to aim fast enough while standing and pray your enemy doesnt dodge it or miss.
We do not have the utility to be able to close the gap automatically. Im not taking out the range-melee pros and cons but basically giving ourselves a chance to counter them.

Edited by jhay1825, 27 March 2014 - 09:57 AM.

#61 jdmtouch

jdmtouch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1535 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Aranzeb

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:02 AM

Our class is very close to perfect but needs a few fixes. if I'm pvping and my target's max hp is 30k (usually is around there )and I can rage strike them for 40-60k seems balanaced to you right? The only improvement we need is something to combat range classes and we will be set either the ranged attack that will slow or berserk giving us MS, Along with the usual hit/dodge adjustments. PVE we are already set with the exception of head crush/Battle leap being bugged. I believe all range classes have some sort of snare/slow/stun which helps them kite and will always create trouble for us warriors. And if they are not using that skill then they obviously don't know how to play their class properly.

Edited by jdmtouch, 27 March 2014 - 10:06 AM.

#62 xLuc

xLuc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:35 AM

Stop the hate train there!
Hahaha battle leap is a bug fest right now, skill/movement lock, mobs reseting, out of range bug.

No hate intended, bro XD, sorry if I missled you.

That's pretty much why I said it should be fixed/tweaked on my previous posts, leading to my conclusion that you'd might not need another supporting skill if it worked as intended/without bugs.

First of all thanks for giving your comments we do appreciate every feedback given.
About Berserk, the buff gives 30% AP, -10% dodge right? Even if we have the speed buff we can still be kited, sorcs can slow us down, wizards can teleport away and making us chase them again and rangers can just trap and windwalk. I do get the idea of being melee, its not that the temp speed buff we are saying is that fast. We are still going to be kited, we are just giving ourselves a lil chance of chasing them.
About battle leap its really basically a skill that requires luck, you have to be lucky to aim fast enough while standing and pray your enemy doesnt dodge it or miss.
We do not have the utility to be able to close the gap automatically. Im not taking out the range-melee pros and cons but basically giving ourselves a chance to counter them.

Anyway, I'll believe you guys are being reasonable (which seems you really are) when saying you REALLY need this extra effect on Berserk.

Our class is very close to perfect but needs a few fixes. if I'm pvping and my target's max hp is 30k (usually is around there )and I can rage strike them for 40-60k seems balanaced to you right? The only improvement we need is something to combat range classes and we will be set either the ranged attack that will slow or berserk giving us MS, Along with the usual hit/dodge adjustments. PVE we are already set with the exception of head crush/Battle leap being bugged. I believe all range classes have some sort of snare/slow/stun which helps them kite and will always create trouble for us warriors. And if they are not using that skill then they obviously don't know how to play their class properly.

And no, 40k~60k for tank classes isn't balanced as I recall XD

#63 jhay1825

jhay1825

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1077 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 March 2014 - 10:59 AM

Again thanks for your feedback, every comments on our skills is being discussed so we are sure that we are not stepping the line to be more OP as we are now.
Its not that we REALLY need the extra effect but its an improvement suggestion. It is also why 20 % is the suggested number, by making it 50% then its gonna be a par ranger skill which im sure as hell is not balanced, if we go with 30% then are we the new sins? 20% is a good number as it is not that intimidating of a speed buff, we can still be kited but we can glose the gap more evenly instead of us not even touching or damaging a range class with a single hit. Its basically just giving someone a VIP speed buff for 30 sec, now tell me was it that fast?
We welcome any comment and suggestions about our class, even those who arent a warrior class is most welcome.

Peace out.

Edited by jhay1825, 27 March 2014 - 11:00 AM.

#64 Meconopsis

Meconopsis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 918 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 11:50 AM

I think before working on anything movement speed VIP needs to be rebalanced or the movement speed bonus removed, then distance problem bugs also. As good as a movement speed buff would help warrior catch up to their ranged target, fixing Battle Leap to be more reliable would be better than just coming up with more movement options, as it would make them superior to other melee classes unless the other classes have even better movement speed options.

#65 jhay1825

jhay1825

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1077 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:23 PM

I think before working on anything movement speed VIP needs to be rebalanced or the movement speed bonus removed, then distance problem bugs also. As good as a movement speed buff would help warrior catch up to their ranged target, fixing Battle Leap to be more reliable would be better than just coming up with more movement options, as it would make them superior to other melee classes unless the other classes have even better movement speed options.

I cannot ignore that fact but also 1 factor is how the Devs will take our reports seriously.
Like what you say is true that Battle Leap is probably a priority fix for our class to make it more useful, but then again we are only just hoping that Devs wont take our words for granted about our reports. Movement speed in Berserk is an idea most of us did liked thats why we are supporting it, but then again theres no assurance of this coming to life in the game.
While other classes has their own ideas we also have ours, the only thing about Warriors is our skills doesnt need much improvements except for some little tweaks here and there.
Anyway thanks for the feedback Vestria, im also hoping that Monks be fixed and be a class that really does well as their reputation. Bring HORNYDAD back to action.

#66 Meconopsis

Meconopsis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 918 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:50 PM

Same to you guys, hopefully there will be more class diversity so we don't see nothing but warriors flooding the game and that they do make the warrior feel impressive and play well.

As for getting dad back though... Wish for a miracle haha.

#67 VuoriDevine

VuoriDevine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1092 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:06 PM

Hello my Rage strike lovers, just to inform you guys.
We got a ninja fix with this patch, Battle leap is not resseting mobs anymore! YAY!
Lets wait for more fixes in the patch to come.

#68 LeviRD

LeviRD

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members - No Sig
  • 504 posts
  • LocationGreat Britain
  • Server:Odin. IGN: DeadOnArrival

Posted 04 April 2014 - 08:17 AM

Remove the timer on rage! (Or any other point building buff) why? Because sometimes when im kited, 99.9% of the time I lose all of my stacks T-T

#69 xShiroyashax

xShiroyashax

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 06 April 2014 - 01:30 AM

What about auras? i noticed that when i use aura blade my dmg is more or less the same as when i use aura armor, cant see difference more or less, normal hits are the same on both auras, crits just tiny bit higher, thats why most of warrs just stay in aura armor, they should make both different so if u want, maybe increase blade to 15% and reduce armor to 15% hp

at least atm i dont see a point in using aura blade when it gives me the same dmg as aura armor

Battle leap needs to be changed, as the only way to use it atm is mostly in duel with another warr or close combat chars, my idea would be like this: what if they change battle leap from jumping to rushing, so u rush and bash the enemy down, then it would actually be useful in PvP and PvE

Besrserk would be nice if it would give a bit speed, to catch up to all runners

Rage strike sadly is a bit too OP, makes ppl QQ too much, then again to make that mad dmg u have to go for int/agi build, seen lot of warriors who cant hit high dmg, in pvP all i see is miss miss miss, maybe 1 RS out of 5 hits, not rly sure what would be best for RS tho

#70 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 06 April 2014 - 04:26 AM

Why not just increase the AoE of battle leap? Or make it so enemies within X range of where you land are slowed and enemies you land on are KDed.

#71 PandeeChio

PandeeChio

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 05:39 AM

1) What about auras? i noticed that when i use aura blade my dmg is more or less the same as when i use aura armor, cant see difference more or less, normal hits are the same on both auras, crits just tiny bit higher, thats why most of warrs just stay in aura armor, they should make both different so if u want, maybe increase blade to 15% and reduce armor to 15% hp

at least atm i dont see a point in using aura blade when it gives me the same dmg as aura armor

2) Battle leap needs to be changed, as the only way to use it atm is mostly in duel with another warr or close combat chars, my idea would be like this: what if they change battle leap from jumping to rushing, so u rush and bash the enemy down, then it would actually be useful in PvP and PvE

3)Besrserk would be nice if it would give a bit speed, to catch up to all runners

4)Rage strike sadly is a bit too OP, makes ppl QQ too much, then again to make that mad dmg u have to go for int/agi build, seen lot of warriors who cant hit high dmg, in pvP all i see is miss miss miss, maybe 1 RS out of 5 hits, not rly sure what would be best for RS tho

1)  With the current damage calculation attack powers part with your whole dmg = around 10% so that 10% dmg increase isnt as much than 1% dmg increase. Old dmg calculation didnt have any Skill damage (Min-Max etc) but was with straight Attack power * skill dmg % (which btw highest dmg % was 110% with rogue if i recall and your bash was when maxed 25%).

As for %increase to Aura blade while making Aura armor 15% = NO THANKS!!! :(

But what if they would change that 10% Att power increase to 10% Skill damage increase. 

You see the Skill damage is whole damage coming from that weps Min max (with funny dmg claculation formula) + att power (with the same fnny dmg calculation) converted to as they say Skill damage

so that 10% would actually mean 10% damage increase 

BUT!! would you want 10% dmg increase + 20% dmg increase (with berserk) to the current what ppl say "OP DMG" to make that dmg even more "OP"

Welp the old dmg calculation worked which just makes me wonder why they gave up on that :/

2) As fun as it would sound > Make it when you rush you stun the one whos targeted and Stun also the ones near that player altho im sure peopple will be like "How is that even possible D:?"

but at the same time if it would be a rushing stun it's just too similar to other stuns in the game > Knights Shield Charge or Beast masters "What ever ROLLING VOLLEY SUPER STUN that never hits" stun, better have classes with not similar skills on my oppinion.

3) No comment. I'll just watch back what the VCR wanna do with it or make Berserk make yourself IMMUNE to slows,freezes etc. while if you had any debuff (slow or freeze) it would remove them as well. (Heh i did comment D:)

4) Well it is obvious we have high damage and when we can hit that very first rage strike and it crits you could say that the enemy is dead. IF you went with battle tactics build.

And as a reminder Knights can use battle tactics too and i can say as a warrior with 75% defense rate i got almost one shotted with only 2 Critical hits from Shield cannon D:.

tl;dr = Damage too high on every char on my oppinion when it comes to PvP (If you can hit that is ;P)

#72 jdmtouch

jdmtouch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1535 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Aranzeb

Posted 06 April 2014 - 06:12 AM

I am hoping that they make it not base on hit/miss rate since we have to aim it to begin with.

#73 xLuc

xLuc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 06:13 AM

And as a reminder Knights can use battle tactics too and i can say as a warrior with 75% defense rate i got almost one shotted with only 2 Critical hits from Shield cannon D:.

Yea, knights hit quite hard too with dedicated Battle Tactics builds (not even close to warriors tho). 

The problem is Shield Cannon is divided into 3 hits. You can say that it's better if you see from the point where if a hit didn't land, it still has a chance to land other 2 (or even crit). But I don't know eh, it's 3 times the same RNG for it to hit and to crit, while in skills like Aura Strike (or Rage Strike, for that matter) go through only one RNG process and I deem it much more effective.

I mean, how many times you seen Aura Strike/Rage Strike (making the assumption cause both are only 1 hit skills) land and crit? Meaning the highest damage possible you could get from it.

Now RARE are the times I seen a Shield Cannon crit all of its 3 hits.

#74 PandeeChio

PandeeChio

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:48 AM

Buuuuuuuut. Shield cannon has 3 hit which goes tru couple RNG progress > hit or miss > crit or not > parry or not > dodge or not > the dmg it will eventually do.

Point is tho in current pvp believe it or not its about who hits most and then comes who crits or not ._. And knights finisher is a monster in that area.

Edited by PandeeChio, 06 April 2014 - 10:04 AM.

#75 PandeeChio

PandeeChio

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 10:47 AM

All right! Now that i've made you think that i'm a noob who likes to double post i shall make the point of the double post on this post.

DISCUSSION OF A NEW REBALANCED WIERD SKILL WHICH MAKES ANYTHING POINTED TO "DPS Warrior" DISAPPEAR

and yes...i'm talking of Berserker.

______________________________ <--- A Wierd line to point im gonna talk of the skill

Since you guys are wanting to have some kind of mobility on warrior what if we make alternate version of Berserk.

So let's talk of: What does a word BERSERK mean to you...Conclusion = Lunatic with a BIG sword running around like a lunatic. Or Unstopable lunatic running with a BIG sword and saying his mad "WRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!"

So let's look at the skill itself.

Berserk = LvL 1/2/3/4/5

"You become enraged, increasing your Attack power by 4%/8%/12%/16%/20% for 30 sec.

Dodge rate is decreased by 10% for the duration."

So you gain 4-20% Attack power buff which "Should, ive been told they doesnt give you dmg buff at all since of bug or" gives you a 0,5%-2% Dmg increase because of our lovely wierded out damage calculation system thingy.

If they decide to make Dmg booster skills actually work by making them affect on Skill dmg which would mean actually a Dmg buff by 4%-20% then ignore this useless piece of skill and be glad you can be actually a proud DPS warrior.

So what if we remove the Attack power buff..."WE ARENT MAD WARRIORS THEN D:!!!"

But what if we become  a Unstopable force of nature which destroys anything on our way :D?

so Here's my suggestion after a big wall of text.

Berserk = LvL 1/2/3/4/5

"You become enraged, increasing your movement speed by 4%/8%/12%/16%/20%. While berserk is activated it removes every slow debuff (Including Freezes cause we just are raging warriors in berserk so we can't be stopped at all) and you are IMMUNE to any slow debuff for 30 second.

So now we would be "Running unstopable running lunatics, shouting in a city "GIVE ME STRENGHT!!"

And no i'm not drunk or high or have smoked anything.

Im just not using berserk at all cause i dont berserk so im intelligent(I wish) Warrior :3 

Edited by PandeeChio, 06 April 2014 - 10:52 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users