Morroc of Satan or something like that. - Page 2 - Foundry Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Morroc of Satan or something like that.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
270 replies to this topic

#26 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:40 PM

Certain tactics were developed to allow smaller groups of players to successfully kill him, but at no point was it "easy" to do, and as you reduce the number of available players, you increase the difficulty involved.

It was definitely easy to do with ice wall lol, I did it with 2 people all the time on valk server, you could probably do it solo if you were good enough / wanted to put the effort in.

-

1. Disable ice wall

2. Disable eske

3. Disable shield reflect

no brainer fixes

Edited by iamvrypwrful, 10 April 2014 - 05:40 PM.

#27 TsubasaWingz

TsubasaWingz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:49 PM

I sure hope Morroc and its surrounding maps don't get destroyed by Satan Morroc and the implementation of the Dimensional Gorge.

Heim promised that Morroc and the desert maps will be spared in Classic when he announced the launching of Classic close to two years ago.

Please keep Morroc safe.

Edited by TsubasaWingz, 10 April 2014 - 05:50 PM.

#28 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:56 PM

Hmm I agree with all this, especially disabling Ice Wall and the reflect killing methods, except the TKM thing, if only because I don't understand it.

Why do Taekwons get shafted by portal removal?

#29 MattyL904

MattyL904

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:09 PM

Keep everything in SM the same EXCEPT

Disable, IW / Eske.

NOT hard.

lrn2gm

#30 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:57 PM

Ugh why won't you learn there's only 3 real things that need to be done to airship ro disable the following skills on the map reflect shield, counter instinct ,and eske . Everything else on the satan morroc map can stay the same it is a very great hunting and levelig spot for Tkm and removig the portal will just sour what lil guilds and players your server has left especially that summer is here your administration forgets that there our other places we can go play the wasteland as you call it may not be long term but we don't need to jump though hoops and be lab rats we can have a full 13.2 experience with the Same amount of guilds in woe . Quit trying to limit this servers progression unless y'all are trying your hardest to just work on renewal. And fix your god lame quest you did nothing to help small guilds

#31 HikariYari

HikariYari

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 789 posts
  • Server:Roundbeck

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:05 AM

I sure hope Morroc and its surrounding maps don't get destroyed by Satan Morroc and the implementation of the Dimensional Gorge.

Heim promised that Morroc and the desert maps will be spared in Classic when he announced the launching of Classic close to two years ago.

Please keep Morroc safe.

They couldn't keep Morroc safe for everyone. Mine has been destroyed for months and all the times I would re-install it would stay that way.

#32 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:30 AM

Hmm I agree with all this, especially disabling Ice Wall and the reflect killing methods, except the TKM thing, if only because I don't understand it.

Why do Taekwons get shafted by portal removal?

TKMs will regularly need to leave the map for buffs/pots. What people used to do is put the chars (linker/hp/smith) outside the portal so the TKM could pick them up. Now, if they remove the portal the TKM will need to potentially leave the zone server stripping it of miracle, courier and ka buffs etc. Plus if they're kicked to a town it will take them time to come back ticking their buffs down.

Now if the removal of the portal is a combat of portal fisting. Entry is the problem, not exiting. Randomizing spawn in should be more than enough to put an end to portal fisting.Making it so that the champ bwings/uses a pass every fist does nothing.

Edited by Xellie, 11 April 2014 - 03:33 AM.

#33 TheSputnik

TheSputnik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:07 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surtr

We are looking at adding the content that will bring the Satan Morroc encounter. However as with previous updates we want to learn from issues that happened in the past. We are proposing the following changes to the Satan Morroc encounter.

1. Increase his HP 20%

2. Limit deaths on the map to 10 before forced respawn - for this we are trying to discourage suicide reflect killing. We don't want to prevent all reflect based kill methods but it our desire that the person being hit stay alive. Were setting the deaths pretty high because we do know that Satan Morroc will kill you.

3. 8 Random teleport in locations. Players upon entering the map will teleport to a random location. Parties who enter together will end up at the same location.

*First party member who enters will determine the location by where he enters on the map

*Every other person in the party on the map that first party member enters from will be able to goto that one location once.

*If a party member enters from that entrance map that was not on the map when the first party member went in he will rerandomize the location for the entire party that has yet to enter

5. Number 4 is out of order.

4. No return portal to leave the Satan Morroc Map. Players will instead receive an item similar to the Prontera Pass that returns them to Morroc City so that they can leave at will.

6. Ice Wall will be disabled due to the way it interacts with monster's AI

7. Requirement of completing Dandelion's Request in order to enter the encounter (storyline thing we are also planning stories for after this implementation.)

I like these changes. Pvming on classic is way too easy and boring and should be made harder.

I also think the spawn time should be increased to 24 hours and announced on the server when he's about to spawn.  The increase spawn time will prevent the server becoming flooded with Satan Morroc gear and the spawn announcement will increase competition on the server.

You could also make it really interesting by disabling god items on the map, since one side has 6 megs and will most likely win every time because of this. Whoever has the most and best items shouldn't determine the winner, it should be based on skill and teamwork.

Edited by TheSputnik, 11 April 2014 - 06:09 AM.

#34 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:19 AM

what is with you people and enjoying 10381209389012 things announced across the server.

;_; stooop

Because using a stopwatch to time the spawn is just excessively difficult. It requires pressing a button  :exlamation:

Then after that, another button  :omg: 

#35 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:21 AM

You could also make it really interesting by disabling god items on the map, since one side has 6 megs and will most likely win every time because of this. Whoever has the most and best items shouldn't determine the winner, it should be based on skill and teamwork.

5032241+_97d2369610a12134acdba86fb99dfd4

I urge the staff not to listen to people who don't actually play. It's nobody's fault but his own. 6 megs on "one side"? As if VH and wC don't fight eachother!

We created those items through skill and teamwork, now it is time to reap the reward. If you think having megs alone determine the ability to kill and mvp like satan morroc you really lack understanding of the game.

Quite frankly I'm sick of the underhanded attempts to engineer the game against my group. People like this sat around praising the god quests only to never take part and are going to do the same here? Maybe you should keep these posts off the forums and just send your  thoughts directly to your "friend" on MSN who nearly got fired or w/e the hell instead of attempting to provoke me.

THAT is why people leave the game.

#36 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:25 AM

Disabling Reflect isn't necessary, just Eske. Reflect can still be used legitimately as a means of keeping monsters on you if you're tanking... It's Eske that has no legitimate use outside of WoE.

#37 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:32 AM

Disabling Reflect isn't necessary, just Eske. Reflect can still be used legitimately as a means of keeping monsters on you if you're tanking... It's Eske that has no legitimate use outside of WoE.

Ooh one more thing I have no idea about.

Can you Kaite, Eske > Reflect more than your Max HP in Classic?

#38 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:33 AM

Ooh one more thing I have no idea about.

Can you Kaite, Eske > Reflect more than your Max HP in Classic?

yes

#39 TheSputnik

TheSputnik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:35 AM

5032241+_97d2369610a12134acdba86fb99dfd4

I urge the staff not to listen to people who don't actually play. It's nobody's fault but his own. 6 megs on "one side"? As if VH and wC don't fight eachother!

We created those items through skill and teamwork, now it is time to reap the reward. If you think having megs alone determine the ability to kill and mvp like satan morroc you really lack understanding of the game.

Quite frankly I'm sick of the underhanded attempts to engineer the game against my group. People like this sat around praising the god quests only to never take part and are going to do the same here? Maybe you should keep these posts off the forums and just send your  thoughts directly to your "friend" on MSN who nearly got fired or w/e the hell instead of attempting to provoke me.

THAT is why people leave the game.

Nobody is trying to “underhanded attempts to engineer the game against my group”.  If god items were disabled no group would benefit over another.

#40 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:36 AM

Looking at these changes...

I don't know if 2 is necessary - I think the full-screen hell power makes that redundant. 

Skip 4, as Xellie said - it really screws over people using the map for non-satan-smacking purposes, and randomized spawn-in should fix the portal gfist. 

Make sure that BG set (the one that makes you take more damage from non-demihuman) and Eske are disabled on that map, not just icewall. Those two things are the backbone of degenerate reflect killing. 

Regarding 7 - so how will there be Dandilion's Request if morroc has leveled the buildings with the npcs in it? Is the map with Santa Morroc on it going to be like.... a nightmare sequence or something?

#41 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:37 AM

Nobody is trying to “underhanded attempts to engineer the game against my group”.  If god items were disabled no group would benefit over another.

That would defeat the point of endeavoring towards god items.

Which is the whole point of WoE.

Which is the lifeblood of the server '-'

And disabling them would cause every god owner to ragequit on account of lost time and effort.

#42 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:40 AM

Call it motivation for other people to actually play the game and compete in WoE.

#43 TheSputnik

TheSputnik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:58 AM

Call it motivation for other people to actually play the game and compete in WoE.

Sure, some people may be discouraged if god items were disabled for Satan Morroc, but it shouldn't affect woe competition.

With the changes  I suggested.

1. Increased spawn time

2. Server announcement of the spawn.

3. Disabled god items.

Would just make Satan Morroc more competitive and ultimately make the server more active.

Edited by TheSputnik, 11 April 2014 - 07:01 AM.

#44 HikariYari

HikariYari

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 789 posts
  • Server:Roundbeck

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:01 AM

I guess they could randomize the bosses spawn timer.

They also need to disable the BG set effect and eske on the map.

The other ideas being introduced or talked about aren't helping anything but hindering gameplay. 

Sputnik

1.I say randomize the spawn timer.

2. server announcement isn't really needed as people will be down there pretty often with tkms.

3. Disabling god items I don't agree with. That's taking away the use of something that people worked hard for isn't exactly going to help things.

A couple of those Ideas will hurt the server by resulting in more people quitting over unnecessary changes you brought up. 

Edited by HikariYari, 11 April 2014 - 07:13 AM.

#45 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:02 AM

Sure, some people may be discouraged if god items were disabled for Satan Morroc, but it shouldn't affect woe competition.

1. Increased spawn time

3. Disabled god items.

Would just make Satan Morroc more competition and ultimately make the server more active.

Y'know, I could be wrong, but I could have SWORN the ENTIRE PURPOSE OF WOE IS TO MAKE GOD ITEMS TO HAVE A LEG UP ON OTHER PEOPLE.

#46 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:02 AM

1. Increased spawn time

3. Disabled god items.

Would just make Satan Morroc more competition and ultimately make the server more active.

Keep them enabled and people should increase comp in WoE to make their items to be able to compete at SM.

Sounds positive to me.

Disable them and people have less reason to compete in WoE.

sounds negative to me.

#47 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:06 AM

Y'know, I could be wrong, but I could have SWORN the ENTIRE PURPOSE OF WOE IS TO MAKE GOD ITEMS TO HAVE A LEG UP ON OTHER PEOPLE.

ffteL5B.jpg

#48 TheSputnik

TheSputnik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:12 AM

I would rather it be about teamwork and skill and not about having a "LEG UP" on people. There's a lot of people who want to mvp, but don't have the time to invest in this game to get 10+ god items to have that advantage.

#49 heyxsean

heyxsean

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:12 AM

i don't understand how i can deter a thread and get banned .. yet xellie is stroking her d*ck in this thread and just starting drama and gm no ban lol

the double standard ...

give me diabolus rings please ... that is incentive for people to play ... the mvp sucks jesus if you make it hard noone will do it and a monopoly on that mvp is still -_-ty and not worth the effort. 

Edited by heyxsean, 11 April 2014 - 07:14 AM.

#50 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:15 AM

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I'll just let Valhalla and wC say what they feel about it then, I don't get to make it to the spawns of MVPs very often anyway. It affects my guildies and their hard work more than myself personally.

Pretty sure you're trolling tho Jason.

Edited by Xellie, 11 April 2014 - 07:16 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users