Morroc of Satan or something like that. - Page 3 - Foundry Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Morroc of Satan or something like that.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
270 replies to this topic

#51 heyxsean

heyxsean

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:26 AM

I play by myself ... can we just have the stupid DG implemented already so i can do something besides hunting boxes.

you guys are trying to change DG based on the past when servers actually had people actively playing ... once DG is put in, all these dumb QQers won't even be doing the mvp after the first 10 drops. So yeah lol 

Edited by heyxsean, 11 April 2014 - 07:27 AM.

#52 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:36 AM

I would rather it be about teamwork and skill and not about having a "LEG UP" on people. There's a lot of people who want to mvp, but don't have the time to invest in this game to get 10+ god items to have that advantage.

Because the making of that item doesn't require teamwork and skill?

For not having the time to invest in the game, you sure seemed to have a lot to say about this new God Item system, when we were saying how difficult it would make it for people like you to make your items.

You reap the beans you sew.

Edited by Ralis, 11 April 2014 - 07:38 AM.

#53 WickedElbow

WickedElbow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 07:48 AM

Disable god items? I cannot think of something more unfair than this.

God Items shouldn't be disabled at all. It should work on every single map.

Let's think together on the reason?

Guild 1 works hard, spend boring woes pre casting and spend a lot of money on pieces just to get some good gears for their members.

Guild 2, in the other hand, doesn't do anything like that.

So, why should guild 2 be at the same baseline than guild 1?

Why should all the effort from guild 1 be thrown away?

Morroc is one of the bests MVP's on the game. Disable all the effort from guild 1 will be the wrongest think ever done in classic.

Besides that, t's not disadvantage if the items were legitimately obtained.

Edited by WickedElbow, 11 April 2014 - 07:48 AM.

#54 Rang

Rang

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:08 AM

Why is the topic of disabling God Items even being discussed?

Following that logic, why bother even allowing God Items during WoE? Or at all? Why not just delete all the gear from the server because they offer an "advantage". Isn't the point of this any game to earn items and get stronger?

This needs not discussing. There are more pressing matters. We should not allow one individual's personal vendetta against a group of people in game have any traction in this discussion.

Back On Topic: Do not screw over TKMs. Random entry is fine because, as previously stated, it circumvents portal-fisting. Allow TKMs to exit the maps normally so we can retain our buffs/etc. Please do not repeat the same mistake you made when you swapped Thors 1 with Thors 2.

#55 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:25 AM

First post updated Meow.

#56 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:09 AM

4. No return portal to leave the Satan Morroc Map. Players will instead receive an item similar to the Prontera Pass that returns them to Morroc City so that they can leave at will.

*Our plan for this is not to punish TKMs. The entrance to DM will be at the same place the return scrolls move you to. Please see number 7 for the reason why.

..... why is this even necessary? if it returns you to the same place that you enter anyway...? The logic for this is lost on me.

#57 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:12 AM

You do know I've had destroyed morroc since the server opened no patch even from the 7th circle of hell can return morroc for me so move your quest npc to chief barlogs spot and ur still wasting valuable buff time on tkm

#58 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:16 AM

You do know I've had destroyed morroc since the server opened no patch even from the 7th circle of hell can return morroc for me so move your quest npc to chief barlogs spot and ur still wasting valuable buff time on tkm

I will try to get this fixed for you. I think I know the issue.

#59 HikariYari

HikariYari

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 789 posts
  • Server:Roundbeck

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:21 AM

I have a feeling this is going to be a lot like the Account bound High end equipment fiasco. People speak out against it or parts of it and they ignore people and put it in the way they planned anyway. 

Edited by HikariYari, 11 April 2014 - 09:25 AM.

#60 MattyL904

MattyL904

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:45 AM

Sure, some people may be discouraged if god items were disabled for Satan Morroc, but it shouldn't affect woe competition.

With the changes  I suggested.

1. Increased spawn time

2. Server announcement of the spawn.

3. Disabled god items.

Would just make Satan Morroc more competitive and ultimately make the server more active.

Bad idea.

Bias opinion. You wont be getting the kills so you want us to have less of them per week,  You dont want to camp the time, so you want the GMs to tell you when it spawns. You dont have megs so you are scared to go up against people with megs.  

Alls I see is someone who doesnt want to put in the work to get the same level of playing field as everyone else..  Someone hard work should have some advantage, otherwise why would you do it?

Edited by MattyL904, 11 April 2014 - 09:58 AM.

#61 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:04 AM

If Ice Wall is being disabled, Eske needs to be disabled too. If the intent is to remove ways to cheese-kill the MvP, all ways need to be disabled. If you are not going to disable eske, I see no reason why Ice Wall needs to be removed.

Disabling god items is silly, I don't know why we are discussing this.

TKMs/other classes who want to farm the map without caring about the MvP should not be penalized.

Making SM harder isn't a bad idea. I don't know if the resurrection thing is necessary, since SM has Hell's Power and that takes care of spamming res.

#62 Flack

Flack

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:15 AM

I'd be alright with implanting it as intended. I'll always be fine with no changes being made. However since you made a thread here's my opinion (not that it will be refered to when decisions are made)

1) don't increase the health of SM. It's a trivial change that doesn't actually raise or lower the difficulty of the monster.
2) if you are going to remove any skills to make the MVP harder just remove IW and reflect. Again trivial since if your going to comp the mvp those skills won't beat a party and hells power basically screws up reflect.
3) don't bother with a death limit on the map. You have hells power already to prevent reflect. This would hurt anyone partying there ( probably won't be happening but I'm looking out for the little guy)
4) fine with random spawns.
5) if you get rid of the continental guard quest implement a way to get those acc from the quest.

Don't limit or remove anything else. I want to be able to use my god items when I farm there so don't even consider taking those away.

A fix I am calling for from valk server is please remove that half SP adjustment you made on the first map. Slowed down my killing time and was uncessesary.

Last thing be sure you only screw up the map that SM spawns on. I don't want to jump on map 1 only to find that I can't use "x" skill or "x" equipment when I'm not killing the boss.

Implement SM next week as well.

#63 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 10:31 AM

1. I also think the spawn time should be increased to 24 hours and announced on the server when he's about to spawn.  The increase spawn time will prevent the server becoming flooded with Satan Morroc gear and the spawn announcement will increase competition on the server.

2. You could also make it really interesting by disabling god items on the map, since one side has 6 megs and will most likely win every time because of this. Whoever has the most and best items shouldn't determine the winner, it should be based on skill and teamwork.

1. Are you serious? Having the time for an MVP has always been a part of the game.

2. The entire purpose of god items is to give you an advantage. I don't even like god items - asking to disable them on certain maps is ridiculous, considering the amount of work and effort that goes into obtaining said items. (people put all this work and effort into making them so they could use them)

> Having more than 2 megs doesn't matter either since damage is character based, not party.

> You don't play MMORPG's to win purely based on skill and teamwork, go play a MOBA or FPS. Skill and teamwork will help, but it's not 100% of the game.

Edited by iamvrypwrful, 11 April 2014 - 10:39 AM.

#64 RonSilver

RonSilver

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 644 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:36 AM

5) if you get rid of the continental guard quest implement a way to get those acc from the quest.

This please!!!!

#65 Eyjafjallajokull

Eyjafjallajokull

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:48 AM

I like these changes. Pvming on classic is way too easy and boring and should be made harder.

I also think the spawn time should be increased to 24 hours and announced on the server when he's about to spawn.  The increase spawn time will prevent the server becoming flooded with Satan Morroc gear and the spawn announcement will increase competition on the server.

You could also make it really interesting by disabling god items on the map, since one side has 6 megs and will most likely win every time because of this. Whoever has the most and best items shouldn't determine the winner, it should be based on skill and teamwork.

That is generally what happens when you let Protoss macro undisturbed. 

To solve your worries about balance and gain access to such items, apply now at www.valhalla.gg and become one of the Einherjar!

Edited by Eyjafjallajokull, 11 April 2014 - 11:49 AM.

#66 Xeio

Xeio

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:55 AM

I like these changes. Pvming on classic is way too easy and boring and should be made harder.

I also think the spawn time should be increased to 24 hours and announced on the server when he's about to spawn.  The increase spawn time will prevent the server becoming flooded with Satan Morroc gear and the spawn announcement will increase competition on the server.

You could also make it really interesting by disabling god items on the map, since one side has 6 megs and will most likely win every time because of this. Whoever has the most and best items shouldn't determine the winner, it should be based on skill and teamwork.

Because lets face it, it doesn't require skill and teamwork to make god items. What with taking of the castles and defense and the silly god item creation quest.

Or is it because you haven't recieved such "Teamwork" that you feel underappriciated and left out? How's that belt of yours we made for you, not much "Teamwork" there huh?

Competition on a dead server oh how witty you are! Next thing you'll suggest is Terran to have full map visibility to prevent the pesky Protoss 3 Base Macro.

#67 Tolrin

Tolrin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:41 PM

I like how you guys are fine with them removing some aspects of the game (ice wall and eske) but not fine with them removing other aspects (god items.)  The idea of disabling god items on the map makes just as much sense as disabling ice wall or eske does, and it really highlights how dumb EITHER idea is.

Edit: Heck lets take it one step further, forget ice wall and eske, leave those in, the real problem is champs and paladins, lets just prevent either of those classes from entering the map, make people fight the mvp fair.

Edited by Tolrin, 11 April 2014 - 12:43 PM.

#68 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:47 PM

I like how you guys are fine with them removing some aspects of the game (ice wall and eske) but not fine with them removing other aspects (god items.)  The idea of disabling god items on the map makes just as much sense as disabling ice wall or eske does, and it really highlights how dumb EITHER idea is.

Edit: Heck lets take it one step further, forget ice wall and eske, leave those in, the real problem is champs and paladins, lets just prevent either of those classes from entering the map, make people fight the mvp fair.

lmfao you're so kawaii

Lets compare a skill that bugs out AI to items that take a year of work

A+

#69 Tolrin

Tolrin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:53 PM

It doesn't matter what they are, removing something is removing something.  Removing either one is stupid.  It simply doesn't make sense to arbitrarily change the games balance based on a whim.  I understand that you really want the combination of options that will benefit you personally the most, thats only logical, but that doesn't actually make it a good idea.

#70 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:56 PM

Let's take the temperature of the discussion down a bit shall we? 

#71 heyxsean

heyxsean

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:59 PM

i've been a good boy Oda =)

#72 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:04 PM

You can kill the mvp ALONE with ice wall, do you not understand it makes it retardedly easy?

#73 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:07 PM

It doesn't matter what they are, removing something is removing something.  Removing either one is stupid.  It simply doesn't make sense to arbitrarily change the games balance based on a whim.  I understand that you really want the combination of options that will benefit you personally the most, thats only logical, but that doesn't actually make it a good idea.

Personally? No, I probably will show up to only a handful of spawns. However the people I play alongside and the people who worked for the items that we collectively own. Yes.

I've said it before and I've said it again, I think people should be rewarded for creating their high end items and also for actually playing.

Welfarerok Online just means people log in less because they're benefitting through inaction. (see : WoE)

Being able to solo ~teh hardest baws~ is illogical.

#74 heyxsean

heyxsean

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:12 PM

the reward is the end game item ... having -_- changed to benefit you is another thing tho lol

i don't really care tho, the amount of complaints this mvp is creating is funny. both sides want changes for their benefits ... someone will have to lose =(

implement nydhoggur =)

Edited by heyxsean, 11 April 2014 - 01:13 PM.

#75 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:15 PM

Valkyrie guild consistently avoids playing the game, in all aspects.

WoE? Let's avoid fighting people as much as possible.

MVP? Let's do everything with reflect.

Edited by iamvrypwrful, 11 April 2014 - 01:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users