PK Shield Spam Still Ruining PVP - Page 2 - Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

PK Shield Spam Still Ruining PVP

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#26 Dyshana

Dyshana

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1410 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 April 2014 - 10:27 AM

And never forget that Gravity merged the less populated server (pk) into the more populated server (non-pk) and made it pk... great job....

#27 djfree

djfree

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:46 PM

you guys cry too much about it, if you dont like it, pk someome else that doesnt have a sheild or go play something else, i mean really, you are not the only people who want to enjoy the game, and not everyone likes to pvp. i dont care if you dont like my comments on this its my opinion and i could care less what anyone thinks. it's a stupid pointless subject that wont get answered because more players will QQ about being pkd than will QQ about not being able to pk low level players. end of discussion

*Most Sincerely And Not Regretably*

~KrissiMrsPrissy420@AmityvilleToaster.net~

My god you kids cant read.  This isnt an "anti-pk shield" thread, its a "fix the retarded spam feature of the shields" thread.  I dont even remotely care if you want to permashield and go grind koonts.  If you dont want to be involved in pvp then I am totally cool with you using shields, thats the compromise of the server merge and its a good one.  I dont want to go farm low lvls in AT or get off on the squealing from legit people who just want to play and are getting camped.  Shields are great for people who dont want to pvp, thats good for them and it helps them remain in the game.

The problem is the retarded spamming of pk shield on and off by people who actively choose to participate in pvp and use it as a feature to exploit in order to prevent defeats.  This isn't rocket science here kids, are they still teaching you guys to read?

#28 KraizerReziark

KraizerReziark

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 114 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:The one that works

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:40 PM

My god you kids cant read.  This isnt an "anti-pk shield" thread, its a "fix the retarded spam feature of the shields" thread.  I dont even remotely care if you want to permashield and go grind koonts.  If you dont want to be involved in pvp then I am totally cool with you using shields, thats the compromise of the server merge and its a good one.  I dont want to go farm low lvls in AT or get off on the squealing from legit people who just want to play and are getting camped.  Shields are great for people who dont want to pvp, thats good for them and it helps them remain in the game.

The problem is the retarded spamming of pk shield on and off by people who actively choose to participate in pvp and use it as a feature to exploit in order to prevent defeats.  This isn't rocket science here kids, are they still teaching you guys to read?

Evidently you can't read, no one is implying this is an anti-pk shield thread.

The common response seems to be "Stop complaining". Other ideas include introducing nova as a pve server and making trifri a pure pvp server or imposing time restrictions on the shield. So tell me, which of us "kids" is saying remove the pk shields all together?

Edited by KraizerReziark, 23 April 2014 - 08:50 PM.

#29 djfree

djfree

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:54 PM

How is it destroying PvP? It's not our fault gravity decided to merge a pvp and a pve server. Besides, the pvp here is a joke and the fact that you take it this seriously is pathetic lol.

You don't like the shields because it prevents you from endlessly camping someone, which is also pathetic.

The best solution at this point is to move the Nova server client side as a PvE server and remove the pk shields from Trifri. but hey, since when has Gravity done anything logical?

Actually, I've used the shields maybe 8 times total :)

I'm not raging though! Besides, I didn't say you said to remove them. Shields are hardly spammed with the last update to them. They are not an issue. You cant change everything just because of a few bad apples.. look where that's gotten us.

There was no update.

I spend most of my time idling in Trifri and Alban and have yet to see this kind of abuse. Perhaps I'm on at the wrong times but this is the first I've heard of it. If it's that big of an issue, just disable the use of them while in combat mode.

Whoops, I thought that change was made o.o, my bad.

Nice edit.

you guys cry too much about it, if you dont like it, pk someome else that doesnt have a sheild or go play something else, i mean really, you are not the only people who want to enjoy the game, and not everyone likes to pvp. i dont care if you dont like my comments on this its my opinion and i could care less what anyone thinks. it's a stupid pointless subject that wont get answered because more players will QQ about being pkd than will QQ about not being able to pk low level players. end of discussion

*Most Sincerely And Not Regretably*

~KrissiMrsPrissy420@AmityvilleToaster.net~

Evidently you can't read, no one is implying this is an anti-pk shield thread.

The common response seems to be "Stop complaining". Other ideas include introducing nova as a pve server and making trifri a pure pvp server or imposing time restrictions on the shield. So tell me, which of us "kids" is saying remove the pk shields all together?

See above for implications,

#30 KraizerReziark

KraizerReziark

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 114 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:57 PM

Yea, none of that suggests this is an anti-pk shield thread. My error has nothing to do with the point you're making (which I admitted my error already). Wilbur simply said pk people who aren't using it, that in no way implies the shield should be removed.

#31 djfree

djfree

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:58 PM

Yea, none of that suggests this is an anti-pk shield thread. My error has nothing to do with the point you're making (which I admitted my error already). Wilbur simply said pk people who aren't using it, that in no way implies the shield should be removed.

Which is entirely off-topic and now youre desperately trying to save face.

#32 KraizerReziark

KraizerReziark

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 114 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:01 PM

Which is entirely off-topic and now youre desperately trying to save face.

I'm curious, do you even process the information you're typing? I'm saying your points are irrelevant to the topic. We don't want the pk shields removed, that's been established; we want them altered or left as is. That has everything to do with the topic.

Edited by KraizerReziark, 23 April 2014 - 09:02 PM.

#33 djfree

djfree

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:03 PM

I'm curious, do you even process the information you're typing? I'm saying your points are irrelevant to the topic. We don't want the pk shields removed, that's been established; we want them altered or left as is.

Zero of your input suggests that.  All of it suggests you misinterpreted the entire purpose of the thread.  My points are relevant to the topic because I created it, you posted in it without comprehending it.  Others did also and now that youve seen your mistake youre pack-peddling.  Hard.

#34 KraizerReziark

KraizerReziark

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 114 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:05 PM

Zero of your input suggests that.  All of it suggests you misinterpreted the entire purpose of the thread.  My points are relevant to the topic because I created it, you posted in it without comprehending it.  Others did also and now that youve seen your mistake youre pack-peddling.  Hard.

Right, well you enjoy misinterpreting other peoples posts. I'm sure the pk shield will be fixed real soon. Gravity loves you after all :) I'm sure I'll see you in-game so you can prove your might to everyone!

Edited by KraizerReziark, 23 April 2014 - 09:23 PM.

#35 BumblefootV7

BumblefootV7

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 02:48 AM

I find my self logging less and less lately due the idiotic  way shields are. I log to pvp and PK. I dont need items, gear or to run RH, ET etc for the 400th or more time. Whats left for me?  The best pvp here was SVS that been gone a year or more or PK which is broken with spamable shield. So ill just keep playing Aion where updates are large, real new content  and pro implimented. Cant justify this game wirh ancient outdated content, poor pvp choices and staff who cant even run a small piece of code correct for happy hours. Happy hour fails in a week is actually a higher number than staff posts, announcments even if u include facebook.

#36 MacMad

MacMad

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 727 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:36 AM

give it up man, ppl simply dont get it.

i still like katys idea though,that u have to choose when u login -> pk/non-pk (shield off/on)

#37 Unbound

Unbound

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 04:34 AM

Nova as server also accessible by client ?  one PvP and one PvE.

#38 HeadAche

HeadAche

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 07:21 AM

Sounds like youve been abused lol, that must be rough.  No, I just enjoy legit and fair pvp (granted there is great inbalance) but the spamability of the shields prevents that.  Im gonna go out on a limb and say you didnt even read my post and you just thought youd rage at me for being against pk shields.   Had you read it, you would have seen that im not asking for them to be removed, im asking for them to be made unspammable.  That way the players like yourself who are so obviously upset by pk (lel..) can go ahead and permashield for fear of pixel damage. 

The problem is people who actively pk and use the shields in order to protect themselves from getting finished off.   They get some cheap shots in, use shield, laugh, charge a pb, aoe on you, remove shield, kill you, reshield, repeat.  Pk shields are needed on trifri server because valdes people didnt sign up for an open world pvp game and that should be respected.  Some of these people spent a lot of money on toons to casually play around with and go to battlegrounds.  Sure I think most of us want two or more servers back but lets face it, thats not gonna happen till we get dumped on RU servers.

2 servers would be good! Sadly, this isn't possible, but maybe something can be done about the problem with spamming shields. Take on the shield and if you take it off you have like 1 hour or more till you can take it on again, or something like this. I'm from Lintra server , when it died I moved to Valdes, I prefer PVE, I use PK shield all the time, I don't KS, I don't PVP. I don't like PVP! I'm still playing Requiem, because there is this shield option! Also, if there is an option for Nova to be PVE server (a really good idea) I will be glad to move all my characters there!

Edited by HeadAche, 30 April 2014 - 07:29 AM.

#39 BumblefootV7

BumblefootV7

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:38 AM

And never forget that Gravity merged the less populated server (pk) into the more populated server (non-pk) and made it pk... great job....

Just to correct you there. At start hammerine was the largest server by alot and it stayed that way till the 3rd server was merged into valdes. Then they dumped the koreans in there to. Is it any suprise Valdes non pk server had more? No one from the 3rd server or korea was able to choose a PK server the option was never given between hammerine and valdes. So basicly what your saying isnt the case at all. At least not through an active choice by the players.

#40 Alteris

Alteris

Awarded #1 Troll

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 882 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:02 AM

We are working on a more permanent resolution to this issue. More information will be given during the month of May. Stay tuned!

#41 Dyshana

Dyshana

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1410 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 09:09 AM

Just to correct you there. At start hammerine was the largest server by alot and it stayed that way till the 3rd server was merged into valdes. Then they dumped the koreans in there to. Is it any suprise Valdes non pk server had more? No one from the 3rd server or korea was able to choose a PK server the option was never given between hammerine and valdes. So basicly what your saying isnt the case at all. At least not through an active choice by the players.

What you are saying it's only partially right, but Lintra (it was no pk) and Valdes players were more than Hammerine, so at the moment of the merge between Valdes and Hammerine, Valdes was the more populated. Of course it wasn't a big deal to merge 2 non pk servers, but when they merged pk (Hammerine) and non pk (Valdes + Lintra), there were more non pk players.

And in any case what Gravity did, was really bad on all the line, since the first merge.

#42 BumblefootV7

BumblefootV7

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 02:31 AM

If Koreans had been given choice of pk or nonpk server do u think valdes would have had more? Your also assuming no Lintra would have liked a choice. I don't understand people I really don't. With no Svs and a broken pk system once your fully geared what do u do? PVE in this game is ancient and I've done the raids so many times I'm sure the mobs and bosses are imprinted into my dreams. The removal of anymore pvp will result in what I'm doing. I rarely log now due to boredom and am enjoying other mmos with less dated and better updated pve content. I log requiem to pvp with my level capped endgame full gearedcharacter. I don't log to raid for items I don't need. There are far to many people here who log purely to see how high they can hoard lant and items. I level and pve to gear after that its all about pvp. If pvp options are bad I don't log and I don't spend. To me it'd be like setting my money on fire.

#43 Dyshana

Dyshana

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1410 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 03:07 AM

Simply there are those who like pvp and those who don't.

Lintra players had a choice: when they chosed Lintra instead of Hammerine, they decided for no pk. Koreans would choose pk server? Are you sure? If you ignore those who hack... look around, the biggest korean guild (guess which) players do the dailies with pk shield on all the time.

If you don't like pve, it doesn't mean that all the players must be forced into pk just to make you happy. Here nobody says to remove pk/no pk, just make it work better for both sides.

#44 BumblefootV7

BumblefootV7

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 07:36 AM

The Koreans do their daily with pk shield because we are in pk war with them. All dokdo have done since arriving is pk. Your welcome to come alban and watch. Can I ask are you level 90? Do u have gd gear? Do u spend money in requiem? Just curious :)

#45 WorkYaDangNag

WorkYaDangNag

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 376 posts
  • LocationOregon
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 01 May 2014 - 10:21 AM

i really hope they make it so you can apply the shield or remove the shield in combat like how you cant log out when your weapon is drawn. That would probably be the easiest fix and keep everyone as happy as possible. or make it so if you're pink/red you cant use a shield. that would be the only way i see fixing the shields for all viable.

#46 Dyshana

Dyshana

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1410 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 11:06 AM

The Koreans do their daily with pk shield because we are in pk war with them. All dokdo have done since arriving is pk. Your welcome to come alban and watch. Can I ask are you level 90? Do u have gd gear? Do u spend money in requiem? Just curious :)

I'm level 90, And I know how Alban is... just big epeen to show how good they are with their dads money. I have good gears (some +30 but not all) and no, I don't spend money.

Are you happy now?

Oh I forgot... I have fun without pk (I hate pk coz I don't need to show how good I am in a videogame... I prefer real life)

#47 Unbound

Unbound

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 03:52 PM

I'm level 90, And I know how Alban is... just big epeen to show how good they are with their dads money. I have good gears (some +30 but not all) and no, I don't spend money.

Are you happy now?

Oh I forgot... I have fun without pk (I hate pk coz I don't need to show how good I am in a videogame... I prefer real life)

Please don't play the " real life" and give a totally unrealistic and limited perception of life itself..

Really, sounds like the one on their dad's money is you. All us big boys and girls with jobs making that cash money.. we work for it, and we will do with it whatever our mortal heart desires. Some people spend massive cash on things much worse than pixels, trust me !

Maybe you don't know, but in reality, the game is free, but the people running it are doing a job, they are working, and it is people as yourself who don't work that speak with such ignorance to the struggle. The REAL life !  You talk about paying players like they are a plague, when in fact they pay the servers you play on for free ! Ungrateful much ? Would be nice for everything to be free but not in real life, time to learn that.

The only reason you would think somebody is showing off, is if you in your mind are offended by it, ego.  So, check yourself... deal with it, or do something about it. 

Now thats ! a reality check. Now... go cash it in, and don't spent it all in one place, ok?  ;}

#48 VModBlueberry

VModBlueberry

Space Cowboy

• WarpPortal VM
  • 1027 posts
  • LocationSpace
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 01 May 2014 - 08:12 PM

Please don't make this topic a pick-on on each other.

Keep it on-topic.

#49 cosi4zara

cosi4zara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 01 May 2014 - 09:45 PM

Sincerely why are red ppl even allowed to use pk shield anyway? I find that quite silly.They chose to pk so the pk vendor should prompt up the message:"Can`t sell to killer" just like at the wingrider or grocers.If they wanna use the pk shield they better have positive tendency.Make it worth to have positive tendency.

#50 Dyshana

Dyshana

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1410 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 09:59 PM

Please don't play the " real life" and give a totally unrealistic and limited perception of life itself..

Really, sounds like the one on their dad's money is you. All us big boys and girls with jobs making that cash money.. we work for it, and we will do with it whatever our mortal heart desires. Some people spend massive cash on things much worse than pixels, trust me !

Maybe you don't know, but in reality, the game is free, but the people running it are doing a job, they are working, and it is people as yourself who don't work that speak with such ignorance to the struggle. The REAL life !  You talk about paying players like they are a plague, when in fact they pay the servers you play on for free ! Ungrateful much ? Would be nice for everything to be free but not in real life, time to learn that.

The only reason you would think somebody is showing off, is if you in your mind are offended by it, ego.  So, check yourself... deal with it, or do something about it. 

Now thats ! a reality check. Now... go cash it in, and don't spent it all in one place, ok?  ;}

Your message is completely off-topic and non-sense. It's clear you are a pk fan. Anyway I don't spend money now, but I spent in the past, the right amount, not much not too few, but now there is no reason for me. Nothing really new for me that is worth money (btw never asked my dad to pay for my games).

The plague is not who spend money, the plague is who pk everyone everywhere (eg. lvl80+ pking players in AT (easy win for fail pker).

I totally agree with cosi4zara, don't let red people to use pk shield and fix the problem with party, let people with/without shield join party. But I insist on choosing it 1 per day: pk or no pk and you will stay so for the whole day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users