Have you Experienced "lag" recently? - Page 5 - Archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Have you Experienced "lag" recently?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
171 replies to this topic

#101 dragoonlordz

dragoonlordz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 378 posts
  • LocationWales, UK

Posted 12 November 2010 - 04:16 PM

I made this fraps video to show how bad gameplay is at the moment, this isn't even close to how bad it's gotten today and over whole week, but between the extreme bad parts of this week and this which is actually as playable as its been all day I think something needs to be done.

I added the tracert at end to prove wasn't my connection, but in fact is the ISP you use; its network to be exact. Fraps is recording at exactly 60fps constant so it's not fraps, it's not my computer either.

Sorry about the music thats one youtube picked when uploaded my video and asked for random music to be added. I don't normally use double clicks to use skills but to show the delay between using and actually happening thats why I did that. The reason I opened stat window is to show my aspd isn't 1-10 so the slow attacks are not by my doing either.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=ZEpE-CobeiA

If you can continue to play like that (even when die constantly) and continue to play, your a better person than me because I can't.

Until it gets better there's no point logging on to be honest.

Edited by dragoonlordz, 12 November 2010 - 04:24 PM.

#102 Inception

Inception

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 06:17 PM

yea today is laggy like crap, but guess what MORE MONEY FOR GRaviTY, when we have to buy more res tokens to compensate the lag death lmaooooo freakin geniuses! NOT

#103 GreatMajah

GreatMajah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 06:41 PM

I made this fraps video to show how bad gameplay is at the moment, this isn't even close to how bad it's gotten today and over whole week, but between the extreme bad parts of this week and this which is actually as playable as its been all day I think something needs to be done.

I added the tracert at end to prove wasn't my connection, but in fact is the ISP you use; its network to be exact. Fraps is recording at exactly 60fps constant so it's not fraps, it's not my computer either.

Sorry about the music thats one youtube picked when uploaded my video and asked for random music to be added. I don't normally use double clicks to use skills but to show the delay between using and actually happening thats why I did that. The reason I opened stat window is to show my aspd isn't 1-10 so the slow attacks are not by my doing either.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=ZEpE-CobeiA

If you can continue to play like that (even when die constantly) and continue to play, your a better person than me because I can't.

Until it gets better there's no point logging on to be honest.

You're right, DL. That's unreal. But what's worse.....its pathetic. There's absolutely NO REASON to have to put up with that either.

CMs and GMs can come up with every excuse in the book, but there's still just no reason.

Why does Gravity put up with the garbage service their ISPs give when the average person wouldnt? I know I'd be giving them a short period of time to work it out then I'd take my business elsewhere. ISPs are a dime a dozen nowadays and sometimes I really think that its just no one at Gravity has the balls to demand appropriate service from their providers.

#104 hostage92122

hostage92122

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 06:44 PM

YES

ALL THE TIME

FIX THE LAG ALREADY ITS BEEN OVER TWO WEEKS. NO OTHER GAME HAS EVER HAD TO ENDURE THIS FOR SO LONG. WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

#105 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 12 November 2010 - 07:22 PM

good thing i stopped playing

#106 Ruilionheart

Ruilionheart

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 06:28 AM

YES.

Nov 13 2010 07:27 AM

Hope i can help you, help me, help them. xD

PS: On a side note. Yesterday i was playing and i dindt have one bit of lag, it was awesome for once. Today i'm lagging again... and the number of people online was similar(around 3k~3.3k).

Edited by Ruilionheart, 13 November 2010 - 06:29 AM.

#107 ventra

ventra

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 07:20 AM

i believe they should really change their ISP, not considering but actually changing it
as a "international" game with about 1000 players connecting (Ymir), this kind of lag is just unacceptable

i just couldn't walk smoothly today and yesterday, also made me in dangerous situation for a lot of times (when u cannot heal with potion due to lag)

edit

with less than 600 players on Ymir at this moment, it still lag like :P
made me feel the era of 14.4k modem

Edited by ventra, 13 November 2010 - 07:33 AM.

#108 ABK1986

ABK1986

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 945 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 November 2010 - 09:59 AM

Died a minute ago in the clock tower due to lag. Lost my 99 mercenary too, not happy about that :P

#109 Majeh

Majeh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 10:57 AM

laggggggggggggggggggggg

#110 Puppet

Puppet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 831 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 November 2010 - 11:01 AM

THis is -_-ing ridiculous, Those 4 -_-ing routers that have the packet lost you where told about and you said isp is knows of just -_-ing drop off the face of the earth for 5 minutes yet again, Unless you enjoy being blamed for this and like the idea of people quitting over this I suggest you's pull you heads out of your asses and tell tell your isp to fix the problem or find another isp.

Edited by Puppet, 13 November 2010 - 11:04 AM.

#111 r0n1n

r0n1n

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 11:03 AM

ntt dropped again

#112 morphine

morphine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1123 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 11:06 AM

Yes. Just died from crazy lag (for around the 4th time today), 5 minutes ago.

This time, I had to alt-f4 just to disconnect afterwards. :<

#113 brandon

brandon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • Location5 dolla holla
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 13 November 2010 - 11:13 AM

* "Is the location you are forum posting from, the same location as you experienced game play lag from?"
Yes
* "What time in PST (clock is on the website) did this happen"
12:57 pm 11/13/10

#114 jax5

jax5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 11:14 AM

Lag spike experienced at ~12:10pm from same location as posted from. The spike was for over a minute. I'm getting frustrated at repeated dying and exp/buff loss. Solution is necessary.

#115 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 11:43 AM

There should be a statement in Gravity's agreement with their ISP about being able to terminate their contract without paying termination fees if they are not receiving a certain quality of reliability/speed/service. This is pretty basic stuff. I'd say now is a good time to exercise their right to end the contract and move on.

I'd rather experience a few days of downtime while they change to a new provider than continue to deal with this latency.

#116 brandon

brandon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • Location5 dolla holla

Posted 13 November 2010 - 02:35 PM

* "Is the location you are forum posting from, the same location as you experienced game play lag from?"
Yes
* "What time in PST (clock is on the website) did this happen"
04:33 pm 11/13/10

#117 hostage92122

hostage92122

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 05:32 PM

Brb im going to go play crysis on highest settings and lag less than this.

#118 AzureBreeze

AzureBreeze

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 05:40 PM

Lagging since signing on around 4 PM and still lagging. 11/13/2010

Can we please get some communication with the GM Team on the status of this. Just keep us updated/informed. This lag is absolutely terrible as well as this lack of communication between the GM Team regarding this odd lag issue as of late and the community.

Slightly raging. I want to level! :unsure:

#119 FoxyWoxy

FoxyWoxy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 06:08 PM

I started lagging since yesterday x_X Spikes all over

#120 hesho

hesho

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 07:24 PM

oh.. i'm seriously about to quit, i can't even play because i'm always lag spiking now no matter what time of day. I run a tracert and ntt.net almost always has timeouts on each line. No idea what the heck renewal did but it seriously made the servers way more laggy then before.

oh, should mention this is in magma 2 and einbroch dungeon

Edited by hesho, 13 November 2010 - 07:26 PM.

#121 brandon

brandon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • Location5 dolla holla

Posted 13 November 2010 - 08:20 PM

woe was hella laggy every 5 seconds

#122 Burnhard

Burnhard

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 12:23 AM

i am also lagging that hard that i cant level in payon cave.. I think the only reason is that there are to much bots around the RO world..

#123 ventra

ventra

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 07:29 AM

too bad i've got 4800 WP points back in SEP with playspan's back tp school combo....
guess i'll have to leave it and check on Valk once a week and see, if things are better, i'll come back to iRO,
for the meanwhile, i'll be in twRO, which is VERY SMOOTH

i think they just ruined the "i" in "iRO"

but most disappointing was not about the lag entirely....
u see the attached pic.... with the speed of response...
there are still one big problem with my account which was sent 20OCT and still not yet resolved
and normal respond time is 4-6 days, i cannot take it honestly.

and a name change, which i mentioned b4, took almost half a month (the bottom entry)
http://images4.fotop...esources/wp.gif

Edited by ventra, 14 November 2010 - 07:48 AM.

#124 Psychogenik

Psychogenik

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 718 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 14 November 2010 - 08:21 AM

I thought it was my crappy wifi but apparently it's not I started playing fRO which is the new euRO and it runs perfect oh and it's pre renewal along with 0 bots.

#125 hostage92122

hostage92122

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 09:11 AM

its ok... people a slowly leaving because of this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users