Have you Experienced "lag" recently? - Page 4 - Archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Have you Experienced "lag" recently?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
171 replies to this topic

#76 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 08 November 2010 - 02:16 PM

Thank you, we have had enough checks to see that the RO network is clean, we are moving the checks further out from the RO servers to find where internally any latency exists.

#77 mooMOOmoo

mooMOOmoo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 02:24 PM

* "Is the location you are forum posting from, the same location as you experienced game play lag from?"
Yes
* "What time in PST (clock is on the website) did this happen"
3:13pm 8 Nov 2010
Map: gef_fild10

#78 xfusion

xfusion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 301 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 November 2010 - 03:48 PM

ffs you should just make it free to play until you fix this -_-, paying for a game you cant even walk around on is completely ridiculous, epically when it has been going on for this long

yes (again)
and right now

#79 Lelouch

Lelouch

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 08 November 2010 - 05:33 PM

ffs you should just make it free to play until you fix this -_-, paying for a game you cant even walk around on is completely ridiculous, epically when it has been going on for this long

yes (again)
and right now

^This

#80 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 05:46 PM

Remove instance time limits (such as getting disconnected in The Endless Tower and having the instance destroyed) and make Kafra Shop buffs stay on death.

I've lost an Endless instance in all this lag and countless Kafra Shop Consumables from dieing due to spikes. This is ridiculous. I don't feel like gambling with my IRL money buffs, so I'm not using them until you fix this or address the issue so that they will not be disabled on death.

#81 geniewinie

geniewinie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 06:11 PM

Lag? oh yea, i couldn't even walk on prot coz of spamming bots, oh also, i couldn't even level up bcoz evey time i try to kill i couldnt even atk, the next thing would happen is I'm FREAKING dead. I've even replaced the nvidia graph card with the latest ones and restore my comp just to play nicely but NO it didn't work. checked my connection too and called verizon (my internet provider) to make sure I get 100% connection, no less. thing is, it's FIOS! and still there is LAG. kept asking friends if they are having too and they do apperently.

all the time there's few spikey lags and few mini-lags. but at times 5:00PM-1:00AM EST(i stop playing at 1:00 so idk if it still persists after) It goes crazy....CRAZY! I say. the time is before the daily saving ended, so probly now from 4:00 it's friggin laggy

#82 ABK1986

ABK1986

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 945 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 November 2010 - 04:00 AM

Yes, lag all the time. Whether I'm in town or out hunting. It's ridiculous and it is not my internet.

#83 Ezot

Ezot

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 07:14 AM

well to the first question: yes...
as for the second one: all the timeee!!!
Ex:yesterday night:start the patcher---->press start----->waiiiiit... ---->put my account ------>enter and choose char ------->loging iiiiiinnnnnnnn ------->play the game(slow motion) ----->lAAAAAGGGGG! =S -------Click a chonchon -----4 secs. ------->catch him ---1 min. -----> gets killed by other player!!!!

Please hurry resolving this;
Ezot

#84 Puppet

Puppet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 831 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 06:49 PM

at 10:43 pm eastern time IP 204.1.253.102 was have a packet lose of 14% or more and IP 204.255.169.234 randomly dont not respond or has lose of 40%, biut I think that ip is a verizon router

#85 jax5

jax5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 01:12 AM

Please include temporary no death penalty on valk. I am continuously dying due to lag (occassional minute+ lag spikes) and have been doing so for the last week.

Another episode just occurred (around 2am PST) where one client lagged for over a minute and another client had no lag. Apparently, it wasn't server lag because the mob was still attacking throughout the time period and I died after.

Edited by jax5, 10 November 2010 - 01:13 AM.

#86 ABK1986

ABK1986

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 945 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 November 2010 - 02:39 AM

Please include temporary no death penalty on valk. I am continuously dying due to lag (occassional minute+ lag spikes) and have been doing so for the last week.

Another episode just occurred (around 2am PST) where one client lagged for over a minute and another client had no lag. Apparently, it wasn't server lag because the mob was still attacking throughout the time period and I died after.

I agree with this, at least until they can figure out how to fix it, the lag is ridiculous, makes me not want to lvl because I know I'm just going to lag out and die :D
Or they should just compensate the exp that we lost on a lag-death, but that would be a whole other ticket fiasco

#87 Canada

Canada

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 252 posts
  • Location[ Valkyrie ] Over your dead body in PVP =)

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:20 PM

Thank you for making me Lose 3% :D ... this is sure to keep me playing :unsure: nbs

#88 AzureBreeze

AzureBreeze

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:23 PM

• "Is the location you are forum posting from, the same location as you experienced game play lag from?"

Yes

• "What time in PST (clock is on the website) did this happen"
  • __:__a/pm Date

12 PM ~ 8:20 PM PDT & Still On-Going as of 11/10/2010

Lag has been Stop --> Speeds up in game --> Stop --> Speeds up in game. It's been a terrible leveling experience and WoE experience. Frustrating at most. Been like this through out the whole day. Never a dull moment with it. It's been happening for a couple weeks now. Experienced it after Installing renewal / renewal launch. Before Renewal I never had this issue. Not sure if it's relates or not, but just thought I'd throw it out there in case.

Tested my network outside of iRO and everything is fine. Other games, uploading / downloading is fine as well. Even attempted to re-wire everything for my Cable Network & Changed Router/Modem/Wireless Modem. No change for iRO Latency for me.

Edited by AzureBreeze, 10 November 2010 - 07:36 PM.

#89 geniewinie

geniewinie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 03:36 AM

haha, after last night's maintenance and making those bot's not to speak we are able to have no lag day :D

#90 FailedEXE

FailedEXE

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 03:44 AM

Last night, I just got punished for lag death for something I have absolutely no control because of gravities pathetically weak servers. It's now 7:30am EST, just got up. Decided to boot up RO, then closed the game out right away because I was not about to lose another 3% and I wanted to get my Sniper to 98 today.

#91 geniewinie

geniewinie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 05:06 AM

=.= it's laggy again. why is that? buy the best and latest new servers Gm's !!!

#92 FailedEXE

FailedEXE

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 08:54 AM

Lost another 3% today because my-_- decided to gamble against the lag trying to take it nice and slow. Ran into a mob, tried to teleport when it caught up with me, nothing responded in time. I'm sorry that I wanted to fking level but the game is currently unplayable.

#93 d2bby

d2bby

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 11 November 2010 - 08:57 AM

I'm playing on the other side of the world. No lag on Yggdrasil. Awesome =)

#94 Hiroaki

Hiroaki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • LocationBeach Shack Beginning World Domination!
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 11 November 2010 - 12:00 PM

* "Is the location you are forum posting from, the same location as you experienced game play lag from?"
Yes/No

Yes

* "What time in PST (clock is on the website) did this happen"
__:__a/pm Date

Hmm....

8:00ish 11/11/10 AM PST- 4:56 11/11/10 AM PST. I've thought it was my connection so I've done a few router resets since this situation is odd for me. Now it's just shots of small lag spikes that have been irritating. :P It's a problem being fixed nationally so it's nothing I can really get upset over.

Hope things clear out soon

#95 tukasa

tukasa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 06:12 PM

yes

Reflect Damage Skill killed me. :P
Because I could not move.

I can understand jRO GM TEAM decided Reflect Damage Skill does not work in ALL MAP.

Edited by tukasa, 11 November 2010 - 07:18 PM.

#96 tukasa

tukasa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 08:36 PM

when is this lag going away and why the-_- is it still here? its impossible to do :P with a constant 4 sec delay

Woah Woah Many iRO Players have high�priced PC. :P

checking our internal network?XD
Please check RG skill.

#97 xfusion

xfusion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 301 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 11 November 2010 - 09:01 PM

wtf happened, you guys had it for a few days now its just as laggy as before, wtf did you do..

#98 Hiroaki

Hiroaki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • LocationBeach Shack Beginning World Domination!
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 12 November 2010 - 08:31 AM

Problem is resolved on my end.

#99 dragoonlordz

dragoonlordz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 378 posts
  • LocationWales, UK

Posted 12 November 2010 - 12:00 PM

Impossible I don't know whether was due to Ein dungeon floor one being infested with bots on Ymir or whether something wrong with network but I think combination of both cause me to die big time on an epic scale. I'm not talking couple seconds between moving and clicking on things jumping about I'm talking about 30 seconds to a minute between jumps and movements. At one stage it was upto 290+ latency ms in past 10 mins. For NTT which promises never to go above 130 I find this shocking. From node/hop 12 upwards are all NTT network. With obviously the last one being iro hop. :P Anything below 150ms doesn't have that big an effect in playing but once you go over that in ms it becomes jittery 2-3 second spikes then anything over 200 talking 5 second spikes but no disconnections until hit 230+ then its disconnections and huge lag spikes.

Posted Image

Edited by dragoonlordz, 12 November 2010 - 12:04 PM.

#100 Majeh

Majeh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 03:08 PM

cant lvl lag like hell

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users