Bounty Boards [Beta Test Feedback] - Page 3 - Renewal Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Bounty Boards [Beta Test Feedback]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
876 replies to this topic

#51 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 05 June 2014 - 12:28 PM

After some discussion with other players, it seems that having tiered boards similar to Eden Group is better to have in order to curb abuse.

BOUNTY BOARDS
Again, please note that this is not a final list and I'm open to suggestions!

Trello board listing

Green = Launch quality
Yellow = Needs tweaking/not quite there yet
Red = Not yet implemented
Blue = In-game for testing

Edited by ZeroTigress, 31 March 2015 - 09:57 PM.

#52 Goryduck

Goryduck

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 03:57 PM

Anyone know the monsters that are on the current bounty board?  I've never did a bounty quest, and I'm lost since I want to know which spells to get for my sage.

#53 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 03:59 PM

Anyone know the monsters that are on the current bounty board?  I've never did a bounty quest, and I'm lost since I want to know which spells to get for my sage.

by9OGe5.png

#54 SmartAlec

SmartAlec

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Server:Re:Start

Posted 06 June 2014 - 03:34 AM

Alright,how 'bout adding Anubis for Pyramid Dungeon and Dullahan and/or Bloody Murderer for Niflheim?

Edited by SmartAlec, 06 June 2014 - 03:34 AM.

#55 Kiwimaster

Kiwimaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 114 posts
  • LocationSeattle
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 June 2014 - 05:00 AM

This may seem dumb to ask, but are there any other bounty boards around other than juno? Can't find a summary of them on IRO wiki and as a pinned thread in the forums  :mellow:

Edited by Kiwimaster, 06 June 2014 - 05:20 AM.

#56 WeissCeres

WeissCeres

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:01 AM

no i thk for now juno is it

#57 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:14 AM

I'm putting the suggestions out there to see which 4 monsters you guys want to have on each board. Either that or I'll have to see if all options can be available and you pick the 4 that you want to do or have it so the monster selection cycles out or something.

Alright,how 'bout adding Anubis for Pyramid Dungeon and Dullahan and/or Bloody Murderer for Niflheim?

Unfortunately the natural spawn rate for those monsters are much too low for people to hunt 150 of. Hence why I did not add them. I want to prevent kill-stealing since there's enough of that going on in Gramps TIs.

This may seem dumb to ask, but are there any other bounty boards around other than juno? Can't find a summary of them on IRO wiki and as a pinned thread in the forums  :mellow:

Only the Juno board is available for testing at the moment. I'm trying to get ideas for which monsters should be on the other boards, hence my monster suggestions.

#58 Kiwimaster

Kiwimaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 114 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:29 AM

The geffen ones seem a little GH oriented...

Can there be something that'll encourage exploreing Mt. Mjolnir? like argiope , argos, mantis, flora, etc?

Also for Niflheim, can heirozoist, lude/quiv, dullahan be added to the suggested mob list?

Edited by Kiwimaster, 06 June 2014 - 07:35 AM.

#59 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 11:31 AM

The geffen ones seem a little GH oriented...

Can there be something that'll encourage exploreing Mt. Mjolnir? like argiope , argos, mantis, flora, etc?

The Low Level Bounty Boards have some Mt. Mjolnir monsters. (The post below the High Level Bounty Boards monsters.) I will look into your suggestions to add more.

Also for Niflheim, can heirozoist, lude/quiv, dullahan be added to the suggested mob list?

The natural spawn rate for those monsters are simply too low for 150 kill counts, which is why I didn't include them. (Niflheim really should have its own dungeon. Dunno why they haven't created one for it yet.)

#60 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 06 June 2014 - 05:20 PM

The natural spawn rate for those monsters are simply too low for 150 kill counts, which is why I didn't include them. (Niflheim really should have its own dungeon. Dunno why they haven't created one for it yet.)

actually, their spawns aren't too bad.

#61 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 05:48 PM

actually, their spawns aren't too bad.

They aren't bad for 1 or 2 parties, but if there are several parties doing the Niflheim Bounty Board, it's rather insufficient.

#62 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 04:56 AM

Added Mt. Mjolnir monsters to the Prontera, Geffen, and Aldebaran Bounty Board suggestions.

#63 davdbg

davdbg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 691 posts
  • Server:chaos and classic(?)

Posted 07 June 2014 - 05:12 AM

Well i tryed them, and yeah they maybe dont give so many exp like gramps but god i can go and hunt solo in there, finish two quests and do it them again before i get a TI party.
Plus i played with a champion so it was so much using my combos than just being in MS, moving arround and potting...
And if they do expand this, theres another "plus" i wont be stucked in 1 single map for 1 month!

#64 Kiwimaster

Kiwimaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 114 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 07 June 2014 - 08:48 AM

If spawn rate's one of the concerns, i'd suggest adding sky petite to the geffen 70+ list. They have a whole map dedicated to them :D

#65 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 07 June 2014 - 08:49 AM

They aren't bad for 1 or 2 parties, but if there are several parties doing the Niflheim Bounty Board, it's rather insufficient.

The Loli Ruri map just sucks in general if there's more than a couple parties there due to the small amount of walking area.

#66 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 03:10 PM

If spawn rate's one of the concerns, i'd suggest adding sky petite to the geffen 70+ list. They have a whole map dedicated to them :D

Ah yeah. Forgot about those. I'll add them to the High Level Geffen board.

The Loli Ruri map just sucks in general if there's more than a couple parties there due to the small amount of walking area.

All the more reason for Niflheim to either have its own dungeon or get more field maps.

#67 Hikusaak

Hikusaak

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1384 posts
  • LocationCircle Palace, Crystal Valley, Harmonia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 June 2014 - 08:22 PM

I will have to say that the job exp rewards should be made balanced with or even higher than the base exp reward.

If that happens,there is no reason for me to not do the quests.

Pretty much the only reason why I don't bother doing Eden 100+ board quest.

#68 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 09:03 PM

I do believe they plan to structure it like Gramps where VIPs can choose to put the EXP into Base or Job, but I'm not sure. Would having the option to choose where the EXP goes be desirable?

#69 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 08 June 2014 - 01:32 AM

I do believe they plan to structure it like Gramps where VIPs can choose to put the EXP into Base or Job, but I'm not sure. Would having the option to choose where the EXP goes be desirable?

I don't know if you've tried it yet, but they already have functions like exp to both, base only, and job only. i don't think job only function is working as intended.

#70 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 05:00 AM

I don't know if you've tried it yet, but they already have functions like exp to both, base only, and job only. i don't think job only function is working as intended.

Ah, I haven't bought a VIP yet. Been testing without, but I'll try it out when I get the chance.

Edited by ZeroTigress, 08 June 2014 - 05:00 AM.

#71 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:25 AM

For the Bounty Boards that have more than 4 monsters, what are your guys' thoughts on this system?

Have it so each Bounty Board lists all the monster suggestions, but players can only earn EMBs if they pick 4 or more.

4 monster kills = 1 EMB
5 monster kills = 2 EMBs
6 monster kills = 3 EMBs
Etc.

Yay or nay?

#72 natsume1990

natsume1990

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 237 posts
  • LocationGeffen

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:54 AM

I love the bounty boards <3!!! More please!

#73 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 11:33 AM

Bounty Boards will only truly be successful once Gramps is removed, or alternatively if the 70-125 portion is removed.

Edited by KamiKali, 09 June 2014 - 11:34 AM.

#74 xfusion

xfusion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 301 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 09 June 2014 - 11:43 AM

why do the goats bounty board warp you to juno field 07 when juno field 11 is like 100000% better and is the "goats map"? this should be fixed

#75 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 07:55 PM

Bounty Boards will only truly be successful once Gramps is removed, or alternatively if the 70-125 portion is removed.

That's up to the iRO team to decide. If all these threads about Gramps hate isn't enough to convince them that Gramps needs to go, there's not much I can do about it.

why do the goats bounty board warp you to juno field 07 when juno field 11 is like 100000% better and is the "goats map"? this should be fixed

Yeah, I'm trying to convince Oda and Campitor to remove the warp option entirely. Possibly replace it with a party finder option which would educate players about the party booking system.

Edited by ZeroTigress, 09 June 2014 - 09:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users