#1 Sestuplo

Sestuplo

RO2 Volunteer Class Rep

• Members
  • 750 posts
  • LocationGMT +9059 (WarpPortal time)
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:13 PM

Hello Priests! Lately I've been rather lazy and I assumed that the VCR Report thread was being updated. When I found out that it wasn't, boy was I embarassed! Anyway. For those of you wondering what we've been reporting on, I am going to post the latest Priest report that basically summarizes everything that has been in the reports for the past 3 months.

Priest Report 6/9/14

The main highlights include: Strong Will debuff on all movement impairing skills (such as Stun) to combat Judex Chain stun, better scaling to HL to make it more appealing, reducing the scaling on Magnus to make it less comparable to HL and proposal to swap the skill extension from Lex Divina to Renovatio.

So comment here about how good/bad of a job we are doing!

Edited by Sestuplo, 09 June 2014 - 02:15 PM.

#2 Sestuplo

Sestuplo

RO2 Volunteer Class Rep

• Members
  • 750 posts
  • LocationGMT +9059 (WarpPortal time)

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:49 PM

Hello Priests! This week I tackle the issues that have never been tackled (by anyone but the community), proposing alternative fixes to the chain stun.

The Report can be found here

The Bug list can be found here

Main points:

-Magnus Exorcismus at level 3 has around the same damage modifier as Holy Light Level 10. Coupled with the fact that M.E. has no drawback to using it on 1 target, this makes M.E. overall the better skill (minus the HL aspersio crit, but even then M.E. with Aspersio puts Oratio on....)

-Aspersio, with its current cooldowns (with enough vigor of course), allows for the Judex chain stun, but also allows High Heal's HoT to be constantly refreshed. Aspersio as a whole is a skill that is just 2gud4disworld and needs a nerf.

-Angelus has a scaled defense buff instead of flat percentage. The end result is that it's only around 1/3rd as effective as it used to be.

-Suffragim only gives a bonus to Attack Speed, which isn't really noticeable

-Meditatio doesn't do what it's advertised it does. Clarity on how it works is needed (in terms of specific formulas)

Feel free to comment on what issues need to be addressed (beside the DoT issue, that's a given.)

Edited by Sestuplo, 14 July 2014 - 01:50 PM.

#3 8452130110202135077

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:41 PM

i would suggest increasing priest defense while lowering their DPS .. this one hit thing in pvp is seriously annoying.

#4 Lyssina

Lyssina

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 794 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:58 PM

DPS too high and heals too high (but with the current HP pool, they're reasonable :v), to the point where priests take all the hate from the mobs (in grinding parties). This is not good since priests have crap defense, so when we take the hate, we're dead. I prefer DPS-ing in grinds rather than heals QQ dun wanna die yo.

(This is from a point of view of a priest with no refined gears other than the weapons).

One of my guildies decided to yolo a few times and casted HH during a DW lower grind party... he died. Everytime. (It was funny).

i would suggest increasing priest defense while lowering their DPS .. this one hit thing in pvp is seriously annoying.

I like this suggestion. Not too much defense though. Priests have really good heals to make up for the lack of defense. It's a tank's job to have awesome defense. But good enough defense that we won't be too squishy that our HP poofs just by passing those wolves (or any of the other mobs there) in DW, or at least survive a pew pew 1 hKO in PvP. 

Lower the DPS, its way too high. Judex. DOTs. I even think Magnus is too buffed. Too -_-ing much >.> The priest's role should be the main healer. I'm not saying they can't DPS, they can if they want to, but priests shouldn't out-DPS the DPS classes. They introduced bibles which give more MATK, even more if they're refined! (same thing with SoulMakers and their cute dolls) ... but yeah im not gonna QQ too much. The DVDs pretty much said it all in their report.

#5 SolM77186

SolM77186

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • LocationFrance (Paris)
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:ODIN

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:33 AM

My report is comming soon sorry i was a bit late but i need to work on math calcul cause i did a mistale about vigor/hit. hold on a few hours thanks, by the way very nice work Doppio, i'll need to talk to you about something, i need advices.

#6 Contact Support 001

Contact Support 001

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • Server:LOL

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:08 AM

the chain stun thing is also annoying 

#7 asabayou

asabayou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:20 AM

DPS too high and heals too high (but with the current HP pool, they're reasonable :v), to the point where priests take all the hate from the mobs (in grinding parties). This is not good since priests have crap defense, so when we take the hate, we're dead. I prefer DPS-ing in grinds rather than heals QQ dun wanna die yo.

(This is from a point of view of a priest with no refined gears other than the weapons).

One of my guildies decided to yolo a few times and casted HH during a DW lower grind party... he died. Everytime. (It was funny).

if you can't hold the mobs with your op HH. i suggest use sanc/pet heal first since these don't generate threat and let the tank gain threat.

i heal, lure and tank in dw with 50% defense.. VIT FTW!!

Edited by asabayou, 16 July 2014 - 03:23 AM.

#8 asabayou

asabayou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:22 AM

nope...the damage formula is just broken atm.

#9 asabayou

asabayou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:53 AM

Hello Priests! Lately I've been rather lazy and I assumed that the VCR Report thread was being updated. When I found out that it wasn't, boy was I embarassed! Anyway. For those of you wondering what we've been reporting on, I am going to post the latest Priest report that basically summarizes everything that has been in the reports for the past 3 months.

Priest Report 6/9/14

The main highlights include: Strong Will debuff on all movement impairing skills (such as Stun) to combat Judex Chain stun, better scaling to HL to make it more appealing, reducing the scaling on Magnus to make it less comparable to HL and proposal to swap the skill extension from Lex Divina to Renovatio.

So comment here about how good/bad of a job we are doing!

how are we gonna farm if they reduce ME :(

renovatio is okay as it is. highness heal+reno already heals for total 10k+ non crit. don't make it too more op. HoTs aren't meant to full heal with just  1 tick.

I saw your post about suffragium. the casting speed is noticable to me.

Recovery should be no cast because with the cooldown it's got. it's pointless because you get debuffed right after again anyway. (pvp)

i think the damage formula of holy light is in the right scale. skills shouldn't be one-shotting op like motherfing ray of genesis. I'm not 100% valid because I only had maxed holy light for a few hours then i reset back lol. but then again formulas are broken, damage  and defense of classes.

Edited by asabayou, 16 July 2014 - 04:01 AM.

#10 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 08:55 AM

Edit: Shortened a bit

how are we gonna farm if they reduce ME :(

Like any other class. ;)

General Concept of AoEs
LotS Warrior - Bash: 25% damage, hits 1 target, 1sec cooldown, generates auras
LotS Warrior - Magnum Break: 27% damage, hits 3 targets, but also has 3sec cooldown, no auras
LotS Warrior - Brandish Storm: 32% damage, hits 10 targets, but has an animation time of 2~3sec, no auras

Magnum Break and Brandish Storm still had a lower DPS than Bash, due to the cooldown / animation time.

Priests & Rangers were special because their 'basic' attack skill (Holy Light / Charge Arrow) had a casting time.

Pre-Aov Priest - Holy Light: 39% damage, 1sec casting time
Pre-Aov Priest - Magnus Exorcism: 32% damage, animation time

Holy Light could only be activated every other second but dealt twice as much damage as typical alternatives of other classes (Bash, Double Attack, etc.).

That's why Magnus Exorcism had a lower damage multiplier, but it was still similar to Brandish Storm (32%).

With AoV, the level cap of several AoE skills was increased.

Aov Warrior - Brandish Storm @ lvl 3: 317% (is equal to the LotS 32%)

Aov Warrior - Brandish Storm @ lvl 6: 443% (+40% bonus for 3 extra skill points)

Even at level 6, a Brandish Storm still has a lower DPS value than Bash, due to the animation time.

However, the Priest got a free damage boost for Magnus Exorcism (no additional skill points required).

LotS Priest - Magnum Exorcism: 32% (is equal to ~320% in AoV)

Aov Priest - Magnum Exorcism Boost: 536% (+67% bonus)

The argument that the bonus for Magnus Exorcism is too high - especially since it doesn't require extra skill points - is reasonable.

-Aspersio, with its current cooldowns (with enough vigor of course), allows for the Judex chain stun, but also allows High Heal's HoT to be constantly refreshed. Aspersio as a whole is a skill that is just 2gud4disworld and needs a nerf.

To me, Aspersio isn't overpowered. Before AoV, I even suggested to reduce the cooldown.

First Reason:

Before AoV, Aqua Benedicta had a casting time of 60sec and produced 3 Holy Water. Aspersio had a cooldown of 20sec and consumed one Holy Water. By the time you had consumed the third / last Holy Water, Aqua Benedicta was usable again. That made any additional Holy Waters generated by Lex Divina useless.

Second Reason:

The Holy Water stacks are similar to those of other classes (Warrior - rage points, Knight auras, etc.). All other classes except for the Priest can spend these stacks freely (no cooldown, no extra skill to use) to empower certain skills. Therefore, whether or not a skill is broken isn't defined how often you can consume those stacks, but whether the skill that uses them is broken or not.

F.e. a beastmaster can spend 30 beast points for Cruel Bite to heal 30% of his maximum HPs... and he can activate this skill 3 times in quick succession. Although this really powerful, a fix wouldn't restrict how easily he can spend those beast points, but would 'balance' that skill that uses them.

In regard of Aspersio and the Judex-stun-lock:

Aspersio isn't broken at all. Use it with any other skill and it's just fine. Only Judex is broken and that's why this skill ought to be adjusted, not Aspersio.

renovatio is okay as it is. highness heal+reno already heals for total 10k+ non crit. don't make it too more op. HoTs aren't meant to full heal with just  1 tick.

Renovatio is by far too overpowered!!! ... and this seems to be a 'mistake' of the pre-AoV developers.

Most DoTs have a DPS value that's 1/5 (20%) of the general DPS value of that class.

Warrior Bash: 25% damage, 1sec cooldown => 25% damage per second
Warrior Head Crush: 10% DoT (triggers every 2sec) = +5% damage per second

The additional 5% can be added to the 25% of Bash, which results in 20% more damage per second.

However, this calculation is wrong for other two classes: Priests and Rangers.

Ranger - Charge Arrow: 45% damage, 1sec cooldown + 1sec casting time => 22.5% damage per second
Ranger - Poison Arrow: adds a 21% DoT (triggers every 2sec) => +10.5% damage per second

A Poison Arrow raises the DPS of a Ranger by 47%.

Ranger - Heal: 43% damage, 1sec cooldown + 1sec casting time => 21.5% damage per second
Ranger - Renovatio: adds a 22% DoT (triggers every 2sec) => +11% damage per second

The Renovatio is more than half as effective as a Heal... that means it increases the HPS (heal per second) by 51%.

However, in both cases, the DoT/HoT multiplier is about half as high as the normal multiplier (10% is about 1/2 of 25% || 22% is about 1/2 of 43%).

So my guess is that the original developers simply forgot about the casting time.

Edited by Greven79, 24 July 2014 - 07:11 AM.

#11 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 17 July 2014 - 05:18 AM

Healing skills are fine, even if some are just 1 crit = full heal. The cons of pre-AoV is when 2 Priest and 2 Sorc/SM are not enough to keep 10-man raid alive, do people really want that? Even if pre-AoV is more challenging we already lost players with burn spinels and bad teamwork raids... Post-AoV is worse gameplay but some things become easier and one factor for that was from buffed healing...

The main issue is still how DPS skills scaled like "RO1 Arrow Storm"

#12 Cleftobismal

Cleftobismal

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:52 PM

Renavito isn't just a skill to top up your tank, it also heals the dps who are supposed to be avoiding hits. And a mere 3k tick is not going to help sustain a average 30k~35k party member. Rather than making it op to top up someone, I suggest a moderate increase in the MPW % and a duration increase. 12 Seconds is way too short to HOT up a party, (I'm pretty sure this gets annoying in your rotation) priests should be specialized in this aspect. Perhaps we could talk scaling the Percentage based on the duration of the skill? Maybe it could use a level increase instead to determine that?  

Simply put, priests need's a better (HOT) heal to maintain their party and manage threat control. I don't think its a good idea to  have to highness heal all of your dps all the time. Unless you intend to tank the adds that is.  

Edited by Cleftobismal, 17 July 2014 - 12:57 PM.

#13 SolM77186

SolM77186

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • LocationFrance (Paris)

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:56 PM

i'm not here to make a pub, but if you guys didn't see my VCR report cause i was late it's now up on the forum just below this one  (but it's 18 pages)

Enjoy everyone.

Edited by SolM77186, 17 July 2014 - 12:56 PM.

#14 asabayou

asabayou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:40 PM

Renavito isn't just a skill to top up your tank, it also heals the dps who are supposed to be avoiding hits. And a mere 3k tick is not going to help sustain a average 30k~35k party member. Rather than making it op to top up someone, I suggest a moderate increase in the MPW % and a duration increase. 12 Seconds is way too short to HOT up a party, (I'm pretty sure this gets annoying in your rotation) priests should be specialized in this aspect. Perhaps we could talk scaling the Percentage based on the duration of the skill? Maybe it could use a level increase instead to determine that?  

Simply put, priests need's a better (HOT) heal to maintain their party and manage threat control. I don't think its a good idea to  have to highness heal all of your dps all the time. Unless you intend to tank the adds that is.  

other dps classes shouldnt take more damage than the tank/healer. dps classes only get hit when the lure comes in because threat hasn't gained by the tank or in raids when bosses do aoe/random player hit.  if that's the case then the priest or tank is -_-. you don't just spam reno on everyone, you use Heal too you know. And, people shouldn't rely on renov alone. Use POTS if necessary.

Priests should be able to heal a 5 man party in their sleep unless they're post aov players who hasn't done any dungeons/RHDs. come on really?

Edited by asabayou, 17 July 2014 - 01:53 PM.

#15 Cleftobismal

Cleftobismal

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 02:58 PM

other dps classes shouldnt take more damage than the tank/healer. dps classes only get hit when the lure comes in because threat hasn't gained by the tank or in raids when bosses do aoe/random player hit.  if that's the case then the priest or tank is -_-. you don't just spam reno on everyone, you use Heal too you know. And, people shouldn't rely on renov alone. Use POTS if necessary.

Priests should be able to heal a 5 man party in their sleep unless they're post aov players who hasn't done any dungeons/RHDs. come on really?

Then since your right, I propose renavatio to be removed. It's clear it's such a useless skill because I see no practical use for it since the dps are always going to be the perfect pt members, the tank will never encounter a small uh oh, and since everyone is always going to be overly geared (Never the Opposite). That skill needs to be replaced with something more useful then. Because clearly a stand still healing class like priest, doesn't need a sufficient (HOT) to help sustain their members. 

Edited by Cleftobismal, 17 July 2014 - 04:37 PM.

#16 asabayou

asabayou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 04:51 PM

Then since your right, I propose renavatio to be removed. It's clear it's such a useless skill because I see no practical use for it since the dps are always going to be the perfect pt members, the tank will never encounter a small uh oh, and since everyone is always going to be overly geared (Never the Opposite). That skill needs to be replaced with something more useful then. Because clearly a stand still healing class like priest, doesn't need a sufficient (HOT) to help sustain their members. 

????????/

my point was is that renovatio is fine as it is. it doesnt need to be buffed.  and you wanted the duration to last longer why 3k per tick for 12 secs will fill up their 30k hp..... btw i just saw u in woe and ur not a priest.

healing job in aov is not even challenging and your moaning how hard it is?

Edited by asabayou, 17 July 2014 - 04:56 PM.

#17 Cleftobismal

Cleftobismal

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 05:04 PM

????????/

my point was is that renovatio is fine as it is. it doesnt need to be buffed.  and you wanted the duration to last longer why 3k per tick for 12 secs will fill up their 30k hp..... btw i just saw u in woe and ur not a priest.

healing job in aov is not even challenging and your moaning how hard it is?

I thought this was a debate, not a cause for animosity and drama. Forgive me, I've over-estimated your maturity level.   I'll take my leave now. 

#18 kimsera

kimsera

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Locationhoodlyfe
  • Server:thuglyfe

Posted 19 July 2014 - 12:12 AM

During Lots, I believe Priests had a 600-800hp HoT from Reno when everyone was around 8-11k hp. Spamming reno on raids isn't going to negate a room-wide AoE, but I always try to top everyone off with it because every last tick helps.  You couldn't choose the amount of damage taken back (well you can with pots $_$ and refining armors was NOT NECESSARILY SUFFICIENTLY ENTERPRISING), but you have more freedom to do so now with selective luring, refining, and endless grinding. Which brings us to the next point.

Renovatio is fine if you have a decent refine on your weapon/offhand and/or when your tanks have a decent refine on their armors. And maybe if your DPS has a good refine on their weapons to make sure that creeps are dead before they switch aggro when a priest lands a aspersio+crit Highness Heal- that helps too!

If you don't chose to do that, well... I mean you can tone down the amount of mobs you lure if your party approaches grinding intelligently. It might not be optimum but its something. But once in a while your lurer with +20 gearset goes full retard and doesn't comply. Of course you can tell your party to "get good scrub", quit and maybe find a better party in the current state of the game lol.

#19 Lyssina

Lyssina

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 794 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 02:57 AM

The biggest issue is that a support class, supposedly the main support class, of this game, does more DPS than the DPS class, while still keeping themselves alive (100k+++ HH crit GG). That's no good. It is one of the main reasons why the classes are extremely unbalanced right now. Priest DPS needs to be nerfed. :v

#20 SolM77186

SolM77186

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • LocationFrance (Paris)

Posted 19 July 2014 - 03:34 AM

yep priest heal/dps need a nerf but trust me sorc need a BIG BIG nerf too their dps= stronger than ranger and wiz, it's really unfair, and their heal pff....talking about priest heal it's one thing but sorc heal are insame.

#21 Lyssina

Lyssina

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 794 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 04:59 AM

Yep, Fireball broke the mage classes; decrease the % of the DOT from Fireball. The only reason why sorc threat shoots to the top is because most sorcs max Fireball now, because of the OP DOT it gives, which added to the damage dealt. So Fireball damage + Fireball DoT + 2 nukes = high threat. Whereas before, sorcs only had JT and VS. However, JT and VS damages are fine. Those two skills should always do a great deal of damage because that's what sorcs are for, Burst Damage. Burst Damage = deadly sheet. And remember that mages do have horrible cast time, whereas most of the other classes do not. So while they're casting death, they're very vulnerable and can easily be killed :c Most players complain about the 1-shot, but that's not really new. Even pre-AoV, sorcs with good gears and runes have always been able to 1-shot other classes, ....besides tanks, in PvP situations. And my sorc used to overthreat rangers and wiz, and most of the other DPS classes during raids and parties, pre-AoV. But tbh I want to go back to my old build, fire sorc dun like T_T.

And Rangers got nerfed (made it easier for sorcs to overthreat them). I don't even know why. They didn't deserve the nerf. The only thing that deserved the nerfing was that DoT from Wedge. But they already fixed that ages ago, so I don't know why the devs are nerfing them even more. And Poison Shot should go back to how it was before >:V The nerf on PS was unnecessary -.-

I can't really say much for Wiz because, I've made one, but I didn't really go far with it. (No heals... no likey :v) But I do know that they should have the best AoE DPS out of all the classes. And that all the Wizards hate their class right now, but I don't really know.. why..  (D:) *goes off and reads Blu-Ray reports*

Sorc heals are "insane" only if they crit (Due to Meditation skill and high Accuracy). Normal heals aren't that unreasonable, especially with all of our HPs right now. Heal wave is crap so we go for Reju and Rejuvenation has always been a good heal skill. And besides, 40k-50k CRIT heals on one target are not nearly as insane as 100k++ CRIT heals on 5 people in the party.

Edited by Lyssina, 19 July 2014 - 05:13 AM.

#22 Cleftobismal

Cleftobismal

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 12:45 PM

All sorcerer discussion should go here. http://forums.warppo...-report-thread/

On a serious note, sorcerers are not stronger than wizards [Thanks to their Dragonology, better gear stats, and fire emblem. Sorcerers can get fire emblem by sacrificing quite a bite of their skill points] (I cant compare rangers). We just have a better chance in surviving PvP than a wizard. Our damage and hit rate is questionable, unless you allow yourself to get rekted with frost diver all the time. (I cant imagine any class other than rangers being unable to counter frost diver which is already half Sorcerers damage)   

Rather than nerfing any class at this point (Or asking to get OP'D), I really suggest we ask for a re balance on the gear and refinement system. It's what really messed AOV up. 

And guys stop assuming everyone can get +20 gears all at once. It's not that affordable.

Edited by Cleftobismal, 19 July 2014 - 12:48 PM.

#23 LordCrustyBoxers

LordCrustyBoxers

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 01:19 PM

Priests need to have their DOT's % reduced a bit and their stun skill needs need to be adjusted.

Priests are just way TO OP right now.

Pvp battles should not be 1st shot kills, it should last enough for a good fight.

Edited by LordCrustyBoxers, 20 July 2014 - 01:20 PM.

#24 Contact Support 001

Contact Support 001

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • Server:LOL

Posted 20 July 2014 - 08:22 PM

All sorcerer discussion should go here. http://forums.warppo...-report-thread/

On a serious note, sorcerers are not stronger than wizards [Thanks to their Dragonology, better gear stats, and fire emblem. Sorcerers can get fire emblem by sacrificing quite a bite of their skill points] (I cant compare rangers). We just have a better chance in surviving PvP than a wizard. Our damage and hit rate is questionable, unless you allow yourself to get rekted with frost diver all the time. (I cant imagine any class other than rangers being unable to counter frost diver which is already half Sorcerers damage)   

Rather than nerfing any class at this point (Or asking to get OP'D), I really suggest we ask for a re balance on the gear and refinement system. It's what really messed AOV up. 

And guys stop assuming everyone can get +20 gears all at once. It's not that affordable.

if you notice why it's always compare or assume all have +20 gears? well its so unrealistic and i cant rate my max potential/damage vs undergeared person. Our benchmark should be the highest right?

#25 Cleftobismal

Cleftobismal

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:10 PM

if you notice why it's always compare or assume all have +20 gears? well its so unrealistic and i cant rate my max potential/damage vs undergeared person. Our benchmark should be the highest right?

The point of balancing is to make sure people of all levels and gears are able to play the game without needing to be geared to the extent of +20. Unless you actually wish for their to be content for +20, High honed, P2W/Rich/Veterans Users (In which, the majority would disagree), that doesn't seem to be the best example in determining what's really op and not. 

Let me clarify a few things.  (And ill just be throwing numbers here with the curve of this game)

What is OP:

(I'm going to use priest here since everyone is familiar with the class)

Credo:

A & C have maxed the mentioned skill.

A has the LvL 45 set.

C has the LvL 70 Set.

Neither of them have any special enhancements such as elements, hones, seeds, refinement (+1~20) or even buffs. (Chef/Alch/Supportive Skill/Etc) 

A uses Credo on the dummy in arena. 

Credo strikes 13,000 per two seconds.

C also uses credo on a dummy.

Credo strikes 67,000 per Tic.

Both of these are not critical strikes.

What is wrong with this picture? The skill itself is over bearing in magic damage.

What is not op:

"A" strike's the dummy with Credo resulting 1,315 damage.

C strike's the dummy with Credo resulting 6,520 damage.

While C hulks a bunch of power with Credo only, "A" deals an acceptable (By the RO2 communities plea) ammount of damage. 

Where is the in-balance in this? The gear itself. 

Now let's see what happens when we nerf Credo [40% Deficiency] with this situation ^ present:

"A" strikes the dummy with Credo resulting  789 damage.

C strikes the dummy with Credo resulting  3912 damage.

A is now going to hopelessly cry his class is under powered and will persist in a buff.  While C is agreeing with the end game gear he has, its balanced.

Now if +20 refinement was added into the problem. Both cases would be considered OP. (Post Nerf)

The problem is, not everyone is blessed enough to get full blown +20 gears. And a game shouldn't be shifted on refinement to the point where you can be soloing bosses as a Soul Maker. (The squishiest class in the game from what I've looked into)   Or diving into fields where your class shouldn't be treading in heavily.

Example:

Mario: "Hey! Can I Join your Chaos party?"

XxSmexyStephxX: "Maybe! Whats your class?"

Mario: "Priest"

XxSmexyStephxX: "Can you DPS?"

Mario: "Yes! Not only do I have the damage potential to clear rooms by myself, I can also be your main and only healer!"

XxSmexyStephxX: "Okay your in!"

A knight can fit in this position to. ^ A class men't to control hate and damage can also dive out big numbers, [Really Well!] rivaling:  Wizard/Assasin/Rogue.  Now there are such thing as battle priests and knights in mmo's (Usually named Renegades) who just stick to pure dpsing.  However, that would mean their support/tank potential falls off on the deep end.   No way should a mmo introduce a mechanic to let a Tank take all the bosses in the game while also DPS'ing like a super saiyen, and allowing an main healing class dish out heal bombs to keep a party up while reaping the field like a nuclear warhead in three dimensions. D;

Or if you wanna hear the sad truth. (Again I'm using this class since everyone seems to be familiar with it)

LukaIsHawt: "Hey need someone to tank those 25 mobs for you in osiris?"

SugarMama: "Great! What's your class?"

LukaIsHawt: "Priest"

SugarMama: "Okay let me tell party leader to send invite. =)"

30xbfd1.jpg

Please guy's, after reading this. Do any of you still think it's a good idea to be messing with the Monks, Soulmakers, Priests, Sorcerer, Wizards, Rogues, Assasin, Knight, Warriors, Beastmaster,  Crecentia and Rangers skill's right now? Do you guys honestly believe the way the equipment's are balanced now it's not the majority of the problem? Is this really not the bigger picture? Don't you guys wish to see one of your fun (If not favorite) game be much more enjoyable and have no class balance issues at all?  Why do we need to cut the buds, instead of the roots of the problem? I cant fathom a community disregarding it's weaker/under-geared/unprivileged players. Why do they have to go through thousands of hell while we can live the easy life? It shouldn't be that way, even to work/build for it. 

This is just my overall proposal for Every Ragnarok Online 2 Advent of Valkyrie Classes. Not just Priests and Sorcerers. 

Edited by Cleftobismal, 20 July 2014 - 09:31 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users