Upcoming changes on Trade Mechanics & Policies - Page 3 - Event Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Upcoming changes on Trade Mechanics & Policies

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
378 replies to this topic

#51 lovileva

lovileva

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 120 posts
  • LocationSweden
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis, Aura

Posted 14 June 2014 - 02:41 AM

How about the Priest Clothes for an ex, will they become Account Bount? 

I'm so confused about this :( 

Edited by lovileva, 14 June 2014 - 02:42 AM.

#52 borgahutt

borgahutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1317 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:18 AM

i dont see any reasoning behind any of this, its fine how it is and to be honest it seems like time spent on this which seems pointless imo could of been used on something else or releasing the new storage or something.

there is no reason, to account bound costumes... no reason to account bound GEAR... and there is NO problem with how it is at the moment and to keep the same things account bound which are now.

ive spoke to many people in game and none of them are understanding any reason behind all this or why its been chosen to be like this... especially for the fact of switching gears to different chars as not everyone has tons of zulie to be able to max gear out every char and to be honest it limits the new people joining the game when gearing up characters. and also for vendors it will just ruin that part of the game and mess the economy even more as for alot of people vending is a great aspect of rose and people love it, its a simple but great thing of rose

#53 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:21 AM

Well, they did say none of this was set in stone. I am neutral on this for the moment.

#54 cloud1221

cloud1221

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:40 AM

Totally disagree i have 8 champs 8 knights and i am using them for dungeons and they are sharing the same armors/accesories/weapon/costume. I wonder how many days or months that i will able to complete each of their gears? maybe not...  :angry:

#55 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:48 AM

I hate trading myself, so I gear my dungeon characters and farming characters separately.

#56 Cortiz

Cortiz

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationJunon
  • Server:Aura

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:50 AM

i like this idea  :D

but i rather dont have this change at all

To be Honest I think this would be a good thought in the right direction, on the other hand it's not the way to go with various items.

In my personal opinion it would have a good effect on epics, and some of the more expensive items that exists with only one Item ID number.

If for example I would have to unbound a Uniques and or a Epic for a 100 valor points whitch is easy to get and worth it in my opinion.

(But how will you do this for the low levels like 10-100, to those that can't join a dungeon to get there valor points)

I can't however say the same thing for the lucky spin costumes and armors.
Most costumes exists with 4 or more parts and it would cost a fortune to unbound them
(Unless you make it so that you can put the costume in some sort of box and unbound it then, This would also solve the problem with vending the costumes in seperate parts)

Just make the un-binder tickets tradable/vendable/giftable   

This might solve the binding problem, only if done right

I think this is a terrible system, people dislike items being bound to characters especially when they have multiple accounts.

Very true..... but you can only play one char at a time..... Unless you are a botter,  right????

Edited by Cortiz, 14 June 2014 - 03:53 AM.

#57 Ahya

Ahya

Mage Representative

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:16 AM

If you are owning an epic weaphon you shouldn't have a problem to get 100 valor points....run 2-3 dungeons and you got enoth points to simply buy the coupon....

I was refering to complete newbies, who are lower than lvl 200, and who don't have the option to run dungeons for that reason.

It's that simple: if you got an item which is considered to be valuable you most likely got an option to get a coupon, if the item isn't valuable enoth for you (but you still want to give it to someone) - choose the NPC option.

@angeltje:

by equipping i mean using the item in the avatar/costume tab.

What if it was a farmer character who shares gears with other farming characters? Wouldn't it be amusingly dumb to get +15 PvM gears for each and every one, when you could transfer instead? Not all lowbie characters use NPC gears that can undergo the unbind process from NPC services (the one that reduces dura by half). And not everyone's got the money and resources to gear all those lowbies one by one. It would be completely impractical to buy +15 PvM gears only to throw them after it gets out of your level range (using a low level item in place of one that is at your level).

I read earlier that making multiple characters means having the means of gearing them all. What if I had tight hands on money and instead transferred items round, wouldn't that force me to buy stuff from Valor Shop or IM? It wouldn't be an option to undergo the NPC Dura-killing Unbind process. Not everyone doesn't mind the durability on low level items like you.

I see no wrong thing with the current system for it to require this seriously not thoroughly thought-out possible update. As Valakas have said, I hope WP would be open to the possible withdrawal of the idea of the update, and the possible update as a whole. And if ever there is something wrong with the current system, what is it and why does it require this specific update, which in my, and others' opinion, moves so close to "Pay to win" in ROSE?

#58 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee
  • Server:Arua

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:17 AM

To be Honest I think this would be a good thought in the right direction, on the other hand it's not the way to go with various items.

In my personal opinion it would have a good effect on epics, and some of the more expensive items that exists with only one Item ID number.

If for example I would have to unbound a Uniques and or a Epic for a 100 valor points whitch is easy to get and worth it in my opinion.

(But how will you do this for the low levels like 10-100, to those that can't join a dungeon to get there valor points)

I can't however say the same thing for the lucky spin costumes and armors.
Most costumes exists with 4 or more parts and it would cost a fortune to unbound them
(Unless you make it so that you can put the costume in some sort of box and unbound it then, This would also solve the problem with vending the costumes in seperate parts)

This might solve the binding problem, only if done right

Very true..... but you can only play one char at a time..... Unless you are a botter,  right????

lol i use more then one acc at one time to switch gears and get gears and do quests making stuff char bound would be like hell and expensive to get it all to my main and to lowbies

#59 WH0MP

WH0MP

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:18 AM

To me this sounds like a kick in the face. I bought the spin costumes last month, nowhere it said these high extra exp and droprates are only for the month they are active. Was a nasty surprise. And now, if this change is implemented, costumes I buy from Item Mall can't even be traded to use on another character! Again, I bought something only to be kicked in the face later. I would have to buy unbound tickets to trade costumes across the 3 chars I level together..(which will probably far exceed the costs of the costumes itself, like with dissassemble coupons)

You cannot make changes like this mid-game, also, rose is not a game for such changes. Most people play multiple characters. On games like guild wars it is used to protect the economy, you only use 1 account there because it is illegal to even play 2.

ROSE attracts me for its open-ness, this is a bad change and would have a much larger impact than you might think.

#60 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:42 AM

What if it was a farmer character who shares gears with other farming characters? Wouldn't it be amusingly dumb to get +15 PvM gears for each and every one, when you could transfer instead? Not all lowbie characters use NPC gears that can undergo the unbind process from NPC services (the one that reduces dura by half). And not everyone's got the money and resources to gear all those lowbies one by one. It would be completely impractical to buy +15 PvM gears only to throw them after it gets out of your level range (using a low level item in place of one that is at your level).

I read earlier that making multiple characters means having the means of gearing them all. What if I had tight hands on money and instead transferred items round, wouldn't that force me to buy stuff from Valor Shop or IM? It wouldn't be an option to undergo the NPC Dura-killing Unbind process. Not everyone doesn't mind the durability on low level items like you.

Where are you forced to use (+15) gears for lvling or farming? The desicion wether you want to use max refined gears on a lvl is completely on you.

You are also at no point forced to actually get the Valor/IM tickets, you only might consider it if you are already using +15 gears, which indicates that you are strong enoth to earn valor.

Just because the games allows having an unlimited ammount of chars it doesn't mean that it has to support it. Why should the game stay easy because some people decide to have multiple chars?

The "zulie" idea, was aiming for real newbies, not low lvl gears. A newbie won't have a (15) weaphon, he loots a weaphon, maybe refines it to (5) and lvls with it, at this point dura doesn't matter.

#61 Ahya

Ahya

Mage Representative

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:00 AM

Where are you forced to use (+15) gears for lvling or farming? The desicion wether you want to use max refined gears on a lvl is completely on you.

You are also at no point forced to actually get the Valor/IM tickets, you only might consider it if you are already using +15 gears, which indicates that you are strong enoth to earn valor.

Just because the games allows having an unlimited ammount of chars it doesn't mean that it has to support it. Why should the game stay easy because some people decide to have multiple chars?

The "zulie" idea, was aiming for real newbies, not low lvl gears. A newbie won't have a (15) weaphon, he loots a weaphon, maybe refines it to (5) and lvls with it, at this point dura doesn't matter.

The decision may be on us to use max refined gears on a level. And at no point are we forced to get Valor/IM tickets. But then again, since by your words we are strong enough to earn valor, how can we do dungeon runs at those low levels when none at all are going? Those items are character locked, we cannot use our max level chars for it. Anyone staying at low level to be available when someone needs a low level dungeon to go? None.

#62 Dusk1PS

Dusk1PS

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1355 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:02 AM

No, you can actually play multiple characters at one time. I've actually alt+tab two characters at once very easily between two champs in Union War(back when we had it, RIP Union War).

Again, I'll say this is a terrible idea. I play Ragnarok Online 2 which has this system basically in place and I hate it, I would prefer to send my stuff between characters without needing to make it "unbinded". I have played many other MMORPGs and competitors to ROSE who also use this system and the communities always have always hated being restricted.

ROSE has the luxury of not having a strict trading system which allows for a free economy which people enjoy more. So again, no to this idea, just leave it as it is and focus on what NEEDS to be done.

Edited by Dusk1PS, 14 June 2014 - 05:07 AM.

#63 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:07 AM

The decision may be on us to use max refined gears on a level. And at no point are we forced to get Valor/IM tickets. But then again, since by your words we are strong enough to earn valor, how can we do dungeon runs at those low levels when none at all are going? Those items are character locked, we cannot use our max level chars for it. Anyone staying at low level to be available when someone needs a low level dungeon to go? None.

Even if you decide to use (15) gears on an account you arn't planning to get maxed, and if you decide that you don't want to have these gears on the account anymore, and if you don't want to invest IM points, even then you can earn valor points.

You don't have to run dungeons to earn valor, there are quests which give valor too.

Edited by SlowBob, 14 June 2014 - 05:10 AM.

#64 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:44 AM

How about the Priest Clothes for an ex, will they become Account Bount? 

I'm so confused about this :(

If they go ahead with this as it is on Pegasus, I think it will work like this. If you have the item already equipped, then yes it will be bound. If you don't, then it won't bind until you equip it.

#65 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:45 AM

Alright, I just want to go on the record for this one, so when my friends are complaining about the things I predict later in the year--I can point back and be like..Look, I warned them. 

Its a great idea---for new game. I think its a little too late to implement this, unless you start implementing it on gear that comes out in the *future.*  But doing it on the stuff that was released however long ago? When active, I very rarely buy anything that was account bound or character bound--storage being one of those reasons, but another being--I don't want to buy 12 copies of it.

One of the most complained about things(as you can probably see already) is going to be the costume thing.  I store all my costumes on one character because she uses them the most, but dress all my characters from that storage.  Not being able to do this readily is just one less reason to log in--and believe me I'm running out of those reasons quickly(look at my login record now versus my login record over a year ago..).  If this is because you guys need another way to make real life money, I'd be happy to make some wonderful, cheap suggestions for you that would get the money rolling.  While I appreciate that the coupons will be available in the valor shop, that doesn't make me want to do the dungeons.. I don't enjoy the dungeons more than once every (insert large amount of time here). 

The economy.  This would have been wonderful for the economy from the get go, but now its just going to raise prices unreasonably.  For as long as you have neglected the in-game economy, this is going to make it worse.  You're going to make it harder for new players to get started without the help of old.  Well, unless someone tells them to start with a cleric first--because the points they get in the game Arena are easy to come by.  If you're assuming that this will help regulate the economy(What I assume you are doing this for, as well as a little side income for the game--reasonable assumptions), I wouldn't tell you that you are wrong--however, the length of time it would take to help regulate the economy is going to drive away more of your customers.  And as there are less customers the economy will worsen and likely have a different effect from what you were hoping for.  What this will do is drive up the price of gear higher as people struggle to gear their other characters--some people like to switch gear between characters because they are unable to afford the growing prices one needs to properly gear a character(my, I'm sure some people are probably really thankful buffsets are gone now because of those prices).  This is one of those things in game development that could be a good Tragedy of the Commons example.  For those who don't know what tragedy of the commons is--Its an economics theory(often used in game theory and among actual real-world economical things). Applied to game theory,  its the idea that every individual is going to act in their own best interest(rather rationally and understandably, not saying they are being greedy or jerks).  If only one person does it, its whatever, but once you have the masses doing it it starts to greatly effect the ecosystem.. In this case, the rose-online economy.  So, it won't be beyond the developers in direct fault other than implementing something like this while the economy is already messed up, but the players are going to do exactly what should be expected.  Without going into terrible detail, because I know plenty of you are intelligent enough to fill in the blanks, prices will go up for a while--more players will drop---prices might eventually go down, but not within a reasonable amount of time, more players will drop, junon will become more vacant(I know I've been crying for that wolf for a while..but I notice more people are starting to notice it now..hmm--weird right?).

My plea--Please stop making rose online like other games.  If they wanted to play these other games, they would.  I *used* to play this game because it had that whole nostalgic feeling to it.    Can't say I'd have those feelings about rose now--had I come back a few years later from when I started again, I wouldn't have stayed beyond maxing my character and would have migrated earlier to another game. 

Edit: Had another thought, I also switch gear between characters to test new builds.  How expensive it would get to have to buy unbind coupons for each character every time I want to switch.. Not worth the hassle if you ask me. 

Edited by NamirBarades, 14 June 2014 - 05:48 AM.

#66 TazDeviL01

TazDeviL01

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • Server:Mighty Draco

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:46 AM

I dont like the Bound on Equip thing coz unlike other players im not rich in gears and zulie. I usually transfer my gear to other characacter ones i dont have game energy and use the gears to the new character. That is the gameplay Im using during the few months on Rose. I usually tend to transfer any old costume to my other characters too.

#67 Valakas

Valakas

Community Member of the Month for April

• Members
  • 817 posts
  • LocationThere! *points somewhere*
  • Server:Draconis & Odin

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:47 AM

i agree with a lot of your points, but this one....meh

If a player thinks that he is capable of playing on multiple accounts he should be capable of gearing each one too. It can't be that you get your lowbie set once and use it to lvl your next few dozend chars....

To support newbies however they could come up with a solution like an unbind coupon at the smith which unbinds your weaphon but reduces it's durability by halfe at the same time.

I disagree with the bold part bob. 

It may be one of the way of looking at things to say what you said there as bold-ed , but there are also other reasons why players do that. Let us all face this, Rose Online is now at its end game phase and we have an incomplete game at hand. We have 4 planets out of intended 7 and many more features that now only exist in our imagination. Other than Game Arena , Vending, chatting, spamming dance scrolls , etc , there isn't actually much to do now in the game. Making new characters to play other classes is part of the journey now in Rose Online, Its sad but it is true. More than half of the players leveling now are veteran players playing new characters. If this system is implemented, the figure will drop significantly and the leveling spots would be more deserted than before. New players would come in and give up half way after failing to establish a reliable long running party for leveling session. The bigger question behind this update and the risk that comes with it is, is it really worth taking this risk ? 

To even think about having different sets for other characters would be out of the question. In Draconis, a 100 dura FV +15 now cost at least 7-8b. This is Draconis I am talking about. Imagine the Impact it would have to other starting players when veteran players themselves are suffering from the rising cost due to lack of king farmers these days. To be very honest, there may be a few good things that comes with this new system, but it doesn't mean the existing system now is bad or if it requires such adjustment at all. The collateral damage this new system would do to the population and environment of the game is far more severe than any positive outcome that could encourage the otherwise. 

While Shaz mentioned to us to be logical, I sincerely ask for us all to also be realistic. 

#68 DrakeClaw

DrakeClaw

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:56 AM

I would like to know if the Unbind ticket will work on account bound Mounts, such as Dragons... Bone Spiders.. .. ok it's not so important, but just out of cusiority. :)

#69 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:01 AM

i cant gear my lowbies without my cleric getting their gear first :/

#70 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:22 AM

i cant gear my lowbies without my cleric getting their gear first :/

Well seeing as you can't even do a dungeon until level 120, although valor gears come as low as level 50, wouldn't you have needed to use a higher level character to farm them for you anyway? Crafted gears will still be tradeable, along with most of the other stuff.

#71 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:25 AM

I disagree with the bold part bob. 

It may be one of the way of looking at things to say what you said there as bold-ed , but there are also other reasons why players do that. Let us all face this, Rose Online is now at its end game phase and we have an incomplete game at hand. We have 4 planets out of intended 7 and many more features that now only exist in our imagination. Other than Game Arena , Vending, chatting, spamming dance scrolls , etc , there isn't actually much to do now in the game. Making new characters to play other classes is part of the journey now in Rose Online, Its sad but it is true. More than half of the players leveling now are veteran players playing new characters. If this system is implemented, the figure will drop significantly and the leveling spots would be more deserted than before. New players would come in and give up half way after failing to establish a reliable long running party for leveling session. The bigger question behind this update and the risk that comes with it is, is it really worth taking this risk ? 

To even think about having different sets for other characters would be out of the question. In Draconis, a 100 dura FV +15 now cost at least 7-8b. This is Draconis I am talking about. Imagine the Impact it would have to other starting players when veteran players themselves are suffering from the rising cost due to lack of king farmers these days. To be very honest, there may be a few good things that comes with this new system, but it doesn't mean the existing system now is bad or if it requires such adjustment at all. The collateral damage this new system would do to the population and environment of the game is far more severe than any positive outcome that could encourage the otherwise. 

While Shaz mentioned to us to be logical, I sincerely ask for us all to also be realistic. 

• It's not always about the ammount of veterans lvling, not using (15) gears will slow them down, means they are more likely to stay longer on a lvling spot = they are more likely to lvl with some newbies.
  • This would make them more "equal" to newbies during lvling, means they would more likely lvl with them, instead of outlvling them immediatly.
  • Due to the "item drain" effect some items might get more expensive, but let's face it, it will mainly effect low lvl gears, noone will dump his FV if he can make 7-8b out of it, just by investing 100 honor points, however, the increased need of low lvl gears would be the interesting part, the mats would become more expensive, which gives players the ability to earn more money through farming.
  • By crafting and selling low lvl gears new artis would have a chance to earn some zulies too, right now, since no items are draining, noone ever buys low lvl crafts (since the majority already got 1 single (15) set, not more needed)
  • Manipulating the market would be harder too (you'll have a hard time buying up all rares and pushing the price that way)

Considering these points i came to the conclusion that this would actually be a positive update for lowbies, veterans however, have it harder to play in "god mode".

A zulie drain alone won't fix the market, there has to be an item drain too.

Even if the prices go up, it wouldn't be necessarily a bad thing, it would actually have a positive effect once a zulie drain gets implemented.

Please correct me if i did miss something.

Edited by SlowBob, 14 June 2014 - 06:29 AM.

#72 lolmetimbers89

lolmetimbers89

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:36 AM

This is really frustrating to see. I see no reason why the current system should be changed this drastically other than trying to sell your new IM Unbound item coupon to make more money. This will bork the economy, community and gameplay even more. You already borked the economy to absolute hell by making endgame farming being less rewarding and in many cases pointless with the introduction of certain IM items. So why? If hypothetically, the IM store and this coupon you want to introduce did not exist at all, would you even consider implementing this system? I would say probably not.

Which item types will be affected by these changes?

• Most Item Mall consumable items will continue to be Tradeable.

This just says to me, continue buying IM consumables such as rerolls so you can sell it and gain zulie with no restriction. Buy our new unbind coupon and sell it to others for profit. We encourage you do to so, there is even a guide on the forums. If you wanted to fix the economy you should be doing the complete opposite and account binding these items instead or making them drop from monsters so farming is actually viable again.

• Most Mounts will become Account Bound on Use.  There are a couple of exceptions to this, such as mounts obtained from starter packages, which will be Character Locked.

This doesn't change that much given most mounts are already like this. Yet this will still present problems in vending or trading mounts. Remember the christmas event? People loved to collect the reindeers and sell them. I myself continue to use the reindeer on multiple characters because it is tradeable and have even given some to friends for free. If you restrict mounts to account bound and you kill another part of the fun and community of rose.

• Most Item Mall equipment and Lucky Spin costumes will become Account Bound on Equip.

On one hand this will reduce item flooding of IM equipment, however, on the other hand it just promotes buying this new unbind coupon instead. I think people buying lucky spin have the right to equip their gear across multiple characters freely - in most cases this will be cross account trading. They are after all gambling to even get an item...more on equipment below...

• Most Monster Dropped, Dungeon Dropped, Crafted, Valor and Honor equipment will become Character Bound on Equip.

Terrible. I really hope this one does not go through. With people having multiple accounts, multiple characters to pvm/pvp and wanting to lend others gear this one is a real killer. How lame it would be to not be able to lend your best friend some of your old gear because it was untradeable or cost an arm or leg to unbind it. You can't resell your gear either without unbinding which kills vending and the economy.

Imagine as a noob you bought a cheap lvl 80 hardened staff (10) for 1mil, you use it until you outgrow it and then want to resell it to help another noob. But you can't. It was bind on equip. Futhermore, if you wanted to sell it, it would not even be worth it since buying an unbind coupon or spending 100 valor would make you lose money. What happens to this item then? It goes in your storage to collect dust or is even sold for nothing to an NPC =_= Really

This brings me to the final point of cost. These items, not matter how expensive or cheap will cost IM or 100 valor. It really just feels like another restriction on the game which you have to circumvent by paying real money or earning valor. Furthermore, having valor as a cost (especially at 100 points each) is a terrible system as not all people like PvM or doing dungeons. Why would you force players who are not interested in valor to do PvM content? A lot of people play for PvP, to vend and get rich or just play with friends. Furthermore, only high levels will be able to unbind items with valor since it is very slow to get at low levels. Why would a newbie spend valor on unbinding an item when they could use it to buy PvM gear to help them level? They wouldn't because it is illogical since the cost does not justify the purchase to unbind an item. Thus they can't resell stuff that is bound and are forced to either wait until they can earn easy valor (if they like PvM) or........................spend IM for an unbound coupon.

HOW THIS SYSTEM COULD WORK 

Endgame gear that can ONLY be obtained through completing certain requirements. This could work well for new PvM/PvP gear where you can only obtain the best gear by participating on that charatcer.

e.g - getting a PvP costume with stats that is character bound by completing 100 CDs or killing 100 people. This type of system promotes activity and gameplay. People have a goal to strive for and obtain and cannot just buy their way in instantly. 

or Obtaining a new skill/emote/item that is character/account bound by completing a certain number of dungeons or quests. Getting a dungeon exclusive pet/toy weapon would even be cool.

- Moving the game away from Pay to success/win by allowing IM items to be accessible to everyone. Aforementioned, making things like rerolls/stat reset/skill reset/teleport scrolls to droptables will allow PvM farming to be rewarding. Ofc, these dropped items should be rare character/account bind on acquire to prevent influencing IM sales too much. But it will reduce the disparity.

Edit: And cmon, fix the 10% general passives already. Allow them to drop and be sold so everyone can have access. These passives are the biggest Pay2Win item you have in the game.

Edited by lolmetimbers89, 14 June 2014 - 06:58 AM.

#73 lovileva

lovileva

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 120 posts
  • LocationSweden
  • Server:Leonis, Aura

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:37 AM

If they go ahead with this as it is on Pegasus, I think it will work like this. If you have the item already equipped, then yes it will be bound. If you don't, then it won't bind until you equip it.

Ah, okey

#74 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:39 AM

While Bind on Acquire exists, there are actually very few items that use it at the moment.  Most of the items you encounter would be either Bind on Equip or Bind on Use, which allow you to move the item around between characters or accounts before using the item, and only after it is used will it become bound to that character or account.  As a farmer, this should have minimal impact to your ability to sell or trade items.

When referring to changes to monster dropped items, it specifically mentioned equipment.  Most monster dropped materials will continue to be freely tradeable.   I have updated the opening post to make it clearer.

Edited by Genesis, 14 June 2014 - 06:49 AM.

#75 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:43 AM

• It's not always about the ammount of veterans lvling, not using (15) gears will slow them down, means they are more likely to stay longer on a lvling spot = they are more likely to lvl with some newbies.
  • This would make them more "equal" to newbies during lvling, means they would more likely lvl with them, instead of outlvling them immediatly.
  • Due to the "item drain" effect some items might get more expensive, but let's face it, it will mainly effect low lvl gears, noone will dump his FV if he can make 7-8b out of it, just by investing 100 honor points, however, the increased need of low lvl gears would be the interesting part, the mats would become more expensive, which gives players the ability to earn more money through farming.
  • By crafting and selling low lvl gears new artis would have a chance to earn some zulies too, right now, since no items are draining, noone ever buys low lvl crafts (since the majority already got 1 single (15) set, not more needed)
  • Manipulating the market would be harder too (you'll have a hard time buying up all rares and pushing the price that way)

Considering these points i came to the conclusion that this would actually be a positive update for lowbies, veterans however, have it harder to play in "god mode".

A zulie drain alone won't fix the market, there has to be an item drain too.

Even if the prices go up, it wouldn't be necessarily a bad thing, it would actually have a positive effect once a zulie drain gets implemented.

Please correct me if i did miss something.

--My leveling gear isnt 15'd. I sometimes just 8 whatever I get off the ground and use that for a while.  I am still able to out level a newbie because I know what I'm doing and where to go

--while I usually help boost a newbie by lending them/giving them some of my gear, this would make me unable to do that--Ergo, Im going to outlevel them and say 'good luck' rather than 'here try this.'

--Again, the only thing that this is going to effect me in leveling is weapon, gem set, and costume bonuses. I can do without the bonuses, weapon I can pick up off the ground and just gem with whatever I get..and same with the gem set-- I make those up all the time when I level.. throw a level V gem in them, buy the set off a npc.. Problem solved. 

--I still wouldn't buy low level crafts because there is nothing special about them to entice me to have them.  I do buy valor gears sometimes though, those are far superior now for leveling, dont require mats, and usually I can get a set for doing one dungeon.  Quick, easy, painless..still something that wouldn't benefit those new players we have few and far between.     

--Manipulating the market will be easier.  Less people will bother selling some of their older things.. so If someone really wanted to pay those extra fees they could really play the market. 

My Conclusion: You're far too optimistic. 

Edited by NamirBarades, 14 June 2014 - 06:49 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook (1)