Upcoming changes on Trade Mechanics & Policies - Page 2 - Event Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Upcoming changes on Trade Mechanics & Policies

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
378 replies to this topic

#26 kumpiakot

kumpiakot

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:draconis

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:15 PM

Nope, mats arn't effected, same goes for NPC gears and so on.

Mainly armours and weaphons are effected (atleast as far as i could see).

Most Monster Dropped, Dungeon Dropped, Crafted, Valor and Honor equipment will become Character Bound on Equip

did i read this incorrectly?

Edited by kumpiakot, 13 June 2014 - 10:19 PM.

#27 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:43 PM

Most Monster Dropped, Dungeon Dropped, Crafted, Valor and Honor equipment will become Character Bound on Equip

did i read this incorrectly?

I think they phrased it wrong, according to pegasus (and that's what should go live) it's like that:

• Mats don't have any restrictions.
  • Dropped gift boxes (like jewelery boxes, dirtys and so on) don't have any restrictions.
  • NPC gears / food / pots don't have any restrictions.
  • Dropped armours and weaphons will get character bound once you use them.
  • Valor and Honor armours will get character bound once you use them.

To me this doesn't look too bad, if someone focuses on trading he can still do it, he just can't equip the gears in the meantime. Selling loots works fine too.

I hope it will finally fix the "gears issue". The main point the update seems to have is to drown some gears out of the game.

For gears the same thing goes like for zulies, their number increases but they do rarely disappear (most people who quit pass their zulies together with their gears to their friends).

That, along with the zulies, is the main issue of the market right now.

In my opinion the effect of the update will be that farming and crafting will be a way more valuable again. It will especially support low lvl crafters.

Edited by SlowBob, 13 June 2014 - 10:46 PM.

#28 jovu

jovu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:01 PM

Bound Items

Many items may initially be tradable/vendable/giftable/droppable/etc, however a few actions may cause an item to become bound to the character or account that used the item in some way.

Bind on Equip

• An item will become bound to the character or account when an equipment or costume item is equipped into an equipment or costume slot.  This is typically applied to equipment items.
  • Typically displayed on the item tooltip as Character Bound on Equip or Account Bound on Equip.

Bind on Use

• An item will become bound to the character or account when an item is used or consumed.  This behavior is typically applied to consumable items and mounts.
  • Typically displayed on the item tooltip as Character Bound on Use or Account Bound on Use.

Bind on Acquire

• An item will become bound to the character or account when an item is obtained through any means, resulting in the item being placed into the character's inventory. (e.g. picking up an item, purchasing from an NPC store, etc).
  • Typically displayed on the item tooltip as Character Bound on Acquire or Account Bound on Acquire.

I think they phrased it wrong, according to pegasus (and that's what should go live) it's like that:

• Mats don't have any restrictions.
  • Dropped gift boxes (like jewelery boxes, dirtys and so on) don't have any restrictions.
  • NPC gears / food / pots don't have any restrictions.
  • Dropped armours and weaphons will get character bound once you use them.
  • Valor and Honor armours will get character bound once you use them.

hi Bob, 

Appreciated your explanation, although I will not have same opinion with you about these changes, but I really hope what you mean it is true that Mats will not be affected. :ok:

But what you explain is "Bind on Equip" and "Bind on Use" , I understand about it as long as you don't wear it, it can still be selling. 
What about "
Bind on Acquire" category items? What are them? I just hope ShazamO and Genesis will make it clear to us. Because this part "Bind on Acquire...........(e.g. picking up an item, purchasing from an NPC store, etc)"  sound scary to farmers and newbies. :p_swt:  

#29 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:19 PM

hi Bob, 

Appreciated your explanation, although I will not have same opinion with you about these changes, but I really hope what you mean it is true that Mats will not be affected. :ok:

But what you explain is "Bind on Equip" and "Bind on Use" , I understand about it as long as you don't wear it, it can still be selling. 
What about "
Bind on Acquire" category items? What are them? I just hope ShazamO and Genesis will make it clear to us. Because this part "Bind on Acquire...........(e.g. picking up an item, purchasing from an NPC store, etc)"  sound scary to farmers and newbies. :p_swt:  

I browsed through the NPC shops in junon and checked the gears/mats in my inv & storage, i didn't find any item of the "Bind on Acquire" category.

I assume we are save :P

#30 Valakas

Valakas

Community Member of the Month for April

• Members
  • 817 posts
  • LocationThere! *points somewhere*
  • Server:Draconis & Odin

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:25 PM

As most of you gals and guys of ROSE Online know, the Database update is almost done with it's bug testing. We already went over the Storage Expansion Coupon changes and appreciated your feedback. With the changes coming to Trade Mechanics & the Policies that encompass them... we know we are going to have a few negative responses to them. We understand and we want to hear your feedback regarding it just as we did in the past. So keep an open mind Roserians~

Why?! Why!?!?!??!11111

This update to the trade restriction system aims to both simplify the meaning of each restriction type and their behaviors, to ensure that players know what to expect when doing something with an item, and to usher in new gameplay constraints that encourage players to consider how they acquire and use items obtained in the game.

We understand that imposing stricter requirements may be be a jarring notion to the community, and as such we set out to ensure these restrictions would not be imposed without a means to alleviate them (within reason, and with a little effort on your part), which is why we hope that the introduction of a new item which temporarily alleviates restrictions can be deemed an acceptable counter to these changes.

We hope that you will approach these changes wtih an open mind and consider the advantages and potential from the update, and not just the changes that are considered "more restrictive" than previously.

Shaz, we'd need more information on how these changes will be implemented, we also need a specific list of items and how they will be affected by the change. I would also like to know the reason why such idea even existed ? What isn't working well in the system now that we need these changes to amend? If there is a good reason why we need this, I think WP should be open to us all now and share it out. Is this a condition before a certain "Huge" scale additional content is possible ? Because from your question asking for our feedback in your post, it seems to me that WP is asking us how we would feel about the effect of such changes and then to "Adjust"  the changes accordingly and not to ask us if it is a really good idea to proceed with it or not. Though the changes are not yet confirmed in their scale, but I assume it is safe to take it that WP will implement this system nevertheless , sooner or later right ? We really need to know why before we consider if such changes are even worth us going through at all. 

Which item types will be affected by these changes?

• Most Item Mall consumable items will continue to be Tradeable.
  • Most Mounts will become Account Bound on Use.  There are a couple of exceptions to this, such as mounts obtained from starter packages, which will be Character Locked.
  • Most Item Mall equipment and Lucky Spin costumes will become Account Bound on Equip.
  • Most Monster Dropped, Dungeon Dropped, Crafted, Valor and Honor equipment will become Character Bound on Equip.

There are a few issues here that requires VERY  SERIOUS consideration.  

LUCKY SPIN & Item mall Equipment.

"Most Item mall equipment and Lucky Spin costumes will become Account bound on Equip."

I oppose this one strongly. As a paying customer for those Lucky Spin costumes, I believe we do have the right to transfer those costume within our own registered accounts. Sometimes we wear a costume set on our main account and decide that we might want to let our lower character in another account have it. Sometimes we just like the idea to wear those costumes on our other account for other leisure reason. Yes Leisure reason is very important, Rose is a game and logic tells us that we are here for maximum fun , companionship and freedom to do certain things. We cannot be spinning more of the same costume set just to accommodate our other accounts because we don't know when we will use them yet. ( And we all know it ain't easy to collect a full set from the lucky spin ) . 

By Item mall equipment, do this only cover the already existing restriction on IM weapons? Or this also means other items like face mask, wings, etc ? If so, WP must understand that some of these items in the Item Mall are used as part of a player's battle set in Rose Online. By imposing this restriction, it also means that a player can no longer share their IM equipment once equipped. Wouldn't this indirectly forces players to buy more IM point ? How is this in line with WP's "To move away from Pay 2 Win " goal  ? 

Most Monster Dropped, Dungeon Dropped, Crafted, Valor and Honor equipment will become Character Bound on Equip.

Another serious concern here. If this goes ahead, it will definitely become a game killer for Rose. Here is a fact of our In-Game environment now. 

Most of the time , we manage to acquire other pieces of equipment and weapons that we need  by trading for them with our used weapons or equipment. Implementing this will forbid such trade from going on. Lets face it, no one is impressed or felt compensated here with the fact that there is a new  100 Valor point cost "Status reversal" for the item. These items are sometimes used on our leveling characters and when that character reaches a certain level, most of the time we would want to trade these equipment to our other new character to use. Also if a farmer today manage to find himself a Dura 90 "Epic" weapon from his hunt, he may also want to trade that epic off or change his weapon of choice when he manage to farm another Dura 100 "Epic" tomorrow.  

All the classes will be affected by this new system if implemented. A Mage and a Cleric shares almost the same set of gear in PVP scenario , if WP do this now, we will have to sacrifice the other character or go spend 100 valor on the "Unbind" thing just to reverse "One piece" of the gear at one time. If I sacrificed my Cleric now and keep them for my Mage, I'd have to re-work on these equipment by farming for them in GA, and to do that without the gears? I believe you all understand where this is going. The same goes to other classes. 

Conclusion. 
In conclusion if you ask me, I'd say that such changes as proposed are not thought through carefully enough. It would restrict us from enjoying one of the best thing in Rose, which is free trading. The right and ability to trade or share our items with our other characters or friends. Rose Online is one of the FEW mmos where its in-game population are blessed with the opportunity to explore other classes due to the existing trade system that allows and  encourages it. Without such opportunity and experience, half of the server population would be gone now. 

I strongly suggest the feelings and response of players be taken into deep consideration for this matter. It may sound great on the drawing table, but it is only as great if we ( the players ) say it is. This is a move that involves the value of how our money for IM is still worth , the time and effort spent farming for those items, the welfare and current situation In-game (where most players fell in love with) enjoy now and therefore WP must address this problem properly, openly and must not decline the possibility of withdrawing this idea from implementation. 

I ask again as I have above, what is the reason of this new system ? We had buffsets that were said to be bugged and therefore removed.

We hope that you will approach these changes with an open mind and consider the advantages and potential from the update, and not just the changes that are considered "more restrictive" than previously.

The advantages and potentials are not listed in the first post, there was no note mentioning on what this new system was supposed to fix either ( if there was any fixing needed at all ) . This system does not just restrict our overall trading ability, it restrict the meaning of it and what it represents .

We had plenty of changes that we all cling onto it nevertheless after being told "They are the condition for new contents" . Now we are asked of this, and I return the very same question, Why? 

#31 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:48 PM

I really don't like the honor and valor equipment being character bound on equip.

Just going to give a situation here, but I think a lot of people do it, people use their honor/valor sets for different characters. I mean, I have a champ and a knight, and both share my chivalrous and courage aurum set. Why would I get a second set of the same type just cause I have another character? And when I make my second knight and second champ, god knows how much I have to spend on those coupons in order to properly switch around gears if I ever feel like playing on another character.

#32 jovu

jovu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:51 PM

I strongly agree all points that Valakas reply about this changes.  :no1: 

Especially this part that I haven't thought that far yet, but it make me realize that my cleric and mage can't change gear between each others, and also players can't easily change a new weapon even he farmed the better weapon for himself: 

Most Monster Dropped, Dungeon Dropped, Crafted, Valor and Honor equipment will become Character Bound on Equip.

Another serious concern here. If this goes ahead, it will definitely become a game killer for Rose. Here is a fact of our In-Game environment now. 

Most of the time , we manage to acquire other pieces of equipment and weapons that we need  by trading for them with our used weapons or equipment. Implementing this will forbid such trade from going on. Lets face it, no one is impressed or felt compensated here with the fact that there is a new  100 Valor point cost "Status reversal" for the item. These items are sometimes used on our leveling characters and when that character reaches a certain level, most of the time we would want to trade these equipment to our other new character to use. Also if a farmer today manage to find himself a Dura 90 "Epic" weapon from his hunt, he may also want to trade that epic off or change his weapon of choice when he manage to farm another Dura 100 "Epic" tomorrow.  

All the classes will be affected by this new system if implemented. A Mage and a Cleric shares almost the same set of gear in PVP scenario , if WP do this now, we will have to sacrifice the other character or go spend 100 valor on the "Unbind" thing just to reverse "One piece" of the gear at one time. If I sacrificed my Cleric now and keep them for my Mage, I'd have to re-work on these equipment by farming for them in GA, and to do that without the gears? I believe you all understand where this is going. The same goes to other classes. 

Changing gears and weapon to try a better build for players is a very common behavior to discover more fun. That's why Item Mall got items like "Job skill reset book" and "Testimony of Retraining". If you changing your build, it's a common sense that you will usually change your gear and weapon too. 

I hope WP will really listen to What Player Thinking.

#33 Valakas

Valakas

Community Member of the Month for April

• Members
  • 817 posts
  • LocationThere! *points somewhere*
  • Server:Draconis & Odin

Posted 13 June 2014 - 11:59 PM

Yes, a Katar raider now who change to Dual type will be stuck with the weapon and some gears unless he/she purchase the unbind coupon if they wishes to transfer those items to their other hawker account. Its simply too restrictive. 

#34 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:06 AM

Yes, a Katar raider now who change to Dual type will be stuck with the weapon and some gears unless he/she purchase the unbind coupon if they wishes to transfer those items to their other hawker account. Its simply too restrictive. 

i agree with a lot of your points, but this one....meh

If a player thinks that he is capable of playing on multiple accounts he should be capable of gearing each one too. It can't be that you get your lowbie set once and use it to lvl your next few dozend chars....

To support newbies however they could come up with a solution like an unbind coupon at the smith which unbinds your weaphon but reduces it's durability by halfe at the same time.

Edited by SlowBob, 14 June 2014 - 12:16 AM.

#35 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee
  • Server:Arua

Posted 14 June 2014 - 12:34 AM

wut but now i cant buy costumes without im and buy my valor and honor stuff with my cleric for my other chars :sob:

#36 borgahutt

borgahutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1317 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:11 AM

i understand this regarding item mall items and such however you will really destroy it all when it comes to vending things and having to unbind stuff just to be able to sell it, thats definately taking it too far. and to be honest are making more work for yourself when it is fine how it is just maybe introduce this item that lets 'account bound items' now to be tradeable once... sounds silly imo

#37 densuyjr

densuyjr

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:26 AM

i agree with a lot of your points, but this one....meh
If a player thinks that he is capable of playing on multiple accounts he should be capable of gearing each one too. It can't be that you get your lowbie set once and use it to lvl your next few dozend chars....
To support newbies however they could come up with a solution like an unbind coupon at the smith which unbinds your weaphon but reduces it's durability by halfe at the same time.

So you think reducing durability by half will be good for the newbies?

Edited by densuyjr, 14 June 2014 - 01:29 AM.

#38 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:31 AM

I think my biggest fear is that this will drive the prices of vended stuff up through the roof. On Leonis, the economy is so screwed as it is, this policy will only make it worse in my mind. New people now get to Junon Polis, and see prices and give up, since they feel they will never be able to accumulate that kind of Zulie. If this policy gets implemented, I see prices going even higher, and new people giving up once they see what it will take to gear their max level character. I will not rage against this though, but I do hope you guys give this some serious thought. I fear it will drive the noobs away.

#39 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:37 AM

So you think reducing durability by half will be good for the newbies?

if you are new, you don't have to care too much about durability, it does mainly matter for end-game gears right now, since they slightly effect the stats.

Means: if you got an item which is realy worth keeping, get the coupon from the valor-/honorshop/IM, if it's just gear you will outlvl soon anyways, get the NPC option.

@angeltje:

you could still do all that, these items will only get account bound if you actually equip them.

Edited by SlowBob, 14 June 2014 - 01:38 AM.

#40 densuyjr

densuyjr

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:47 AM

if you are new, you don't have to care too much about durability, it does mainly matter for end-game gears right now, since they slightly effect the stats.
Means: if you got an item which is realy worth keeping, get the coupon from the valor-/honorshop/IM, if it's just gear you will outlvl soon anyways, get the NPC option.

@angeltje:
you could still do all that, these items will only get account bound if you actually equip them.

Yes I am new. But still reducing durability for the epic weapon by half just to be able to trade or unbound it is kinda dumb. Imagine doing that twice.

#41 borgahutt

borgahutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1317 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:53 AM

yes indeed im some way it will drive the economy even crazier and i dont see the ideas behind this at all! just dont understand why all this needs to be done, keeping it as it is and just adding this tradeable rune or whatever would be good for the untradeable old faiths things etc. but this is just crazy imo. really hope it doesnt go ahead

#42 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:55 AM

@angeltje:

with equip you mean at inventory/storage or only using as costume at costume tab?

#43 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:56 AM

Yes I am new. But still reducing durability for the epic weapon by half just to be able to trade or unbound it is kinda dumb. Imagine doing that twice.

If you are owning an epic weaphon you shouldn't have a problem to get 100 valor points....run 2-3 dungeons and you got enoth points to simply buy the coupon....

I was refering to complete newbies, who are lower than lvl 200, and who don't have the option to run dungeons for that reason.

It's that simple: if you got an item which is considered to be valuable you most likely got an option to get a coupon, if the item isn't valuable enoth for you (but you still want to give it to someone) - choose the NPC option.

@angeltje:

by equipping i mean using the item in the avatar/costume tab.

Edited by SlowBob, 14 June 2014 - 02:00 AM.

#44 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 02:03 AM

If you are owning an epic weaphon you shouldn't have a problem to get 100 valor points....run 2-3 dungeons and you got enoth points to simply buy the coupon....

I was refering to complete newbies, who are lower than lvl 200, and who don't have the option to run dungeons for that reason.

It's that simple: if you got an item which is considered to be valuable you most likely got an option to get a coupon, if the item isn't valuable enoth for you (but you still want to give it to someone) - choose the NPC option.

@angeltje:

by equipping i mean using the item in the avatar/costume tab.

so at storage and inventory doesnt make it acc/charbound?

#45 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 02:04 AM

so at storage and inventory doesnt make it acc/charbound?

nope

#46 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 02:06 AM

nope

pfft then only the costumes i use will be affected, still dont like it tho :sob:

but :thx:  for making me understand it more

#47 Rooster

Rooster

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 561 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • Server:both

Posted 14 June 2014 - 02:16 AM

Just make the un-binder tickets tradable/vendable/giftable   

#48 3722121031200347517

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 02:20 AM

i have 3champs(sword, spear axe), and a knight in which i only have 1 set of glor/chiva/prec/brave/courage armors each which i farmed for a very long time..making them bound when used makes those grinding efforts worthless..so disagree

#49 lovileva

lovileva

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 120 posts
  • LocationSweden
  • Server:Leonis, Aura

Posted 14 June 2014 - 02:27 AM

Big NO about this.

#50 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 02:27 AM

Just make the un-binder tickets tradable/vendable/giftable   

i like this idea :D

but i rather dont have this change at all

Edited by angeltje, 14 June 2014 - 02:30 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users