269 replies to this topic

#226 Niner69er

Niner69er

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:43 AM

Are the servers up?

http://67.212.74.2/cached/iro2.php  <-- Says they are up...

Ragnarok2 Updater runs till 4798561/4798561 and then gives an error...   error 02: Can not Connect to Patch Server and then Failed to Patch... This is before the client even opens -_- It does this for me on WP / Steam and Aeria clients........

#227 GarudaBlack

GarudaBlack

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 174 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:58 AM

Seriously Gravity have a great problem in recognize failure. Why they don't revert the game to old UI and make an investigation in the new one to solve this fps issue and in the future put it to public again?

A new event is comming and we can't even use our AoE's to hit mobs without get a huge lag or even a black/white screen. Why you can't do like the Honing failure and remove the broken content to start an investigation?

Is that issue not breking the game enough to get removed?

#228 PandeeChio

PandeeChio

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 June 2014 - 09:46 AM

geezus@@ Cursed swordssss 

You must have really really bad RNG. Takes me at most 40 to +20 a wep from 0-20

Main reason i dont trust Refining at all and is useless IMO

Plus all that bonus damage is just too high considering the already high damage (Maybe better for casters but meh)

@Yue i tried all so thats not helping (Honestly i take all that text as "mocking me")

. I know im not a super Macro user like basicly everyone else and i dontpretty much care of farm/Grind 

to get "OP" Effects but i'd rather not use it and those 2 weapons were the prof i needed (also its a proof that the System fails for Non KP Buyers extremely so any "Inf" or Lucky/Blessing powder just reminds me of the system (PS it happened to others too so...just you guys know it)

Seriously Gravity have a great problem in recognize failure. Why they don't revert the game to old UI and make an investigation in the new one to solve this fps issue and in the future put it to public again?

A new event is comming and we can't even use our AoE's to hit mobs without get a huge lag or even a black/white screen. Why you can't do like the Honing failure and remove the broken content to start an investigation?

Is that issue not breking the game enough to get removed?

Im 99,99999999% they dont care what they do

Edited by PandeeChio, 18 June 2014 - 09:51 AM.

#229 Tianciel

Tianciel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:24 AM

@Yue i tried all so thats not helping (Honestly i take all that text as "mocking me")

. I know im not a super Macro user like basicly everyone else and i dontpretty much care of farm/Grind 

to get "OP" Effects but i'd rather not use it and those 2 weapons were the prof i needed (also its a proof that the System fails for Non KP Buyers extremely so any "Inf" or Lucky/Blessing powder just reminds me of the system (PS it happened to others too so...just you guys know it)

I'm sorry you thought that way, it was not how I intended it. I have met many a player in game who didn't know all there is to refining, and since I was typing it anyway, I figured I'd make it as complete as possible, even if you already know most of it. I did not mean to offend anyone, but as far as I know this information hasn't been posted so I thought I'd share for those who don't know.

It may have been bad luck, I once used 72 to +20 one piece of gear, but it usually takes 20-40

I understand that most people know this! But let me explain how to improve your chances at refining, just in case. For those who don't know:

^As you can see, I figured you and many others already know all about refining. The post was a "just in case" and an attempt to share knowledge, not to mock anyone (I was only trying to help :p_swt: ), some of the information (like how the refine window bugs out sometimes) is less well known. I've had bad luck refining too, and seen my friends with it, it's not fun. +10 is the hardest barrier though, and with the influx of +10 refinement stones, at least you can get past it with a predictable amount of money. It's still p2w, but meh, I've kinda already accepted that this game is like that... WP needs to make their money somehow...

#230 brotherwolf

brotherwolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 335 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:33 AM

It may have been bad luck, I once used 72 to +20 one piece of gear, but it usually takes 20-40

I understand that most people know this! But let me explain how to improve your chances at refining, just in case. For those who don't know:

• Infinium: Prevents the item from breaking when refinement fails
  • Blessing Powder: Increases the chance of going up +1, by 50%. You can say this DECREASES the chance of failure
  • Lucky Powder: Gives a chance to go up by +2, as well as one to go up by +3. This DOES NOT decrease the chance of failure (as far as I can tell)
  • Polinium: Gives no bonuses
  • Purpolinium: An intermediate between polinium and blessing powder, but much closer to polinium. It increases the chance of going up by +1 by 5%
The key to refining is to:
  • Use the right combination of infinium/blessing powder/lucky powder
  • Use someone with "Master Refine". This means using the shop of someone with a back accessory that looks like a giant hammer, and gives them a refinement bonus!
Spoiler

When you open the refinement window, there are 3 percentages on the left side, and 2 on the right side.

On the left side, they represent the increase in chance of going up 1 level, 2 levels and 3 levels. Normally this is 0, 0, 0. It changes when you put items in (ex: with blessing powder its 50%, 0%, 0%). You can look at these percentages to decide what items you use. Now what's really cool is that when you use master refiners there are base percentage increases. This means even without p2w items you get better chances. I believe it is 20%, 15%, 5% (someone correct me if I'm wrong) without using any special items.

The 2 numbers on the right represent the decreased chance of the weapon breaking (completely), and the decreased chance of the weapon going down in level. Normally this is 0, 0. With infinium it's 100%, 0%. With a master refiner it's 0%, 30%, no infinium. This means that a master refiner protects your items from going down in level, 30% of the time. That's what makes it almost essential to use their services - which are practically free. At least every other day there will be a master refiner with 1 ruppee fees in ch 1 morroc, find them.

Now for my personal advice, take it with a grain of salt:
I like to use lucky powder for lower levels, 0-6 ish. Because the possibility of going up one level is already high, so the risk of failure is low. The extra jump levels are a bonus :)

I like to use blessing powder at high levels below 10, 7-9. The hardest part about refining, imo, is getting to level 10. The chances there are low! You could avoid this, if you'd like you can skip the first 10 levels by using an "intermediate refinement stone" which instantly gets your gear to +10.

After level 10, the chances reset. The first few levels are easy, and the higher levels get harder (though tbh I think the chances don't get much harsher as you go up). The key thing though, is that if you fail after +10 your weapon drops to +10 instead of going down just one level. This makes it very important to use a master refiner - have I stressed this enough? Instead of dropping from 19-10 you have a 30% chance of getting a message saying "refine failed (maintain level)".

From 10-13 I like to chance lucky powder, if it works I skip a few levels, if it doesn't I return to blessing powder. At these levels failing and falling to 10, isn't so bad.

After 13 I always use blessing powder (sry for the typo earlier!), the last thing you want is to drop SEVERAL levels at once.

As a final note: Be careful when using a master refiner. The buff goes with the back accessory so someone with a fancy gold border around their refine icon, might not actually have the buff because they aren't wearing the back accessory atm. There is no difference between gold and silver ranks. Sometimes the refine window bugs out, always check for extra percentages if you are using a master refiner. Sometimes they won't be there, and then you may not get them. If that's the case, close the window, and visit the shop again. The percentages should never be all 0s before you put items in.

Aside from the above, you just cross your fingers and hope for luck.

Speculative:
Spoiler

It would be nice if this was in the guides section.

#231 LordCrustyBoxers

LordCrustyBoxers

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:33 AM

well, im gone till they fix this lag, i won't be donating anytime soon like  for the next year or so either....I normally spend about 150$ a month on this game between my accounts but i will not spend money on a game that does not care about its players and won't respond and or fix SEVERE game issues like this.

i gave you guys a break when you messed up tux's/wedding dresses and recruit costumes on the first or was it 2nd update LOL....

I gave you guys a break when AOV came out and -_- hit the fans.....

I gave you guys a break when you said march and april would be stat/skill updates (still no skill updates)

There are tons of others, but im done giving chances. i'll be back when you guys learn to care about your players because you know what PEOPLE LIKE ME WHO SPEND MONEY ARE YOUR PAYCHECKS (NEVER FORGET THAT).

#232 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts
  • Server:Blade and Soul

Posted 18 June 2014 - 10:45 AM

Not being able to see pm's I have sent or received really makes me want to punch kittens... Please fix <3

#233 PandeeChio

PandeeChio

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 11:01 AM

well, im gone till they fix this lag, i won't be donating anytime soon like  for the next year or so either....I normally spend about 150$ a month on this game between my accounts but i will not spend money on a game that does not care about its players and won't respond and or fix SEVERE game issues like this.

i gave you guys a break when you messed up tux's/wedding dresses and recruit costumes on the first or was it 2nd update LOL....

I gave you guys a break when you said march and april would be stat/skill updates (still no skill updates)

There are tons of others, but im done giving chances. i'll be back when you guys learn to care about your players because you know what PEOPLE LIKE ME WHO SPEND MONEY ARE YOUR PAYCHECKS (NEVER FORGET THAT).

o.o wow...Your like what...6months late lol

#234 LordCrustyBoxers

LordCrustyBoxers

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 11:30 AM

6 months late? i don't understand

#235 PandeeChio

PandeeChio

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 11:42 AM

6 months late? i don't understand

The coming of AoV thats basically the time when ppl wouldve hanged theyre wallets to make real changes to the game just saying :P

#236 Sirceye

Sirceye

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • LocationAlberta

Posted 18 June 2014 - 11:56 AM

yay, now i can stop wasting my divine protection on woe map!! 

#237 xKikax

xKikax

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 12:16 PM

maybe everyone should just quit till they decide to get  their heads out their ass and fix the game... guess they don't realize how many people are and have quit... do they really think newbies will stick around with this lag/freeze... its not even fun any more... 

Ill add myself to the list of people not playing because of the lag/freeze

#238 xKikax

xKikax

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 12:20 PM

i second that.

#239 Blondheart

Blondheart

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 12:41 PM

From a programming perspective, RNG is heavily time-based, down to the very second. I failed a sword from +10 on a refiner with a hammer and blessed powder eight times in a row (I -_- you not) and there is no way that is random unless my luck is -_-.

I did too, I used a gold refine service from someone kind enough to charge almost nothing...and it failed every single time too.  I tried both blessing and lucky.  The refiner was surprised it failed every time.  So yeah...

#240 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts
  • Server:Blade and Soul

Posted 18 June 2014 - 12:50 PM

Still lose mp on woe map lol

#241 Lyrella

Lyrella

Amateur Blogger

• Members - No Sig
  • 375 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 June 2014 - 12:53 PM

ITS OKAY GUYS!

WE HAVE CHOCOLATE PLANTS AGAIN!!

qZlzcgj.jpg

#242 magpi

magpi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 18 June 2014 - 12:55 PM

Still lose mp on woe map lol

Seriously u__u

Did they fix ANYTHING????

#243 Fariseo

Fariseo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Location1st Heaven
  • Server:Odin | Freyja

Posted 18 June 2014 - 12:58 PM

NO FPS FIX?  another week without grinding, I guess I will take more vacation till this issue is fixed. ML 30 will have to wait for me, not gonna lvl with this freakin fps lag

#244 GarudaBlack

GarudaBlack

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 01:08 PM

ITS OKAY GUYS!

qZlzcgj.jpg

LOL

Maybe this is a way to spread love in the server among all the hate with DW update.

#245 LocoFiber

LocoFiber

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 01:15 PM

I want that chocolate!!! *.*

#246 Dimwd

Dimwd

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 01:15 PM

These new letters are rare to drop? i don't get anything x-x

#247 Tonitrua

Tonitrua

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 882 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 01:39 PM

These new letters are rare to drop? i don't get anything x-x

You need to kill monsters near your own level, +/-2 for maximum drops, +/-5 for reduced drops. Each letter drops about as frequently as pandoras boxes.

Edited by Tonitrua, 18 June 2014 - 01:43 PM.

#248 M00KIE

M00KIE

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 03:31 PM

I did not notice this mentioned yet, so....

The fix for the UI elements locking into a custom layout so it does not revert to default position when reloading UI for whatever reason......the party character elements reset every time someone joins/leaves party.

#249 Fariseo

Fariseo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Location1st Heaven
  • Server:Odin | Freyja

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:29 PM

I just realized there are two new secondary titles? was it leaked in this patch or what? :p_conf:

#250 PandeeChio

PandeeChio

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:50 PM

ITS OKAY GUYS!

qZlzcgj.jpg

Lololololololololoooool!

Reply to this topic