#202 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Blade and Soul

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:54 AM

You make it larger and bold font and you cant see the word "maybe" :questionmark: 

Whats wrong with you guys samsam is right haha :heh: 

Alright I guess I'm the only one the misunderstood all of your posts. My bad bro. I'll try to learn to sarcasm because clearly I don't know how to :) Ty Ty Have a nice day <3

#203 Blondheart

Blondheart

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 391 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:55 AM

Idk I still believe there is a unique "luck" stat for every character that is made. I've made countless alts testing and there are just certain characters that have really really bad rng and some that have amazing rng. I asked Njoror and he checked and said there isn't though :/

I have tested this with many alts as well and I believe this is true too.  I also think it's not static through the game, and that things you do affect it as you progress.  But i could be wrong...

#204 Tianciel

Tianciel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:56 AM

Yeah but it's the getting to +10,  The last time I did it I used 20 infinium and bless/luckys...my weapon was at +5 when I started.  When I was done it was +6.  I was so frustrated over that, both because it didn't work and because of the money just literally wasted. Now if you were me, would you risk your hard earned cash and your weapon to go over +10 assuming you ever got it there?  You might be feeling a little nervous about it. 

It may have been bad luck, I once used 72 to +20 one piece of gear, but it usually takes 20-40

I understand that most people know this! But let me explain how to improve your chances at refining, just in case. For those who don't know:

• Infinium: Prevents the item from breaking when refinement fails
  • Blessing Powder: Increases the chance of going up +1, by 50%. You can say this DECREASES the chance of failure
  • Lucky Powder: Gives a chance to go up by +2, as well as one to go up by +3. This DOES NOT decrease the chance of failure (as far as I can tell)
  • Polinium: Gives no bonuses
  • Purpolinium: An intermediate between polinium and blessing powder, but much closer to polinium. It increases the chance of going up by +1 by 5%

The key to refining is to:

1. Use the right combination of infinium/blessing powder/lucky powder
  2. Use someone with "Master Refine". This means using the shop of someone with a back accessory that looks like a giant hammer, and gives them a refinement bonus!

Spoiler

When you open the refinement window, there are 3 percentages on the left side, and 2 on the right side.

On the left side, they represent the increase in chance of going up 1 level, 2 levels and 3 levels. Normally this is 0, 0, 0. It changes when you put items in (ex: with blessing powder its 50%, 0%, 0%). You can look at these percentages to decide what items you use. Now what's really cool is that when you use master refiners there are base percentage increases. This means even without p2w items you get better chances. I believe it is 20%, 15%, 5% (someone correct me if I'm wrong) without using any special items.

The 2 numbers on the right represent the decreased chance of the weapon breaking (completely), and the decreased chance of the weapon going down in level. Normally this is 0, 0. With infinium it's 100%, 0%. With a master refiner it's 0%, 30%, no infinium. This means that a master refiner protects your items from going down in level, 30% of the time. That's what makes it almost essential to use their services - which are practically free. At least every other day there will be a master refiner with 1 ruppee fees in ch 1 morroc, find them.

Now for my personal advice, take it with a grain of salt:

I like to use lucky powder for lower levels, 0-6 ish. Because the possibility of going up one level is already high, so the risk of failure is low. The extra jump levels are a bonus :)

I like to use blessing powder at high levels below 10, 7-9. The hardest part about refining, imo, is getting to level 10. The chances there are low! You could avoid this, if you'd like you can skip the first 10 levels by using an "intermediate refinement stone" which instantly gets your gear to +10.

After level 10, the chances reset. The first few levels are easy, and the higher levels get harder (though tbh I think the chances don't get much harsher as you go up). The key thing though, is that if you fail after +10 your weapon drops to +10 instead of going down just one level. This makes it very important to use a master refiner - have I stressed this enough? Instead of dropping from 19-10 you have a 30% chance of getting a message saying "refine failed (maintain level)".

From 10-13 I like to chance lucky powder, if it works I skip a few levels, if it doesn't I return to blessing powder. At these levels failing and falling to 10, isn't so bad.

After 13 I always use blessing powder (sry for the typo earlier!), the last thing you want is to drop SEVERAL levels at once.

As a final note: Be careful when using a master refiner. The buff goes with the back accessory so someone with a fancy gold border around their refine icon, might not actually have the buff because they aren't wearing the back accessory atm. There is no difference between gold and silver ranks. Sometimes the refine window bugs out, always check for extra percentages if you are using a master refiner. Sometimes they won't be there, and then you may not get them. If that's the case, close the window, and visit the shop again. The percentages should never be all 0s before you put items in.

Aside from the above, you just cross your fingers and hope for luck.

Speculative:

Spoiler

Edited by Tianciel, 18 June 2014 - 06:09 AM.

#205 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:59 AM

It may have been bad luck, I once used 72 to +20 one piece of gear, but it usually takes 20-40

I understand that most people know this! But let me explain how to improve your chances at refining, just in case. For those who don't know:

• Infinium: Prevents the item from breaking when refinement fails
  • Blessing Powder: Increases the chance of going up +1, by 50%. You can say this DECREASES the chance of failure
  • Lucky Powder: Gives a chance to go up by +2, as well as one to go up by +3. This DOES NOT decrease the chance of failure (as far as I can tell)
  • Polinium: Gives no bonuses
  • Purpolinium: An intermediate between polinium and blessing powder, but much closer to polinium. It increases the chance of going up by +1 by 5%

The key to refining is to:

1. Use the right combination of infinium/blessing powder/lucky powder
  2. Use someone with "Master Refine". This means using the shop of someone with a back accessory that looks like a giant hammer, and gives them a refinement bonus!

Spoiler

When you open the refinement window, there are 3 percentages on the left side, and 2 on the right side.

On the left side, they represent the increase in chance of going up 1 level, 2 levels and 3 levels. Normally this is 0, 0, 0. It changes when you put items in (ex: with blessing powder its 50%, 0%, 0%). You can look at these percentages to decide what items you use. Now what's really cool is that when you use master refiners there are base percentage increases. This means even without p2w items you get better chances. I believe it is 20%, 15%, 5% (someone correct me if I'm wrong) without using any special items.

The 2 numbers on the right represent the decreased chance of the weapon breaking (completely), and the decreased chance of the weapon going down in level. Normally this is 0, 0. With infinium it's 100%, 0%. With a master refiner it's 0%, 30%, no infinium. This means that a master refiner protects your items from going down in level, 30% of the time. That's what makes it almost essential to use their services - which are practically free. At least every other day there will be a master refiner with 1 ruppee fees in ch 1 morroc, find them.

Now for my personal advice, take it with a grain of salt:

I like to use lucky powder for lower levels, 0-6 ish. Because the possibility of going up one level is already high, so the risk of failure is low. The extra jump levels are a bonus :)

I like to use blessing powder at high levels below 10, 7-9. The hardest part about refining, imo, is getting to level 10. The chances there are low! You could avoid this, if you'd like you can skip the first 10 levels by using an "intermediate refinement stone" which instantly gets your gear to +10.

After level 10, the chances reset. The first few levels are easy, and the higher levels get harder (though tbh I think the chances don't get much harsher as you go up). The key thing though, is that if you fail after +10 your weapon drops to +10 instead of going down just one level. This makes it very important to use a master refiner - have I stressed this enough? Instead of dropping from 19-10 you have a 30% chance of getting a message saying "refine failed (maintain level)".

From 10-13 is I like to chance lucky powder, if it works I skip a few levels, if it doesn't I return to blessing powder. At these levels failing and falling to 10, isn't so bad.

After 13 I always use lucky powder, the last thing you want is to drop SEVERAL levels at once.

As a final note: Be careful when using a master refiner. The buff goes with the back accessory so someone with a fancy gold border around their refine icon, might not actually have the buff because they aren't wearing the back accessory atm. There is no difference between gold and silver ranks. Sometimes the refine window bugs out, always check for extra percentages if you are using a master refiner. Sometimes they won't be there, and then you may not get them. If that's the case, close the window, and visit the shop again. The percentages should never be all 0s before you put items in.

Aside from the above, you just cross your fingers and hope for luck.

Speculative:

Spoiler

If you weren't my gf I would never have read this long wall of text.

Edit: Fix your typos noob <3 Also I wanted to add. It may seem stupid but when you are refining make sure you look at the stats sometimes mid refine they will change to 0 which is 100% guaranteed to fail. When that happens you need to cancel as fast as you can or it will waste you infin. I still have no idea why that happens, but I guess I would let you guys know.

Edited by Baddiez, 18 June 2014 - 06:04 AM.

#206 magpi

magpi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:00 AM

If i didn't already know Yue's success rate....I wouldn't have either <3

#207 Tonitrua

Tonitrua

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 882 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:10 AM

Edit: Fix your typos noob <3 Also I wanted to add. It may seem stupid but when you are refining make sure you look at the stats sometimes mid refine they will change to 0 which is 100% guaranteed to fail. When that happens you need to cancel as fast as you can or it will waste you infin. I still have no idea why that happens, but I guess I would let you guys know.

From what I've been able to tell, this bug is caused by equipping or unequipping anything after you've opened the vendor window, for example: you open the vendor, then take off your weapon to refine it.. the refine bonuses go to 0. If you take the weapon off first, then open the vendor, you're safe.

#208 darzx

darzx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:11 AM

Again... dead horse. 

Please stop. It's embarrassing. Almost half the posts here are just you two going back and forth which really has nothing to do with the patch notes. Got a good idea? Post it it the suggestions thread. Your suggestions are getting lost in here with all the banter.

I just responded to your comment, coz im not accusing anybody here, im not stating any names or directly point out anyone here. So its normal to me to react.

And why embarrassing im just only 1 here vs many of you lols. I don't know why many players got affected to my post. Guilty? Maybe :questionmark:  :heh: 

I don't want to argue with this thing its only repetitive and non-sense. I already said what im trying to point out.

P.S Word of the day "Maybe" :ic: 

#209 4458130508113924833

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:14 AM

Maintenance is over, the servers are up.

THE FPS STILL GO TO HELL WHEN YOU AOE.

B-but we have letters event r-right g-guys? Y-you will still p-play the g-game r-right g-guys?

Also, Osiris recipes are still missing too.

Good job.

Edited by 4458130508113924833, 18 June 2014 - 06:16 AM.

#210 magpi

magpi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:15 AM

I just responded to your comment, coz im not accusing anybody here, im not stating any names or directly point out anyone here. So its normal to me to react.

And why embarrassing im just only 1 here vs many of you lols. I don't know why many players got affected to my post. Guilty? Maybe :questionmark:  :heh: 

I don't want to argue with this thing its only repetitive and non-sense. I already said what im trying to point out.

P.S Word of the day "Maybe" :ic: 

ARE YOU MAYBE ACCUSING ME NOW?! Are you freakin kidding me?!

Seriously Darzz, do you know who I am? Keep it up.... 

#211 Sestuplo

Sestuplo

RO2 Volunteer Class Rep

• Members
  • 750 posts
  • LocationGMT +9059 (WarpPortal time)

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:16 AM

I've used over 100 Infinium to get a mace to +8 HEAH.

#212 magpi

magpi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:18 AM

Discounted Elixers dont work...

http://prntscr.com/3u2b0e

#213 Lukiner

Lukiner

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:34 AM

Maintenance is over, the servers are up.

THE FPS STILL GO TO HELL WHEN YOU AOE.

B-but we have letters event r-right g-guys? Y-you will still p-play the g-game r-right g-guys?

Also, Osiris recipes are still missing too.

Good job.

Gravity and WP gives a -_- about our fps and recipe problems haha :D

srsly FPS problem should be their main thing to fix specially the same week this occurred... wtf is wrong with them?

Discounted Elixers dont work...

http://prntscr.com/3u2b0e

that's punishment for giving money for someone who can't fix his game...

or maybe it's just new "FEATURE" for cash shop stuff.

Edited by Lukiner, 18 June 2014 - 06:38 AM.

#214 magpi

magpi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:40 AM

that's punishment for giving money for someone who can't fix his game...

or maybe it's just new "FEATURE" for cash shop stuff.

Meh.... discounted items don't stack with their normal priced versions so its probably a coding error. 

#215 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:55 AM

Waits for rage lololol

#216 JeremiahVII

JeremiahVII

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts
  • LocationBloodOrder Guild

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:09 AM

So anyone have any game recommendations? XD

#217 kimsera

kimsera

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Locationhoodlyfe
  • Server:thuglyfe

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:11 AM

Has he checked specific items? I've run into this myself, and had typically rng-lucky people get my equipment stuck at certain numbers.

From a programming perspective, RNG is heavily time-based, down to the very second. I failed a sword from +10 on a refiner with a hammer and blessed powder eight times in a row (I -_- you not) and there is no way that is random unless my luck is -_-.

#218 Sestuplo

Sestuplo

RO2 Volunteer Class Rep

• Members
  • 750 posts
  • LocationGMT +9059 (WarpPortal time)

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:19 AM

So anyone have any game recommendations? XD

Painkiller

Serious Sam: The Second Encounter

Half Life 2: Deathmatch

Condemned: Criminal Origins

Killing Floor

The Ball

Lost Planet 2

Binary Domain...

#219 Zanbee

Zanbee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1622 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:24 AM

The FPS issues are still being looked into, as well as all the various bugs that are in game.

#220 JeremiahVII

JeremiahVII

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts
  • LocationBloodOrder Guild

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:24 AM

Haha was just kidding Doppio

#221 magpi

magpi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:25 AM

From a programming perspective, RNG is heavily time-based, down to the very second. I failed a sword from +10 on a refiner with a hammer and blessed powder eight times in a row (I -_- you not) and there is no way that is random unless my luck is -_-.

No I totes believe you. I had the same problem with one of my scythes. I had someone else who refines more successfully than i do and the same thing...so i was just wondering if its my gear thats just freakin stubborn or just super bad timing. 

#222 Quinntto

Quinntto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 07:55 AM

"Pressing" one button tumblr_inline_n2pim7C7pm1qdlkyg.gif

#223 brotherwolf

brotherwolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 335 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:07 AM

ARE YOU MAYBE ACCUSING ME NOW?! Are you freakin kidding me?!

Seriously Darzz, do you know who I am? Keep it up....

Uh oh an internet tough guy.

#224 GrafWuzz

GrafWuzz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:16 AM

A. Bug Fixes

10. UI will now save custom layouts without reverting to the original positions upon changing maps or teleporting.

Does not work, the chat window returns to old position after changing map !

#225 jdmtouch

jdmtouch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1535 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Aranzeb

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:35 AM

....people getting really enraged on a patch notes thread. Can't we just be angry at devs rather than each other.

Edited by jdmtouch, 18 June 2014 - 08:36 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users