Request for GM Response: Macros - Page 7 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Request for GM Response: Macros

• Please log in to reply
193 replies to this topic

#151 Axtar

Axtar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 01 July 2014 - 04:13 AM

I think there's still some confusion between auto-play macros and key-binding macros - key binding macros still require you to click to run the sequence of actions; if you leave your computer, your character won't move. Auto-play macros, on the other hand, would allow you to leave as it will 'click' for you.

Seems to me the key-binding is allowed, but the auto-play isn't. 

#152 Tonitrua

Tonitrua

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 882 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 04:27 AM

I think there's still some confusion between auto-play macros and key-binding macros - key binding macros still require you to click to run the sequence of actions; if you leave your computer, your character won't move. Auto-play macros, on the other hand, would allow you to leave as it will 'click' for you.

The ambiguity is in this phrase, a sequence of actions (or if you take the specific wording they used: "a chain of actions") is not a well defined term. How long is a chain or sequence, and how many actions might it contain before it becomes an illegal macro? What if part of that chain of actions includes a loop, or waiting periods before terminating? A single key press might initiate a 'chain of actions' that can take an hour to execute.

#153 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:01 AM

except people can run a keybinding macro then use something to make sure it loops over and over making it effectively a bot/auto play macro...

#154 PandeeChio

PandeeChio

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:17 AM

except people can run a keybinding macro then use something to make sure it loops over and over making it effectively a bot/auto play macro...

God your too fast for my thoughts :c.

Anyways what he said +1.

you can start macro which starts other macro in the end which starts another and then it starts the first one and btw it appears to be read as "APPROVED" basically meaning (Fix me if im wrong) Its Macro but it's actually a Bot but then again its a macro so it's approved =.=?

Edited by PandeeChio, 01 July 2014 - 05:18 AM.

#155 Quetzalcoatlx

Quetzalcoatlx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:37 AM

the thing here is... did you ever see a GM  visit you to test if you're doing it? They've only done it in scarecrows. that's it. the rules is ideal if they are actually doing their jobs everytime, anywhere not just scarecrows

Edited by Quetzalcoatlx, 01 July 2014 - 05:38 AM.

#156 Tonitrua

Tonitrua

Awarded #1 Troll

• 882 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:40 AM

the thing here is... did you ever see a GM  visit you to test if you're doing it? They've only done it in scarecrows. that's it. the rules is ideal if they are actually doing their jobs everytime, anywhere not just scarecrows

The strange thing is, in all the time I've spent at scarecrows (for the a-coin event, and the dark coin event) I was never once tested or approached by a GM. Even at the high-risk areas like that, they could easily miss many players that abuse bots/macros or afk-farm.

#157 Quetzalcoatlx

Quetzalcoatlx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:43 AM

The strange thing is, in all the time I've spent at scarecrows (for the a-coin event, and the dark coin event) I was never once tested or approached by a GM. Even at the high-risk areas like that, they could easily miss many players that abuse bots/macros or afk-farm.

they have no idea about their game -.-

#158 nashR2

nashR2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 05:47 AM

Exactly! Lol The only time i every saw a GM was once when HQ used to b alberta.

#159 Axtar

Axtar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 06:37 AM

The ambiguity is in this phrase, a sequence of actions (or if you take the specific wording they used: "a chain of actions") is not a well defined term. How long is a chain or sequence, and how many actions might it contain before it becomes an illegal macro? What if part of that chain of actions includes a loop, or waiting periods before terminating? A single key press might initiate a 'chain of actions' that can take an hour to execute.

Ahhh, I wasn't aware that was possible. That would be pretty similar to bottling.

#160 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:02 AM

Welcome to Ragdabot Online!

Or was it Macrorock Online?

Lets just ditch the ragna or the rock and call it Macrobot Online!!

Ragnarok happened, 12/18 is when.

Valkyrie won!

#161 8ReN8

8ReN8

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:24 AM

I knew bout this prob since july last year talking bout it with alpaca.... its not new...
Just brought out -.-

And y is ppl still trolling threads that dont even play the game. Nothing better to do?

#162 NiaAdha

NiaAdha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:37 AM

7 pages.

Still waiting for knowledge-based respond.

ps : I know some of the players are paraplegerino with no fingers function and some already have carpal tunnel.

#163 jellopyking

jellopyking

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 589 posts
  • Server:skyrim

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:43 AM

The omly effective method of combating bots is if they kept crashing the server every 5 minutes. Unkess they put sime sort of captcha to yever activity then macroing is pretty much unstoppable.,

#164 NiaAdha

NiaAdha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:52 AM

^ this. captcha every hour on hourly prize.

#165 VModCherry

VModCherry

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 167 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:21 AM

^ this. captcha every hour on hourly prize.

At first sounds like a good idea. But this is easily bypassed by having the person simply "bot" or whatever, and simply check their comp once every hour to pass the captcha, then carry on with their things. 

#166 Tonitrua

Tonitrua

Awarded #1 Troll

• 882 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:22 AM

The omly effective method of combating bots is if they kept crashing the server every 5 minutes. Unkess they put sime sort of captcha to yever activity then macroing is pretty much unstoppable.,

Do you think that will solve the problem? Just as a proof of concept I created this macro to enter the 2nd password pin number automatically in about 10 minutes:

http://www.twitch.tv...itrua/c/4575839

I find it hard to imagine that any similar captcha or automatic test would be much harder to defeat than this.

Edited by Tonitrua, 01 July 2014 - 10:24 AM.

#167 samsam2610

samsam2610

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 535 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:54 AM

At first sounds like a good idea. But this is easily bypassed by having the person simply "bot" or whatever, and simply check their comp once every hour to pass the captcha, then carry on with their things. 

Then, random it 

#168 jellopyking

jellopyking

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 589 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 11:00 AM

Do you think that will solve the problem? Just as a proof of concept I created this macro to enter the 2nd password pin number automatically in about 10 minutes:

http://www.twitch.tv...itrua/c/4575839

I find it hard to imagine that any similar captcha or automatic test would be much harder to defeat than this.

idk.. the 2nd pin only has squares on it, and albeit the numbors moving around the screen every press the font stays the same and captcha -_- has swirly and twisty -_- on it

charming-captcha-from-facebook.png

them urethras.. they could make it harder i suppose

they could make it into a minigame and if u get it wring u go to jail for 1 hour real time

#169 Quetzalcoatlx

Quetzalcoatlx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 11:01 AM

do you really want to get interrupted randomly every time? Did you ever think of the people that do some sort of stuffs and then they will suddenly get distracted by it? Let's say you were in colo and then suddenly it appears then GG lol

and also

7 pages.

Still waiting for knowledge-based respond.

ps : I know some of the players are paraplegerino with no fingers function and some already have carpal tunnel.

https://support.warp...suspicious.aspx

Edited by Quetzalcoatlx, 01 July 2014 - 11:06 AM.

#170 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 01 July 2014 - 11:07 AM

Captcha the randomly shows up every 5min to an hour on all non Pvp and City maps. Failing the captcha boots you off the game, successfully filing the captcha grants you invincibility for 5seconds and restores you hp/mp to max.

#171 Tonitrua

Tonitrua

Awarded #1 Troll

• 882 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 11:07 AM

idk.. the 2nd pin only has squares on it, and albeit the numbors moving around the screen every press the font stays the same and captcha -_- has swirly and twisty -_- on it

them urethras.. they could make it harder i suppose

they could make it into a minigame and if u get it wring u go to jail for 1 hour real time

I'm sure a more complicated system can be implemented, but at what cost? As Quetz points out, it will be a nuisance to legitimate players, it wont defeat players that still watch their screen, and it'll take a good bit of effort to devise something secure enough. If 10 minutes of work can enter the pin, how much work do you think it will take to defeat a more complex measure? (hint: those captchas your screenshot shows are regularly bypassed by spam bots on forums and blogs all across the internet)

#172 SETSUNAf6w

SETSUNAf6w

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada
  • Server:Odin ch.4

Posted 01 July 2014 - 11:13 AM

lol are we seriously discussing implementing captchas on an mmo because the GMs don't care?

#173 jellopyking

jellopyking

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 589 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 11:21 AM

I'm sure a more complicated system can be implemented, but at what cost? As Quetz points out, it will be a nuisance to legitimate players, it wont defeat players that still watch their screen, and it'll take a good bit of effort to devise something secure enough. If 10 minutes of work can enter the pin, how much work do you think it will take to defeat a more complex measure? (hint: those captchas your screenshot shows are regularly bypassed by spam bots on forums and blogs all across the internet)

legitimate players have had their fair share of being pissed on, i dont give a -_- if anyone's pissed. legitamate players could either be saints and put up with, or quit the game. i just get amusement from seeing people defend this sort of stuff.

i still strongly agree that there should be some sort of check at time intervals if theres (still) a human playing behind the screen, im only suggesting but i want some sort of puzzles, something to stimulate the grey matter from this game for a change

lol are we seriously discussing implementing captchas on an mmo because the GMs don't care?

exactly.. they do tests they say, why not do the test to the whole server

Edited by jellopyking, 01 July 2014 - 11:22 AM.

#174 4458130508113924833

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 11:59 AM

Maybe they could implement random events like in that MMO that you know, that give you a small reward at the end (maybe similar to the hourly box) after you complete them.

#175 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts
  • Server:Blade and Soul

Posted 01 July 2014 - 12:45 PM

Random events from runescape. GAHHH when that tree monster popped up and I thought I could take it :( SAD DAYS </3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users