Server Maintenance at 2:00 PM PST on Thursday! 7/31 - Page 4 - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Server Maintenance at 2:00 PM PST on Thursday! 7/31

• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

#76 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:00 PM

The amount of complaints about borrowing is exactly what they're working towards defeating. There's a lack of effort + determination, hence no sense of reward. Why bother earning it, when you can just borrow it, or trade it with little to no effort. There should be a sense of pride, or a feeling of accomplishment when you finish a set, as of the old system, none of that existed. 

#77 6485140626095330880

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationMoon
  • Server:Draco

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:04 PM

Since you asked me how i'm managing it: Each of my chars got all jewelery sets which could ever be needed :)

lol thanks, that was an rhetorical question tho. And it was more like, "idk what you are doing with ur gems if u dont put them in ur stuff" since u said mats arent bound..which has absolutely nothing to do what Furerum said about not being able to trade his gems between his chars...   :)

And yea cool for the ppl that have everything. But what about the new players?

Sure that noone has a problem with that who has 384738 maxed, full geared chars and tons of zulies  :)

#78 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:31 PM

lol thanks, that was an rhetorical question tho. And it was more like, "idk what you are doing with ur gems if u dont put them in ur stuff" since u said mats arent bound..which has absolutely nothing to do what Furerum said about not being able to trade his gems between his chars...   :)

Sure that noone has a problem with that who has 384738 maxed, full geared chars and tons of zulies  :)

I'm fairly new and definitely do not have full geared, maxed characters or tons of zulie. When we first started here, my friend and I decided to make our cleric the top priority and that's where we have focused our attention. Our fighters were using jewelry without any gems at all until very recently and really it was not a problem because we have such good buffs from our much loved but expensive to make cleric. :P

It's up to each person as to how they decide to prioritize.The accessories having stats is a big help when you can't afford gems or aren't sure which gems are right for your character. New players starting out will already know that once equipped, accessories can't be traded unless they are unbound so they will be able to plan better what they want to do. It's a new way of thinking for Rose, but not at all unusual in most other games and we will all get used to it.

#79 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:33 PM

There should be a sense of pride, or a feeling of accomplishment when you finish a set

There already is, but I'm not making new sets for every freaking character I own. Having stuff be account bound fixes the borrowing issue, so having everything character bound is crazy. If I do a war on my character I can't use the points on another character of mine because gear is going to be scripted to bound upon being put into my inventory when I get it from the npc.

#80 DhsguiKch

DhsguiKch

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:36 PM

There already is, but I'm not making new sets for every freaking character I own. Having stuff be account bound fixes the borrowing issue, so having everything character bound is crazy. If I do a war on my character I can't use the points on another character of mine because gear is going to be scripted to bound upon being put into my inventory when I get it from the npc.

so buy another set for the other character.. 

#81 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:40 PM

so buy another set for the other character.. 

If things autolock onto a character without even equipping there's no way to vend them and thus no way to "buy" them expect during the next week or two

#82 kumpiakot

kumpiakot

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Server:draconis

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:08 PM

REPOSTED:

* my concern is the distribution of points on CD scouts barely hit 150+ knights as well it would take weeks to get 5k...

* another thing most players do CD's to earn zulies by selling honor points mostly through honor gears if it will be char locked i dont see decent items profitable to sell except for some accs like portable and junon ring...grinding for epics and rare accs are pretty lame due to recent changes using medals of blah blah blah will get 10-20 pcs of such...

* lets say we hit the 5k honor pts ceiling and we are already geared up..hmmm whats next?

just my 2 cents :)

#83 Jukze

Jukze

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:11 PM

Stage 4 – Honor(PvP), Valor(PvM) Equipment, Unique Quest Rewards

Planned for August 7, 2014*

During this stage, we will be placing Character Locked restriction to Honor, Valor and certain Unique Quest Reward equipment obtained.

Please note; this is not Character Locked on Equip and these items will become locked to whatever character has them in their inventory.
There are some exceptions which are, most consumables will not be restricted, so that they may still be shared amongst allies and team members.

This update doesnt seem fair. I have several characters that i would like to gear up in the future. As an example lets take my mage, I sold her gears a while back with intensions of buying it later, if i decide to play my mage again. Now with these Honor gears being Character Locked i do not have a chance to buy them? or use the honor points on my other characters to get the items i want?

This means that i would have to use my mage to get all the required honor points, which would be 5k atleast. That could turn out being nearly impossible if i have to do it on reinforced or Legendary, and most people would quit trying to achieve it because it simply would take too long.

#84 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:11 PM

REPOSTED:

* my concern is the distribution of points on CD scouts barely hit 150+ knights as well it would take weeks to get 5k...

* another thing most players do CD's to earn zulies by selling honor points mostly through honor gears if it will be char locked i dont see decent items profitable to sell except for some accs like portable and junon ring...grinding for epics and rare accs are pretty lame due to recent changes using medals of blah blah blah will get 10-20 pcs of such...

* lets say we hit the 5k honor pts ceiling and we are already geared up..hmmm whats next?

just my 2 cents :)

You can buy honor binds to sell or refine your gears with. You can buy CG mats, skills, pots, or weapons. You can convert them to valor and purchase valor stuff with them.

#85 MHMagic

MHMagic

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:12 PM

The amount of complaints about borrowing is exactly what they're working towards defeating. There's a lack of effort + determination, hence no sense of reward. Why bother earning it, when you can just borrow it, or trade it with little to no effort. There should be a sense of pride, or a feeling of accomplishment when you finish a set, as of the old system, none of that existed. 

That's hardly the issue. It has nothing to do with lack of determination or effort. That's just derpy. The fact is, most players have put in the time questing for Valor etc, or else they wouldn't have EARNED the equipment in the first place. Most of the complaints are lodged towards having to repeat previous accomplishments over and over again to comply with the changes. It has nothing to do with "pride", but rather the redundancy of the required accomplishments now under the new guidelines and a loss of freedom over what they realize they can and cannot do with what was already earned in the first place.

The "complaints" are minor now. The real blowback will come from the Item Mall restrictions. That's where PAYING toes will be stepped on, and I'm not confident it will end well in the long run if this becomes permanent policy. Good thing is, issues can always be resolved in the future.    

#86 kumpiakot

kumpiakot

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:19 PM

You can buy honor binds to sell or refine your gears with. You can buy CG mats, skills, pots, or weapons. You can convert them to valor and purchase valor stuff with them.

REPOSTED:

we are talking about making zulie here pdfisher selling bindrunes?CG mats? you gotta be kidding me right? :)

#87 DhsguiKch

DhsguiKch

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:34 PM

If things autolock onto a character without even equipping there's no way to vend them and thus no way to "buy" them expect during the next week or two

only honor gears will be locked , thats stupid in my opinion but you still knew about it for alot time.. its not like they are saying 1 day before . 

in this time i geared almost all jobs.. if i can do it you can do it also

#88 emobaby

emobaby

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:39 PM

unusual that there have been no updates from anyone

#89 archop

archop

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:39 PM

FOr me this is unfair...i think its useless to play CD now,we are farming points in CD in order to buy some honor gears and to sell them to gain zulie..whats the point now if we got 5k honor points and cant sell them?PLSSSS accpt our suggestions DEV team..account bound on equip.... :p_sad:

#90 pandasoup23

pandasoup23

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 422 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:41 PM

ye...no lol

Either way, i could care less about this update...its not that hard to set everything up before next week.

What i really want to see is changes to the game arena system. Kinda wish it was a lottery system (one option to queue, then it sends you to one of the three arenas) at least this way all the game arenas would be played, not just CD (gets boring really fast)

Edited by pandasoup23, 31 July 2014 - 05:48 PM.

#91 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:46 PM

New players will grow into it, infact it's quite good for them since there will be a smaller difference to fully geared players.

Untill now old players mainly used "power lvling" sets, as a matter effect they out-lvled newbies in no time. This is less likely to happen now.

I know, it sucks for us old players, it hits me hard aswell, since i'm owning all powerlvling gears you could think off. For newbies however it will make the game a way more enjoyable, let's face it, for them it was probably pretty frustrating to see how people lvl their alts in hyper-speed, they often couldn't even join a party with these guys since they were either not welcome due to their lacking gear, or they got out-lvled in no time.

Due to that i decided to adapt to the changes, and look over the new restrictions of my power-lvling gears. In the end it's important that the game is more enjoyable for newbies again, rose will never get active by relying on old players only.

#92 johnnozc

johnnozc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:47 PM

I vote for locked on use for valor and honor gear!

thats sure your one to be blame, because you didn't realise the true side of the things you made, now darker side come on sight... i guess you get what you wanted... and now you suffer... sorry that's reality after all.... i maybe sound bitter but thats how i feel of all these binding things coming up, its to much to consider....

#93 CottonCandies

CottonCandies

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 604 posts
  • LocationKuraigana Island
  • Server:Arua/Pegasus

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:51 PM

yeah yeah yeah..

so fun? where is the fun..

look for example sha your that artisan...

am the tank or the cleric FS or any others player in that group

your useless... one requested for a kick because your aint working good enough for the group

you think thats fun.... and the reason your there is to gather valor points or gather honor point.... whatever...

but i dot think you put a little attention to that matter....

there are so many thing to consider.... from the unbinding thing etc etc etc...

That is one of the downsides of the upcoming patch if it is going to be implemented, voting for a kick would be abuse in the future, specially for those who are completely geared up with a bad attitude player.

i hope they can lower honor points to purchase those pvp set from npc..

^That is what I meant in my previous post, either make lower the price of those gears or make the valor/honor points rewards higher ;)

I vote for locked on use for valor and honor gear!

Well, I like the idea of character locked when that valor or honor gear is already in your inventory. If they implement "Locked on use" then the upcoming patch is completely pointless and doesn't help improve the game content. Have you seen the current economy, no. of players in ROSE today? What you think is really isolated to be honest, think out of the box, think everyone and specially the future of ROSE and please don't only think how are you going to play efficiently by the help of switching gears from one account to another etc. Let's end that way of playing and face a new yet challenging way of playing the game. 

I hope they the descency to give every account a free Valor Quest Reward skill. The valor Point quests doesn't give many Point when your lvl is high. The drytail scorpios for example gives only 7 Points. If you do Drytail Scorpio, Desert Scavanger and Barbed Snapper you get about 50 Points compared to what I read how man many Honor Points some plyers get.

^This is what I meant too, I like the idea of character locked permanently but please make some tweaks in valor/honor points rewards.

If classes were all given the chance to earn honor AND valor pts equally then I would agree with those things being locked. But as it is now, scouts and knights canmot score as well as champs, raiders or mages honor-wise, and as to valor, well, the scouts would always get kicked.

^I agree with this! Make some equal adjustment first in rewarding per class and again that "VOTING" will abuse so much, so please make a thorough study about this.

like this is starting to get boring game :(

^Please justify why the game will start to get boring? Gravity Staffs love to hear your feedback and we (players) also too :)

So is Feuer the only one behind the devs on the stage 4 and 5 changes?

^Why you said so? :D

I understand you DEV's want so each player gonna hunt for their own armor/weapons. I have a idea but it kinda destroys this uppdate also becuse then players can still trade between other players, but! when a player get her/hes item from the honor/valor shop it will be locked.

This is my idea!

Why not make it so honor/valor points are tradeable. Then valor/honor market will still go. New Players/Old player on a new class are abel to buy from other players and friends are abel to gift to other friends. But I understand it destroy the plan '' Hunt the item for yourself''. But when the player has purchased their points from another player or got gifted. That player can go to the valor/honor shop and buy their item and that item will be locked to that character.

Is this is a good idea... :p_conf: ?

They went down again for maintenance. :p_cry:

^Actually you said it yourself, it will totally destroy the upcoming update,

"players can still trade between other players, but! when a player get her/hes item from the honor/valor shop it will be locked."

It's like the old system if its going to be applied, most people will not exert effort to get their gears, they will still not join GA and wait for some one to provide their needs. LOL

Every equipment getting account bound shiz is just stupid, now i cannot pass my gems from one char to another (without the need to buy valor unlocker), why? now planning to do it with valor/honor sets too? do you guys actually have idea of how the game works? how players manage their accounts? i doubt it, seems like you just want more money but instead, ppl are leaving, the day i returned again, i saw half players than months ago, you will see less, i warranty it, and less if the damn servers are down for too long!

rage ended.

^Please make some valid argument

lol Gems (Mats) are useless if u just keep them in ur material-inventory.. (unless u wanna sell em, but thats not the point here)

Idk how u manage that..., but ppl put their gems in equipment/accessories and those are account-bound.. So? 

^ I hope Gems will be included in the list of exemption. ROFL

#94 6485140626095330880

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationMoon

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:53 PM

I'm fairly new and definitely do not have full geared, maxed characters or tons of zulie. When we first started here, my friend and I decided to make our cleric the top priority and that's where we have focused our attention. Our fighters were using jewelry without any gems at all until very recently and really it was not a problem because we have such good buffs from our much loved but expensive to make cleric. :P

It's up to each person as to how they decide to prioritize.The accessories having stats is a big help when you can't afford gems or aren't sure which gems are right for your character. New players starting out will already know that once equipped, accessories can't be traded unless they are unbound so they will be able to plan better what they want to do. It's a new way of thinking for Rose, but not at all unusual in most other games and we will all get used to it.

Yea well. I didnt talk about everyone and I'm not talking bout me bout the gems and stuff. I was just explaining what this guy meant bcus the other guy got him wrong. 

And now it ended up like this lol.

But anyways..

I've just seen enough reactions of ppl that cant understand why ppl complain,about this. The most of them are those what i mentioned, ppl that have some maxed, full geared chars with a lot zulie that can just buy everything they want. Costumes,Gears etc for all chars..

It's just what I've experienced. 

Glad if u didn't!

Too bad i made different experiences. 

I feel like there are just bots everywhere around. A lot unfriendly people that just ignore u if u got a simple question, even getting buffs is kinda hard to get. Same with finding partys to lvl. Ppl just want aoe's in their party, and a maxed champ with sacri and a maxed cleric....

So its kinda hard and takes the fun of the game. Noone helps u, and u hardly can help urself lol

I played since irose. Had a break of a few years and I was like give it a try again.

But it's getting worse weekly. Bunch of bugs, lags, Dc's and so on.. 

You talking about priority, that's fine. I made it the same way btw.

But shouldnt it be priority to fix all this stuff before starting to take away what ppl like or where they were used to?

Yea we will get used to it. Its fine.

But at least they should show that they're doin that for the ppl and gameplay and not just for making more money.. what it just seems like. 

There is not a single reaction of the DEV's in here.

They post everything else but no answers... 

First thing i've seen was the new Big Astarot Wings u can buy in Item mall, but no servers up, no statement about it.. nothing...

It just feels like this is going to die.

It's already empty, no ppl on luna, no ppl on eldeon, not one single shop lol.

And even if u can fight without gems and all this stuff, its still boring if u are lost in luna or eldeon not seeing one single person. Cus everyone is just about to lvl fast to 230...

And all this changes wont make it better to make ppl stay or get new ones..

A lot ppl just dont quit cus they have spent already a lot of time and money in this game tho ;)

I just wouldnt mind to see more ppl playing rose (again).

There's a lot stuff that should have a higher priority than bounding this and bounding that...

#95 blaze10

blaze10

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 172 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:53 PM

New players will grow into it, infact it's quite good for them since there will be a smaller difference to fully geared players.

Untill now old players mainly used "power lvling" sets, as a matter effect they out-lvled newbies in no time. This is less likely to happen now.

I know, it sucks for us old players, it hits me hard aswell, since i'm owning all powerlvling gears you could think off. For newbies however it will make the game a way more enjoyable, let's face it, for them it was probably pretty frustrating to see how people lvl their alts in hyper-speed, they often couldn't even join a party with these guys since they were either not welcome due to their lacking gear, or they got out-lvled in no time.

Due to that i decided to adapt to the changes, and look over the new restrictions of my power-lvling gears. In the end it's important that the game is more enjoyable for newbies again, rose will never get active by relying on old players only.

most old players already know all the good lvling spots, they dont need power lvling gears just a good cleric to buff.

#96 johnnozc

johnnozc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:57 PM

I understand you DEV's want so each player gonna hunt for their own armor/weapons. I have a idea but it kinda destroys this uppdate also becuse then players can still trade between other players, but! when a player get her/hes item from the honor/valor shop it will be locked.

This is my idea!

Why not make it so honor/valor points are tradeable. Then valor/honor market will still go. New Players/Old player on a new class are abel to buy from other players and friends are abel to gift to other friends. But I understand it destroy the plan '' Hunt the item for yourself''. But when the player has purchased their points from another player or got gifted. That player can go to the valor/honor shop and buy their item and that item will be locked to that character.

Is this is a good idea... :p_conf: ?

They went down again for maintenance. :p_cry:

well i dont get what they wanted since these game play hunting of things you gonna equip is available only in shops etc... its shouldnt me that way either, if these game play sets like the other game play where equipments are drop in some lvl required dungeon like R.O and other games where you have to participate dungeon hunting items etc, like that. it has the right to make the lock things on the items since it was been hunted by your party and your self etc...

but look these game...

our dungeon is not set for items/hears hunting

our items are more hunted outside dungeon bosses and mobs

equipments usually crafter..

buy from shop...

yet in return when you decided not to use them anymore

how much does it cost

not just a 100k zulie selling 1 item

the -_-... ain't not reasonable enough

you know what makes the crystal defence exciting, because in that arena only we gain more than hunting outside the world of the arena, yet now yo take all the fun...

what do you like us to do anyways, if i may ask

coz no body put some attention on my post or my ideas

it seems that your making us die in the hard way 

making us deciding to find a new game to play

coz honestly thats how i feel

obviously...

whatever.. am just having headache so much reading everything

so bull-_-....

#97 johnnozc

johnnozc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:10 PM

That is one of the downsides of the upcoming patch if it is going to be implemented, voting for a kick would be abuse in the future, specially for those who are completely geared up with a bad attitude player.

^That is what I meant in my previous post, either make lower the price of those gears or make the valor/honor points rewards higher ;)

Well, I like the idea of character locked when that valor or honor gear is already in your inventory. If they implement "Locked on use" then the upcoming patch is completely pointless and doesn't help improve the game content. Have you seen the current economy, no. of players in ROSE today? What you think is really isolated to be honest, think out of the box, think everyone and specially the future of ROSE and please don't only think how are you going to play efficiently by the help of switching gears from one account to another etc. Let's end that way of playing and face a new yet challenging way of playing the game. 

^This is what I meant too, I like the idea of character locked permanently but please make some tweaks in valor/honor points rewards.

^I agree with this! Make some equal adjustment first in rewarding per class and again that "VOTING" will abuse so much, so please make a thorough study about this.

^Please justify why the game will start to get boring? Gravity Staffs love to hear your feedback and we (players) also too :)

^Why you said so? :D

^Actually you said it yourself, it will totally destroy the upcoming update,

"players can still trade between other players, but! when a player get her/hes item from the honor/valor shop it will be locked."

It's like the old system if its going to be applied, most people will not exert effort to get their gears, they will still not join GA and wait for some one to provide their needs. LOL

^Please make some valid argument

^ I hope Gems will be included in the list of exemption. ROFL

well i agree to the one comment that have somebody look at the real community status of the rose

i think no one cared enough to watch out

couple of months ago i have so many friend locals and internationals playing the game

even added them in facebook

then suddenly they just gone, some totally gone, some visit sometimes and log out

asked them whats wrong, they aint liking the rose anymore...

the developers and the GM like you sha, yes you do...

all of you becoming greedy and don't care listening to the players...

everything that watch out the game becoming like hitler... 

well i guess i have enough fun playing these game

maybe i should be one of them leaving

things aint coming better that we expecting

instead things becoming worse than we ever expected...

you said your only problem is the over pricing of the vendors... thats why you flooded the server with bunch of uniques and etc... but your not than there killing us vending player who effort enough to hunt and buying those mall points for an extra drop just to gather epics... since you flooded us with epics, epic selling dies like hell.... everything is cheaper.... no reason to farm anymore, for what the reason for hunting anymore, nothing....now you want all the things have to be account/char bound...or char locked.... me my self i have 7 accounts or more if i remember, not maybe everyone of them ar geared but these new patch coming aint working good for us... its killing us...

well i hope you got what you wanted...

but am done with these...

enough is enough, whatever ideas we had posted here, never been listened, maybe read by few but the idea just turn garbage after all... think about the future of rose... its not yet too late to revive.... if rose is little by little dying long enough, how much more these time.... your making is die faster...

#98 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:12 PM

most old players already know all the good lvling spots, they dont need power lvling gears just a good cleric to buff.

I'm aware of that, however the use of power lvling gears adds up to the lvling speed too and this is something a newbie can't gain, unlike the knowledge of lvling spots.

#99 HermyoneBr

HermyoneBr

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationBrasil - Santa Catarina
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:17 PM

I was startled and I logged all my skills were gone, and I logged back, they're back :D 

Edited by HermyoneBr, 31 July 2014 - 06:31 PM.

#100 shinjr99

shinjr99

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts
  • LocationFremont, California
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:21 PM

Running into a issue where i do not see the basic skills and some of the equipment names are not showing up. I tried to relog and logged back in and nothing has changed

Edited by shinjr99, 31 July 2014 - 06:22 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users