Could we ban people for whining about DB's in S. Pront please? - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Could we ban people for whining about DB's in S. Pront please?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
127 replies to this topic

#26 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:01 AM

is this thread real life?

just imagination. just like spongebob and patrick playing in the box.

i personally love to see how this thread developed. i dont even care anymore if people are supporting him or going against him. this is just fun to see how childish person announcing his little 'fight' on forum where he can settle that in the game.

#27 Damara

Damara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 424 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:06 AM

Or is it fantasy

#28 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:12 AM

The only rule: Don't be an ^_^.

How is this so hard.

Is it really an ^_^ move to DB someone who is afk? I mean if you afk in S. Pront on a level 150 character, You'd have to be mentally challenged not to expect to get DB'd.

I don't really mind DB's that much in S. Pront. Just after it gets to point that people can't even walk into the field without getting one shot by a mob of ~100 monsters it's pretty annoying. Don't spam them constantly and people probably won't mind. So pretty much don't be an ^_^ about it.

DB's never last that long anymore, considering all the high level chars that hang in S. Pront nowadays. If you die trying to walk through S. Pront, chances are by the time you get back all the DBS will be gone.

#29 Damara

Damara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:25 AM

I wasn't calling you an ^_^. I was saying that between DBers and anti-DBers, there are prima donnas and friends on both sides. I never get insulted or whined at when I DB. I never whine or insult when I get DBed. I am not an ^_^ either way.

#30 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:07 AM

^_^

#31 Draciolus

Draciolus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2035 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 07 August 2014 - 11:35 AM

I say remove the ability to use them while cloaked/hidden. That way people who use them can't hide from their own attempts to kill people.

#32 bloodyrascal

bloodyrascal

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2543 posts
  • Location.
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 07 August 2014 - 11:54 AM

Would people ask for a ban on CMs for summoning monsters/mvps in town? Lol.

Please don't behave like someone is on a carnage for real. This is a game, so using terms like "helpless", "innocent" and "maniac" sounds unreal to me.

I would term a Dead Branching as a harassment issue, if and only if that thing is obstructing me from doing something that I am supposed to do and that is levelling, doing a quest and stuffs like that. I don't want to be a jerk and say, "Oh man, you killed me while I was AFK". South Prontera is field map. You cannot expect to be safe because there is a reason that DBs are blocked in towns.

So, yeah chill. xD

#33 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 11:58 AM

I say remove the ability to use them while cloaked/hidden. That way people who use them can't hide from their own attempts to kill people.

this.  There is no reason to db while cloaked/hidden unless the express purpose is to get them to go after someone other than yourself.

Would people ask for a ban on CMs for summoning monsters/mvps in town? Lol.

Please don't behave like someone is on a carnage for real. This is a game, so using terms like "helpless", "innocent" and "maniac" sounds unreal to me.

I would term a Dead Branching as a harassment issue, if and only if that thing is obstructing me from doing something that I am supposed to do and that is levelling, doing a quest and stuffs like that. I don't want to be a jerk and say, "Oh man, you killed me while I was AFK". South Prontera is field map. You cannot expect to be safe because there is a reason that DBs are blocked in towns.

So, yeah chill. xD

I'd argue that db training during PK spawn the past few weeks would qualify.  saw and experienced several instances of people training bio3 monsters across the map, killing people trying to pick up coins.  honestly you're not even getting the bots with that since it looks like most bots auto-tele when they take damage in excess of a certain amount.

#34 Izzy1

Izzy1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1793 posts
  • LocationU.K
  • Server:Chaos Renewal - Smokies

Posted 07 August 2014 - 12:02 PM

Or is it fantasy

Or we're caught in a landslide

#35 bloodyrascal

bloodyrascal

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2543 posts
  • Location.
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 07 August 2014 - 12:08 PM

I'd argue that db training during PK spawn the past few weeks would qualify. saw and experienced several instances of people training bio3 monsters across the map, killing people trying to pick up coins. honestly you're not even getting the bots with that since it looks like most bots auto-tele when they take damage in excess of a certain amount.

I think I mentioned that if DBing is obstructing me from a doing a quest, here the King Poring, I would call it harassment. And yeah, saying "I DB to kill bots" is just a fig leaf cover up to get away with harassment and in no way I would justify that act. I hope you got my point.

#36 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 12:17 PM

And yeah, saying "I DB to kill bots" is just a fig leaf cover up to get away with harassment and in no way I would justify that act. I hope you got my point.

yeah i got your point.  you'd also be surprised at how many people use the above excuse.

#37 Spooky34

Spooky34

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 471 posts
  • LocationIn front of you

Posted 07 August 2014 - 01:07 PM

lolz555_zpsd41d3255.png

#38 Frike

Frike

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 07 August 2014 - 01:53 PM

lol this thread.. totally agree with OP. DBing in south prontera is a tradition lol, just dont go there if you dont wanna die.

#39 Draciolus

Draciolus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2035 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 01:56 PM

I RARELY sit on a char that has any exp on it so the dying doesn't bother me. The cowardly people being invisible as they drop a DB makes me wonder how they bother leveling since they most likely TI and the density is usually more than their average DB drop.

#40 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:18 PM

People justifying DBing a low level map where newbies travel through. And then they wonder why the population doesn't go up.

Why don't you guys take your traditional DBing to traditional Classic server and leave Renewal for the newbies who don't care for your destructive traditions and would sooner leave than put up with your BS?

#41 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:35 PM

For the record, I always DB on my Genetic, no cloaking involved. I just db until I die and then the dbs attack the next closest person. It's uh, totally not my intention, I just believe in myself too much. I didn't realize how weak I was!

People justifying DBing a low level map where newbies travel through. And then they wonder why the population doesn't go up.

Why don't you guys take your traditional DBing to traditional Classic server and leave Renewal for the newbies who don't care for your destructive traditions and would sooner leave than put up with your BS?

I'm sorry but iRO's population decline has nothing to do with DB's, and very few newbies actually level in S. Pront.

Most of the time if a new person sees DB's, they are more fascinated with all the cool monsters they haven't seen yet, not turned away from the game, and I've never seen a priest refuse to res a dead novice.

I for one always have lots of ygg leafs on me to res any noobs or people who ask for a res while in S. Pront.

#42 MizunoAoi

MizunoAoi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 587 posts
  • Server:Chaos and Loki

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:41 PM

For the record, I always DB on my Genetic, no cloaking involved. I just db until I die and then the dbs attack the next closest person. It's uh, totally not my intention, I just believe in myself too much. I didn't realize how weak I was!

I'm sorry but iRO's population decline has nothing to do with DB's, and very few newbies actually level in S. Pront.

Most of the time if a new person sees DB's, they are more fascinated with all the cool monsters they haven't seen yet, not turned away from the game, and I've never seen a priest refuse to res a dead novice.

I for one always have lots of ygg leafs on me to res any noobs or people who ask for a res while in S. Pront.

Uh, have you made a new character on renewal?  Newbies have to go into S.Pront Field now, that is, if they want to do the quests.

And I've been passed over for getting resed on many many many characters.

Considering you just potentially cost someone xp / time invested with your version of fun I'm going to have to say you're in the wrong here.

If your'e really looking to kill these mobs yourself then you go someplace where you'll have them to yourself.  I used to pop BBs in a room in the sunken ship.

#43 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:48 PM

Still doesn't change the fact that it's the only map for them to leave Izlude (the new starting zone). Unless there's someone passing out hundreds of Fwings to new players in Izlude and warning them about DBs 24/7, you cannot expect newcomers to be able to avoid your DBs in trying to get to Prontera or any other map.

Yes, giving the impression that high level monsters spawn on low level maps where they're not supposed to is a good thing. I'm sure that's a good way to advertise to new players who leave because they're getting killed too much when they're just starting out.

"Don't play RO. The monsters in the newbie areas are too strong."

#44 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:49 PM

Still doesn't change the fact that it's the only map for them to leave Izlude (the new starting zone). Unless there's someone passing out hundreds of Fwings to new players in Izlude and warning them about DBs 24/7, you cannot expect newcomers to be able to avoid your DBs in trying to get to Prontera or any other map.

Yes, giving the impression that high level monsters spawn on low level maps where they're not supposed to is a good thing. I'm sure that's a good way to advertise to new players who leave because they're getting killed too much when they're just starting out.

"Don't play RO. The monsters in the newbie areas are too strong."

They actually give you 5 Yellow Butterfly Wings to start off with :3

#45 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:54 PM

They actually give you 5 Yellow Butterfly Wings to start off with :3

Then we should just remove the warp portal leading out of Izlude if veterans want their precious low level map so much.

#46 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:05 PM

Uh, have you made a new character on renewal?  Newbies have to go into S.Pront Field now, that is, if they want to do the quests.

Yes, I just made a dancer. I had no problems while in S. Pront as a novice, in fact, I used my newly found feminine wiles to get a donation of gear and zeny while i was there. If I were just starting RO, I would love S. Pront! It's a gold mine!

Then we should just remove the warp portal leading out of Izlude if veterans want their precious low level map so much.

He literally just destroyed your entire argument and you still aren't satisfied? Some noobs like hanging in S. Pront, DB's and all! It's a great place to talk to experienced players, get gear donations, and best of all, high end drops from the DB mons that have been destroyed!

#47 DeathDealer

DeathDealer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 437 posts
  • LocationJefferson State

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:08 PM

db's in south pront is tradition and should stay that way i say. Dont be a fool, if ur gonna afk there, expect to lose exp. Though i would ask that you not drag novice killing monsters to izlude entrance, especially maero of thanatos or w/e the one is that cloaks. 

#48 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:10 PM

DB's shouldn't have been re-enabled in south pront once the izlude update came. There's other maps around pront, west pront specifically, that work BETTER than south for DB's.

#49 Draciolus

Draciolus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2035 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:11 PM

I never said you did. But most of the time I see cloaked people doing it. Though if I'm not mistaken you're always wearing a horse king costume...and stand NEXT to people when you do it. My Warlock was a "victim" of your "miscalculation" of your strength. You never even try fighting back(pretty sure I have video proof of it at home).

#50 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:15 PM

I never said you did. But most of the time I see cloaked people doing it. Though if I'm not mistaken you're always wearing a horse king costume...and stand NEXT to people when you do it. My Warlock was a "victim" of your "miscalculation" of your strength. You never even try fighting back(pretty sure I have video proof of it at home).

I wear a rainbow costume nowadays.

But yeah, you wont ever catch me standing next to someone who is not high enough level to know that there are consequences to afking in S. Pront. Usually I only stand near third class chars, and I never purposely db noob characters, except sometimes the bot merchants.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users