Could we ban people for whining about DB's in S. Pront please? - Page 4 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Could we ban people for whining about DB's in S. Pront please?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
127 replies to this topic

#76 bloodyrascal

bloodyrascal

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2543 posts
  • Location.
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 07 August 2014 - 04:31 PM

I like how it favours everybody.

#77 thatfool

thatfool

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1909 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 August 2014 - 04:34 PM

legit!

#78 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 07 August 2014 - 04:39 PM

Unfortunately it has to be global. But we realize that the previous cooldown of 60 seconds was way too high so we drastically toned it down. If this is bad we are willing to reduce it to as little as 1 second.

let's see for 5 seconds. it will give people chance to notice and fight or escape before the next DB popped out, since it is clear that OP defines 'fun' by killing high level people by popping DB next to them without any effort to clean his mess.
bravo camp! thanks

#79 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 August 2014 - 04:40 PM

DB's aren't a huge issue anywhere else, so why enact a global policy like that? A cooldown on branching just makes it boring.

A cooldown shouldn't even be an option. It should either be:

A. DB's are disabled on south pront map.

or

B. Adding in the secondary south pront map as a part of the "novice" zone, and the only way for the real south pront map to be accessible is through south pront (not west izlude).

Or if you can actually code a portal to take any character below 20 to the secondary south pront then thats even better, but I didnt figure you guys can code portals to warp based on character levels.

My personal vote goes to A, since it solves the issues of people sitting peacefully in south pront, and allowing low levels travel to pront without interruption. DB's can be as easily done in west (where they were done previously along with south pront) or east pront.

Edited by Tkwan, 07 August 2014 - 04:43 PM.

#80 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 05:53 PM

DB's aren't a huge issue anywhere else, so why enact a global policy like that? A cooldown on branching just makes it boring.

A cooldown shouldn't even be an option. It should either be:

A. DB's are disabled on south pront map.

or

B. Adding in the secondary south pront map as a part of the "novice" zone, and the only way for the real south pront map to be accessible is through south pront (not west izlude).

Or if you can actually code a portal to take any character below 20 to the secondary south pront then thats even better, but I didnt figure you guys can code portals to warp based on character levels.

My personal vote goes to A, since it solves the issues of people sitting peacefully in south pront, and allowing low levels travel to pront without interruption. DB's can be as easily done in west (where they were done previously along with south pront) or east pront.

It's already been proven that without DB's, nobody hangs out in S. Pront, so disabling dbs so people can sit peacefully is just silly. Last time they disabled dbs S. Pront became a ghost town.

#81 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 07 August 2014 - 05:56 PM

It's already been proven that without DB's, nobody hangs out in S. Pront, so disabling dbs so people can sit peacefully is just silly. Last time they disabled dbs S. Pront became a ghost town.

What's so important about south Prontera being a ghost town when most every other map in the game is a ghost town as well?

#82 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:14 PM

What's so important about south Prontera being a ghost town when most every other map in the game is a ghost town as well?

The point is, it is popular right now because people like to use db's there. Take away the dbs, and everyone leaves.

Yet some people are so fervently anti-db, they would rather have nobody enjoy the map, than allow people to continue enjoying it.

#83 Spooky34

Spooky34

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 471 posts
  • LocationIn front of you

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:14 PM

I RARELY sit on a char that has any exp on it so the dying doesn't bother me. The cowardly people being invisible as they drop a DB makes me wonder how they bother leveling since they most likely TI and the density is usually more than their average DB drop.

lolz555_zpsd41d3255.png

#84 HeIIraiser

HeIIraiser

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1201 posts
  • LocationUranus
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:21 PM

You know what OP title implies?

SERVER WIPE OUT :gg:

#85 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:30 PM

The point is, it is popular right now because people like to use db's there. Take away the dbs, and everyone leaves.

Yet some people are so fervently anti-db, they would rather have nobody enjoy the map, than allow people to continue enjoying it.

Still saw people there back when DBs were disabled on the map entirely, so I still don't see the ghost town argument.

DBs are enabled on every other map, yet they're not popular. So the ability to DB = populated map doesn't hold water either.

#86 MizunoAoi

MizunoAoi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 587 posts
  • Server:Chaos and Loki

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:41 PM

Yeah a lot of correlation not equal to causation going on in here...

#87 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:54 PM

Still saw people there back when DBs were disabled on the map entirely, so I still don't see the ghost town argument.

DBs are enabled on every other map, yet they're not popular. So the ability to DB = populated map doesn't hold water either.

I'm sorry but you are coming off as really dense. The fact of the matter is, people have been dbing there forever, and thus it has become known as the spot to db. Other people are attracted there because of the crowds that have formed due to people coming there to db.

Even if suddenly everyone decided to start dbing on another map, say, W. pront, people would follow those dbers there, because that's where the fun is happening. Eventually it would attract the same QQ'rs that complain about dbing in S. Pront, and we'd be having this same discussion about west pront.

People are going to complain about dbers wherever we go, because they are morons who don't realize the whole reason the gathering is taking place, is because of the damn dbs.

#88 Tett

Tett

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:00 PM

Internal Discussion Raged: Update

Players under level 20 will have access to a save version of South Prontera. Dead Branches, Poring Boxes, Amulets, Hocus Pocus, Polymorph, and Bloody Dead Branches will be disabled on this safe version of the map. 

For regular South Prontera field a 5 second cool down on Dead Branchs will be applied. This is to give other users a chance to escape before they have 200 dead branched Yoyos dropped on top of them.

Oh my God!, Mary of Nazareth~  Why we end-up like this ?

Why not Put a NPC in South Prontera (same NPC in izlude Channel Teleport Official: DEGA is at (122,105)

were they can teleport players to  (To players that are so very very very Lazy to go in izlude to meet a NPC to switch channels)

Channel 2 South Prontera? (Were they can Rest in peace "I mean" Have a Seat all day long until maintenance)

#89 Abdee

Abdee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • LocationIn your heart

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:05 PM

Hong long you play in south pront really? Dont said that like you know everything. 

South pront is my base since i start play this game. Always crowded. I found my guild here and i meet half of my RO friend in this hang spot. 

Since GM start make this map DB-able i stop coming here. Many people who usually hang there gone as well. From what i see only people who love to enjoy DB or people who not afraid losing exp is hang in s.pront. But still crowded which is good. 

I dont blame you guys who wanna have fun with DB. Just leave it if you dont like. 

Edited by Abdee, 07 August 2014 - 07:08 PM.

#90 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:06 PM

I'm sorry but you are coming off as really dense. The fact of the matter is, people have been dbing there forever, and thus it has become known as the spot to db. Other people are attracted there because of the crowds that have formed due to people coming there to db.

Even if suddenly everyone decided to start dbing on another map, say, W. pront, people would follow those dbers there, because that's where the fun is happening. Eventually it would attract the same QQ'rs that complain about dbing in S. Pront, and we'd be having this same discussion about west pront.

People are going to complain about dbers wherever we go, because they are morons who don't realize the whole reason the gathering is taking place, is because of the damn dbs.

Yet more threads are made about DBs in south Prontera than any other maps, including Spores map which is probably the most DBed map. I wonder why that is.

Actually, when DBs were disabled in south Prontera and people moved to west and east Prontera to DB, I never saw a complaint thread about DBs in those areas. Yet there were plenty of complaint threads about NOT being able to DB in south Prontera.

You act as if traditions don't change over time. The playerbase has changed dramatically from pre-Renewal to Renewal and yet people expect a player-established DB ground to remain the same in the face of a dwindling veteran population. I don't understand why people are holding on so tightly to something that's destructive to other players.

#91 Daray

Daray

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:13 PM

I don't understand why people are holding on so tightly to something that's destructive to other players.

Because the community provided feedback, e.g. dedicated DB map for everyone to go to from South Pront, never got implemented. There is a large group that has been playing for a long time, or is a returning player from ages ago. The first place they'll go to is South Prontera.
There simply aren't as many community hotspots as before, as there aren't as many real players around. The only times outside of WoE (and maybe Eden) that I see as many people as South Prontera, is during GM events. The reason many attend S. Pront is the Dead Branching and having fun.

#92 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:19 PM

Yet more threads are made about DBs in south Prontera than any other maps, including Spores map which is probably the most DBed map. I wonder why that is.

Actually, when DBs were disabled in south Prontera and people moved to west and east Prontera to DB, I never saw a complaint thread about DBs in those areas. Yet there were plenty of complaint threads about NOT being able to DB in south Prontera.

You act as if traditions don't change over time. The playerbase has changed dramatically from pre-Renewal to Renewal and yet people expect a player-established DB ground to remain the same in the face of a dwindling veteran population. I don't understand why people are holding on so tightly to something that's destructive to other players.

Because there are actual people in S. Pront, as opposed to the 99% bot population of spore maps.

And nobody moved to west or east prontera when dbs were disabled. Sure maybe some people went there on occasion to db, but they db'd and left, nobody just hung out there like they do in S. Pront.

There is a reason that DBs went down from like 80k per db to less than 10k per db after they were banned from S. Pront. Because it's not fun to just spam them alone or with a few people. It's a community activity, which is something iRO is seriously lacking lately.

Edited by hoikarnage, 07 August 2014 - 07:21 PM.

#93 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:24 PM

There is a reason that DBs went down from like 80k per db to less than 10k per db after they were banned from S. Pront. Because it's not fun to just spam them alone or with a few people. It's a community activity, which is something iRO is seriously lacking lately.

A community activity whose main purpose is to kill other members of the community.

I find that a little questionable.

#94 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:29 PM

A community activity whose main purpose is to kill other members of the community.

I find that a little questionable.

Someone here doesn't understand the concept of video games.

#95 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:35 PM

Some people don't understand the concept of letting go.

#96 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:38 PM

Some people don't understand the concept of letting go.

Says the person who has had every one of her arguments destroyed.

If any one of us were any good at letting go, we would not still be playing this dying game.

#97 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:40 PM

To have fun?  Your form of fun offends people, especially new players.  I don't think its particularly fun for them if they get bull dozed by a bio monster.

#98 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:41 PM

we dont play a game where PK is allowed on regular maps... thats what we have PVP arena and woe for... perhaps a private server would be more to your taste... your logic is flawed and your reasoning is selfish... you dont want the game to thive you simply want to spend your time killing players who arnt expecting to engage in combat... go play in the PVP maps and stop being a coward and a troll...

#99 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:45 PM

Says the person who has had every one of her arguments destroyed.

Really? How has my argument of a destructive community activity been shot down? I'm curious to know.

#100 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:49 PM

My god the level of idiocy from you people...

Don't act like a single one of you doesn't understand what goes on in S. Pront.

And far less noobs are killed than you would like others to believe. And the idea that newbies are quitting because of dbs is ridiculous. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users