Could we ban people for whining about DB's in S. Pront please? - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Could we ban people for whining about DB's in S. Pront please?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
127 replies to this topic

#51 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:23 PM

He literally just destroyed your entire argument and you still aren't satisfied? Some noobs like hanging in S. Pront, DB's and all! It's a great place to talk to experienced players, get gear donations, and best of all, high end drops from the DB mons that have been destroyed!

No, I'm not, because you can't say that for every newbie. Sure, you have some that stick around, but what of those who don't have the patience to put up with people like you? You're fine with people leaving the game and telling others to not play because you give them a bad impression of the game?

Considering how the CMs have done little to monitor the situation, I guess they're fine with that kind of word-of-mouth spreading as well. What else can be said?

#52 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:26 PM

No, I'm not, because you can't say that for every newbie. Sure, you have some that stick around, but what of those who don't have the patience to put up with people like you? You're fine with people leaving the game and telling others to not play because you give them a bad impression of the game?

Considering how the CMs have done little to monitor the situation, I guess they're fine with that kind of word-of-mouth spreading as well. What else can be said?

iRO is not a game for the impatient, I think we all know that. If someone is going to leave because they died once or twice, then they were never going to stick around to begin with.

#53 bloodyrascal

bloodyrascal

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2543 posts
  • Location.
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:27 PM

People justifying DBing a low level map where newbies travel through. And then they wonder why the population doesn't go up.

Why don't you guys take your traditional DBing to traditional Classic server and leave Renewal for the newbies who don't care for your destructive traditions and would sooner leave than put up with your BS?

It's the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. First off, levelling in renewal is a cake-walk. When I was a newbie I used to love hanging out at S. Pront. It was and is a fun place. And yeah, DBs makes it come alive. So when I used to hang there, I used to wonder when would I be strong enough to fight them instead of whining on losing exp. Not only that, the item drops from DB monsters used to be fortune for me, for zeny making.

So where the issue of DB harassment is over-exaggerated, I wouldn't want to downplay it either by saying that players don't do it intentionally. Then again, you can't just stereotype the whole issue just because of some jerks.

#54 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:30 PM

then lets reimpose the cooldown on DBs... use them in south prontera if you want but you gotta wait 1 min to use another one...

#55 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:32 PM

nevermind http://forums.warppo...r/#entry1867043

#56 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:35 PM

It's the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. First off, levelling in renewal is a cake-walk. When I was a newbie I used to love hanging out at S. Pront. It was and is a fun place. And yeah, DBs makes it come alive. So when I used to hang there, I used to wonder when would I be strong enough to fight them instead of whining on losing exp. Not only that, the item drops from DB monsters used to be fortune for me, for zeny making.

So where the issue of DB harassment is over-exaggerated, I wouldn't want to downplay it either by saying that players don't do it intentionally. Then again, you can't just stereotype the whole issue just because of some jerks.

Leveling in Renewal is only cakewalk for veterans. Newbies that have no idea how the game works aren't going to know what's what when it comes to leveling. Just because you thought it was amusing when you were a newbie, that doesn't mean it's the same for the next newbie who comes into the game fresh with no clue about Wikis and such. Especially with how badly outdated the official website for the game is.

Decent people who use DBs do it away from low level maps; indecent jerks are the ones that primarily DB on low level maps. What's scaring people away from DBing on a high level map? Would that be too much of a challenge?

#57 bloodyrascal

bloodyrascal

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2543 posts
  • Location.

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:37 PM

Breaking news. Lol.

#58 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:37 PM

nevermind http://forums.warppo...r/#entry1867043

In before the griefers start crying.

#59 bloodyrascal

bloodyrascal

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2543 posts
  • Location.

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:40 PM

I rest my case. There's no point in talking about anything that doesn't exist anymore. :heh:

#60 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:41 PM

In before the griefers start crying.

"Griefers" lol.

That's all right, enjoy sitting in S. Pront all by yourself in a few weeks when almost everyone who hangs out there now has left.

But hey, at least the bots trying to get from izlude to pront wont have any trouble now!

#61 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:42 PM

But hey, at least the bots trying to get from izlude to pront wont have any trouble now!

Because DBing TOTALLY stops the bots.

Not.

#62 bloodyrascal

bloodyrascal

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2543 posts
  • Location.

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:44 PM

It reminds me that there is a duplicate map of South Prontera. What if GMs put an NPC at S. Pront that warps you to the duplicate map? DBs can be enabled there. And I guess it solvea the issue of both the parties.

Edited by bloodyrascal, 07 August 2014 - 03:45 PM.

#63 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:48 PM

All the more reason RO should just get a prominent channel system like RO2 has.

#64 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:50 PM

Or just go west/east prontera.

#65 bloodyrascal

bloodyrascal

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2543 posts
  • Location.

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:52 PM

Or just go west/east prontera.

Seems like players have sentiments attached with the South Prontera map. And when there already exists a duplicate map of South Prontera, having an NPC to warp you there would be nice.

#66 MizunoAoi

MizunoAoi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 587 posts
  • Server:Chaos and Loki

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:56 PM

It reminds me that there is a duplicate map of South Prontera. What if GMs put an NPC at S. Pront that warps you to the duplicate map? DBs can be enabled there. And I guess it solvea the issue of both the parties.

Because if that really was the case, they'd of been DBing East or West Pront instead.  But I like the idea.  But it just wouldn't be S. Pront to those people.

#67 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:59 PM

It's more about the location than sentimentality. People know S. Pront is a cool place to hang out and DB because people occasionally actually walk through.

Nobody gives two -_-s about west or east pront because nobody uses them hardly.

Although I'm sure if we did start dbing there, the QQ'rs would be quick to follow!

#68 bloodyrascal

bloodyrascal

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2543 posts
  • Location.

Posted 07 August 2014 - 04:04 PM

It would play a rehab for DB addicts. Lol.

#69 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 04:04 PM

I make a point of only dbing on alt accounts. They don't ban all your accounts for harassment anyway and I have like 7 alt accounts so by the time the 1-3day ban is up I'd never notice anyway.

#70 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 04:25 PM

Internal Discussion Raged: Update

Players under level 20 will have access to a save version of South Prontera. Dead Branches, Poring Boxes, Amulets, Hocus Pocus, Polymorph, and Bloody Dead Branches will be disabled on this safe version of the map. 

For regular South Prontera field a 5 second cool down on Dead Branchs will be applied. This is to give other users a chance to escape before they have 200 dead branched Yoyos dropped on top of them.

#71 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 04:28 PM

Players under level 20 will have access to a save version of South Prontera. Dead Branches, Poring Boxes, Amulets, Hocus Pocus, Polymorph, and Bloody Dead Branches will be disabled on this safe version of the map.

But will low level players actually be informed of this channel of south Prontera field? As far as I can see, the channel NPC isn't widely advertised.

#72 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 August 2014 - 04:28 PM

For regular South Prontera field a 5 second cool down on Dead Branchs will be applied. This is to give other users a chance to escape before they have 200 dead branched Yoyos dropped on top of them.

You are keeping the 5 second cooldown timer only on south pront field? You guys can actually do that? Last time you applied a cooldown it was global, and that was a Huge mistake as it ruined the enjoyment of db'ing at all.

#73 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 04:29 PM

But will low level players actually be informed of this channel of south Prontera field? As far as I can see, the channel NPC isn't widely advertised.

It will be automatic with a npc at each portal for them to goto the normal version.

#74 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 04:30 PM

That's actually an awesome solution. I usually only break them one at a time anyway. I only spam them when people start annoying me with how I am "Griefing" by having the audacity to db in a spot people have used db's for the last ten years >.>

#75 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 04:30 PM

You are keeping the 5 second cooldown timer only on south pront field? You guys can actually do that? Last time you applied a cooldown it was global, and that was a Huge mistake as it ruined the enjoyment of db'ing at all.

Unfortunately it has to be global. But we realize that the previous cooldown of 60 seconds was way too high so we drastically toned it down. If this is bad we are willing to reduce it to as little as 1 second.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users