Could we ban people for whining about DB's in S. Pront please? - Page 5 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Could we ban people for whining about DB's in S. Pront please?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
127 replies to this topic

#101 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 07:52 PM

Really? How has my argument of a destructive community activity been shot down? I'm curious to know.

Every single one of your arguments has been nullified. Have you even been reading the responses?

Go ahead and list every point you have, and I will nullify each one for you in one single post, although I'll just be repeating what I and others have already tried to explain to you.

#102 MizunoAoi

MizunoAoi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 587 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos and Loki

Posted 07 August 2014 - 08:22 PM

Internal Discussion Raged: Update

Players under level 20 will have access to a save version of South Prontera. Dead Branches, Poring Boxes, Amulets, Hocus Pocus, Polymorph, and Bloody Dead Branches will be disabled on this safe version of the map. 

For regular South Prontera field a 5 second cool down on Dead Branchs will be applied. This is to give other users a chance to escape before they have 200 dead branched Yoyos dropped on top of them.

/thread

#103 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 07 August 2014 - 08:29 PM

Every single one of your arguments has been nullified. Have you even been reading the responses?

Go ahead and list every point you have, and I will nullify each one for you in one single post, although I'll just be repeating what I and others have already tried to explain to you.

Who cares about the other arguments? I just want to know your justification for killing other players as a community activity.

#104 OniichanN

OniichanN

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1812 posts
  • LocationCroatia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 August 2014 - 08:30 PM

I knew this thread wouldn't disappoint. <3

#105 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 08:45 PM

/thread

I tried to let this thread die once Campitor posted the changes, I was being civil and agreeable and everything, but people kept posting and I am very easily provocable/trollable.

Who cares about the other arguments? I just want to know your justification for killing other players as a community activity.

It's a -_- game. If you don't like being killed, go play Hello Kitty's Island Adventure.

I knew this thread wouldn't disappoint. <3

None of my threads ever do.

#106 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 08:48 PM

It's a -_- game. If you don't like being killed, go play Hello Kitty's Island Adventure.

But you claim that killing other players builds community, I want to learn more.

#107 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:06 PM

But you claim that killing other players builds community, I want to learn more.

Let's be clear here, you are the only one claiming that.

The only thing I have said is that I enjoying dbing, as do the majority of the rest of the people who come to south pront. Now pay attention because this may be a little difficult for someone of your diminished IQ to understand:

Sometimes, just like any other activity in any game, you lose. You die. You get killed by a monster. You get killed by another player, you fall down a crevice, etc etc etc. These activities are what make the game challenging. Some people like to play solo, but surprise surprize, iRO is an MMPORG. People prefer to do these things as a community. 

Are you going to start whining and crying when you die in a leveling party? In woe? In PVP? While MVPing? While doing a quest?

If you want to use iRO as a chatroom, that's fine, but don't shed your gigantic tears when other people actually play the game.

Edited by hoikarnage, 07 August 2014 - 09:07 PM.

#108 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:15 PM

The only thing I have said is that I enjoying dbing, as do the majority of the rest of the people who come to south pront. Now pay attention because this may be a little difficult for someone of your diminished IQ to understand:

Sometimes, just like any other activity in any game, you lose. You die. You get killed by a monster. You get killed by another player, you fall down a crevice, etc etc etc. These activities are what make the game challenging. Some people like to play solo, but surprise surprize, iRO is an MMPORG. People prefer to do these things as a community. 

Are you going to start whining and crying when you die in a leveling party? In woe? In PVP? While MVPing? While doing a quest?

If you want to use iRO as a chatroom, that's fine, but don't shed your gigantic tears when other people actually play the game.

You arnt playing the game.... you are using an in game device to grief others and kill players... thats not playing the game... if you want to play the game by all means go level, do quests, MVP, WoE, PVP... Griefing is NOT part of the game otherwise it wouldnt be against the rules... if you enjoy popping Dead Branches to kill then by all means find a map and do so... but you dont... you spawn monsters right on top of people and speed away... your only intent is to kill and thereby harass other players.. if thats what you need to do for fun then i feel really sorry for you... youre just a sad little internet bully who found a place where you think you can get away with it...

#109 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:24 PM

Oh really?

There is a reason that DBs went down from like 80k per db to less than 10k per db after they were banned from S. Pront. Because it's not fun to just spam them alone or with a few people. It's a community activity, which is something iRO is seriously lacking lately.

That sounds like it came from you, not me.

But players expect high level monsters to be on a high level map, so therefore dying on a high level map is to be expected. No one expects to die on a low level map, isn't that kind of silly?

#110 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:25 PM

You arnt playing the game.... you are using an in game device to grief others and kill players... thats not playing the game... if you want to play the game by all means go level, do quests, MVP, WoE, PVP... Griefing is NOT part of the game otherwise it wouldnt be against the rules... if you enjoy popping Dead Branches to kill then by all means find a map and do so... but you dont... you spawn monsters right on top of people and speed away... your only intent is to kill and thereby harass other players.. if thats what you need to do for fun then i feel really sorry for you... youre just a sad little internet bully who found a place where you think you can get away with it...

In case you are wondering why I normally don't respond to you, it's because I am well aware that you are just a troll. You sit there in S. Pront, nearly all day long, and the only time I ever see you talk or move or do anything, is when someone dbs.

Then you make your stupid little emoticons and act like you are a victim or something, when most of the time you aren't even targeted. I db'd some 150 RK that was like 10 cells away from you and you were like, "Nice try, you didn't even scratch me" or something dumb like that. Nobody was even targeting your weak warlock ass. I already told you, I don't target noobs.

#111 belenoi

belenoi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1055 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:28 PM

Omg how can you twist his words like this? A lot of people are coming to sPront waiting for someone to break branches. Don't speak for them. They find it fun, even dying from random branch is fun. Breaking branches in OD - that is griefing. Because people come there with completely different reasons. And if you come to south pron, than you must expect to be killed. If you don't want it (I'm saying it for the 3rd time already) - SIT IN THE CITY.

#112 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:31 PM

Oh really?

That sounds like it came from you, not me.

But players expect high level monsters to be on a high level map, so therefore dying on a high level map is to be expected. No one expects to die on a low level map, isn't that kind of silly?

I feel like I am talking to a three year old. Are you really this dense?

I admitted to dbing as a community, not killing people who dont want to be killed. If you dont want to be be db'd, dont hang out in a spot where people are going to be dbing.

You are a veteran player, you really have no excuse for being this dumb, so I'll just assume you are trolling.

#113 bloodyrascal

bloodyrascal

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2543 posts
  • Location.
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:33 PM

Can one of you be a bigger person to let it go? We had enough of this. If you stretch anything beyond its elastic point, it loses meaning and form. Chill out.

#114 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:37 PM

Can one of you be a bigger person to let it go? We had enough of this. If you stretch anything beyond its elastic point, it loses meaning and form. Chill out.

If a CM wants to lock the thread, I wont object lol. Nothing of value has been added to this conversation since Campitor posted.

In the meantime, I don't mind making a fool out these people.

#115 belenoi

belenoi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1055 posts

You know what, thanks to that logic we don't have normal rpg's these days. Everyone is spoon-feeding players, no hard enemies, no difficulties. If a novice rage quits after being DB-ed, then good riddance. He will do it sooner or later anyway. This game has a lot of hardships, bugs, scammers, generally bad people. If you can't stand it - get out.

First game I played on pc was Baldur's gate. I was eaten by the kitten wolf 3 minutes after the start. After that I knew what to expect from the game. And I had one of the best gaming experiences in my life.

#116 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

In case you are wondering why I normally don't respond to you, it's because I am well aware that you are just a troll. You sit there in S. Pront, nearly all day long, and the only time I ever see you talk or move or do anything, is when someone dbs.

Then you make your stupid little emoticons and act like you are a victim or something, when most of the time you aren't even targeted. I db'd some 150 RK that was like 10 cells away from you and you were like, "Nice try, you didn't even scratch me" or something dumb like that. Nobody was even targeting your weak warlock ass. I already told you, I don't target noobs.

clearly you have me confused with somebody else... im not a warlock... i dont have a warlock... ive never had a warlock or any mage class... and i dont sit in south prontera all day and not move... in fact if im going to sit someplace all day it would be in amatsu... i rarely use emoticons and only talk when spoken to or in PM... if youre gonna talk -_- about somebody pay attention so you actually know who the hell youre talking about...

#117 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:39 PM

Omg how can you twist his words like this? A lot of people are coming to sPront waiting for someone to break branches. Don't speak for them. They find it fun, even dying from random branch is fun. Breaking branches in OD - that is griefing. Because people come there with completely different reasons. And if you come to south pron, than you must expect to be killed. If you don't want it (I'm saying it for the 3rd time already) - SIT IN THE CITY.

twist his words? he has said many times in this thread he targets players with dead branches... TARGETS PLAYERS.... it doesnt matter where you are... no matter what map you are on... unless that person asks for branched monsters thats harassment...

#118 belenoi

belenoi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1055 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:41 PM

It's to late anyway. If the use of branches will be restricted again... So we might as well rage on until the thread is locked (that will happen soon I assume)

#119 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:43 PM

clearly you have me confused with somebody else... im not a warlock... i dont have a warlock... ive never had a warlock or any mage class... and i dont sit in south prontera all day and not move... in fact if im going to sit someplace all day it would be in amatsu... i rarely use emoticons and only talk when spoken to or in PM... if youre gonna talk -_- about somebody pay attention so you actually know who the hell youre talking about...

Oh that's my bad then, something you said earlier led me to believe you were this lame ass warlock who is always whining about dbs, but he sits in S. Pront afk all day doing absolutely nothing until someone dbs.

It's people like that that led me to creating this thread.

#120 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:44 PM

I feel like I am talking to a three year old. Are you really this dense?

I admitted to dbing as a community, not killing people who dont want to be killed. If you dont want to be be db'd, dont hang out in a spot where people are going to be dbing.

You are a veteran player, you really have no excuse for being this dumb, so I'll just assume you are trolling.

But how do you decide who doesn't want to be killed? You did title the thread "Could we ban people for whining about DB's in S. Pront please?" which therefore implies strongly that you've killed plenty of people who didn't want to be killed at all.

You know what, thanks to that logic we don't have normal rpg's these days. Everyone is spoon-feeding players, no hard enemies, no difficulties. If a novice rage quits after being DB-ed, then good riddance. He will do it sooner or later anyway. This game has a lot of hardships, bugs, scammers, generally bad people. If you can't stand it - get out.

First game I played on pc was Baldur's gate. I was eaten by the kitten wolf 3 minutes after the start. After that I knew what to expect from the game. And I had one of the best gaming experiences in my life.

So you're saying Porings, Fabres, and Lunatics should be buffed to the extent that Familiars were?

#121 Peerless

Peerless

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Atlanta Currently
  • Server:Chaos aka Ragnarok to Be

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:44 PM

I feel as I should put this in my sig or something.....

Btw guys, I feel the newbs today have it easier in S. Prontera.

The first monster I saw on that field other than the occasional poring or fabre was a Vesper.

Oh, those were the good ole days...before everyone start QQing and wanting -_- to get disabled.

Also CMs/mods, please do not lock this thread. Especially you Ralis.

Edited by Peerless, 07 August 2014 - 09:47 PM.

#122 bloodyrascal

bloodyrascal

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2543 posts
  • Location.
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:45 PM

Lol. Desperate.

#123 Yggdrasil13

Yggdrasil13

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1116 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:46 PM

iRO's biggest rule: Abuse it till it's fixed/restricted.

Now you guys got what you want, happy?

#124 belenoi

belenoi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1055 posts

twist his words? he has said many times in this thread he targets players with dead branches... TARGETS PLAYERS.... it doesnt matter where you are... no matter what map you are on... unless that person asks for branched monsters thats harassment...

*sigh* and I told you that people who come there are waiting to be targeted. You may not believe it but they find it fun. 

Ok bloodyrascal was right we should stop it. We're just going in circles.

#125 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

The only players I actually target are those who I know will enjoy it.

With the exception of a few idiots who whine too much and deserve to be driven away.

I never db anyone who asks me not to politely, nor do I purposely db anyone who clearly is a newbie, but if I announce I am about to DB, and someone says, "I'll report you!" That's not going to stop me from dbing, but rather encourage me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users