#26 Koski

Koski

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:09 PM

Its a Hybrid when u turn on lvl 1 Berserk [Lord Knight Card] for melee without fist

-Heard about Gear Switch? its not like you will carry only those to battle of course u bring corresponding armors/shields and phen accesory Etc

-Some monster are immune to the 3 bolt elements so being able to switch to melee and take advantage of gloom card and the weapon cards

-Sage Diary gives Aspd and good Matck plus the 2 card slots for the mentioned Cards

-Might be wrong on enchants but up to someone if they want hybrid melee/Spell Fist

-Also im just giving out opinion so just chill out 

-Like i mentioned "Fantasy Sorc Gear" not like someone should do this setup

> Its a Hybrid when u turn on lvl 1 Berserk [Lord Knight Card] for melee without fist

You said "Spell Fister", not hybrid. You actually said it was a spell fister twice. Never once did you mention about switching gears.

> -Some monster are immune to the 3 bolt elements so being able to switch to melee and take advantage of gloom card and the weapon cards

There are 5 monsters immune to all your bolt elements. Having a gear switch to counter them seems highly redundant to begin with. There are a bit more monsters that take a lot less damage from your bolts than your auto-attacks, but instead of having a gear switch (especially as MvP carded as your suggestion) for them, you should generally just opt not to kill them in the first place.

> -Sage Diary gives Aspd and good Matck plus the 2 card slots for the mentioned Cards

+12 Sage's diary gives 5% aspd, a +12 ledger of death gives +12% aspd. Sage's Diary has 100 atk, ledger has 137 atk. Sage's diary has 120 matk, Ledger of Death has 100 matk and is enchantable for additional benefits, such as maybe 42 matk (spell 6*2) or +2 aspd (aspd * 2). Both weapons have 2 card slots. Ledger also has the added benefit of giving an AoE curse, that is nifty for handling MvP mobs. +12 Sage's diary is a 3rd level weapon, +12 ledger of death is a 4th level weapon, so ledger also gets more damage from Striking.

And I am also not sure if the two cards work together. Has anyone tested it? Seeing as both ignore def to begin with and the other card is dependent on def. By some logic, you might actually deal less damage with those two cards than without. Seeing as Thanatos does more damage based on def and Samurai ignores / reduces def to 0 for the attacks. Would that mean that Thanatos would calculate its damage against 0 def also? Think of it as Ice Pick vs Poring instead of Ice Pick vs Ice Titan.

I am honestly curious about this. Reading the internet, it would seem that since the cards cancel each other out, the card inserted into the weapon first takes over and the other card becomes useless. Making your fantasy weapon a waste of MvP card :/

-Might be wrong on enchants but up to someone if they want hybrid melee/Spell Fist

Yet again, nothing about hybrid was mentioned by your post. The gear is however quite suitable for STR/DEX sorcerer, that ignores spells all together and who uses hindsight only as some nifty extra damage (maybe at 90 int or even less)

Yes, and I was asking how in your "opinion" the build would specifically benefit a SPELL FISTER, like you said it would. I am also questioning its validity outside just throwing a lot of MvP cards into items. Just because it has expensive cards does not mean its even better than a regular build, such as the one posted by Scuba. Hell, slap in some of the cards to Scuba's build and you'd have a better HYBRID  build than this one.

Fantasy SPELL FIST Sorc Gear is what you said.

Edited by Koski, 19 August 2014 - 01:18 AM.

#27 jakeassasin

jakeassasin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 19 August 2014 - 01:31 AM

i am  a hindsighter as a sage..... do you know any good equip for leveling? :o

Edited by jakeassasin, 19 August 2014 - 01:37 AM.

#28 Koski

Koski

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:02 AM

i am  a hindsighter as a sage..... do you know any good equip? :o

Depending on your budget you could go with the dream equipment mentioned here (Scuba has a reasonable list, though I would skip the RWC gear for now) or with some budget/cheaper ones.

For a new aspiring sage could go with:

Weapon: Sage's Diary or Ancient Magic or Ledger of Death (Requires different accessories). I would card these with Mummy Cards, if you got CD in Mouth.

Accessories: Librarian's Glove (Carded, Phen, Vitata) and Pocket Watch or If you're not using Sage's Diary or Ancient Might, Imp/Siroma Carded accessories.

Armor: Mage's Coat (If Ancient Magic) or Orleans's Gown (If trancended)

Headgear: Magician's Night Cap or Snake Hat

Lower: CD In Mouth with dex or Ninja Scroll with no dex

Boots: Valkyrian Shoes (trancended) or Vidar's Boots (non-trans)

Back: Skin of Vetus (non-trans) or Dragon Manteau (trans, requires you to wear the Dragon Vest)

I would not use a shield (because it hurts your attack speed a lot), but going with Memory Book & Monocle might be an option, if you're wearing the Pocket Watch. Slotted Memory Book is suggested, so you wont lose all the benefit for the aspd penalty for nothing. Real budget gear might include Pantie & Undershirt combo.

After that starts the upgrade progress. If you're using the Sage's Diary/Ancient Magic combo, I suggest you upgrade your Lower Headgear (CD in Mouth is not cheap, but its the only one you should consider as hindsight) and your Boots (black leather boots, temporal agi boots) first. Then move to upgrading your back (Skin of Vetus with a flee card, or switch to  Dragon Manteau & Dragon Vest combo). Decide if you want to go with backpack (good for battle-autocast hybrid) or Fallen Angel Wing (good for no-str hindsight/spell fist). Once you start moving to accessories, you might look into weapons a bit more, when ledger of death should become the best one to use.

I think the Battle Arch Bishop Guide has a good list of equipment that is equally good for a Battle Sage, so it can be used as a good baseline when moving to better gear. It just only starts its list on "high end" trancended gear on most categories. Making it unsuitable for someone who is still sage or does not have that much money. Remember that some items on the list are priest only and some sage only items are not listed (such as Magician's Night Cap instead of Snake Head for all builds aside form STR/DEX).

#29 jakeassasin

jakeassasin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:53 AM

I am new here... i didnt get any money here still... So when no money - no equip - not able to kill MvPs - No MvP cards - No money :D :/

#30 Koski

Koski

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 03:30 AM

I am new here... i didnt get any money here still... So when no money - no equip - not able to kill MvPs - No MvP cards - No money :D :/

Most of the items I've listed are easily accessable and quite cheap. You have to start somewhere but if we look at ragial prices:

Ancient Magic - 90k

Mage's Coat - 40k, Dragon Vest - 250k

Librarian Glove - 1.5m, s.clip - 400k (imp - 6m, siroma - 6m, phen 12m)

Pocket Watch - 15m (this is quite expensive)

Magician's Night Cap - 5.3m

CD in Mouth - 51m, Improved Phantom of the Opera - 4.5m

Vidar's Boots - 250k, s.shoes - 85k (chonchon card - 30k)

Skin of Ventus - 5.9m (yao jun card - 1.5m), Dragon Manteau - 2.9m, s.muffler - 70k (dragon fly card - 1.4m)

Aside from Pocket Watch and CD In Mouth, everything should be quite affordable. Something you should be able to get with a lucky drop or two. Hunting for Phen card might be worth it, since you can use them to buy your other equipment. Eden gear also works quite well as long as you do not have the Pocket Watch combo (mage coat is usless without monocle and pocket watch) or have not trancended (Dragon Vest & Manteau). And like I mentioned, pantie & undershirt combo also works, when you can not afford to buy expensive flee boosting cards but still want the extra flee.

Edited by Koski, 19 August 2014 - 03:32 AM.

#31 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 19 August 2014 - 04:14 AM

or since encyclopedia is also cheap, don't be afraid to try a build centered on it (invest more on LUK rather than DEX)

i myself wanted to try something like that but i already have a +7 ledger of death (and it has a quite large LUK penalty)

#32 jakeassasin

jakeassasin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 04:26 AM

I also got encyclopedia already... hmm... can you tell me if there is any way to get muuch of money? :o

#33 Koski

Koski

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 06:44 AM

I also got encyclopedia already... hmm... can you tell me if there is any way to get muuch of money? :o

Lucky drops, such as rare or desired cards. Your best bet as a sage would probably be Phen or Vitata Card, since you both need them yourself and they're both worth around 10m. The only other way is to buy low and sell high, but that requires some money to start with.

#34 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 August 2014 - 07:45 AM

The best hindsight gear I can think of is:

+9 magician hat (KK, Isilla, Vanberk)

BFG (Isilla, Vanberk, ESL, Fanat, Mistress)

CD in mouth

+12 RWC Dagger (Card doesn't matter)

+X Ledger of Death (Dark Priest x2 OR Mutant Dragonoid + Bloody Knight)

- Dark Priest to recoup SP drained from Kaahi

- Autocast cards for DPS

Brynhild / Diabolus Robe

No shield

+9 Heroic Backpack (Raydric, Deviling, Aliot)

Temporal Boots (Spell / Int Boost)

RWC Pendant (Spell 6)

RWC Ring (FS 6)

Seal of Continental Guard x2 (Imp, Siroma)

Consumables +30 AGI food, Awake Pot, Enrich Celermine

Alternative - AAR Slave

Of course Double Bolt and Soul Link are required. Kaahi Recommended

Revised a bit. Tested RWC vs Imp. A good book with imps should be better.

A budget version of this build would cost ~300-400m, As the +9 Cap and HBP are critical components.

Fantasy Spell Fist Sorc Gear

+12 Magician Night Cap [High Wiz Card] ignore Mdef

BFG[Lord Knight Card] for Monsters immune to Bolt elements

CD on Mouth/Ninja Scroll

+12 Valk Armor Stat 3 [Gloom Under Night Card] for those weak to Holy and Etc

+12 Sage Diary [Thanatos card] and [Samurai Spectre Card] both, for all situations

+12 Immune Shield [Golden Thief Bug]

+12 Temporal Int [Fallen Bishop Card]

+12 Fallen Angel Wing Special Str, x2 Max Fighting Spirit [Giant Whisper/Deviling/WakWak Card(+5 Attack per 10 Str Points)]

Mejingjard +40 Str

RWC Ring Str 3 x2 Max Fighting Spirit Enchants [Ifrit Card] extra Attack +5 and dat lvl 10 Earthquake proc

Best Spell Fister Sorcerer xDD

Lol these are just a bunch of expensive things in a list.

Edited by Scuba, 19 August 2014 - 07:54 AM.

#35 jakeassasin

jakeassasin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 10:23 AM

But the chambered ring wit imp/siroma would be good :o

#36 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 10:35 AM

imp/siroma is good no matter where you insert it. preferably rwc pendant for damage or bradium brooch for speed.

#37 Koski

Koski

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 11:10 AM

Revised a bit. Tested RWC vs Imp. A good book with imps should be better.

A budget version of this build would cost ~300-400m, As the +9 Cap and HBP are critical components.

Yeah I figured the dagger might not make up for the accessory cards. Its a killer for a battle autocast hybrid though, one that relies more on physical damage.

+9 HBP might not be going for under 300m, and I do not think anyone is selling their +9 MNC for that little either.  Then again, you might never know what people sell.

Whats your take on HBP to FAW, assuming "insane" enchants, such as maybe aspd x 3? For a hybrid with 90 in many stats, HBP should be superior of course.

Also thinking of the Ledger Cards. Currently I cant seem to hit anything without Mummy Cards in my book, I'd even be tempted on putting Phreeoni (assuming I'd ever have one) in one particularly good book, since no hits makes CD quite useless. For same reason, I found mutant dragonoid cards a bit lacking. I mean they are great and all, but the procs wont help if you can not hit.

Edited by Koski, 19 August 2014 - 11:11 AM.

#38 Aedis

Aedis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 19 August 2014 - 11:29 AM

> Its a Hybrid when u turn on lvl 1 Berserk [Lord Knight Card] for melee without fist

You said "Spell Fister", not hybrid. You actually said it was a spell fister twice. Never once did you mention about switching gears.

> -Some monster are immune to the 3 bolt elements so being able to switch to melee and take advantage of gloom card and the weapon cards

There are 5 monsters immune to all your bolt elements. Having a gear switch to counter them seems highly redundant to begin with. There are a bit more monsters that take a lot less damage from your bolts than your auto-attacks, but instead of having a gear switch (especially as MvP carded as your suggestion) for them, you should generally just opt not to kill them in the first place.

> -Sage Diary gives Aspd and good Matck plus the 2 card slots for the mentioned Cards

+12 Sage's diary gives 5% aspd, a +12 ledger of death gives +12% aspd. Sage's Diary has 100 atk, ledger has 137 atk. Sage's diary has 120 matk, Ledger of Death has 100 matk and is enchantable for additional benefits, such as maybe 42 matk (spell 6*2) or +2 aspd (aspd * 2). Both weapons have 2 card slots. Ledger also has the added benefit of giving an AoE curse, that is nifty for handling MvP mobs. +12 Sage's diary is a 3rd level weapon, +12 ledger of death is a 4th level weapon, so ledger also gets more damage from Striking.

And I am also not sure if the two cards work together. Has anyone tested it? Seeing as both ignore def to begin with and the other card is dependent on def. By some logic, you might actually deal less damage with those two cards than without. Seeing as Thanatos does more damage based on def and Samurai ignores / reduces def to 0 for the attacks. Would that mean that Thanatos would calculate its damage against 0 def also? Think of it as Ice Pick vs Poring instead of Ice Pick vs Ice Titan.

I am honestly curious about this. Reading the internet, it would seem that since the cards cancel each other out, the card inserted into the weapon first takes over and the other card becomes useless. Making your fantasy weapon a waste of MvP card :/

Yet again, nothing about hybrid was mentioned by your post. The gear is however quite suitable for STR/DEX sorcerer, that ignores spells all together and who uses hindsight only as some nifty extra damage (maybe at 90 int or even less)

Yes, and I was asking how in your "opinion" the build would specifically benefit a SPELL FISTER, like you said it would. I am also questioning its validity outside just throwing a lot of MvP cards into items. Just because it has expensive cards does not mean its even better than a regular build, such as the one posted by Scuba. Hell, slap in some of the cards to Scuba's build and you'd have a better HYBRID  build than this one.

Fantasy SPELL FIST Sorc Gear is what you said.

Dude chill out O_o

I just listed a fantasy gear setup that i can think about, not like i said all spell fist sorc should get this and its common sense that when you fight , you bring alternate gears not just "one" so no need to mention it

Check your post and my post and see who was being rude or trying to start a fight, i just listed a gear and you commented on it(u dont even need to) like you want to start an argument like those ugly threads bout db

Please lets not turn this into an argument cause its just gonna ruin the thread, if you want a real fight, pm me back on Aedis and ill beat your ass up if thats what you want. a real fight not cowaring on forum threads with words

Trying to make a point in a thread by typing rude comments leads to "word war", just suggest dont start an argument, i wasnt even replying to your comment since your not the one who made this thread

The thread ask for Gear setup, not instigate a fight on a post to make an argument out of it, mine was just listed gear setup out of boredom and not a reliable one, your replies was to make me reply back not helping who was asking help

Edited by Aedis, 19 August 2014 - 12:12 PM.

#39 Koski

Koski

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:45 PM

Dude chill out O_o

I just listed a fantasy gear setup that i can think about, not like i said all spell fist sorc should get this and its common sense that when you fight , you bring alternate gears not just "one" so no need to mention it

Check your post and my post and see who was being rude or trying to start a fight, i just listed a gear and you commented on it(u dont even need to) like you want to start an argument like those ugly threads bout db

Please lets not turn this into an argument cause its just gonna ruin the thread, if you want a real fight, pm me back on Aedis and ill beat your ass up if thats what you want. a real fight not cowaring on forum threads with words

Trying to make a point in a thread by typing rude comments leads to "word war", just suggest dont start an argument, i wasnt even replying to your comment since your not the one who made this thread

The thread ask for Gear setup, not instigate a fight on a post to make an argument out of it, mine was just listed gear setup out of boredom and not a reliable one, your replies was to make me reply back not helping who was asking help

Lets see, I said the gear you listed does not seem to work for Spell Fist (as is proven already), then I said it might be okay for a STR/DEX build. Then I asked you how you claim it would benefit Spell Fist, like you said it would. How is this being rude or trying to start a fight?

My reply was first and foremost to help the person asking about it in the first place. I find it highly important to comment on a gear choice, which obviously was not were well based. You're giving advice to people who might not know the mechanics as well as you do and giving out a list of gear with expensive cards that actually is not even remotely good is just rude. If you just want to troll, which your post pretty obviously is, and cant handle the heat, then please refrain from posting to begin with.

I never wanted it to be an argument, I was genuinely interested on how you thought it would be beneficial to Spell Fister, as I could not see it. The exact same kind of reply I gave to Scuba's list. Now one of you was an adult and reasonable about it while the other one is throwing around "I'll beat you up" threats. Trolls ruin threads, not reasonable and mature debate.

#40 Aedis

Aedis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:24 PM

Lets see, I said the gear you listed does not seem to work for Spell Fist (as is proven already), then I said it might be okay for a STR/DEX build. Then I asked you how you claim it would benefit Spell Fist, like you said it would. How is this being rude or trying to start a fight?

My reply was first and foremost to help the person asking about it in the first place. I find it highly important to comment on a gear choice, which obviously was not were well based. You're giving advice to people who might not know the mechanics as well as you do and giving out a list of gear with expensive cards that actually is not even remotely good is just rude. If you just want to troll, which your post pretty obviously is, and cant handle the heat, then please refrain from posting to begin with.

I never wanted it to be an argument, I was genuinely interested on how you thought it would be beneficial to Spell Fister, as I could not see it. The exact same kind of reply I gave to Scuba's list. Now one of you was an adult and reasonable about it while the other one is throwing around "I'll beat you up" threats. Trolls ruin threads, not reasonable and mature debate.

This wouldnt have started if you kept the comment to yourself, the way you ask sound like you want to start a debate on it. Also its a List not an Advice"

The way you ask really sounded like you want to start an argument and my post wasnt even saying anything bad and only a made up "Thought" and its not a troll.

Cant people post somethin without being countered by someone?, you could have just suggested "gear related only" not about what i posted, cause who the heck could even afford all those anyway?, its only a "fantasy" gear" like i mention on other thread on gx" its more of a bragging rights than a gear that deals the best damage

Dude keep the comments to yourself so you dont get commented back, i wasnt even talking to you to begin with, i just put up a Gear List that i thought about, out of boredom so dont take it seriously and try to make it an argument like i keep saying.

You think i'd  comment back to you if you didnt reply back to my post? its a forum dude, people are free to say what they want and you cant just keep countering what they said.

If you want a fight thread, lets just fight outside as to not ruin a suggestion thread made by your comments and my comments.

Im not gonna reply back to this, to prevent Moderator involvement like the one on dead branch that they have to close it. If you want to comment back, Pm me directly if you want a fight

Edited by Aedis, 19 August 2014 - 02:28 PM.

#41 jakeassasin

jakeassasin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 10:35 PM

This wouldnt have started if you kept the comment to yourself, the way you ask sound like you want to start a debate on it. Also its a List not an Advice"

The way you ask really sounded like you want to start an argument and my post wasnt even saying anything bad and only a made up "Thought" and its not a troll.

Cant people post somethin without being countered by someone?, you could have just suggested "gear related only" not about what i posted, cause who the heck could even afford all those anyway?, its only a "fantasy" gear" like i mention on other thread on gx" its more of a bragging rights than a gear that deals the best damage

Dude keep the comments to yourself so you dont get commented back, i wasnt even talking to you to begin with, i just put up a Gear List that i thought about, out of boredom so dont take it seriously and try to make it an argument like i keep saying.

You think i'd  comment back to you if you didnt reply back to my post? its a forum dude, people are free to say what they want and you cant just keep countering what they said.

If you want a fight thread, lets just fight outside as to not ruin a suggestion thread made by your comments and my comments.

Im not gonna reply back to this, to prevent Moderator involvement like the one on dead branch that they have to close it. If you want to comment back, Pm me directly if you want a fight

I also agree with Koski... Yours equip is just a way how to spend zeny...

#42 jakeassasin

jakeassasin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:17 AM

What is the role of spellfister? and what stats it would prob. need? :o

#43 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:38 AM

What is the role of spellfister? and what stats it would prob. need? :o

single target burst damage dealer

needs high INT/MATK and a bit of AGI to reach a good aspd

#44 jakeassasin

jakeassasin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:39 AM

using striking?

#45 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:45 AM

using striking?

afaik, striking only gives equip atk and spellfist ain't get buffed from atk

#46 Koski

Koski

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 11:27 AM

afaik, striking only gives equip atk and spellfist ain't get buffed from atk

Yeah striking only gives equipment attack and some crit (1 * skill level). So it gives absolutely no benefit for spell fisting itself (as far as I know, you do not do any physical damage with the attack, just the bolt damage). For hindsight, it gives some auto-attack damage as well as gives a better chance to hit due to the crit. Striking also increases the damage of some (other) sorcerer spells.

Having striking is advised though, since it is one of the things that makes you useful in a group. A melee sorcerer by itself does not really bring anything to most groups, so to make yourself useful in TI:s and the like, pick up striking and make sure you take Soul Exhale as a professor.

#47 jakeassasin

jakeassasin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 02:02 AM

And basic stats please? :o

Edited by jakeassasin, 23 August 2014 - 05:46 AM.

#48 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 06:08 AM

hindsight can go for STR/DEX or pure INT, the later being quite dependant on soul link to deal optimum damage. i'll just list the stat priority

for STR/DEX, go for AGI, INT, DEX, STR, VIT, LUK (you can leave VIT and LUK at 1)

for pure INT, go for AGI, INT, VIT, LUK, STR, DEX (you can leave STR and DEX at 1)

as for spellfist, it's not quite different with pure INT. you can go for 120 AGI/INT or whatever just balance everything with the gears you can afford.

#49 jakeassasin

jakeassasin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 08:29 AM

what could be better for ET/MvPing?

#50 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:49 AM

scuba gave an input for hindsight to be able to mvp, but what i generally know is spellfist is more able to mvp

ET-wise if you have a gene on the team he'll prolly out-DPS you. your best bet is to put up magnetic earth or insignias, as well as other floor supports. exhale is a must and if you have striking (with maxed endows) you'll be more loved by the team

all those skills arent affected by your stats so either build can get those skills. you just have to spend your skill points effectively

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users