Expressing some thoughts, via a lot of words. - Page 4 - Game Discussions (archived) - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 7 votes

Expressing some thoughts, via a lot of words.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
153 replies to this topic

#76 thatfool

thatfool

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1909 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:43 PM

i agree. maybe take a day off each week, then watch woe every week

#77 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:45 PM

i agree. maybe take a day off each week, then watch woe every week

You guys need to globally announce for all servers that you're cracking down on this crap then actually secretly watch woes and ban. Every woe.

It is happening I have been randomly watching different WoEs on my weekends and the GM team is pushing to step up their own watching. 

#78 ElenaGilbert

ElenaGilbert

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1186 posts
  • LocationAUSTRALIA , QLD!!
  • Server:Classic

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:52 PM

Dbut you guys banned the wrong person. Thx is been 2weeks since im banned and still no answer

#79 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:54 PM

Post your videos ? :p_idea:

Edited by Xellie, 19 August 2014 - 12:55 PM.

#80 ElenaGilbert

ElenaGilbert

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1186 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:55 PM

Im at work on my phonr! Can u do it for me? :3

#81 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:56 PM

gfdi

I thought I ranted enough about that LOL - in a few then, cause I have to dig for the links.

#82 ElenaGilbert

ElenaGilbert

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1186 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 01:18 PM

Ill just copy from skype

See if it works!

#83 miliardo

miliardo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1898 posts
  • LocationSan Diego California
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 August 2014 - 01:23 PM

Dear Xellie,

Your godquest problems are the kind of problems that most people who used to play this game once wished they had.  Old news, but in addition your first world endgame problems - pre-iris/loki/chaos merge NO put in far more hours into okolnir than any other guild on any other server up to the merge, and we lost all of that work, period.

You mention several seperate complaints, and they fall into two categories which can be seperated by the root cause of each complaint.

The first category encompasses all of the feelings that "the staff doesn't listen".  Yes.  That is correct.  They do not listen.  Also, they do not care.  This isn't because the staff are inhuman monsters, but because they are just human.  If the staff listened to every comment, and took it upon themselves to care about various ideas, it would destroy them as human beings.  Almost every idea is one that simply cannot be implemented, whether the root reason for that is hardware, software, financial, legal, or otherwise.  And for the few ideas that might work, implementing them is like putting newspaper over an open manhole.  If you expect some change or some fix to come to the game and make it better, you have a long history of patches starting from the addition of 2-2 to see how the game improves.

The other category is all of the ideas everyone has, but never see implemented because... the game is flawed at the code level.  This doesn't just relate to glitches and exploits, but game mechanics themselves.  God items, like megs, expand weight tickets, or kafra cards, were never meant to exist in RO.  I'll address the latter two later.  The original game mechanics allowed for massive damage, or instant cast only because the formulas relating them technically allowed it, but the game was always balanced around players never being able to near those numbers.  That is to say, absolutely zero players being able to reach those numbers, not a select few lucky and/or dedicated players, not a GM favorite, not anyone.  The hammer you wear (on classic) is cheating the game far more than any 3rd party program could.  Being transcendent with your 76 bonus stat points is cheating the game.

To really, truly, properly implement any idea, at this point, the whole thing needs to be taken back to formula.  You already got that with renewal, and all renewal ended up being was a rewriting of the game to justify the existence of all of the broken -_- already in the game, with the addition of newer, shinier -_- to distract you from that fact.

I want to ignore renewal, but I can't.  To me, renewal could have been one of two good options. It could have been a back to code rewrite of the game, or it could have been a mega-update/best-as-possible-bugfix still using the same mechanics.  In the former, everything wipes, players lose accumulated gear and either quit or don't but you have a better game which has appeal to new players.  In the latter, you hold onto your devoted playerbase, and you might pick up a few new players here and there who get into the scene.  Renewal was both and had none of the advantages of either.

So Xellie, 1. the staff in fact does not listen because 2. there isn't anything they could do about it.

You admit you've seen how GM favoritism can play on chaos, so why would any of your god quest problems even register as out of the ordinary?  Or even unique enough to merit a post?  This game is so old you can now say "same -_-, different decade".

And all the glitches, exploits, bots, and bugs?  All the suggestions that get passed over?  Why if I didn't know better I would say that somebody could take the mechanics they like, plus all of the community's proposals, and basically program a game themselves.  Supposedly there are hordes of people out there looking for an updated and better version of this game.  It smells like a business opportunity to me.

Otherwise, you are playing a game in which people who weren't even sperm at the time of it's release now run around with 100% endgame gear.  How much innovation can you expect from a game like that?

Well, I guess we know what kind to expect...

p.s. Expand weight tickets are one of the most game breaking items available.  This is because one key game balance mechanic is weight limit, specicially when it comes to PvP, and relating specifically to potion usage.  Complaining about autopot is pointless because the original mechanic of healing was that your HP bar is not just it's maximum value, but that plus the total healing value of all the consumables you could carry.  That a program can spam the pots for you is a moot point, because potion spam was the intention anyway.  Autopot is cheating, but the reason it is a problem is because expand weight limit quadruples potion capacity in some cases, and kafra tickets, to a lesser extent, allow for basically unlimited HP.

wow this guys knows what he is talking about makes perfect since. the only problem i have with reading this is that they messed up the game "YES". all xellie is saying basically fix your mess ups plain and simple. we need to hire another person or something that can spend his whole day trying to fix issues. with the amount of money this game makes can do that. Thus increasing this games population to proper game mechanics. drawing people to this game. if anything lets get a renewal 2 lol. were we take it like he said back to script and set everything right starting with skills, god items.

this game can be so much better, and we all wait around for them to fix it. Personally know so many people who use cheats in this game, its so easy to use and get away with. There is no reproductions in this game for one reason, and one reason only. If they bann a lot of people they wont get them back and lower game population. That don't sound like such a bad thing when we can get some other people to come play.

Edited by miliardo, 19 August 2014 - 01:31 PM.

#84 miliardo

miliardo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1898 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 01:30 PM

There had been multiple problems with vm11 to the point even angry threads have been made over them. I encourage people to pm oda their complaints about this person like I did because I firmly believe they shouldn't be modding. This person goes on deleting rampages without even so much as reading posts (they even tried to tell me my on-topic posts in my own thread were off topic LOL) and seem to cause more problems than they fix. I tried to bring this up with oda along with a couple other high profile players but nothing was done. This person doesn't even play RO1, they shouldn't be allowed inside our end of the forum at all since they don't understand the content well enough to be able to moderate effectively.

This person has also gone on emotional rampages all over forums which is extremely unprofessional. If you are really depressed and unable to handle the job, why are you here? I have never heard of these issues with any of the other mods. My experience has always been fair and pleasant until this person came along, all ban hammer and power trippy.

Recruit new mods pls.

+1 we definitely need some more attention to this game or your biggest game will go offline then what?

#85 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:15 PM

It is happening I have been randomly watching different WoEs on my weekends and the GM team is pushing to step up their own watching. 

Put in an announcement then. Give everyone fair warning then start the banning spree.

#86 xMSGx

xMSGx

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1037 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:19 PM

If you announce that your gonna be watching woe to catch cheater won't the cheaters just turn off their cheats? thus defeats the purpose of actually watching woe and catching them red handed

#87 ElenaGilbert

ElenaGilbert

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1186 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:22 PM

The point she try to make is to warn ppl not to cheat. Not warn ppl they are going to get banned

#88 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:42 PM

I'd rather see a cheat-free woe than a population dip lol! If they keep up watching 4evr that could be possible.

#89 thatfool

thatfool

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1909 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:44 PM

I'd rather see a cheat-free woe than a population dip lol! If they keep up watching 4evr that could be possible.

the word "random" ticks people off because they never know when and where gms will be watching

#90 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:52 PM

You'd never know they were watching either way

#91 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 03:25 PM

If you announce that your gonna be watching woe to catch cheater won't the cheaters just turn off their cheats? thus defeats the purpose of actually watching woe and catching them red handed

The goal of suspensions is to change behavior not to punish the community.

the word "random" ticks people off because they never know when and where gms will be watching

We want users to feel like we might always be watching. So that they don't feel safe cheating.

#92 tigriss216

tigriss216

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 833 posts
  • Server:both

Posted 19 August 2014 - 03:28 PM

Put in an announcement then. Give everyone fair warning then start the banning spree.

it's been said if there is warning people just wont cheat. When they know the GMs aren't watching they will cheat again.  Enough people get banned because the GMs are watching and they don't know it. Other people will stop cheating all together. I'm sorry if your gonna cheat you shouldn't be playing.

#93 Draciolus

Draciolus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2035 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 19 August 2014 - 04:16 PM

Personally...I see the "suspensions" as a slap on the wrist. Lock the account for three years, no exceptions, for cheating(botting/auto pot/any and all exploits), people will learn not to cheat especially if you randomly select which times you will be watching.

#94 miliardo

miliardo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1898 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 05:28 PM

The goal of suspensions is to change behavior not to punish the community.

We want users to feel like we might always be watching. So that they don't feel safe cheating.

ya but sometimes to change the community it takes getting rid of some of the abusers just my opinion. Letting know people that you are going to watch woe is awesome might stop a few from doing it at least.

#95 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 05:46 PM

it's been said if there is warning people just wont cheat. When they know the GMs aren't watching they will cheat again.  Enough people get banned because the GMs are watching and they don't know it. Other people will stop cheating all together. I'm sorry if your gonna cheat you shouldn't be playing.

That's why I said the GMs need to be watching every WoE or this whole thing is pointless.

#96 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 19 August 2014 - 06:03 PM

Hopefully the fear of big brother will make people reconsider cheating

Or cheat more subtly.

#97 Rythen

Rythen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 959 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 19 August 2014 - 06:33 PM

To be fair it's not even the cheating that annoys me about this game.

It's really just the whole GM thing that Xellie mentioned in the first post. I lack the energy to reiterate it, and it just feels like I'd be speaking to a wall anyway.

edit: Actually, it's not even the fact that the GMs barely seem to listen. It's the fact that stating an opinion can get you dogpiled, and it's acceptable behaviour.

Edited by Rythen, 19 August 2014 - 06:38 PM.

#98 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 06:51 PM

Why should you give cheaters a heads up?

Stuff like this gets stopped when you don't.

#99 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:00 AM

You just need to train your finger spam skills, obviously!

#100 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:58 AM

Here's some more words:

Why is it a big deal to make a rule about something Valhalla did non-maliciously and scream in red text everywhere about it being a rule, but there's zero warnings thrown around about client modification.

If you're going to make a big deal about people breaking the rules, why not make a big deal about something consequential? It's really not helping with the earache I get about the GMs engineering the server vs a specific group of people.

Are we ever going to get an answer about three god items being made at once on seal power 2? Why is that acceptable and us getting DCed from okolnir completely ignored in our situation?

Edited by Xellie, 20 August 2014 - 09:59 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users