Expressing some thoughts, via a lot of words. - Page 5 - Game Discussions (archived) - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 7 votes

Expressing some thoughts, via a lot of words.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
153 replies to this topic

#101 jakeassasin

jakeassasin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:14 AM

I agree in everything with you... GMs.... why do we pay to you... when you can't just hear out ours wishes... Xelly... i want talk with you in game <3 :o

#102 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:29 AM

Are we ever going to get an answer about three god items being made at once on seal power 2? Why is that acceptable and us getting DCed from okolnir completely ignored in our situation?

Unfortunately the God Item quest npc had two rare fail statements that could bug out the creation process. Due to this, we have had to award items to users who reached the dwarf. One involved a very short kick out timer that was hidden in an npc that spoke to a second npc who then did the kick out. The other one was a rare case where a hidden value was randomly 0. Both has been fixed and should never appear again. The GM team reported the issue then we confirmed the bug and fixed it then the GM team made it right by the user who reported the issue.

We investigated the Okolnir report as much as we could. For those who don't know; The Okolnir npcs check to see if you own a WoE 2 Castle when the quest begins, and right before the quest rewards the WoE 2 god items.

The following happened during the Valhalla run for the Aspirka.

Some time before 12:10:04pm on 6/15/2014 character named Xerrie died due to a monster.
At 12:10:04 Xerrie used a Token of Siegfried to revive themselves.
Sometime between 12:10:00pm and 12:11:00pm (for some reason the castles only record breaks on the top of the minute; I suspect this is so that there is time for everyone that is map changing to finish changing the map) Hardcore Monkey breaks the WoE 2 castle that Valhalla is running Okolnir in. 
Xerrie talks to the NPC who acts as they should and denies the WoE 2 God Item to Valhalla

It was such a near thing but they lost the castle in the middle of the run. Does it suck for them? Yes, as gamers we all collectively sighed and felt really bad for Valhalla as in essence they were robbed of the God Item by a single character death and about 30 seconds. We feel bad for the guild that it happened.

We did our best to see if there was some error but, we could not find anything on the NPC that had bugged out or was broken so we couldn't make the item that they would have gotten.

#103 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:31 AM

Here's some more words:

Why is it a big deal to make a rule about something Valhalla did non-maliciously and scream in red text everywhere about it being a rule, but there's zero warnings thrown around about client modification.

Were not yelling it out because of Valhalla, were yelling it out because the GM team wasn't enforcing it for 6 months and were trying to get the word out that it will be enforced now.

#104 strafe247

strafe247

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 516 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie / Ymir

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:33 AM

GMs should start watching WoE and PvP vids that players post online. See how they auto pot while in combat.  :no1:

#105 Elaine

Elaine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 130 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:34 AM

When you emblem switch you have a minute where no emblem appears above your head. This allows you to kind of be off the radar and maybe sneak through to get a break/recall when you wouldn't have been able to without abuse of game mechanics.

As for getting banned, today I found out the GM team wasn't doing any suspensions for emblem switching at all for the last 6 months despite several reports of some very clear cut abuse. Is was very unfair to the vast majority of the guilds who weren't abusing it. The GM team's manager is explaining to them that they do need to enforce the rules and take action. We were planning to announce it in the maintenance thread, put it in the announcement message rotation, update the patcher, post it on the forums, and on the website letting everyone know that going forward it will be enforced.

I appreciate the honesty in your post and that you are making an effort to address issues that the community cares about. I think more people need to realize that legitimate players want people who are breaking the rules to be punished, no matter how insignificant the offense may seem. There are rules for a reason, and if you aren't being punished for breaking them why have any rules to begin with? If some rules need to be adjusted then maybe this is something that needs to be discussed as well. Since cheating is easy and enough people go un-punished it continues and will remain a problem. I thoroughly support having WOE monitored by GMs, even if only on occasion. I think that the fear that you are being monitored for third party abuses, etc would at least increase confidence in the GM team that they do care about cheating and are doing something to combat it.

#106 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:40 AM

Unfortunately the God Item quest npc had two rare fail statements that could bug out the creation process. Due to this, we have had to award items to users who reached the dwarf. One involved a very short kick out timer that was hidden in an npc that spoke to a second npc who then did the kick out. The other one was a rare case where a hidden value was randomly 0. Both has been fixed and should never appear again. The GM team reported the issue then we confirmed the bug and fixed it then the GM team made it right by the user who reported the issue.

I'm on the verge of being very rude. Why were TWO ADDITIONAL users rewarded when seal power was only 2?

Surely only one of them could have used up the second dose of seal power. So why was a hammer made and then 2 separate Megingjards handed out to 2 separate guildleaders? Is there not a protocol to check which of them was the rightful recipient?

At what point does the quest allow THREE god items to be made via seal power 2?

We investigated the Okolnir report as much as we could. For those who don't know; The Okolnir npcs check to see if you own a WoE 2 Castle when the quest begins, and right before the quest rewards the WoE 2 god items.

The following happened during the Valhalla run for the Aspirka.

Some time before 12:10:04pm on 6/15/2014 character named Xerrie died due to a monster.
At 12:10:04 Xerrie used a Token of Siegfried to revive themselves.
Sometime between 12:10:00pm and 12:11:00pm (for some reason the castles only record breaks on the top of the minute; I suspect this is so that there is time for everyone that is map changing to finish changing the map) Hardcore Monkey breaks the WoE 2 castle that Valhalla is running Okolnir in. 
Xerrie talks to the NPC who acts as they should and denies the WoE 2 God Item to Valhalla

It was such a near thing but they lost the castle in the middle of the run. Does it suck for them? Yes, as gamers we all collectively sighed and felt really bad for Valhalla as in essence they were robbed of the God Item by a single character death and about 30 seconds. We feel bad for the guild that it happened.

We did our best to see if there was some error but, we could not find anything on the NPC that had bugged out or was broken so we couldn't make the item that they would have gotten.

Here's the part you neglect to remember - whilst I appreciate what looks like a well rehearsed reply, it was stated that we failed twice earlier in the week due to lag and players disconnecting because of the servers.

The NPCs talk about opening okolnir, they say nothing about failing if the castle is taken.

In this case we proved that without stupid isp issues on your end we can complete if just fine. But these disconnects were overlooked.

In the case of the megs, it's your fault you didn't script the npc correctly and nobody really knows wtf is supposed to happen.

In the case of the okolnir, its not our fault there was lag that week, its not our fault YOUR NPCs don't clarify where the checks are.

But there are a lot of asprikas on both sides, whereas for megs its kind of one sided! Nobody would blame the staff for keeping that in mind when refusing to address these questions.

#107 IcedCafeMocha

IcedCafeMocha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:42 AM

Were not yelling it out because of Valhalla, were yelling it out because the GM team wasn't enforcing it for 6 months and were trying to get the word out that it will be enforced now.

So everything reported in the last few weeks... null and void?

It would be nice and comforting to know at least any of the reports made for abuse of terms were being enforced rather than "oh we'll do it next time".

Edited by IcedCafeMocha, 20 August 2014 - 10:45 AM.

#108 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Classic

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:42 AM

GMs should start watching WoE and PvP vids that players post online. See how they auto pot while in combat.  :no1:

Kind of hard to find, especially if the GM team has limited knowledge. For example, if it is recorded with effects off you can be holding down a macro spamming potions so that you'll heal up as soon as you lose hp. Or having a SPP which will heal people immediately upon losing health. I don't think many people would post videos of themselves, publicly, well they are actually cheating. It's not hard to use potions/ygg seeds/berrys when your HP drops. AP ruins a lot, but there are plenty of people that can pot very efficiently legitly. All it requires is a simple macro, surplus of supplies, or expensive hp recovery items. 

#109 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:43 AM

So everything reported in the last few weeks... null and void?

Well if a few guilds and characters can't login after maint I'm sure you'll know.

Edited by needmorezleep, 20 August 2014 - 10:44 AM.

#110 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:45 AM

I screamed like crazy when it was done to harass me personally in game. I reported and yelled on the forums. It's only because the community

• didn't cry about snl doing it
  • didn't cry about wc doing it
  • did cry about valhalla doing it

I only started emblem swapping because of the 2 cases above and because it's easier to organize my multiple guilds in woe when we swap up emblems at the end.

We don't use "mindbreak" as an excuse to sneak around with no emblem and cancel people's ME's under hibram stormgust. There's absolutely no flexibility to considering the rule of forcing these guilds to use mindbreak guilds or punishing them for repeatedly being guildless for the sake of being emblemless.

The only reason you care is because people cried was not Valhalla. That was the same reason the whole stupid rule was put in.

Where was the uproar when wc did it? Where was the uproar when snl copied our emblem in feb? You just catered to community whining.

#111 IcedCafeMocha

IcedCafeMocha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:52 AM

106d89i.jpg

:heh: the hypocrisy is astounding in this thread

Edited by IcedCafeMocha, 20 August 2014 - 10:55 AM.

#112 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:55 AM

106d89i.jpg

:heh:

Lol it's clearly not cheating if we're reporting people for it and nothing happens.

The original rule was a knee-jerk reaction because Valk cried.

And funny look, a knee-jerk reaction now because Valk alliance cried.

Nobody cared when it was vh/snl/wc involved. But the moment it involves valk OMG HUGE RULES.

I can't believe you dumbasses bought my line about emblems lagging. The don't lag, they reload when you move or do a skill. They don't go blank when you change lol.

Edited by Xellie, 20 August 2014 - 10:55 AM.

#113 DonatoX

DonatoX

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3097 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:55 AM

I heard a lot of dark side of Our server last night..... So disappointed but nothing I can do. How sad!!!!

Edited by DonatoX, 20 August 2014 - 10:56 AM.

#114 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:56 AM

Someone link me to an autopot  and nodelay client so I can use that against valk and get it made into a rule too.

#115 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:00 AM

Lets have timestamps for the Mjolnir made under Elite seal roll, since we're throwing around exact actions to prove points.

#116 IcedCafeMocha

IcedCafeMocha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:02 AM

Is there anything I can do to help you with your issues?

Perhaps your needs aren't being met adequately.

#117 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:05 AM

Lets have timestamps for the Mjolnir made under Elite seal roll, since we're throwing around exact actions to prove points.

There is no issue with that item made under my guild. If there is any concern, Campitor can get a hold of me in private. 

#118 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:06 AM

Is there anything I can do to help you with your issues?

Perhaps your needs aren't being met adequately.

Well, you could take a long walk off a short pier and that would meet several of my needs right now.

Or perhaps you could support me in directing the GMs attention toward real cheats that affect the game badly? Not just changing to another emblem that isn't even blank.

Perhaps you could stop derailing the matter and try to look at things from a step back. That none of this mattered until Valhalla did it. Other guilds were doing it but nobody cared because it was Valhalla that complained, so we started again assuming that the "no change rule" was just a silly response to community crap many years ago.

Yeah blank should be illegal. It should have been illegal on chaos. It wasn't.

Another thing you could do is maybe cry loudly when I use ap/ndl on you next woe so that becomes a big deal in the GMs eyes too. Since Just Valhalla crying about it doesn't work (obviously) and Valk won't until I do it because they do it, I need your assistance in this matter.

There is no issue with that item made under my guild. If there is any concern, Campitor can get a hold of me in private. 

No.

There are issues with the items made during that seal roll. I want the timestamps for everything and every character, since they posted the timestamps for a character I didn't even play up in public and extra megs on the server affects everybody.

It would only be fair to explain to the rest of us why extra items that we have to compete against were made.

Thanks.

Edited by Xellie, 20 August 2014 - 11:08 AM.

#119 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:07 AM

wow... im glad i didnt stick around on classic... sooo much hostility... sooo much drama...

#120 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:07 AM

I got a 1 week ban for emblem swapping once when my guild was bored doing nothing in 2ez while defending our castle in front of the first barricade, it was probably the dumbest ban that I could imagine (except for mobbing goats on valk server).

Now that I remember it, I actually got banned during WoE, lmao.

Edited by iamvrypwrful, 20 August 2014 - 11:08 AM.

#121 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:10 AM

wow... im glad i didnt stick around on classic... sooo much hostility... sooo much drama...

im glad you decided that as well

#122 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:10 AM

I got a 1 week ban for emblem swapping once when my guild was bored doing nothing in 2ez while defending our castle in front of the first barricade, it was probably the dumbest ban that I could imagine (except for mobbing goats on valk server).

So, multiple guilds have changed emblems/blank emblems? Yet you guys are the only ones to ever have the rules enforced on you? lol makes sense.

#123 IcedCafeMocha

IcedCafeMocha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:11 AM

Well, you could take a long walk off a short pier and that would meet several of my needs right now.

Or perhaps you could support me in directing the GMs attention toward real cheats that affect the game badly? Not just changing to another emblem that isn't even blank.

Perhaps you could stop derailing the matter and try to look at things from a step back. That none of this mattered until Valhalla did it. Other guilds were doing it but nobody cared because it was Valhalla that complained, so we started again assuming that the "no change rule" was just a silly response to community crap many years ago.

Yeah blank should be illegal. It should have been illegal on chaos. It wasn't.

Another thing you could do is maybe cry loudly when I use ap/ndl on you next woe so that becomes a big deal in the GMs eyes too. Since Just Valhalla crying about it doesn't work (obviously) and Valk won't until I do it because they do it, I need your assistance in this matter.

No.

There are issues with the items made during that seal roll. I want the timestamps for everything and every character, since they posted the timestamps for a character I didn't even play up in public and extra megs on the server affects everybody.

It would only be fair to explain to the rest of us why extra items that we have to compete against were made.

Thanks.

Shut up, real guilds are talking.

7gKNLIL.jpg

#124 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:12 AM

This is what happens when things are selectively enforced lol, maybe someday renewal will have this happen as well or has had it happen in the past. If you don't play in a woe guild though I doubt it will matter for you.

#125 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:12 AM

It was when that rule was like super new

And still super stupid lol.

It's like the worlds stupidest rule, who cares if it's not blank. People just need something to blame their losses on. And they go after Valhalla particularly because we flip them off for using real cheats instead of just changing colours over their heads.

Next it'll be -_- like

UR EMBLEM KOOKS TOO MUCH LIKE OURS

ITS TOO SMALL

IM COLOUR BLIND AND CANT SEE IT

GREEN EMBLEMS SHOULD BE ILLEGAL

OMG USED A BABY KNIGHT WE CANT TARGET IT BAN.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users