Advise for SM Full Support/Semi-DPS - Page 3 - Soulmaker - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Advise for SM Full Support/Semi-DPS

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#51 angelsnare

angelsnare

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 21 September 2014 - 10:14 PM

Thanks for that rerp. I am exploring other possibilities on my build since I have 4 skill resets left, and I think being a full support SM would be suitable for Osi. I was also thinking of upping Soul Extinction instead of Death Spell just for the sake of having DPS lol. SE DoT would contribute well while I am healing/relinking. Only disadvantage is SE is single-target only; therefore not suitable for mobs. (and SE has lame DoT? Please update me on this) 

Overall, endgame my build would probably still be full support haha  :p_hi:

#52 dashANDslash

dashANDslash

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Server:odin

Posted 21 September 2014 - 10:59 PM

I am new here but looking for best support type here i am just asking can anybody give me your skill build? hehe like plasing it in a emulator perhaps? cause i am lost here there links and etc sorry for the questions

#53 angelsnare

angelsnare

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 11:26 PM

Hallo! I'm also new here like you but here is mine right now: *Sorry having a little trouble with the link, I'll get back to this one soon lol*

ML10 Soulmaker. If you don't have a perma party then I don't recommend maxing all the links (the last 4 skills on the middle tree). The most impt skill for a FS SM is Cure, so max it. 

#54 aoi911

aoi911

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 02:30 AM

better keep Death spell only 1, it's not worth to max it. In osi, you just cure yourself then tank ( other if you can) then death spell => soul extortion :D

Soul extinction is purely for pvp or to deal with boss which got element to get better dot ( still , it's not really great dot, only 1k-1.5k with elemental boss/mobs)

#55 angelsnare

angelsnare

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 11:20 PM

Tried Osi and it's.. fine I guess.  :wah:  

I've come to the conclusion that I'll be having Max Sacrifice as my main DPS, my high HP will contribute well to the damage. So yeah, I'll be investing on Sacrifice, Restore and Restoration for my ML skills.  :p_hi:

#56 NyxCandica

NyxCandica

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 06 October 2014 - 08:16 PM

http://roguard.net/e...3155550515a111/

what do you think of this skill build?

#57 angelsnare

angelsnare

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 09:03 PM

It's ok for me, since MB will contribute well as DPS. MB > Soul Extortion any time since Extortion can be cancelled midway if enemy is dead. 

I have redone my skills and maxed all my DPS for the meantime (we need to kill Osi and other bosses quickly for recipes). I heard that links will be really useful in DW, if it is then I'm going to reset again and revert to my original FS build.

All my heals are maxed (minus Cure Pearl). I think it's overkill. But Restore vs Restoration, I would probably invest more into Restore since it's an emergency heal. Actually, it depends on your party and how well the tank can keep the aggro away from DPS. Our tank can manage the aggro all by himself so my heals are always focused on him, therefore the need to maxing Restore since it can heal dollops of HP.  I will probably leave Restoration at 5 or something.

This is just me, but Devotion is a lifesaver. I would suggest investing a point in it. You can cast it on your tank/main healer/someone who is about to die.

As for Immunity, I have no comments since I haven't really allotted any points on it. 

Overall I'm still a newbie with my SM so you hafta ask the other high level ones for their suggestions  :p_hi:

#58 stradie2

stradie2

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 October 2014 - 09:23 PM

s

It's ok for me, since MB will contribute well as DPS. MB > Soul Extortion any time since Extortion can be cancelled midway if enemy is dead. 

I have redone my skills and maxed all my DPS for the meantime (we need to kill Osi and other bosses quickly for recipes). I heard that links will be really useful in DW, if it is then I'm going to reset again and revert to my original FS build.

All my heals are maxed (minus Cure Pearl). I think it's overkill. But Restore vs Restoration, I would probably invest more into Restore since it's an emergency heal. Actually, it depends on your party and how well the tank can keep the aggro away from DPS. Our tank can manage the aggro all by himself so my heals are always focused on him, therefore the need to maxing Restore since it can heal dollops of HP.  I will probably leave Restoration at 5 or something.

This is just me, but Devotion is a lifesaver. I would suggest investing a point in it. You can cast it on your tank/main healer/someone who is about to die.

As for Immunity, I have no comments since I haven't really allotted any points on it. 

Overall I'm still a newbie with my SM so you hafta ask the other high level ones for their suggestions  :p_hi:

Hi angelsnare, it depends on what type of SM you are going for, as per current, SM have to be divided into PVE or PVP style of build. If you are pvp oriented, you should max skill that can enable you to move after cast, SM is too fragile to tank damage from others even with refined gears. PVE wise, I think you have the idea right since everyone has different style of gameplay.   

Ps: I have no idea why I could not paste my skill build link here to show you, probably sometime later in game (SEA->NA) or private message me for more if you are interested. 

Edited by stradie2, 09 October 2014 - 09:28 PM.

#59 angelsnare

angelsnare

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 09:47 PM

I want to focus into PVE since the PVP on this game is so broken.  :p_ang:  Thanks, I would send you a PM soon if I have any questions  :p_hi:

#60 angelsnare

angelsnare

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 05:51 PM

Hi again guys. I've been meaning to ask this question but I keep forgetting to post it  :p_err:

What is glass mental debuff? How does it work exactly? Is it auto-cast, or do you need to click something to be able to cast it? How would you know if it procures?

Thanks again  :no1:

#61 x3iamalicexd

x3iamalicexd

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • LocationRip Ch12&13

Posted 12 October 2014 - 09:12 PM

Mental glass is the proc when using mental breakdown and allows you to instant cast skills like sacrifice, death spell, soul extinction, and immunity. All you need to do is look at the enemies debuffs under their portrait when using mental breakdown and use any of those previously mentioned skills instantly~

#62 aoi911

aoi911

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 13 October 2014 - 01:11 AM

and with mental glass debuff, your sacrifice dmg will get more 30% ;)

#63 angelsnare

angelsnare

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 06:41 PM

and with mental glass debuff, your sacrifice dmg will get more 30% ;)

Mental glass is the proc when using mental breakdown and allows you to instant cast skills like sacrifice, death spell, soul extinction, and immunity. All you need to do is look at the enemies debuffs under their portrait when using mental breakdown and use any of those previously mentioned skills instantly~

Thanks!

#64 FoxyRaine

FoxyRaine

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 06:25 AM

Hi ma'am angelsnare...just wanted to request if you can share your updated SM build...having a hard time trying to keep up with the discussion while trying to see what skills are more helpful...and what should the ratio for int:vit be? :p_love:

Edited by FoxyRaine, 11 November 2014 - 06:27 AM.

#65 angelsnare

angelsnare

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 06:31 AM

Hi ma'am angelsnare...just wanted to request if you can share your updated SM build...having a hard time trying to keep up with the discussion while trying to see what skills are more helpful...and what should the ratio for int:vit be? :p_love:

hi! my build right now is pure agi for grinding purposes. ill see if i can manage to survive dw on agi alone lol. i love the extra heal and buffs when it crits. if agi is not effective, then i would probably be vit endgame. :p_smile: i have maxed my healing skills so its better to be tanky rather than have high heal.

i dont really like doing DPS, so i maxed out all the healing skills except cure pearl. links are also maxed except for devo, which is prolly going to be lvl 3 or 4..? im still not sure ohoho! i didnt get immunity, but i have awakening maxed.i still have unspent skill pts and i dont really know where to put them haha

take note this is a full support one so yeah if you want dps i cant really suggest anything xD

#66 Seanski

Seanski

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 11:54 PM

hi! my build right now is pure agi for grinding purposes. ill see if i can manage to survive dw on agi alone lol. i love the extra heal and buffs when it crits. if agi is not effective, then i would probably be vit endgame. :p_smile: i have maxed my healing skills so its better to be tanky rather than have high heal.

i dont really like doing DPS, so i maxed out all the healing skills except cure pearl. links are also maxed except for devo, which is prolly going to be lvl 3 or 4..? im still not sure ohoho! i didnt get immunity, but i have awakening maxed.i still have unspent skill pts and i dont really know where to put them haha

take note this is a full support one so yeah if you want dps i cant really suggest anything xD

What level are you now? How much HP do you have with the full agi build?

#67 angelsnare

angelsnare

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 22 November 2014 - 10:17 AM

What level are you now? How much HP do you have with the full agi build?

I'm still ML20 finishing stat and skill pts. (Transferred to Freyja).

Max HP would be around 23-26k? 26k if with HP buff of priest. I have guild buffs also so that helped a lot.

Stat right now is 180 agi and 20-30-ish vit. I am experimenting if I can go DWU with agi-vit build (lol) so I'll update you guys if it's effective. Raising agi is for procuring of additional buffs and heals of links, not for DPS. Vit is self-explanatory haha.

#68 Seanski

Seanski

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 23 November 2014 - 05:54 PM

I'm still ML20 finishing stat and skill pts. (Transferred to Freyja).
Max HP would be around 23-26k? 26k if with HP buff of priest. I have guild buffs also so that helped a lot.

Stat right now is 180 agi and 20-30-ish vit. I am experimenting if I can go DWU with agi-vit build (lol) so I'll update you guys if it's effective. Raising agi is for procuring of additional buffs and heals of links, not for DPS. Vit is self-explanatory haha.

I see. I was just curious. Agi + Vit should give you a pretty powerful Sacrifice... :P

Edited by Seanski, 23 November 2014 - 05:55 PM.

#69 Kramore

Kramore

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 07:00 PM

I can no longer keep up with the discussion but I have a question about a DPS/PVP oriented build. Should I also focus on my Vit/Int or Int/Agi for more damage output? Thanks and Happy to New Year to y'all!!

#70 MingMei

MingMei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 07:06 PM

Vit mostly so you could survive lesser Sins/monks or getting 1 shotted by catapaults 

#71 Kramore

Kramore

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 07:20 PM

So it should be Vit and Int then? 

#72 MingMei

MingMei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 07:21 PM

Vit Vit XD

#73 Kramore

Kramore

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 09:06 PM

Really? But how about the damage? Sorry completely noob here.  :wah:

#74 MingMei

MingMei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 09:15 PM

you dont get much damage from int 

to know how much damage youll be missing just take off equips that have closest value to your current int

Edited by chaseme, 28 December 2014 - 09:21 PM.

#75 Seanski

Seanski

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 11:17 PM

so we'd be able to pvp even with full vit runes?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users