SEA Merger Feedback - Page 15 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

SEA Merger Feedback

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
359 replies to this topic

#351 Samu386

Samu386

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 15 September 2014 - 08:30 PM

• All items and zeny will not be brought over 'as is' and will be limited at development's discretion. We will have more info on what will be limited closer to the time of the merger.
  • Items that do not exist on Odin will not come to our server.
  • Characters with names taken on Odin will be prompted to change their name when joining the server
  • Bugged and duped items will be restricted by development. We are looking at putting other restrictions on items and a limit on zeny.
  • The servers are NOT combining all data. Only players who opt to have their character moved to Odin via a token will be brought over. We've already requested that what is brought over to be limited by development based on the needs of the server with consideration to the in game economy.

Jump Event = Level 50 (same than PH players come Odin, but different = transfer). Maybe with some of experience scrolls or VIP (start or transfer pack), consider veteran and PH players effort on farm exp and Master points too.  :thx:

Zeny and seed grade, don't transfer it, please. Balance, economy. Gears without runes, cards +0, characters without summons and without designs too (consider veteran and PH players, efforts and dedication in game, please).

SEA players farm again: Seed runes, DNA fragments and designs in Odin server. EQUALITY.  :no1:

(SEA had a different (high) % of success and luck about seed, drop rate, etc).

Odin server players, had a first priority with names (about character already created and active).   :thx:

Items that do not exist on Odin will not come to our server.  :no1:

Edited by Samu386, 15 September 2014 - 09:03 PM.

#352 Sestuplo

Sestuplo

RO2 Volunteer Class Rep

• Members
  • 750 posts
  • LocationGMT +9059 (WarpPortal time)
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 September 2014 - 08:48 PM

I got transferred to a different server recently, all of my costumes became undyed and all of my runes were gone.

#353 TensaZangetsu01

TensaZangetsu01

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • LocationFallen Fortress
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Vanir

Posted 15 September 2014 - 09:02 PM

...... And that also reminds me how I farmed in Fallen Fortress.... I taunted a single enemy and let it be killed by the nearby archers, praying that I won't get stunned too often so that I can pot myself through this.

So nostalgic....way to farm seed ^^ and DNA...^^   Stay 4 hr per day at FF to get about 10-20 blueseeds

#354 Blondheart

Blondheart

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 391 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 15 September 2014 - 09:15 PM

I am not that concerned about most of the things people are fussing over.  I think a merge is fine as long as people follow the rules and use the right channels in pub.  

As for multiple (rare) costumes....bring them.  In the end it will lower the cost in the AH.  Our RNG is so bad that even with the OCU being released in boxes right now, that costume still costs millions for the ONE or TWO in AH at any given time.  Most rare costumes have such a low drop rate that too many people just can't get them.

Even if they were allowed to bring all their zeny...sure the AH will go haywire for a bit but then it will settle down.  That kind of zeny cannot be earned on our server so it can't be maintained.  They will have to spend it to buy things and over time it will be dispersed among the community via the AH.  It will balance out.

The seeds worry me a bit, but either have an event where players can earn similar (not a WOE event, too many players don't do WOE)  but some type of an event to even it up, or cap the ones coming in.  Best choice is to phase out seeds altogether really, and it was the best choice even before the merge.  I hope they still do it someday.  I say this despite having some pretty good runes.  That would be the first step toward true balance.

As for the fear of hacking/botting/duping items....well this happens in every game on every server.  I hope that more GM's will be brought in to monitor the situation and keep it under control.  Because it does have an adverse effect on people like me, who never do anything like that.  If I am going to win at something...I prefer to do it the legit way or it's not really winning.

As for high level pets and cards...let them keep them but just nerf those puppies on the way in the door.  Problem solved.  

I welcome new players.  I think it's great.  I would like to see it be fair to both sides.  I can also understand both sides points of view.  Even if my server was closing I would be really sad if all my hard work and money for my gained items/gear/etc. was lost.  

From our side, it is unfair if they come in with OP stuff we just flat out never had the opportunity to get despite incredible effort and hard work.  And yes we work hard too.  

Personally I think the devs should make accounts on both servers before SEA closes and play the game themselves so they have a true idea of how both work.  That would give them a clear picture of what needs to be done to make a fair and balanced transition.

I appreciate that you let us give feedback, I hope you will listen to it and take into account.  

The one thing I am appalled over are the generalizations people are using in here from both sides.  There are nice people, hard working people, cheaters, and jerks in every country and on every server.  Judge by the individual, not the masses.  People on these games come in every shape, color, size, age, moral point of view and income bracket.  Don't be insulting to any group as a whole.

#355 Izionite

Izionite

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 11:45 PM

aeria ignite users being wipe out? please help us out.. nthing is being announce on both aeria and warp portal. thanks

#356 DzeyVi

DzeyVi

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 16 September 2014 - 01:12 AM

i think this one is the best reason why SEA players should have there own server in WP  RO2 .

Item: Blue Seed Rune[50] 

source: http://ro2.playpark....the-blood-flow/

99.99% of Ro2 NA server dont have this rune. (one of a kind in our server)

while in Ro2 SEA had this much (see link)

THEY GAVE IT AWAY!!! WHILE WE WORK on Ours!

#357 skippyang

skippyang

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 02:41 AM

Will one server be based in Asia while the other in the US. Since that would reduce the lag and disconnection of Asian players considerably.

Will there also be split servers for Odin and Asgardians.

#358 skippyang

skippyang

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 03:33 AM

The only thing thing that WP should consider around here should be quality and not quantity. All bias should be just that. Quality and not quantity!

With RO2 being considered as an international server. Will they now consider quality than quantity... They should fix the fking issues in-game.

Where are the following:

Short distance Flying Kafra in Day-R and Morroc
Class Balancing are still in progress. Knights are still not the main tank in the game, due to that their not popular as Warrior.
Where's the increase of chance in refining. Cause their is so many gears and not enough money to spend on infinium.
Increase in Drop Rate. The devs increase the drop rate of mats in OSI in Sea.
Several Classes still have bugs like Beastmaster unable to indefinitely move in tiger form after Casting Beast Charge.

I really feel like this game is going to close real soon. Signs of why?

That they have procured PH which has the highest drop of rate of disconnections.

Korean server have long closed.

The merging of two servers which has two different payment systems.

The ratio of KP is unfair. When a user is paying dollars to Korean money is really unfair to the value we recive in game. Seriously too much rng on items, and they're all expensive and we don't get the items when we want it even thou its paid.

Will all that be fixed when two servers are merged.

#359 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 01:10 AM

As for multiple (rare) costumes....bring them.  In the end it will lower the cost in the AH.  Our RNG is so bad that even with the OCU being released in boxes right now, that costume still costs millions for the ONE or TWO in AH at any given time.  Most rare costumes have such a low drop rate that too many people just can't get them.

Even if they were allowed to bring all their zeny...sure the AH will go haywire for a bit but then it will settle down.  That kind of zeny cannot be earned on our server so it can't be maintained.  They will have to spend it to buy things and over time it will be dispersed among the community via the AH.  It will balance out.

It seems you haven't thought that through carefully enough.

If a few people can bring 100 OCUs to Odin, guess who will have all the zeny then? Guess why even the Greeks have forbidden Persian gold coins as a valid payment method? Guess how that would have "stabilized" the system otherwise in the end...

Will one server be based in Asia while the other in the US. Since that would reduce the lag and disconnection of Asian players considerably.

Two servers won't reduce the lag if players of these two different zones play together... like in WoE f.e. The TCP packets still have to be transferred around the globe and you still would have to synchronize these two servers.

• Short distance Flying Kafra in Day-R and Morroc
  • Class Balancing are still in progress. Knights are still not the main tank in the game, due to that their not popular as Warrior.
  • Where's the increase of chance in refining. Cause their is so many gears and not enough money to spend on infinium.
  • Increase in Drop Rate. The devs increase the drop rate of mats in OSI in Sea.
  • Several Classes still have bugs like Beastmaster unable to indefinitely move in tiger form after Casting Beast Charge.

By most parts, THESE aren't the real issues of the game.

Short Flight: You've got speed bonus on Ymir form. I've tried to farm Osiris cards, so please put a short flight service right in front of the boss so that I don't have to run there 2~3min first!

Knights: They are far away from being the worst class in the game, can outhreat a monk, can have a higher defense and have better heals :P

Refining: WP started just another free Blessing/Luck Powder + Infinium event that you can abuse by having multiple different accounts (since those boxes were made tradeable).

Drop Rate: Since most mats are tradeable, it would generate the wrong result. For OSI mats f.e., there were still many players who created multiple weapons in hope to get a 4-star version and/or a better honing. IMO, a one-time quest reward would be much better.

Bugs: Of all the bugs, the tiger-roll is one of the most insignificant one. And the most probable fix would be do forbid the use of Beast Charge while in Tiger Form.

So my preferred list would be:
  • Fix damage, defense & vigor formula:
    • Defense has to always be around 20~40% (depending on class)
    • Damage accordingly => Divide skill effect by weapon speed (but incl. haste)
    • Vigor should have a natural maximum rate of 50%
    • In general: player level should have a higher impact in decr. stats
    • Adjust new content monsters to scale with the decreased damage
  • Balance classes
    • Remove Battle Tactics
    • Remove Judex Stun (DoTs, etc. are automatically fixed by the first point)
    • Make Cure unstackable
    • Lower the amount to speed bonuses
  • Stat balances
    • Return to the old "every class gets the same stats" mechanic
    • Include the current class specific stat bonuses as improved skill effects
    • Lower the values on the gear, but increase the statpoints for the player
  • Lower the amount of RNG
    • Gambling in a game that's allowed for under-age persons is indictable
    • Rather implement more "gatherable" elements
    • Implement convenience shortcuts as a source of income (f.e. MP boxes)

#360 CMMaridah

CMMaridah

Community Management Bunny

• Retired
  • 715 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:51 AM

Due to the fact that this thread has derailed so many times despite warnings to get back on topic and abide by forum rules, I'm locking it. 
We have a good grasp of the concerns so we will be taking the constructive content of this thread into account when handling the account transitions next month.

Please respect your fellow players. Hostile or insulting comments towards any one regardless of region will result in moderator action.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users