[renewal] Question to renewal players - Page 6 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

[renewal] Question to renewal players

• Please log in to reply
200 replies to this topic

#126 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 28 October 2014 - 04:06 PM

Fixed cast times are rediculous for me in TE. Also you can't compare acid bomb since it is much more op in TE then classic. I speak from experience since the guild I played in quit TE since nobody wanted to fight (RS).

#127 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 28 October 2014 - 04:08 PM

renewal scrub: What weapon should I use for acid bomb?
valhalla : none

renewal scrub : no really for aspd? but what about my damage?

valhalla : atk doesn't factor into acid bomb

renewal scrub : say whaaaaaaat? is that real?

(renewal scrub is actually the guys name!) I would hope acid bomb cast is longer on that server lol xD roflroflr olslfawlajfma;sflka

#128 Alicesaurus

Alicesaurus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 28 October 2014 - 04:10 PM

Experience as a classic player "your WP profile", not as a renewal player wonder why you never mentioned what class you tried to play... I would love to critique what class you were on without you making a generalized argument about all classes.

Also biochem are very different. But they are powerful! Not as powerful as in classic but they make a DENT.

Edited by Alicesaurus, 28 October 2014 - 04:11 PM.

#129 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 28 October 2014 - 04:13 PM

They're stronger

if TE is so balanced Alice, why don't  you go attack some forts?

#130 Alicesaurus

Alicesaurus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 04:16 PM

We do attack forts when we aren't outnumbered 4:1 in our own fort. recently animosity alliance have decided they really want our fort! Why dont you ask them?

#131 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 28 October 2014 - 04:18 PM

*gasp* you hold off an alliance outnumbered 4:1?! That sounds sooooooo balanced!

My talking about WoE TE probably sounds about as knowledgeable / ignorant as you talking about Classic WoE. Even pre-re experience doesn't compare to Classic, the only thing that is the same is the physics.

#132 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 28 October 2014 - 04:20 PM

Experience as a classic player "your WP profile", not as a renewal player wonder why you never mentioned what class you tried to play... I would love to critique what class you were on without you making a generalized argument about all classes.

Also biochem are very different. But they are powerful! Not as powerful as in classic but they make a DENT.

http://ropd.info/?account=1700331 That's 1 of 20 reneal accounts.

Comparing WoE TE to Classic WoE is ridiculous. The only thing they share in common are names of classes and skills, since they are two entirely different games. The mechanics are totally different. WoE TE lost guilds due to guilds just sitting and precasting on top of X amount of CPs. Renewal is such lack luster. Gear swaping is non existent by many players and the closest thing to "teamwork" is setting up CP teams and precasting. My experience, along with renewal WoE TE guilds, is that it's unskillful and boring. 

We are comparing apples to oranges. There is a reason why, world wide, pre-renewal mechanics are drastically more popular. I suppose that would make this slightly off topic though. 

About the biochemist comparison... Bios aren't good on Classic unless your guild is built around supporting them. WoE TE you can like 1 shot a Sac pally w/ acid bomb. WoE classic in strings you wont kill a sac pally. 

Edited by Gn1ydnu, 28 October 2014 - 04:22 PM.

#133 Alicesaurus

Alicesaurus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 04:22 PM

I believe it's the old discussion of teamwork and quality core members VS Zerg XXX

I thought classic was supposed to be the shinning example where a well honed team meant more than numbers? Are you ceding us the title for server where skill matters more? I expected more of a fight over it.

#134 Divine

Divine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 04:23 PM

*gasp* you hold off an alliance outnumbered 4:1?! That sounds sooooooo balanced!

My talking about WoE TE probably sounds about as knowledgeable / ignorant as you talking about Classic WoE. Even pre-re experience doesn't compare to Classic, the only thing that is the same is the physics.

Actually its because of things like CP! (see the CP thread) Anyways like I said before I play both WoEs and its alot more fun and balanced in TE than it is on Classic. I feel more comfortable asking people from classic to play TE than I do getting people from Renewal to play Classic.

#135 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 28 October 2014 - 04:25 PM

My point is, you really don't know crap about Classic.

I can give you video after video of my teen attendance guild slamming an alliance (who are behind portals precasting), it actually means nothing in terms of what we can get from the server. It's just about the individuals players' skills and the attacking/defending teams teamwork.

Things like insta-sac /insta-ME allow those sorts of precasts to be broken down. So no, you don't get the same experience from Classic as you would from TE.

@Divine: ever considered that the people you play with on Classic are just doing it wrong? :p_sick: I don't want to start a guild mud slinging fest here, but I would feel more comfortable asking people to play on renewal if I was in smokies during TE than I would asking them to play with valk on Classic. If I was asking them to play in WC tho, Classic might win out on that

Edited by Xellie, 28 October 2014 - 04:27 PM.

#136 Alicesaurus

Alicesaurus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 04:36 PM

Can not be bothered to sling mud but I believe you underestimate Renewal woe TE and that it makes it that much more difficult for you to get renewal players to play classic. Both woe's have their positives and negatives but you cant get away with denouncing one as inferior to the other, you have to accept that it's a formidable barrior to recruiting from the main server. You are in fact directly competing with it and you should accept that so you can try to out-market it. Saying it's a load of crap and classic is so much better does not rub or wash well with renewal players because they will have first hand experience and understanding of your competition and therefore you need to draw from your positives as opposed to trying to rub mud about how bad renewal is because they already know what renewal woe TE is.

#137 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 28 October 2014 - 04:45 PM

I shared my experience with WoE TE and said "we are comparing apples to oranges... They are different games".

I found interest in a renewal woe and did it. I believe this thread is to gather information about people that do renewal but find some interest in classic woe.

#138 Divine

Divine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 04:47 PM

Divine: ever considered that the people you play with on Classic are just doing it wrong? :p_sick: I don't want to start a guild mud slinging fest here, but I would feel more comfortable asking people to play on renewal if I was in smokies during TE than I would asking them to play with valk on Classic. If I was asking them to play in WC tho, Classic might win out on that

Kinda, but I have a guildie who WoEs in WC and from what they describe about that guild other people arent too interested in joining them either. 

Another reason why its hard to get people from Renewal -> Classic is WoE times. Two WoEs a day can be a little too much for people, why was Classic 2.0 WoE changed from friday to sunday btw? I liked the friday night WoEs ~

#139 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 28 October 2014 - 04:50 PM

Can not be bothered to sling mud but I believe you underestimate Renewal woe TE and that it makes it that much more difficult for you to get renewal players to play classic. Both woe's have their positives and negatives but you cant get away with denouncing one as inferior to the other, you have to accept that it's a formidable barrior to recruiting from the main server. You are in fact directly competing with it and you should accept that so you can try to out-market it. Saying it's a load of crap and classic is so much better does not rub or wash well with renewal players because they will have first hand experience and understanding of your competition and therefore you need to draw from your positives as opposed to trying to rub mud about how bad renewal is because they already know what renewal woe TE is.

Actually, you're the one that said TE was superior, I just asked why and did that renewal player thing of slinging imaginary facts around to try and defend my point. Not so cool when done back to you, is it?

@Divine: I liked friday night woes too, I felt a huge hit in VH's attendance when SE was moved to sundays. I'd also like to do TE more often but it's too close to Classic prep time for me.

#140 Alicesaurus

Alicesaurus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 05:01 PM

Actually, you're the one that said TE was superior, I just asked why and did that renewal player thing of slinging imaginary facts around to try and defend my point. Not so cool when done back to you, is it?

Not once said it was superior, try to quote me on that pretty sure I would never let that one slip because it's not. Like its been said apples and oranges. Facts aren't slippery they have a habit of sticking to things.

I said TE was more popular, more populated, perhaps better balanced. Superior? That sounds like a imaginary fact being used to try and defend, oh wait!

#141 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 28 October 2014 - 05:04 PM

Not once said it was superior, try to quote me on that pretty sure I would never let that one slip because it's not. Like its been said apples and oranges. Facts aren't slippery they have a habit of sticking to things.

I said TE was more popular, more populated, perhaps better balanced. Superior? That sounds like a imaginary fact being used to try and defend, oh wait!

Come on, I know you're better than this.

Yes we have to compete with WoE TE, which is more accessible due to the userbase being mostly there etc, but there is more to Classic than just that and it's a completely different game.

#142 kiddomaddo

kiddomaddo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 510 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 October 2014 - 01:24 AM

Hello,

After going through quite many posts through this thread, the best idea you could come up with trying to market the classic server to the renewal population is to tell us how your server/WoE is better ours?

I personally would try another approach but good luck with this strategy and hope that you are able to keep Classic lively.

Have a good day.

Edited by kiddomaddo, 29 October 2014 - 01:25 AM.

#143 Kailash

Kailash

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 01:31 AM

Let's all only pick out facts that support our position and ignore everything else for a minute... Oh wait

^

#144 PyroPenguin

PyroPenguin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 10:12 AM

you know xellie, the classic server will never have the population that the renewal server does.........instead of trying to poach players from the renewal server, why not find a way to advertise outside of the wp forums........i mean come on, if you want players, you need to actively seek them out, not hope you can sway people over to your way of thinking

and yes, i know this post will likely land me in hot water with the mods, but it needed to be said

Edited by PyroPenguin, 29 October 2014 - 10:13 AM.

#145 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 29 October 2014 - 10:31 AM

People can play both?

#146 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 October 2014 - 10:31 AM

Hello,

After going through quite many posts through this thread, the best idea you could come up with trying to market the classic server to the renewal population is to tell us how your server/WoE is better ours?

I personally would try another approach but good luck with this strategy and hope that you are able to keep Classic lively.

Have a good day.

I dont even think its about saying which is "better" because its always going to be an opinion and start huge arguments that dont really help. But clearing up some misconceptions Renewal players have about Classic is probably the best place to start.

What's the best way to introduce Classic as it is now, to Renewal players? Do we make some videos with clips from WoE/PvP/PvM? Do we get more people livestreaming things?

#147 IcedCafeMocha

IcedCafeMocha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 29 October 2014 - 10:34 AM

you know xellie, the classic server will never have the population that the renewal server does.........instead of trying to poach players from the renewal server, why not find a way to advertise outside of the wp forums........i mean come on, if you want players, you need to actively seek them out, not hope you can sway people over to your way of thinking

and yes, i know this post will likely land me in hot water with the mods, but it needed to be said

It's not her job to populate any of the WP games/server, let THAT sink in and people will or should soon realize that the players care more than these "mods" and "community managers" do (some have for a very long time). It's unfair of you or anyone to expect this of Xellie or anyone else just because she and a few others speak up about server problems doesn't make it our job to fix them, even if we do try to help fix them.

Edited by IcedCafeMocha, 29 October 2014 - 10:35 AM.

#148 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 29 October 2014 - 10:38 AM

No new content after Episode 13 means that questing grinds to a dead halt after a while. PVM isn't really worth it. It really is more of a WoE/PVP kind of server on there.

That said, why not turn Classic into a PVP server and have monsters drop WoE supplies? Might as well cater to the majority.

#149 IcedCafeMocha

IcedCafeMocha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 29 October 2014 - 10:42 AM

No new content after Episode 13 means that questing grinds to a dead halt after a while. PVM isn't really worth it. It really is more of a WoE/PVP kind of server on there.

That said, why not turn Classic into a PVP server and have monsters drop WoE supplies? Might as well cater to the majority.

I play Classic because I couldn't stand renewal (do a full wipe and i might but till then... no thanks), I don't play to PvP 100% of my time >.< Not everyone there PvPs either.

#150 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 29 October 2014 - 10:45 AM

I play Classic because I couldn't stand renewal (do a full wipe and i might but till then... no thanks), I don't play to PvP 100% of my time >.< Not everyone there PvPs either.

Which is why I suggested changing the PVM around to cater to the majority PVP population. People can PVM to help supply guilds and guilds can pay PVM players to gather supplies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users