- Competition is stale - for the most part, it's generally the same guilds that consistently get castles/compete, and there aren't many new guilds being created because of how hard it is to keep up with the bigger ones.
- Cheating - this one has been brought up time and time again, it's almost redundant. Cheaters need to be more severely punished, or punished at all for that matter.
- Alliances - I personally think alliances need to be more limited than they are currently because of how little the number of people WoEing is. It's kind of silly that there are only really 2 - and correct me if I'm wrong - alliances right now.
- Guild sizes - "Another concern I often hear from people is the size of the guilds, 56 members in 1 guild is too much, and there's only 1-2 guilds who actually do have a full 56 person attendance (and that's not always either) whereas all other guilds have about 20~30 on average during WoE." - Akreis
- Castle loots - "One of the biggest problems in WoE is Castle Drops. Currently there is no way for a new WoE Guild to form since they will die out within a week of taking a castle. Currently the only way to have supplies for WoE is to already have the money. If a new Guild were to take a castle they would quickly learn that the cost to take a Castle far outways the rewards provided by a Castle. All the Guilds currently competing in WoE are self funded." - Riakuta
- God Items/MVP Cards - There's an abundance of them on the server, making it more difficult for new competition to come forth because they can't compete in terms of sheer power. - (sorry, couldn't find the original post that brought this point up)
- God pieces - Reinstate the disabled castles, and assign god pieces to each WoE fort again. Randomized god pieces has taken absolutely ALL the strategy out of which fort a guild would be going after. No longer does a guild work their hardest to keep a fort that has a piece they need. If they're able to defend it and keep the number of breaks down and keep the econ as high as they can, that's great. And when the piece/s they need drop, burn it. It's such a fundamental aspect of what WoE used to be and what WoE isn't anymore. A lot of the problems that we have with huge alliances and unfair fights would change if the huge alliances had castles that they NEEDED to be in for their strategy of which gods they needed to make, which would balance in the aspect that the bigger guilds would need to keep defense there as well to fend off attacks as well as rolling through whatever castle they decide to roll through for fights. - Jaelynn
This thread isn't intended to start any sort of guild drama, and I'd very much appreciate it if it could remain that way. Its sole purpose is to encourage discussion about about WoE these days, and possible ways to improve it - feasible ways.
Edited by Alaska, 13 November 2014 - 11:16 PM.