[ Renewal ] Current State of WoE - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 12 votes

[ Renewal ] Current State of WoE

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1165 replies to this topic

#51 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 29 October 2014 - 09:15 AM

Put yourself in our shoes.

I'm not sure what guild you're currently in, so I don't know who that was directed at, but regardless I think it becomes EVERYONE'S problems when no one is WoEing anymore because of how stale it becomes. So yeah, comments like that bug me.

#52 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 October 2014 - 09:18 AM

Some people are too short-sighted. The solution to fixing woe isn't "FORCING" an alliance where people don't get along with each other (what's that good for, one single castle break? what more do you expect). The solution is to force a breakdown on alliances reducing the limit of guilds you can ally. There's absolutely no chance for other guilds to grow when big alliances absorb every player. Until GM enforce a change, woe will rot to what Ymir was.

Edited by meli, 29 October 2014 - 09:20 AM.

#53 miliardo

miliardo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1898 posts
  • LocationSan Diego California

Posted 29 October 2014 - 09:21 AM

Nope, try again

Edited by VModCoffee, 29 October 2014 - 09:27 AM.
If you can't say it in a civilized manner don't say anything at all. No name calling.

#54 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 29 October 2014 - 09:23 AM

i think you better think twice to start thai ro soon cause once a lot of players are quitting the server will not handle the lost of funds which = close server yay

If that ever happens, I feel sorry for those who always spend at least 14 hrs a week to farm loots or run instances or level up chars in iRO. This is a huge investment when summed up.

Lets hope WoE-active people will make a wise choice. :p_devil:

#55 Weazy15

Weazy15

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 964 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, California
  • Server:Chaos (Renewal)

Posted 29 October 2014 - 09:28 AM

War of the Forums. 

#56 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4046 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 09:33 AM

#WOEdead

Edited by Inubashiri, 29 October 2014 - 09:44 AM.
please stop with flaming comments

#57 miliardo

miliardo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1898 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 09:34 AM

ok fine i will try again and lets see if it gets edited.

So you guys want to have gms change guild size/alliance list amount, but what you guys dont want to do is work to fight the big guild. You guys would rather have someone else do the work for you. its this type of mentality that is making woe less fun, and why we are seeing drop in numbers. It takes lots of work/planning to fight the big alliance that is true. What you need to understand is that the big alliance is working hard to win, so why punish them for that. 

i will start with this to not create more drama and to keep on topic.

#58 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 09:36 AM

Not our problem anymore.

It is your problem. You had nowhere else to go.

Someone from each guild correct me if I'm wrong, but Smokies probably wouldn't have taken your group and LR sure as hell wouldn't have taken your group.

Animosity for the most part didn't even want you guys. They had polls to vote whether or not people wanted you in guild and they didn't.

Your group of players has a consistent track record of piggybacking within other guilds.

So it's not a huge surprise that you go to Animosity since they are one of the only places that will take you (and not because of the approval of most of the members)

Lambor and Pred welcome you all no matter what everyone else in the guild thinks because they want to be on top at any cost.

#59 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 29 October 2014 - 09:37 AM

I may be an outsider but can I ask what the purpose of the existence of the huge alliance is, if there isn't suitable competition for it?

What's your end game?

I kinda wanna play on renewal, so I wanna know what's going on! :p_laugh:

#60 miliardo

miliardo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1898 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 09:38 AM

It is your problem. You had nowhere else to go.

Someone from each guild correct me if I'm wrong, but Smokies probably wouldn't have taken your group and LR sure as hell wouldn't have taken your group.

Animosity for the most part didn't even want you guys. They had polls to vote whether or not people wanted you in guild and they didn't.

Your group of players has a consistent track record of piggybacking within other guilds.

So it's not a huge surprise that you go to Animosity since they are one of the only places that will take you (and not because of the approval of most of the members)

Lambor and Pred welcome you all no matter what everyone else in the guild thinks because they want to be on top at any cost.

please personal attacks on people like this dont help. If you dont know what happened lets keep that out of it, or can find in other public forums less modded.

Edited by miliardo, 29 October 2014 - 09:39 AM.

#61 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 09:39 AM

So you guys want to have gms change guild size/alliance list amount, but what you guys dont want to do is work to fight the big guild. You guys would rather have someone else do the work for you. its this type of mentality that is making woe less fun, and why we are seeing drop in numbers. It takes lots of work/planning to fight the big alliance that is true. What you need to understand is that the big alliance is working hard to win, so why punish them for that. 

You just perfectly described the group you play with.

You didn't want to fight a big alliance and can't stand losing, so you joined in the problem to get a sense of winning.

please personal attacks on like this dont help. If you dont know what happened lets keep that out of it, or can find in other public forums less modded.

I'm not attacking anyone personally, I'm stating the facts here.

You're just trying to get me moderated. If you can't have a civil discussion, please stop posting.

#62 miliardo

miliardo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1898 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 09:40 AM

You just perfectly described the group you play with.

You didn't want to fight a big alliance and can't stand losing, so you joined in the problem to get a sense of winning.

I'm not attacking anyone personally, I'm stating the facts here.

You're just trying to get me moderated. If you can't have a civil discussion, please stop posting.

this is for the server please do not listen to this guy. his only intention is to hurt a certain guild and that is it. he thinks he knows everything, and will make sound like he does but its all lies and or partial truth, or no truth at all.

#63 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 29 October 2014 - 09:43 AM

There are many ways to balance the current WoE situations, just to name some

Macro scale:

- Disable MVPs and Gods to induce discouraged new players to join WoE again. The GM team can not control uncontrollable factors such as personal skills but they can control controllable factors such as gears (ie. majority of players have an easy access to get the same gears). kRO has done it and the server services until level 175 patch. iRO on the other hand is already dying at level 150 patch.

- Increasing the willingness to form alliance to take on the dominating alliance.

- Seriously ban cheaters if found no matter how much he has distributed to the community or how much money he has spent to Gravity.

Micro scale:

- Lower down one's attitudes (ie. our guild is the best and our guild can solo, etc)

- Some people need to have some spirit, not just joining a dominating side because they cant take losing.

- The dominating alliance should stop recruiting well-geared players. (ie players with mvps and gods)

Side notes:

- It is never hurt to try to change. If it is not helping, we can also change back and we can know that the method is not working, but we need to keep trying right and wrong.

- The very last thing I want to hear is, its personal skills that make differences because apparently iRO always loses in the first match, 0-2 rounds straight in RWC. I am not a pro myself but I think we are all the same because this 10-year-old game is very easy to play.

Edited by ChakriGuard, 29 October 2014 - 09:46 AM.

#64 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts

I may be an outsider but can I ask what the purpose of the existence of the huge alliance is, if there isn't suitable competition for it?

What's your end game?

I kinda wanna play on renewal, so I wanna know what's going on! :p_laugh:

They are hoping a suitably sized alliance is created to fight them. They think Kali is holding back that "dream" though, which is why they think by driving her off the server, that alliance they've been dreaming of will finally form.

#65 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

What "you guys"? people here are voicing their own opinion. And personally, I know I would enjoy woe more if guilds were able to emerge instead of getting bruteforced into one side of an alliance, or get stomped and forced to quit. Fighting the same people over and over is boring, population isn't big enough to justificate full alliances anymore yet they keep growing. Sorry if you think my way of thinking is retarded, but I guess no competition is fun!

Edited by meli, 29 October 2014 - 09:44 AM.

#66 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 09:45 AM

this is for the server please do not listen to this guy. his only intention is to hurt a certain guild and that is it. he thinks he knows everything, and will make sound like he does but its all lies and or partial truth, or no truth at all.

Prove that I'm lying, please.

Just because I have an opinion or state facts different from you or different from what you want to hear, doesn't make me wrong.

I'm quite right in fact.

I haven't put anyone down in this thread and I'm staying on topic.

Edited by Myzery, 29 October 2014 - 09:46 AM.

#67 cory

cory

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1719 posts
  • LocationSt. Pete, FL

Posted 29 October 2014 - 09:46 AM

Wrong.

There is no such easy thing as pulling a Braveheart crusade from a population in a 2003 mmorpg against an alliance full of Gods/MVP's/100+ skilled players.  You are asking the impossible to be done. There is simply not enough active dedicated population.  This is not 5 years ago, or even 3.

There is/are no active "Leader/s" in Chaos Renewal for this to even form and even if there are plenty of veteran players, they are in the dominating alliance already.

I can see new people who just hit their first 150/50 character and try to WoE in default gears get completely demolished in their first WoE, give up, and move to another game.  Not to mention, they probably joined a newly formed WoE guild that not so many people have heard of and has NO chance against any of the veteran guilds no matter the circumstance.

There needs to be intervention from the higher ups as this is a VERY serious matter. *serious face* 

#68 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 29 October 2014 - 09:47 AM

They are hoping a suitably sized alliance is created to fight them. They think Kali is holding back that "dream" though, which is why they think by driving her off the server, that alliance they've been dreaming of will finally form.

Do they have the population / political contacts to do this tho? I mean RO is really political no matter how anyone wishes to paint it. What's the opposing population like and do they have goals that they can work together on in order to fight ani+co?

Driving one player off a server sounds rather sinister to me. Isn't LR a major guild? Wouldn't driving her off the server have major population consequences? 

Also what would be the goal of allying up to fight against them? What would this achieve in their benefit? I know it's a lot of questions but.... something doesn't make sense to me.

Why must it be an alliance?

Edited by Xellie, 29 October 2014 - 09:49 AM.

#69 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 09:48 AM

Do they have the population / political contacts to do this tho? I mean RO is really political no matter how anyone wishes to paint it. What's the opposing population like and do they have goals that they can work together on in order to fight ani+co?

Driving one player off a server sounds rather sinister to me. Isn't LR a major guild? Wouldn't driving her off the server have major population consequences? 

Also what would be the goal of allying up to fight against them? What would this achieve in their benefit? I know it's a lot of questions but.... something doesn't make sense to me.

I would assume the assumption is most of the members wouldn't quit but move into other guilds with different politics.

#70 miliardo

miliardo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1898 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 09:49 AM

What "you guys"? people here are voicing their own opinion. And personally, I know I would enjoy woe more if guilds were able to emerge instead of getting bruteforced into one side of an alliance, or get stomped and forced to quit. Fighting the same people over and over is boring, population isn't big enough to justificate full alliances anymore yet they keep growing. Sorry if you think my way of thinking is retarded, but I guess no competition is fun!

what do mean fighting same people is boring, their is not much left on server who do you want to us to fihgt? Let me give an expample if you cant compete with me why is it my fault. why do i need to be punished or put at a handicap. I would hope that one day you would be able to stand vs me, and win that is how you get competition. Its not going to get better if the server (yourself) wont work to better yourself first. 

#71 Sirolrex

Sirolrex

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 09:50 AM

I forgot to add.  When you log on for siege knowing the other side out numbers you 2:1 or even 3:1 it kills your morale before siege even starts.  sooooo...

guild cap @ 36 - YES!

Alliance   @ 2   - YES!

Gm's need to stop waiting and actually do something while there is still time to maybe help the game.

#72 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

I would assume the assumption is most of the members wouldn't quit but move into other guilds with different politics.

I think anyone who has played RO for any amount of time knows that a large portion of guildmembers end up quitting RO when it's immediate community is removed.

#73 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Unfortunately if Kali is "driven off" the current alliance she's in will be even smaller... and not for anything, I don't think she's going anywhere despite what anyone throws at her so by the rate this dream alliance comes to realization, the server will probably be dead.

#74 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

That is exactly it, but they fail to see that most wouldn't.

LR has a lot of people that WoE just because of that guild or because of Kali/Dini.

#75 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 09:52 AM

I think anyone who has played RO for any amount of time knows that a large portion of guildmembers end up quitting RO when it's immediate community is removed.

Obviously, but I think that's the stream of thought. It will never work though. That's the only thing that even mildly makes sense.

The only real reason to try and make someone quit is if you reallllllly don't like them, it's bad for the server, it's bad for the game but it's good for your ego I guess.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users