[ Renewal ] Current State of WoE - Page 45 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 12 votes

[ Renewal ] Current State of WoE

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1165 replies to this topic

#1101 lylylight

lylylight

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 06:40 AM

i mean turn emperium into Emprium MVP who will attack only attacking guild and he will not attack defending guild

thats what i meant in my post above u there :D

Edited by lylylight, 12 November 2014 - 06:41 AM.

#1102 miliardo

miliardo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1898 posts
  • LocationSan Diego California
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 November 2014 - 07:14 AM

i mean turn emperium into Emprium MVP who will attack only attacking guild and he will not attack defending guild
thats what i meant in my post above u there :D

So you want to make it easier to defend. Your idea is flaud. I don't think know how hard it is already to break a 100 Econ castle. You would be able to defend the castle by not even being there, and would kill small guilds altogether as well. Imagine ifrit spawning EQ all enemies wiped. With interrupt able skills and not able to use phen what can someone do.

#1103 lylylight

lylylight

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 07:33 AM

Sincere REQUEST ..... PLEASE READ THIS ARTICLE AND KINDLY EXPRESS UR VIEWS

Hello People Good Day,

If we look at the current situation of woe with unbiased eyes, We are facing 3 main issues imo ….

1. Decreasing WOE  population
  2. WoEs becoming uninterested / unfair.
  3.  Main problem is people feels unimportant during woe hours ( either losing smaller opposition or GvGing boerd bigger alliance. )
  4. Thing is we need to make people FEEL IMPORTANT during those 2 hours and lets make them feel they are doing some kinda GOOD WORK and they are enjoying it.

I have 3-4 MODELS, as sugesstions to solve these problems

Rather than limiting size of guild and alliances we can limit the size of castle, that will make fixed number of people can enter woe castle, equal from both parties aka (attacking 40 vs defending 40).  So like if 40/40 ( 40 attackers / 40 defenders) enters castle then that  castles woe starts.  Here problem will be selecting who can go in. Only guild leaders can register for particular castle. Or for fair chances we can set  following - guild or party doing fastest instace ( smaller ones like Faceworm) can register 1st according to their timer. For multiple parties can we can keep options like parties finishing in 1st 10 timers of same guild or things like that. Once a guild owns that castle other guilds will try to take over it during next part.

We can introduce timed entry instance to access to WoE maps. Like, if we say woe is 2 hours, it should begin with instance costing around 30 mins or so.  So parties doing fastest instance can access woe map earlier than other ( this will promote lots of team play /party work in the guild on the both sides aka Bigger / smaller alliance).  If GMs/ WP is not having time to make these instance - we can take 2 instances ( ET or Malangdo hard mode) as pre -req to entry WOE map every siege woe1/2 we do ( this will promote team play and important will for sure increase woe population as guild will need more members, better organization and woe dead / pvm portion of server will also join cz of ZENY they can make and also have FUN alongside.

We can turn whole Castle Realm map into PVP and when u enter woe realm ur party is spawned at random position.  So u have to reach guild castle  and secure it on ur own or allying and teaming up with random people u can find. This helps in dispersing ppl with Big allaince and small guild ppl can have opportunity for the FAIR game play and tactics. Turing Realm map into PvP will also prevent zerg rushes from particular guild and zerg defenses from particular guild cz it wnt be easy to team and group in a map, where ur spawning randomly. Basically when things dnt work …. Throw in RANDOM summation in it.

Finally, We can turn Guardian Stones / Barricades/ Emperium into MVP actually ( i mean turn emperium into Emprium MVP who will attack only attacking guild and he will not attack defending guild). So defending party can heal and take care of that MVP. MVP will roam freely in the particular room like emp room or stone room. This will get rid of stupid precast set up and tactics and also it will give attacking  Guilds more fair chance of since attacking  stone who is MVP now needs to be taken down and he is not into fixed setup …. Also same time defending party can still protect it. This throw up mix of things for both parties and they will have more fair chances of breaking castles and defending it. This will also promote peoples gameplay and positioning skills, gear switching skills … than age old precast setups with fixed mobility and fixed tactics.

KINDALY ..... let me know your FEEDBACKS ..... and do i even sound any goood about this thing.

Here it will be in GMs hands .... what property they wanna set on Emperium turned into MVP ...... like take 1 dmg and have high vit or take take high damage whatever .... this is open for discussion

#1104 tactfuldemon

tactfuldemon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 450 posts
  • LocationWhere the US Navy takes me

Posted 12 November 2014 - 07:43 AM

Yeah I'm not too fond of the WoE scene myself, and I often hear about people from many guilds-- big and small complain about how lopsided it is in regards to concerns such as 4 guilds being in 1 alliance is quite unnecessary

Another concern I often hear from people is the size of the guilds, 56 members in 1 guild is too much, and there's only 1-2 guilds who actually do have a full 56 person attendance (and that's not always either) whereas all other guilds have about 20~30 on average during WoE. 

Considering both common concerns, I do believe that 2 guilds in 1 alliance is reasonable, as well as lowering the number of members a guild can have to 36. It may make things a bit more fair in terms of competition and whatnot, but that's just my own opinion and maybe something GMs should consider.

I understand that guild sizes may be a concern for WoE. However, you may want to also consider that not every guild does compete in WoE. If you reduce the max guild size, you would be reducing it for EVERY guild including the guilds that are established just for social reasons. This would cause a problem for my guild which is just a social/leveling/instance guild because we would have less members to find parties with, complete ET with, socialize with/help new members, complete quests/instances with, etc.

#1105 S207

S207

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1584 posts
  • LocationCancun MX
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 12 November 2014 - 08:33 AM

Sincere REQUEST ..... PLEASE READ THIS ARTICLE AND KINDLY EXPRESS UR VIEWS

Hello People Good Day,

If we look at the current situation of woe with unbiased eyes, We are facing 3 main issues imo ….

1. Decreasing WOE  population
  2. WoEs becoming uninterested / unfair.
  3.  Main problem is people feels unimportant during woe hours ( either losing smaller opposition or GvGing boerd bigger alliance. )
  4. Thing is we need to make people FEEL IMPORTANT during those 2 hours and lets make them feel they are doing some kinda GOOD WORK and they are enjoying it.

I have 3-4 MODELS, as sugesstions to solve these problems

Rather than limiting size of guild and alliances we can limit the size of castle, that will make fixed number of people can enter woe castle, equal from both parties aka (attacking 40 vs defending 40).  So like if 40/40 ( 40 attackers / 40 defenders) enters castle then that  castles woe starts.  Here problem will be selecting who can go in. Only guild leaders can register for particular castle. Or for fair chances we can set  following - guild or party doing fastest instace ( smaller ones like Faceworm) can register 1st according to their timer. For multiple parties can we can keep options like parties finishing in 1st 10 timers of same guild or things like that. Once a guild owns that castle other guilds will try to take over it during next part.

We can introduce timed entry instance to access to WoE maps. Like, if we say woe is 2 hours, it should begin with instance costing around 30 mins or so.  So parties doing fastest instance can access woe map earlier than other ( this will promote lots of team play /party work in the guild on the both sides aka Bigger / smaller alliance).  If GMs/ WP is not having time to make these instance - we can take 2 instances ( ET or Malangdo hard mode) as pre -req to entry WOE map every siege woe1/2 we do ( this will promote team play and important will for sure increase woe population as guild will need more members, better organization and woe dead / pvm portion of server will also join cz of ZENY they can make and also have FUN alongside.

We can turn whole Castle Realm map into PVP and when u enter woe realm ur party is spawned at random position.  So u have to reach guild castle  and secure it on ur own or allying and teaming up with random people u can find. This helps in dispersing ppl with Big allaince and small guild ppl can have opportunity for the FAIR game play and tactics. Turing Realm map into PvP will also prevent zerg rushes from particular guild and zerg defenses from particular guild cz it wnt be easy to team and group in a map, where ur spawning randomly. Basically when things dnt work …. Throw in RANDOM summation in it.

Finally, We can turn Guardian Stones / Barricades/ Emperium into MVP actually ( i mean turn emperium into Emprium MVP who will attack only attacking guild and he will not attack defending guild). So defending party can heal and take care of that MVP. MVP will roam freely in the particular room like emp room or stone room. This will get rid of stupid precast set up and tactics and also it will give attacking  Guilds more fair chance of since attacking  stone who is MVP now needs to be taken down and he is not into fixed setup …. Also same time defending party can still protect it. This throw up mix of things for both parties and they will have more fair chances of breaking castles and defending it. This will also promote peoples gameplay and positioning skills, gear switching skills … than age old precast setups with fixed mobility and fixed tactics.

KINDALY ..... let me know your FEEDBACKS ..... and do i even sound any goood about this thing.

NO to ALL

I like the pvp on woe map but... to be honest, it will change the sense and some objetives for the WoE, it will lose the sense of WoE itself and that is not what we're looking for.

In my opinion, WoE has its issues, but there is no radical change to be made in order to fix them. 

Yeah, there are a lot of Godlikes items and MVP cards over there, and Yeah, exist alliances with a very good organization, but those alliances didnt got that WoE level and gears from yesterday to today, it takes time and effort to reach this state.

The current state of the woe can be boring for some people, and fun for others, many guilds (really good guilds) has dissapear for X reason, or disband for X reason.

And this going for the people outside those alliances, you need to organize better to reach a good woe level, what you need is to look around and see which guilds are enemy from your enemy, try to do new alliances and improve your level and gears to make a difference in the WoE scenario.

Im talking from a guild that has grow up in the last year, i have seen guilds that recruiting only 130+ players, what we have been done is recruiting any new player (even novice level 1 or people downloading the game), making new friends, making parties for help and stuffs together, at the end of the day, some people leave the game, others disband and a few stay with us. We recommend those people to get better gears, where to farm and X stuff they need to know, and our guild has grow up with those members, maybe they dont have a high-WoE level, but their in way to improve that.

And retaking what I said... yeah, there are a lot of MVP and godlike items over there... I've seen people that likes to farm MVPs and stuffs, ASAP they got something value... they prefer to sell it before use it for WoE-ing/PVP, then you cant blame people for having better gears if you sell what you got. And people thinking like this there is a lot.

What I suggest is new guilds can do new alliances, old stand-alone guilds can look for new alliances, disbanding guilds can look for new ones to merge, the server needs a better players-organization. Before any change, there should be a change in players behavior (a bit effort).

#1106 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 09:44 AM

I think some simple mechanic changes might help like upping WoE damage reduction to 60%~ or so. Keep fights more interesting. Also literally every skill should probably have a .2~ second just for that skill delay. So you can cycle skills but you can't spam the same thing a billion times. I would really like it if everything that had a cast bar had a minimum .1 second fixed cast that could never be remove or reduced but I think that would be hard to program in.

#1107 Azyrk

Azyrk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 12 November 2014 - 09:57 AM

i don't think that will solve much tbh

#1108 Lazerbomb

Lazerbomb

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 841 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 10:08 AM

GMs, please disable the alliance function of guilds for woe and then delete this thread. Thank you. Problem solved :)

Edited by Lazerbomb, 12 November 2014 - 10:08 AM.

#1109 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4047 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 10:30 AM

Post it on WP Maintenance forums LOLOL

#1110 Magmag

Magmag

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 10:48 AM

I was actually part of the Animosity alliance during last 6 months of Ymir. They did NOT fight themselves and pretty much everyone but a few core members left Ymir for Valk/Loki. We literally had no one to fight except like 2-6 people from A2S or Dead server (idk) that would occasionally show up and a few 1 member guilds breaking empty castles. Entire WoEs of doing nothing but sitting in empty castles with massive econ going uncontested because everyone was sick of the status quo and left the server while we farmed it ez mode. If WoE is not fun even Animosity has all but quit before except for the few placeholder members who farm. Thats what were talking about right, trying to make WoE fun for EVERYONE? In case you have not noticed, a lot of people here are not having fun. In all honesty I think it would go a long way in helping the health of the server if Animosity were able to stand on their own just like many feel that a competent mega alliance with PDF coordination would help the server. Problem is mega alliance vs. mega alliance is not that fun for most of us due to the lag. Since neither is going to happen I think GM intervention of alliance/guild cap will help the health of the server and possibly tone down the lag some. It can be done realistically and doing nothing will not end well for any of us.

I don't know about Ani back then, but I know about it now. And we have done it before. So, why wouldn't we do it again?

Animosity tries not to use alliance as much as possible. We don't wanna kill the fun. Granted, sometimes there is miscommunication. If you don't believe me join our alliance and see what actually happens instead of guessing. CS and Singeria are looking for members~

#1111 miliardo

miliardo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1898 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 11:56 AM

I don't know about Ani back then, but I know about it now. And we have done it before. So, why wouldn't we do it again?
Animosity tries not to use alliance as much as possible. We don't wanna kill the fun. Granted, sometimes there is miscommunication. If you don't believe me join our alliance and see what actually happens instead of guessing. CS and Singeria are looking for members~

+1

#1112 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 12 November 2014 - 11:58 AM

+1

You know if you like something, at the bottom right corner of a post there's a little arrow you can click. :)

#1113 miliardo

miliardo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1898 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 12:04 PM

You know if you like something, at the bottom right corner of a post there's a little arrow you can click. :)

you know you dont need to keep commenting everyone of my post. i liked it the way i wanted too.

#1114 Sirolrex

Sirolrex

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 12:22 PM

Two guilds with the same name is still using an alliance, also let's not forget that having the rest of your alliance camping the entrance is still using your alliance. 

#1115 miliardo

miliardo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1898 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 05:14 PM

So much for being outnumbered being reason loose

#1116 KiyokoHasami

KiyokoHasami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 932 posts
  • LocationRelocated ---->Bio 4
  • Server:Chaos>Valkyrie>New Chaos

Posted 12 November 2014 - 05:16 PM

So much for being outnumbered being reason loose

*Lose.

Edited by Inubashiri, 12 November 2014 - 05:55 PM.

#1117 miliardo

miliardo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1898 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 05:18 PM

The argument of animosity being more numbers was not the case today we still able to break castles being outnumbered our selfs.

Edited by Inubashiri, 12 November 2014 - 05:56 PM.

#1118 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 05:21 PM

The argument of animosity being more numbers was not the case today we still able to break castles being outnumbered our selfs.

You were using two guilds... how did Smokies (1 guild) outnumber you guys?

Edited by Inubashiri, 12 November 2014 - 05:57 PM.

#1119 miliardo

miliardo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1898 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 05:22 PM

We had 14 people in alt guild and full main it was Lr smokies vs us fair fight I must say

#1120 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 05:24 PM

On another note, I'd like to congratulate all the new(ish) guilds I've been seeing today. Been a while since the timeline has been this lively. :3

#1121 miliardo

miliardo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1898 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 05:26 PM

It was a fun filled woe today smokies lr brought some good competition, if you find that starting drama you are simple minded(easier way to say what i wanted).

Edited by Inubashiri, 12 November 2014 - 05:58 PM.

#1122 Sirolrex

Sirolrex

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 05:28 PM

We had 14 people in alt guild and full main it was Lr smokies vs us fair fight I must say

It was pretty close to even numbers and it seems like both sides had a lot of fun.  Weird huh..?  Even numbers...more fun..someone should make a post about trying to even our numbers.  Maybe we could max alliances at 2 and have only 36 per guild? That seems pretty cool.

#1123 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 12 November 2014 - 05:30 PM

It was a fun filled woe today smokies lr brought some good competition, if you find that starting drama you are simple minded(easier way to say what i wanted).

I'm pretty sure I saw ani+ani+CS+sinergia vs Smokies alone at the end, I may have been hallucinating though. I'll book myself in for a CAT scan, brb.

Edited by Inubashiri, 12 November 2014 - 05:59 PM.

#1124 miliardo

miliardo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1898 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 05:32 PM

It was pretty close to even numbers and it seems like both sides had a lot of fun.  Weird huh..?  Even numbers...more fun..someone should make a post about trying to even our numbers.  Maybe we could max alliances at 2 and have only 36 per guild? That seems pretty cool.

if you think was even numbers you were not fighting same fight i think smokies side had like 20-30 more poeple then us. If that is what it takes to fight us i hope that it keeps up.

#1125 miliardo

miliardo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1898 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 05:34 PM

I'm pretty sure I saw ani+ani+CS+sinergia vs Smokies alone at the end, I may have been hallucinating though. I'll book myself in for a CAT scan, brb.

ya cs did help push at very last min due to their castle being taken by smokies, and little time left. That was the only time we used them the last like 10 min.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users