[ Renewal ] Current State of WoE - Page 7 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 12 votes

[ Renewal ] Current State of WoE

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1165 replies to this topic

#151 Sirolrex

Sirolrex

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 11:11 AM

Anyway, back on topic!

36 member guild cap! YES!

#152 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 29 October 2014 - 11:13 AM

Off Topic, but I'm so sorry.

I was in Windfall for years but lets not joke. It was bad rofl

#153 miliardo

miliardo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1898 posts
  • LocationSan Diego California
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 29 October 2014 - 11:14 AM

The IRO community ladies, and gentlemen. So naïve and pathetic it hurts my heart. Capable of only understanding their circumstances through a one sided window pane, looking into a glass of milk half empty..

For every player there will come a time in which they will reach the end of this road. (Kami isn't going anywhere, and at the same time she wont be playing this game forever..) Each player having a goal and purpose in their short lives here in this virtual world of ours. Instead of finding ways to not enjoy your time playing a "Game" to pass your time. Perhaps it's time for certain individuals to change their self indulged mannerisms, and better broaden their horizons by having a better understanding from a different perception of the game. So here is an entertaining proposal. Take a dozen players from one alliance, and a dozen players from another. Swap them for a week, go meet new people. The world of Ragnarok is bigger than your little circle of friends believe it or not. Turn your animosity towards each other into maybe some respect for one another. Who knows maybe it will give some of you a different perspective, and when outsiders look into our forums to check the state of our game when deciding if they wish to join us or not.. maybe, just maybe a female assassin will come stay, and play with me..   :sob:

It's not the state of WoE that drives players away, it's how our players treat each other in the eyes of a spectator that does. If you don't believe it, then just take a moment and think about it, it's sad.

sorry to tell you, but their are people who just want to watch things burn start drama. To them not about anything else, but trying to hurt other people. these situations have brought this community to what it is. and they are in every guild.

#154 cory

cory

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1719 posts
  • LocationSt. Pete, FL
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 October 2014 - 11:15 AM

sorry to tell you, but their are people who just want to watch things burn start drama. To them not about anything else, but trying to hurt other people. these situations have brought this community to what it is. and they are in every guild.

quit talkin about yourself....

I just kid. just kidding :heh:

#155 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 11:16 AM

this is why i have no plans on woeing on my max level character; needing miniboss or mvp equips to stay competitive and not get one shot is a huge barrier to entry.  at least you get decent rental gears in woe TE.

#156 Quanta

Quanta

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts
  • Server:Chaos/Loki

Posted 29 October 2014 - 11:18 AM

It's not the state of WoE that drives players away, it's how our players treat each other in the eyes of a spectator that does. If you don't believe it, then just take a moment and think about it, it's sad.

To be honest, I agree with this. Reading these forums (and visiting iROWiki's forums a couple of times this month, and seeing how barren it was), it's all very depressing, and I'm left wondering whether or not I should continue my casual RO experience or if I should just run back to my other game and enjoy the new content that came out this week. I mean, I'd like to get more involved in RO since I've actually been having fun with it for a change, but it sounds like the community (still) has huge problems, and I'm not sure I want any part of it.

#157 cory

cory

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1719 posts
  • LocationSt. Pete, FL

Posted 29 October 2014 - 11:19 AM

this is why i have no plans on woeing on my max level character; needing miniboss or mvp equips to stay competitive and not get one shot is a huge barrier to entry.  at least you get decent rental gears in woe TE.

You can WoE and still kill peeps and feel useful on newly geared 150's you have.  There are still lowbies or new people in every WoE, sometimes guildless LOL.  The problem is feeling useful guild vs guild where its 150 players vs 50.

#158 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4047 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 11:22 AM

TdRVIhB.png

#159 miliardo

miliardo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1898 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 11:22 AM

this is the mindset of people, and is why its dying. You think i had mvps gods all time? If you can get your friend or you to play a sc or sura with fire armor woe set(very easy to obtain) even basic accessories would be able to compete, but not by yourself! Sure there are people that wont be able to kill in woe, that is true with all games no matter. Its not about what you can do solo but what can do together is why its called woe not pvp. 

#160 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 11:25 AM

You can WoE and still kill peeps and feel useful on newly geared 150's you have.  There are still lowbies or new people in every WoE, sometimes guildless LOL.  The problem is feeling useful guild vs guild where its 150 players vs 50.

yeah but you also play a ranged character if i'm not mistaken.  it's tougher as a melee to get in close for a kill and not get inadvertently crushed by all the aoes going off around you.

#161 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 11:25 AM

this is the mindset of people, and is why its dying. You think i had mvps gods all time? If you can get your friend or you to play a sc or sura with fire armor woe set(very easy to obtain) even basic accessories would be able to compete, but not by yourself! Sure there are people that wont be able to kill in woe, that is true with all games no matter. Its not about what you can do solo but what can do together is why its called woe not pvp. 

Why should someone have to play something they don't want to just because it's easier to gear?

That's not very fun.

#162 miliardo

miliardo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1898 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 11:27 AM

Why should someone have to play something they don't want to just because it's easier to gear?

That's not very fun.

why cause its for the betterment of the guild. It takes sacrificing to be effective. If you are not being effective on that class, and getting mad then switch to something that you can be, and make your woe more enjoyable. 

#163 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 29 October 2014 - 11:28 AM

Vierma you're very idealistic, why are you not leading a guild to set an example?

#164 miliardo

miliardo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1898 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 11:29 AM

yeah but you also play a ranged character if i'm not mistaken.  it's tougher as a melee to get in close for a kill and not get inadvertently crushed by all the aoes going off around you.

exactly gx are just not effective anymore outside being support/meged. When you realize that you may end up being more effective in woe.

#165 cory

cory

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1719 posts
  • LocationSt. Pete, FL

Posted 29 October 2014 - 11:30 AM

in Windfall

Off topic, but I'm so sorry.

Forgot to mention I wasn't in WF after Heather quit.  Bunch of hooligans tried to lead it afterwards.

#166 jrabdo

jrabdo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 834 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 11:30 AM

I support this limit caps to 36 and alliance to 2.. itll make woe come back... its dead right now

#167 Akreis

Akreis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1232 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Server:Chaos/Loki/Thor

Posted 29 October 2014 - 11:32 AM

Took awhile to read all these posts :V

I'm just throwing in my own opinion, experience and knowledge in this:

It's not easy for individuals-- especially newer players to get MvP cards and God items without doing something illegal.

Many of the newer players don't want to get steamrolled by huge guilds, let alone fight against people who are decked out in MvP cards and goddies.

Put yourself in their shoes for a change. (the newer players-- the busier-with-real-life players, etc.)

Sure they can start working towards getting those gears too, but where can they find the motivation? It's not easy to find a Tao or an FBH, especially when they're already being camped/farmed by people who are decked out themselves (not saying thats a bad thing, it's normal for competition) But since these MvPs are farmed/camped, it's going to take weeks or even months to find yourself an MvP card, especially one that you would've have to share with others (because of being in a party)

But the point is, it's not that easy and not that simple, and most people aren't willing to break their back just to get 50b+ worth of gears just to be able to finally 'enjoy' themselves in WoE; when really there's nothing much to enjoy once they realize the harsh reality of the lopsided WoE where people who were like them get steamrolled by people they have worked to become, only to either become disappointed or become ignorant thinking that all that hard work was actually 'easy.'

Of course, there isn't a simple solution to this. BUT I feel that the GMs should do something to at least give the newer/casual players some hope that they don't have to join the powerhouse guild/alliance with 150+ people just to be able to 'enjoy' themselves. And that they can feel that whatever guild they join they don't have to worry about getting steamrolled by the dominating guilds every minute of every WoE.

I still believe that 36 member cap is necessary and that having 2 guilds in 1 alliance is fair (in my opinion, having 0 alliances may cause more chaos/harm than good because it may cause the trust between NAP guilds being broken due to greed or a misunderstanding-- more drama. I also like alliance vs. alliance (2v2) since it's not too laggy and you still get to cooperate with the other guild you're working with, which is exciting!)

I'm not really trying to get anywhere specific with this post. I'm just throwing in my response to the last 2-3 pages of posts you guys made :T

Edited by Akreis, 29 October 2014 - 11:38 AM.

#168 miliardo

miliardo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1898 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 11:33 AM

just to give idea this is a support sura being effective no gods or mvps. 

Edited by miliardo, 29 October 2014 - 11:33 AM.

#169 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 11:35 AM

why cause its for the betterment of the guild. It takes sacrificing to be effective. If you are not being effective on that class, and getting mad then switch to something that you can be, and make your woe more enjoyable. 

playing another person's char just so i can participate doesn't make it enjoyable.  it's not like i have multiple max level characters; given the time i might eventually reach that point but that's not in the cards for now.

i participated when woe first came into the game in the early 2000s up through 2007 when i quit.  back then some people/guilds had mvps, minibosses, gods and what not and it did give them an edge in fights but it wasn't gamebreaking because there weren't that many.

with the consolidation of like 7 servers economies from the past 10 years onto a single one, these items are much, much more common now which is why it is a lot tougher to get a new player's max level character up and running for the current WoE.

i don't know when you started playing when you said you didn't have these items but it was probably easier to get into WoE when you started than it is now.

#170 cory

cory

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1719 posts
  • LocationSt. Pete, FL

Posted 29 October 2014 - 11:36 AM

It's not easy for individuals-- especially newer players to get MvP cards and God items without doing something illegal.

Many of the newer players don't want to get steamrolled by huge guilds, let alone fight against people who are decked out in MvP cards and goddies.

Put yourself in their shoes for a change. (the newer players-- the busier-with-real-life players, etc.)

Sure they can start working towards getting those gears too, but where can they find the motivation? It's not easy to find a Tao or an FBH, especially when they're already being camped/farmed by people who are decked out themselves (not saying thats a bad thing, it's normal for competition) But since these MvPs are farmed/camped, it's going to take weeks or even months to find yourself an MvP card, especially one that you would've have to share with others (because of being in a party)

But the point is, it's not that easy and not that simple, and most people aren't willing to break their back just to get 50b+ worth of gears just to be able to finally 'enjoy' themselves in WoE; when really there's nothing much to enjoy once they realize the harsh reality of the lopsided WoE where people who were like them get steamrolled by people they have worked to become, only to either become disappointed or become ignorant thinking that all that hard work was actually 'easy.'

Of course, there isn't a simple solution to this. BUT I feel that the GMs should do something to at least give the newer/casual players some hope that they don't have to join the powerhouse guild/alliance with 150+ people just to be able to 'enjoy' themselves. And that they can feel that whatever guild they join they don't have to worry about getting steamrolled by the dominating guilds every minute of every WoE.

I still believe that 36 member cap is necessary and that having 2 guilds in 1 alliance is fair (in my opinion, having 0 alliances may cause more chaos/harm than good because it may cause the trust between NAP guilds being broken due to greed or a misunderstanding-- more drama. I also like alliance vs. alliance (2v2) since it's not too laggy and you still get to cooperate with the other guild you're working with, which is exciting!)

+1  freddie-mercury-meme3-e1316972334944_lar

OOPS.....that pic was already used....anyways JOIN ARCTIC

:gg:

Edited by cory, 29 October 2014 - 11:37 AM.

#171 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 11:38 AM

exactly gx are just not effective anymore outside being support/meged. When you realize that you may end up being more effective in woe.

welp since i don't have any other max level chars i guess i will just not participate then since apparently i chose the wrong class to level.  i musta had the game manual upside down or something.

#172 cory

cory

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1719 posts
  • LocationSt. Pete, FL

Posted 29 October 2014 - 11:41 AM

welp since i don't have any other max level chars i guess i will just not participate then since apparently i chose the wrong class to level.  i musta had the game manual upside down or something.

Dont listen to him.  

Honestly, I get killed by "normal/nonMVP goditem" GX's from small guilds granted they know how to pop outta nowhere and lay the smack on you before you get the chance to switch gears.  Its kinda embarassing too....

#173 Kieri

Kieri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2995 posts
  • Server:Nothing.

Posted 29 October 2014 - 11:42 AM

A serious opinion though, this thread is useless in the fact it isn't a game issue it is a community issue, a toxic mindset held by this community and funnily enough it doesn't occur on other main servers very often. I hate to say it but it really is an american mindset. 

Edited by Kieri, 29 October 2014 - 11:43 AM.

#174 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 29 October 2014 - 11:42 AM

I'm not really trying to get anywhere specific with this post. I'm just throwing in my response to the last 2-3 pages of posts you guys made :T

Thank you because I could've not said it any better *spamming likes* :p_devil:

#175 Finisterra

Finisterra

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 186 posts
  • LocationIndia
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 29 October 2014 - 11:44 AM

I will definitely agree that something needs to be done to make WoE balanced. I don't mean the balance between the two big alliances fighting each other but about new/emerging guilds.

Any new guild formed today (with new players, not existing old players reforming a guild with new name) will never be able to compete with most of the old existing guilds. Hence they have just one of the two options, to either join guilds from either of the two alliance or alliance them but they cannot choose to be independent, unless they are fortunate enough to grow rapidly over a short time.

The above suggestions are definitely one way of ending the unbalanced number games but I'm not entirely in favor of them because then we are limiting WoE to small GvG fights. I don't mind seeing 200-300 or more people fighting in the same map, infact I would enjoy such a situation.

Problem is with the server, it cannot handle such numbers due to various reasons, for example even being a official server we have no game security/anti-hack to prevent excessive packet flooding due to hacks.

Also restricting the alliance and numbers wont entirely help, guilds will have to readjust their strategies to form an unofficial alliance of 4 guilds with better coordination between non-allied guilds but that is definitely going to happen.

I would be more than happy if GMs acknowledge that they know people use hacks and are ready to work on getting rid of them instead of denying it. And I cannot understand what they mean when they say "Give us proof/screenshot in a ticket, and we'll take necessary action ". That is same as, "We won't catch the offenders, we don't mind them. If you want them removed, you catch them. Also, everyone is free to use hacks but just don't get caught with a proof."

Edited by Finisterra, 29 October 2014 - 11:45 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users