[ Renewal ] Current State of WoE - Page 6 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 12 votes

[ Renewal ] Current State of WoE

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1165 replies to this topic

#126 Pixelakaroxi

Pixelakaroxi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 628 posts
  • LocationPoland / Morroc / Alde
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 29 October 2014 - 10:44 AM

How about adding a new WoE section for 125-145 lvls and disable the use of godlikes/mvp cards/ >+9 equips on it ;) then the new guilds would have bigger chances of coming up and gather resources for the regular WoE edition.

#127 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 29 October 2014 - 10:45 AM

Gods/MVPs are not the problem at all. The problem is a front runner system/mob mentality. 

#128 miliardo

miliardo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1898 posts
  • LocationSan Diego California

Posted 29 October 2014 - 10:45 AM

If both sides actually had equal number in gods and mvps, it would be safe to disable gods and mvps. Neither sides would be harm and this would induce new and none-mvps/gods users to participate in WoE.

We should try it and see if the WoE situations would differ in any means but my bet is, WoE would differ dramatically, just my 3 cents :p_devil:

so you want to punish me for working at getting an mvp to maximize my potential. If you are not able to use mvp in woe what is the point in the game? Complaining about gods and mvps are childish complaints. Organization and plans far out ways mvps. 

#129 miliardo

miliardo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1898 posts
  • LocationSan Diego California

Posted 29 October 2014 - 10:46 AM

How about adding a new WoE section for 125-145 lvls and disable the use of godlikes/mvp cards/ >+9 equips on it ;) then the new guilds would have bigger chances of coming up and gather resources for the regular WoE edition.

this would only kill woe all together creating for less and less people on other woes.

#130 cory

cory

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1719 posts
  • LocationSt. Pete, FL
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 October 2014 - 10:47 AM

40+ users are reading this topic.......

Pretty important state of the game I say?

#131 cory

cory

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1719 posts
  • LocationSt. Pete, FL

Posted 29 October 2014 - 10:52 AM

I'm probably going to be saying this again before it gets buried in the many pages...

Solution:  Nice, Big Juicy, thick Incentive to break a 250+ econ Fort. :ani_money:

#132 djxstatik

djxstatik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles CA
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 29 October 2014 - 10:53 AM

I'm probably going to be saying this again before it gets buried in the many pages...

Solution:  Nice, Big Juicy, thick Incentive to break a 250+ econ Fort. :ani_money:

lol yea!

#133 VModCoffee

VModCoffee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 10:53 AM

If you believe someone is abusing something in game, report it in a ticket, do not call them out in this thread.

#134 s3nd0

s3nd0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1132 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 10:55 AM

I think we had lvl99,lvl130,lvl150(with and without mvp,gods) woes afew years ago. And it failed.......

#135 chrisbam77

chrisbam77

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 643 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 29 October 2014 - 10:55 AM

The same will repeat like what happened 2 saturdays ago. People allied up, broke it, then they won't show up again or action will die down once it breaks. Even if it didn't what do you suggest would be a good incentive?

Also doesn't econ only go to 100?

#136 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 29 October 2014 - 10:57 AM

I think we had lvl99,lvl130,lvl150(with and without mvp,gods) woes afew years ago. And it failed.......

For some reasons, kRO has survived to patch 175. They must be doing something right in this case.

#137 Divine

Divine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 10:58 AM

Im pretty sure you're talking about the event WoEs that were held during winter. People had to a choice to participate in the woes (that didnt matter) or to spend the holidays with their families. I think alot of people chose to spend more time with family.

#138 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 10:59 AM

so you want to punish me for working at getting an mvp to maximize my potential. If you are not able to use mvp in woe what is the point in the game? Complaining about gods and mvps are childish complaints. Organization and plans far out ways mvps. 

You can use them bro, but outside WoE. Why would you want to beat someone who has less-gears? Unless you're delusional, you can tell, you're winning simply due to gears and better equipments you have. I understand that you want to use your hard-earned mvps in WoE but if WoE dies, you will have no one to use your hard-earned mvps at all and it will get boring eventually.

Again, if organization and plans far out ways mvps (which I disagree, I think they are equally important. In fact I am, sure they are or people wouldn't bid Thanatos over 100b+), lets disable mvps and see how this will fix WoE. It might fix, it might not, but we are not going anywhere if we're not even trying because apparently this is not good, that is not good and we are sitting ducks. Also I would not have problems disabling elbow strikes in a muay thai match if I would not need to use elbows at all. You're somewhat contradicting yourself.

I am not even complaining. I dont even WoE anymore. I am just trying to give up some ideas that might help to fix WoE situations. You're just trying to hold back some ideas that actually might be useful. kRO has done it and it works like a magic.

Edited by ChakriGuard, 29 October 2014 - 11:02 AM.

#139 Pixelakaroxi

Pixelakaroxi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 628 posts
  • LocationPoland / Morroc / Alde
  • Server:Odin

Posted 29 October 2014 - 10:59 AM

this would only kill woe all together creating for less and less people on other woes.

why would it kill the main woe, I don't get your point. yet...

let me show you an example of my guild now:

~avrg level of guild members is around 120 now, most of us are pretty new

~ I have a 150 genetic but can't really woe on him yet due to lack of proper equipment

~ most of my friends would like to try woe but are scared of the big guild and always being 1-shot

~ there is no way to get to know the woe system because it is basically impossible to woe before lvl 149 with decent gears and one of the big guilds

So, even though I have a 150 gene, it doesnt take much to make a new character around 140 lvl, ~2 weeks work, so I'm making let's say a Sura for this woe edition.

Me & my guild are trying out WoE within this 125-140 range, getting to know the system, maybe winning 1-2 woes, with a bit of luck getting more zeny than we spent on supplies. LETS SAY WE WIN A LOT OF THIS WOEs. All of us get decent zennies from castle loots ( let's say these castles wouldnt drop god items but woe weapon boxes etc.), and gather equipment along with experience needed for the regular woe. 

After 1-2 months of that, we hop on our mains and all join an already existing woe guild or make a new one, creating more competition for the leading guilds.

Doesn't that sound more reasonable than not woe=ing at all and trying to join without any experience?

#140 KiyokoHasami

KiyokoHasami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 932 posts
  • LocationRelocated ---->Bio 4
  • Server:Chaos>Valkyrie>New Chaos

Posted 29 October 2014 - 11:01 AM

It's like I said in the OLD woe thread that was posted like last year. There is no incentive for smaller guilds to get started and fighting the dominating alliance is not as glamorous as people make it out to be. I think some of the changes Alaska made would be a smart move in the right direction considering that 75% of the population is from people that WoE. I work weekends now and with the current state woe is in, I don't even feel bad or miss it and it shouldn't be that way.

#141 cory

cory

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1719 posts
  • LocationSt. Pete, FL

Posted 29 October 2014 - 11:01 AM

The same will repeat like what happened 2 saturdays ago. People allied up, broke it, then they won't show up again or action will die down once it breaks. Even if it didn't what do you suggest would be a good incentive?

Also doesn't econ only go to 100?

no it goes up to 2500+  *end friendly sarcasm*

I dont know, I haven't seriously WoE'd in like 4 years and that was in Windfall.

Anyways, maybe that won't be a good incentive as it acts on both ways of the party. I'm just trying to throw out ideas, but thanks for the info my friend.  I believe it only goes up to 100.

#142 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4046 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 11:02 AM

i tried too hard for keep the guild but i failed... im sorry.

#143 cory

cory

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1719 posts
  • LocationSt. Pete, FL

Posted 29 October 2014 - 11:04 AM

For some reasons, kRO has survived to patch 175. They must be doing something right in this case.

Day BE BANKIN $$$ WIT DAT BLINGING.

too bad they won't send iRO up-to-date "updates".  still 2+ years behind.

#144 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10853 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 11:04 AM

why would it kill the main woe, I don't get your point. yet...

let me show you an example of my guild now:

~avrg level of guild members is around 120 now, most of us are pretty new

~ I have a 150 genetic but can't really woe on him yet due to lack of proper equipment

~ most of my friends would like to try woe but are scared of the big guild and always being 1-shot

~ there is no way to get to know the woe system because it is basically impossible to woe before lvl 149 with decent gears and one of the big guilds

So, even though I have a 150 gene, it doesnt take much to make a new character around 140 lvl, ~2 weeks work, so I'm making let's say a Sura for this woe edition.

Me & my guild are trying out WoE within this 125-140 range, getting to know the system, maybe winning 1-2 woes, with a bit of luck getting more zeny than we spent on supplies. LETS SAY WE WIN A LOT OF THIS WOEs. All of us get decent zennies from castle loots ( let's say these castles wouldnt drop god items but woe weapon boxes etc.), and gather equipment along with experience needed for the regular woe. 

After 1-2 months of that, we hop on our mains and all join an already existing woe guild or make a new one, creating more competition for the leading guilds.

Doesn't that sound more reasonable than not woe=ing at all and trying to join without any experience?

"~ most of my friends would like to try woe but are scared of the big guild and always being 1-shot"

That is exactly what I mean but I guess mvps/gods users are too stubborn  :heh: 

#145 DarkDestiny

DarkDestiny

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 11:05 AM

The IRO community ladies, and gentlemen. So naïve and pathetic it hurts my heart. Capable of only understanding their circumstances through a one sided window pane, looking into a glass of milk half empty..

For every player there will come a time in which they will reach the end of this road. (Kami isn't going anywhere, and at the same time she wont be playing this game forever..) Each player having a goal and purpose in their short lives here in this virtual world of ours. Instead of finding ways to not enjoy your time playing a "Game" to pass your time. Perhaps it's time for certain individuals to change their self indulged mannerisms, and better broaden their horizons by having a better understanding from a different perception of the game. So here is an entertaining proposal. Take a dozen players from one alliance, and a dozen players from another. Swap them for a week, go meet new people. The world of Ragnarok is bigger than your little circle of friends believe it or not. Turn your animosity towards each other into maybe some respect for one another. Who knows maybe it will give some of you a different perspective, and when outsiders look into our forums to check the state of our game when deciding if they wish to join us or not.. maybe, just maybe a female assassin will come stay, and play with me..   :sob: 

It's not the state of WoE that drives players away, it's how our players treat each other in the eyes of a spectator that does. If you don't believe it, then just take a moment and think about it, it's sad.

#146 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 29 October 2014 - 11:05 AM

in Windfall.

Off topic, but I'm so sorry.

#147 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 11:06 AM

Off topic, but I'm so sorry.

I had a good laugh

#148 cory

cory

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1719 posts
  • LocationSt. Pete, FL

Posted 29 October 2014 - 11:07 AM

in Classic Valhalla.

Off Topic, but I'm so sorry.

#149 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 29 October 2014 - 11:08 AM

Off Topic, but I'm so sorry.

:p_laugh:

#150 LimitBreaker27

LimitBreaker27

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 500 posts
  • Server:Loki/Chaos

Posted 29 October 2014 - 11:09 AM

The IRO community ladies, and gentlemen. So naïve and pathetic it hurts my heart. Capable of only understanding their circumstances through a one sided window pane, looking into a glass of milk half empty..

For every player there will come a time in which they will reach the end of this road. (Kami isn't going anywhere, and at the same time she wont be playing this game forever..) Each player having a goal and purpose in their short lives here in this virtual world of ours. Instead of finding ways to not enjoy your time playing a "Game" to pass your time. Perhaps it's time for certain individuals to change their self indulged mannerisms, and better broaden their horizons by having a better understanding from a different perception of the game. So here is an entertaining proposal. Take a dozen players from one alliance, and a dozen players from another. Swap them for a week, go meet new people. The world of Ragnarok is bigger than your little circle of friends believe it or not. Turn your animosity towards each other into maybe some respect for one another. Who knows maybe it will give some of you a different perspective, and when outsiders look into our forums to check the state of our game when deciding if they wish to join us or not.. maybe, just maybe a female assassin will come stay, and play with me..   :sob:
It's not the state of WoE that drives players away, it's how our players treat each other in the eyes of a spectator that does. If you don't believe it, then just take a moment and think about it, it's sad.

+1 freddie-mercury-meme3-e1316972334944_lar

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users