4th job promotion - Page 4 - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

4th job promotion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
130 replies to this topic

#76 ApeKing

ApeKing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 12:25 AM

Some of those bosses in VC do far more damage than Lavalon. His only nasty attack is his firebreath but its easy to dodge. The meteors and slam are strong as well but are USUALLY survivable. Soloing Lavalon would not be overly difficult but it would take a friggin long time and IF you died it doesn't take very long to get back. Unless you have a floor scroll in VC, when you die......yeah. And BD did far more to my Myrm with those tornadoes than Lavalon ever did with his firebreath on my glad (seriously). Lets not get into arguments about difficulty in this aspect since its subjective. Some things may be harder than others for other people.

While I dont agree with Adept on the offline thing (I HATE MMOs with legal botting) I do agree that the part of the 4th class promotion is excessive. Whther its in difficulty or length is a matter of opinion, but it sure isn't a fun.

#77 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge

Posted 15 November 2010 - 12:32 AM

If one stayed offline forever then it wouldn't matter how "broken" some one was because they couldn't show it off in PvP. It would be like hacking in Half Life to recreate Springfield from The Simpsons. Again you're going off topic.

And once again you are completely off topic. I never said you were flamming me, Yurai. I never pointed fingers at anyone for that, and yet you jump to the defense. I guess you have a guilty conscience.

Mods please lock this thread. I said what I needed to say. I would like to nip this in the bud.

Yurai, Please remember to stay on topic as not doing so is a violation of the forum terms of use and you can be banned for it.

Obviously it would matter because they can just go back online once they're done hacking their files.

Also, there is no explicit rule stating that off-topic posts result in a ban. Please know your forum rules before trying to backseat mod, because you're failing at it and making yourself look bad. In addition, half your posts about the offline version of Dragon Saga full under this category:

• No Rule Circumvention threads.
  • Any thread we feel is trying to find some loophole to get away with disobeying the rules of the forums, in fact or in spirit, will be removed.

In addition, your original post:

SO I am level 61, I have 45600 AP 250 DSS and do not want to run F1 maps over 500 times to finish that quest.
I also have over 3000 CP, but I cant get any sigils because every time Battle Square opens (once a day for an hour) IT IS IMMEDIATELY FILLED UP!
I would like to express my severe distaste for this and request an extension on the Battle Square, maybe even a full day where it is open and possibly some more rooms too.

This class change is, by definition, an insane task! Please Warp Portal, throw me, and all of us, a bone here. Make up for all of the server problems that have been going on lately.

Thank you

This violates rule number 7:

• No â??Or Else!â? threads.
  • Threads posted in manner that is considered as combative or with the intent to pick fights will be removed without notice. If you have a question that has not be given an answer by one of the moderators or a member of the GM Team, there is a reason for that or there is no answer currently available to be given for the answer. Please understand that if the issue is serious in nature, then we will make every attempt to obtain an answer in a timely manner; however this may not always be possible for all situations. Such posts will be removed without notice if no answer can be given.

It would've been fine if you didn't throw in the last part about making up for server problems, but since you did, it falls under this category. In addition, although this is not explicitly a petition thread designed to gain signatures, it does violate rule number 6 concerning petitioning:

• No â??Petitioning.â?
  • Threads of petitioning for game features, additions, updates, or website and forum changes are not tolerated. Such posts will be removed without warning. The forums contains a Proposal section that maybe used to post your ideas, but creating petitions for others to sign is considered another form of "bumping".

Good day, sir.

#78 ApeKing

ApeKing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 12:36 AM

Obviously it would matter because they can just go back online once they're done hacking their files.

Also, there is no explicit rule stating that off-topic posts result in a ban. Please know your forum rules before trying to backseat mod, because you're failing at it and making yourself look bad. In addition, half your posts about the offline version of Dragon Saga full under this category:

It would've been fine if you didn't throw in the last part about making up for server problems, but since you did, it falls under this category. In addition, although this is not explicitly a petition thread designed to gain signatures, it does violate rule number 6 concerning petitioning:

Good day, sir.

You know you could just be the better person and walk away.

#79 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 12:37 AM

You know you could just be the better person and walk away.

That was completely off-topic. Watch out! He's going to report you!

#80 Seronix

Seronix

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 12:40 AM

I never said Lavalon wasn't difficult now. I did say that there are ways to make the promotion quest easier. One could level up more, or enlist the help of higher level players. When one is trying to complete the last class change there is no help available (unless you would like to consider having a friend log in and out of PvP as help, witch I will agree with).

You are also centering on only part of my original post. I did not focus on only the AP/DSS quest. There are problems, possibly greater ones, with the PvP rout.

All I wanted to do was point them out, and complain about the the mindless task ahead. I don't think that is a crime.

Yeah you didn't, though you felt the need to point out you soloed him back when you were 40? I'll apologize for assuming that meant he was easy...But do enlighten me as to what purpose does that statement serve? Yeah I'm focusing on that one part in which I had an issue with what you've said? I'm pretty sure that means I'm Ok with everything else you've said. I'm certain one does not need to criticize an entire post when they only find part of it disagreeable. Is that wrong? Never said it was a crime. However unnecessary complaints are well...unnecessary...

Some of those bosses in VC do far more damage than Lavalon. His only nasty attack is his firebreath but its easy to dodge. The meteors and slam are strong as well but are USUALLY survivable. Soloing Lavalon would not be overly difficult but it would take a friggin long time and IF you died it doesn't take very long to get back. Unless you have a floor scroll in VC, when you die......yeah. And BD did far more to my Myrm with those tornadoes than Lavalon ever did with his firebreath on my glad (seriously). Lets not get into arguments about difficulty in this aspect since its subjective. Some things may be harder than others for other people.

I'll just point this out. Both are soloable. For the 4th job I beat bone dragon alone on hero mode. I'm a Savage if that matters at all. The mere fact that you do not need help from another person to complete it is what makes it easier. I'm sorry but Lavalon with a lvl 40 solo and tell me it was easier than beating bone dragon alone on normal. By 60 you should have more experience with bossing and the game in general. You find Lavalon easy because you've done it how many times. I've ran with enough people who were clueless as to what you have to do to even do damage to him.

For the sake of not putting anymore arguments, I'll drop it.

Edited by Seronix, 15 November 2010 - 12:45 AM.

#81 ApeKing

ApeKing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 12:45 AM

Yeah you didn't, though you felt the need to point out you soloed him back when you were 40? I'll apologize for assuming that meant he was easy...But do enlighten me as to what purpose does that statement serve? Yeah I'm focusing on that one part in which I had an issue with what you've said? I'm pretty sure that means I'm Ok with everything else you've said. I'm certain one does not need to criticize an entire post when they only find part of it disagreeable. Is that wrong? Never said it was a crime. However unnecessary complaints are well...unnecessary...

I'll just point this out. Both are soloable. For the 4th job I beat bone dragon alone on hero mode. I'm a Savage if that matters at all. The mere fact that you do not need help from another person to complete it is what makes it easier. I'm sorry but Lavalon with a lvl 40 solo and tell me it was easier than beating bone dragon alone on normal.

For the sake of not putting anymore arguments, I'll drop it.

I solo'd Lavalon with a Monk.

#82 Adept7

Adept7

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 12:56 AM

Good day, sir.

I didn't look for loopholes in the rules. I didn't say "or else" in any way shape of form. I didn't petition.

I do, however, fail to see your point. Unless you were trying to point out that you look for implications that are nonexistent.

I honestly don't under stand what your problem is. I also don't care.

Good day to you too....madam?

Edited by Adept7, 15 November 2010 - 12:58 AM.

#83 Seronix

Seronix

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 01:01 AM

I solo'd Lavalon with a Monk.

You find Lavalon easy because you've done it how many times. I've ran with enough people who were clueless as to what you have to do to even do damage to him. Dodging something you aren't used to is difficult. Figuring out what to do is difficult for those less informed. Not having good gear due to lack of experience makes it difficult. It is hardly a fair judgement on how difficult is boss when you use your experience fighting it as you are experienced. I guess it's my bad asking YOU to try and solo it. Bad wording on my part :unsure: I guess I meant to say find a new player who is level 40 and has never lavaloned to do it. I'm basing this on my experience playing with new people. I've helped friends and their friends and random strangers who complained enough times that forced me to go on my main just so they can promote. Even then it was hell for them. I just find it more difficult to fight something that tough when you've barely started than fighting just another boss when you're more experienced with a larger variety of skills and such.

#84 Adept7

Adept7

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 01:08 AM

You find Lavalon easy because you've done it how many times. I've ran with enough people who were clueless as to what you have to do to even do damage to him. Dodging something you aren't used to is difficult. Figuring out what to do is difficult for those less informed. Not having good gear due to lack of experience makes it difficult. It is hardly a fair judgement on how difficult is boss when you use your experience fighting it as you are experienced. I guess it's my bad asking YOU to try and solo it. Bad wording on my part :unsure: I guess I meant to say find a new player who is level 40 and has never lavaloned to do it. I'm basing this on my experience playing with new people. I've helped friends and their friends and random strangers who complained enough times that forced me to go on my main just so they can promote. Even then it was hell for them. I just find it more difficult to fight something that tough when you've barely started than fighting just another boss when you're more experienced with a larger variety of skills and such.

My first time against Lavalon i soloed it. It was the weaker one but he was easy to read. That was with an assassin(now infiltrator). I also soloed Aram my first time against him when I had just hit level 50. Also it wasn't easy, but I did it. In fact it was significantly harder than this new Lavalon at level 40. They are all easy to read. Maybe it is because I play a lot of fighting games, but I didn't find dodging their attacks to be difficult. I did, however, find them very painful when I failed at dodging.

Also I would like to apologize for flying off the handle a few posts back. I did not intend to dissect your post and get offensive like I did.

Edited by Adept7, 15 November 2010 - 01:08 AM.

#85 ApeKing

ApeKing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 01:08 AM

I understand what you are trying to say, but as I said before it all comes down to opinions. I'll respect yours if you respect mine (I'll respect yours anyway cause Im actually a nice guy if you get to know me)

My first time against Lavalon i soloed it. It was the weaker one but he was easy to read. That was with an assassin(now infiltrator). I also soloed Aram my first time against him when I had just hit level 50. Also it wasn't easy, but I did it. In fact it was significantly harder than this new Lavalon at level 40. They are all easy to read. Maybe it is because I play a lot of fighting games, but I didn't find dodging their attacks to be difficult. I did, however, find them very painful when I failed at dodging.

Also I would like to apologize for flying off the handle a few posts back. I did not intend to dissect your post and get offensive like I did.

Oh god Aram. Mutisha is the hardest boss in the friggin game. and Other than Paris probably will be. Yes yes I know he's soloable but so is everything else in game. The difference is nothing else hits you with 5-6K of UNAVOIDABLE DAMAGE (unless you are a thief and burrow or a Gren and camo, and good luck when the CD takes effect). My first time fighting Aram was terrifying. I had freinds helping but near the end she did nothing but spam homing boulders 10 times in a row. Our Shaman was even having trouble at that point.

The Aram battle is probably the hardest in game in comparison to level.

Edited by ApeKing, 15 November 2010 - 01:13 AM.

#86 Seronix

Seronix

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 01:13 AM

We might as well drop this whole thing. At the rate we're going you'd both have promoted before we even finish this debating and everything would have been an utter waste of time.

To each his own then.

#87 ApeKing

ApeKing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 01:16 AM

We might as well drop this whole thing. At the rate we're going you'd both have promoted before we even finish this debating and everything would have been an utter waste of time.

To each his own then.

CASUAL DEBATING HELL YEAH

#88 Adept7

Adept7

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 01:18 AM

I understand what you are trying to say, but as I said before it all comes down to opinions. I'll respect yours if you respect mine (I'll respect yours anyway cause Im actually a nice guy if you get to know me)

Oh god Aram. Mutisha is the hardest boss in the friggin game. and Other than Paris probably will be. Yes yes I know he's soloable but so is everything else in game. The difference is nothing else hits you with 5-6K of UNAVOIDABLE DAMAGE (unless you are a thief and burrow or a Gren and camo, and good luck when the CD takes effect). My first time fighting Aram was terrifying. I had freinds helping but near the end she did nothing but spam homing boulders 10 times in a row. Our Shaman was even having trouble at that point.

The Aram battle is probably the hardest in game in comparison to level.

I can agree with that. I am still fairly new and have yet to fight bone dragon (I started in August), but Aram took me 13 feathers and 200 Hp and Mp pots...and I'm a pally. It was a daunting task, but after it was over I was so happy!

*sigh*
But yeah...it's all a matter of opinion.

To each his own then.

Agreed.
To each his own.

CASUAL DEBATING HELL YEAH

WOO! ALL CAPS = MANLY

<(^o^)>

Edited by Adept7, 15 November 2010 - 01:20 AM.

#89 ApeKing

ApeKing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 01:24 AM

I can agree with that. I am still fairly new and have yet to fight bone dragon (I started in August), but Aram took me 13 feathers and 200 Hp and Mp pots...and I'm a pally. It was a daunting task, but after it was over I was so happy!

I soloedd Aram on my Myrm. I....I dont want to talk about it...

I fought Bone Dragon for the first time ever just tonight and...surprisingly BD isn't that hard. The only attacks that hurt are the ground spikes and those damned tornadoes UGH. The Gatekeeper and a few of the lesser bosses were harder actually (that stupid Dragon thing with a hammer that likes to spit fire was MEAN, and so was the very first boss if you let her lock you.)

I'm actually looking forward to Dracos. Ive seen vids of Paris and it looks intense.

#90 Adept7

Adept7

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 01:26 AM

I soloedd Aram on my Myrm. I....I dont want to talk about it...

I fought Bone Dragon for the first time ever just tonight and...surprisingly BD isn't that hard. The only attacks that hurt are the ground spikes and those damned tornadoes UGH. The Gatekeeper and a few of the lesser bosses were harder actually (that stupid Dragon thing with a hammer that likes to spit fire was MEAN, and so was the very first boss if you let her lock you.)

I'm actually looking forward to Dracos. Ive seen vids of Paris and it looks intense.

I love boss battles that give me a challenge and get my adrenalin pumping. It's rare to find that in video games now a days, at least for me.
I have to agree with you, from what I've seen, Paris looks intense. I can't wait! :unsure:

#91 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Sky Garden

Posted 15 November 2010 - 02:31 AM

I can see both sides of this. I have completed mine at the end of two days worth of working towards it. I understand the frustration (Ran Elluman 65 times myself D:) but I find I'm personally satisfied with the feeling of satisfaction after completing it. I think that, at best, the requirement is maybe a bit harsh and excessive for a job change quest, but I realize that many people have already done this and gone along with it. I don't think it should be changed because every other version has the same requirement and we are all playing the same game. I just wish that gaining AP wasn't such a monotonous task. I wish everyone trying the best of luck in getting it and don't give up!

#92 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 15 November 2010 - 02:54 AM

refarming all boss medals kills me :unsure:
max them all out in THQ now i gotta farm more/restart them in gravity's q_q

#93 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 10:06 AM

He's going to have fun hitting stuff in VC with his pro 122 aim at lvl 62. I didn't even realize it was possible to get this low, so props to you.

#94 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 15 November 2010 - 10:33 AM

You have COMPLETELY missed the point. It isnt about length and it isn't about difficulty it is about the task itself. If it took me a month to to class change I wouldn't care.

If it was entertaining.

But it's not. Its nothing more than BUSY WORK. If it was some extreme challenge I would be ok with it. But ITS NOT. All it is is padding.

I agree that it's not at all insane. It is very doable. I just find it a little bit excessive.

There is no part of this game that's an extreme "challenge." It's just a matter of how time-consuming it is. IMO, it's almost all padding -- so why should this be any different? As others have said, it's just another form of grinding, which is more or less all you do in any MMO, aside from socialize. Grind for levels, equips, gold, etc.

Let me ask you this: How is attempting to achieve a 10K combo medal any less entertaining or challenging than spamming F4 or F6 in a mission map, killing the same mindless mobs over and over again?

Actually, Ape, I'd argue that the 10K combo medal is just a bit more of a challenge than simply running MMs or doing the other random things you're used to doing in this game, if you're frustrated w/ it. Isn't that a good sign? Usually means the task is challenging.

Why should every task in this game be simple and easy to achieve? The game already has plenty of that, IMO. We don't need more of that. Personally, I think the 4th job quest is a step in the right direction. No, it's not some extravaganza of fun and entertainment, but if that's what you're seeking, go play a console game. MMOs are built to make you work long hours to achieve long-term goals, otherwise you'd have everything you wanted in the game in less than a month and no longer have a reason to play beyond socializing (and why socialize here when you can go find some new game to do it in, at that point).

I didn't have 70K AP to start. I only had about 49K when WarpPortal took over, and I reached 70K in less than 3 hours (completing the Legend of Combo and 300 adventure quests medals). It's really not all that difficult (and lag making things harder doesn't mean the task isn't fair, it means the server needs an upgrade). Some of the achievements might be mindless or repetitive, yes. But what other aspect of this game doesn't share at least one (or both) of those traits?

#95 ImDiene

ImDiene

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 612 posts
  • LocationYurai's <3

Posted 15 November 2010 - 10:57 AM

You're not supposed to die if you want to say you soloed something. I mean you still technically did it alone, but what if you didn't have feathers? *facepalm*

#96 Kokaloo

Kokaloo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 263 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:14 AM

Gameguard requires an internet connection. If you stay offline forever, they wouldn't be able to even locate a new update, and people would just back up and old version of gameguard and use it. I don't understand your extremely flawed reasoning for a completely ludicrous idea.

If you cheat OFFLINE and don't connect ONLINE then they won't have to FIX IT because you're never GOING online
If you DO attempt to go ONLINE then they will recognize the cheats and PATCH IT INSTANTLY due to the codes not matching how it is supposed to be originally programmed
Now, I will use an example from a different game
There were hacked servers on WoW, people played them, got to level 60almost instantly, and they stayed ON THAT HACKED SERVER
If they chose to TRANSFER to a different server, their account would be banned
You have to remember that everyone has an IP address, and every company has absolutely no problem in banning your IP due to cheating or botting if they find out
Late reply, but your uneducated opinions and lack of common practice to argue gets on my nerves
And stop being the forum police, I havent seen anyone with any type of power stop anything you or anyone else has said so far

Edited by Kokaloo, 15 November 2010 - 11:17 AM.

#97 Endbringer

Endbringer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 574 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:19 AM

I hear proxies don't exist anymore.

#98 Yurai

Yurai

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2917 posts

If you cheat OFFLINE and don't connect ONLINE then they won't have to FIX IT because you're never GOING online
If you DO attempt to go ONLINE then they will recognize the cheats and PATCH IT INSTANTLY due to the codes not matching how it is supposed to be originally programmed
Now, I will use an example from a different game
There were hacked servers on WoW, people played them, got to level 60almost instantly, and they stayed ON THAT HACKED SERVER
If they chose to TRANSFER to a different server, their account would be banned
You have to remember that everyone has an IP address, and every company has absolutely no problem in banning your IP due to cheating or botting if they find out
Late reply, but your uneducated opinions and lack of common practice to argue gets on my nerves
And stop being the forum police, I havent seen anyone with any type of power stop anything you or anyone else has said so far

Your lack of understanding of how gameguard works is amusing.

#99 Adept7

Adept7

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

He's going to have fun hitting stuff in VC with his pro 122 aim at lvl 62. I didn't even realize it was possible to get this low, so props to you.

Are you talking about me? 0.o
I'm lvl 61 with 122 aim,and that goes up if I equip my +24 agi sword, and I can hit the mobs in Van Cliff. I guess it isn't as high as your aim or evade, but I have only been playing this game since August of this year so I haven't had as much time to play or farm enchantment powders as you, or any of the "veteran" players have. I also haven't gotten a set of equips I like enough to spend the necessary funds on to get them all to +14-15 artifact or legend equips. Maybe someday I will, but I'm not that big on the whole PvP thing. I like the more social aspect of MMO's myself. I suppose I will PvP from time to time but that's a different story.

Any way if you weren't talking about me then I apologize for getting defensive. I just wanted to correct your mistake.

You're not supposed to die if you want to say you soloed something. I mean you still technically did it alone, but what if you didn't have feathers? *facepalm*

Well that's simple, I would have tried again and made sure to keep Parry and Time Reverse active. ^^
And I didn't technically do it alone, I literally did it alone. That is what it means to solo. I don't see what feathers have to do with it. Maybe we should question my use of potions while we are at it? lol

I hear proxies don't exist anymore.

They have ways around proxy IP's now. It was in an effort to stop piracy through torrent downloading. They do work, but if a company wanted to (like Blizzard) then they can find ways around it.

Edited by Adept7, 15 November 2010 - 11:25 AM.

#100 Kokaloo

Kokaloo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 263 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:22 AM

Your lack of understanding of how gameguard works is amusing.

Oh, I understood it as something easy and logical, much like everything else that most companies strive to achieve in their games
"No cheating or else you will get banned!"
But of course, there is loopholes, and OH NO THEY WONT FIND THEM
No, they will. I can track your IP right now if I so choose to, think about what a company can do if they have your e-mail and you log in to their servers on a daily basis
And no, that isnt illegal for them to do, nor is it I
Maybe it should work to a degree where it would meet expectations of serious companies then, much like you and other members of this forum hmm?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users