#1 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 25 November 2014 - 05:06 PM

[...]the Company failed to comply with the minimum bid price requirement for continued listing set forth in Nasdaq Stock Market Rule 5450(a)(1), as the bid price of the Company's American Depositary Shares ("ADS") had closed for 30 consecutive business days below US$1.00 per ADS.

In accordance with Nasdaq Stock Market Rule 5810©(3)(A), the Company has a grace period of 180 calendar days, or until November 24, 2014, to regain compliance. The notification advises that such compliance can be achieved if, at any time before November 24, 2014, the bid price of the Company's ADS closes at US$1.00 or more per share for a minimum of 10 consecutive business days.

Source: http://www.pressrele...ml?news_id=4322

So November 24 has come and gone and the stock has since plummeted to 0.64-0.60. Keep in mind the company's stock went down to as low as 0.52 back in 2008 so maybe they'll use the same strategy as back then to keep themselves alive.

Either way, this looks pretty bad.

#2 neko1231

neko1231

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 November 2014 - 05:13 PM

so what will possibly happen?

#3 archiew

archiew

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 238 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 25 November 2014 - 05:16 PM

umm.... you mean quit this game while you still can? lol

#4 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 05:16 PM

Possibility of selling off their assets, including RO.

#5 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 05:19 PM

Nah, who needs gravity. I wouldn't mind playing iRO in zero G's.

#6 neko1231

neko1231

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 05:21 PM

Oh no.... i just began the game

#7 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 05:24 PM

Stock is overrated anyway. You already have their money, so tell the stockholders to go screw them selves lol.

Seriously I wish the entire stock market would just cease to exist, It's the worst thing to ever happen to businesses, why anyone would make their company publically traded, I will never understand.

#8 archiew

archiew

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 238 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 25 November 2014 - 05:37 PM

that is great I think if RO falls to another company...

Maybe the new company will improve the game with more programmers and some incentives....

#9 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 November 2014 - 05:39 PM

Sell it. Pretty much ANYONE else devving this game would improve it considerably. They might even treat their international partners with respect.

The least a new dev could standardise client builds for the mains and all partners before they bust out the fresh content.

Seriously I wish the entire stock market would just cease to exist, It's the worst thing to ever happen to businesses, why anyone would make their company publically traded, I will never understand.

I'm not gonna get started on the stock exchange but needless to say many companies would not exist without it. It takes investors to succeed in today's global market.

#10 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 05:40 PM

Stock is overrated anyway. You already have their money, so tell the stockholders to go screw them selves lol.

There are a variety of good reasons to do this, but the decision is not always made for the benefit of the company, but rather the shareholders, who often stand to make a lot of money if the company goes public.

#11 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 05:42 PM

There are a variety of good reasons to do this, but the decision is not always made for the benefit of the company, but rather the shareholders, who often stand to make a lot of money if the company goes public.

Yea yea yea, sigh I know.

#12 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 06:13 PM

I would love it if IMC Games picks up RO.

#13 iDaehyun

iDaehyun

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • Location桃花島

Posted 25 November 2014 - 06:16 PM

Or Nexon....( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

#14 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 06:18 PM

Or Nexon....( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)[/size]

*throws up*

#15 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 06:18 PM

They'd probably kill it quietly. I really doubt they'd consider developing it much further given their existing IP.

#16 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 06:21 PM

They'd probably kill it quietly. I really doubt they'd consider developing it much further given their existing IP.

The RO playerbase is significantly big and not all RO players will transfer to their other IP. I think it would be in their best interest to revive their former project in addition to developing their other IP if given the chance.

#17 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 06:24 PM

Or Nexon....( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Yea, it would be so much better, if NEXON got RO(they own Atlantica Online, probally the 2nd best MMO ever made, and their expansion releases are pretty consistant in both release times, and in quality).

Nevermind the fact we wont have to deal with a Japanese company anymore, and their ignorant way of thinking(which always leads to screwing over the NA market)

Edited by Zoltor, 25 November 2014 - 06:27 PM.

#18 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 06:29 PM

The RO playerbase is significantly big and not all RO players will transfer to their other IP. I think it would be in their best interest to revive their former project in addition to developing their other IP if given the chance.

They could even do crossovers!

I still doubt it though. Something tells me that the devs of that IP wouldn't ultra super excited to helm RO. Them memories.

#19 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 06:32 PM

They could even do crossovers!

I still doubt it though. Something tells me that the devs of that IP wouldn't ultra super excited to helm RO. Them memories.

Total revamp and the memories will be gone!

#20 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 25 November 2014 - 06:38 PM

Problem for iRO is not really about stocks. Its profit model to make enough to get by and pay all the expenses including licensing. iRO is already relying too much on Lucky box with same old stuff that will overloads the server(FAW, HBP, ETC) and spending from user is getting smaller day by day. Reason for pumping updates (160, 175, other instance contents) is probably because their selling on boxes are declining. 

#21 iDaehyun

iDaehyun

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • Location桃花島

Posted 25 November 2014 - 06:50 PM

Problem for iRO is not really about stocks. Its profit model to make enough to get by and pay all the expenses including licensing. iRO is already relying too much on Lucky box with same old stuff that will overloads the server(FAW, HBP, ETC) and spending from user is getting smaller day by day. Reason for pumping updates (160, 175, other instance contents) is probably because their selling on boxes are declining. 

Then you know... create boxes that are worth buying ? Just give us new hairstyles, full body costume, make a costume version of every headgear in the game and put them in cash shop,hell, just update Alora box or make Alora give costume version of any +8 headgear. When people got all the best equips they could think of, they would want to look cool,flashy instead.

#22 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 06:56 PM

Being 4 years behind in updates isn't doing much for iRO, but that's really up to kRO to give us what we need to remain viable.

#23 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 25 November 2014 - 06:58 PM

Then you know... create boxes that are worth buying ? Just give us new hairstyles, full body costume, make a costume version of every headgear in the game and put them in cash shop,hell, just update Alora box or make Alora give costume version of any +8 headgear. When people got all the best equips they could think of, they would want to look cool,flashy instead.

Most of MMO that has profit model like RO have similar item/update cycle. They release some new contents that depends heavily on item, then release gear on cash shop to accomplish that easy way. That being said, when a game stays on stationary for 2 years without any major update, of course thsoe op gear from cash shop wont be op anymore. which means they have to pump out new updates to dish out new gears to sell on cash shop. Same with your idea. that will soon exhaust the needs of audiences. 

Balance between Cash Shop contents and what can be farmed in game should be managed somehow. What they(iRO)'re doing right now is good because new and big updates will bring old, or interested people fluxing the server. But i'm afraid its a bit too late but hopefully this will bring back the game more active. 

#24 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 06:59 PM

well what did they do in 2008?  they could always buy back shares, that would drive the price up.

#25 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 07:01 PM

well what did they do in 2008?  they could always buy back shares, that would drive the price up.

I don't really know what they did back then, but if GRAVITY could recover from 0.52 stock, it's likely they could recover from this, too. All that remains is what's going to happen in the process (if anything).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users