[Renewal] Secret Odin Gift Exchange (2014) - Page 8 - **Community Contests and Events** - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Renewal] Secret Odin Gift Exchange (2014)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
311 replies to this topic

#176 Sizzleboom

Sizzleboom

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 500 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 03 December 2014 - 03:56 PM

You should have a show of hands for how many of the participants are actually European. I doubt it'll be many,

#177 Kelly

Kelly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 04:09 PM

Unfortunately, Dec. 26 isn't a holiday for everyone. Depends if your company is nice or not.

I don't know about the rest of Europe, but I wouldn't want to be going to sleep at 3 AM. Moving it an hour later at least gives them a reasonable amount of sleep, especially if the event runs for a few hours. If it gets moved 2+ hours later then east coast is going to be up at 1 AM and the whole cycle starts again~

Then we should move it back to 12am GMT+0! :D That's 4pm PST, 7pm EST. I don't actually mind 1am GMT+0, if the event is a quick one (with everyone arriving on time, it probably might be). Afterall, it's a Saturday the following weekend. Sleeping a little late wouldn't be a problem, but waking up at 4~5am just to attend an event would be a task... =/

You should have a show of hands for how many of the participants are actually European. I doubt it'll be many,

Are you shunting the Europeans then? Should they not participate in this?

More constructively, it's possible to move it to the weekends, between Saturday and Sunday. 4pm PST (Saturday), 12am GMT+0(Sunday), 8am GMT+8(Sunday). It covers all 3 major regions, and everyone should have the weekend off. 

Edited by Kelly, 03 December 2014 - 04:16 PM.

#178 Darksorrow1234

Darksorrow1234

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2996 posts
  • Server:Chaosss

Posted 03 December 2014 - 04:14 PM

Dear Odin/Santa/Tiggy/whoever it may concern

*Ehem* i dont really know how to type beautifully

But, all i want is 10-20 BMX3  :p_love: (i'll promise to be a good boy, maybe :gg:  )

iGN: This Sin is for Lolz

Edited by Darksorrow1234, 05 December 2014 - 04:30 PM.

#179 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 December 2014 - 04:19 PM

The server is in NA and the host of this event is American so it needs to suit that demographic. If the event is too early or too late for you then just don't attend.

Asking for inclusive WoE times is one thing but attempting to force a community member to host an event at the witching hour, just because you don't want to miss out of the possibility of free -_- (and this event is only popular because of "free -_-"; just look at the number of responses versus other active events), is just deplorable.

#180 Kelly

Kelly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 04:22 PM

The server is in NA and the host of this event is American so it needs to suit that demographic. If the event is too early or too late for you then just don't attend.

Asking for inclusive WoE times is one thing but attempting to force a community member to host an event at the witching hour, just because you don't want to miss out of the possibility of free -_- (and this event is only popular because of "free -_-"; just look at the number of responses versus other active events), is just deplorable.

Have you not noticed that my name isn't highlighted? Have you not thought of the possibility that I might be GIVING instead of RECEIVING, hence the concern? It might be based in America, but it's called an International server for a reason. How is hosting an event during the evening a bad time? I'm willing to stay awake to give gifts, and other players aren't willing to just stop their gameplay for 1 hour of that event to attend? I honestly don't think having it at 12am GMT is a bad thing. 4pm is hardly a bad time to get on and play for an hour. 

Not to mention, it'll be 12am for the EST players. Do they not deserve sleep as well?

Edited by Kelly, 03 December 2014 - 04:24 PM.

#181 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 04:24 PM

Have you not noticed that my name isn't highlighted? Have you not thought of the possibility that I might be GIVING instead of RECEIVING, hence the concern? It might be based in America, but it's called an International server for a reason. How is hosting an event during the evening a bad time? I'm willing to stay awake to give gifts, and other players aren't willing to just stop their gameplay for 1 hour of that event to attend? I honestly don't think having it at 12am GMT is a bad thing. 4pm is hardly a bad time to get on and play for an hour. 

You can give your Secret Odin gifts to Zero's character to hand out if you can't attend, or directly to your recipient prior to the event. That was the case last year.

Also @Zero people have been sharing this on other forums and posting it to Facebook ._.

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 03 December 2014 - 04:27 PM.

#182 Kelly

Kelly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 04:28 PM

So.. the EST people are supposed to just suck it and not bother attending too? Poor them.

#183 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 04:30 PM

So.. the EST people are supposed to just suck it and not bother attending too? Poor them.

I'm Australian. Do you see me complaining?

#184 Kelly

Kelly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 04:33 PM

Uh... 10pm CST is actually a very bloody good time for you. O_o It's:

9pm PST

11pm EST

4am London

5am Germany

11am Indonesia

12pm Philipines

2pm Sydney

5pm Auckland. 

So tell me, who has it worst, if it's at 10pm CST, as suggested? @__@?

#185 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 03 December 2014 - 04:34 PM

Zero wants to hold an event during the exchange meeting as well. So it might be good idea to think about time since it is after all international server.

#186 LawrenzTyr18

LawrenzTyr18

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts
  • LocationHorcatereilberg-the Grand City

Posted 03 December 2014 - 04:36 PM

Dear our Almighty father Odin,

As a holy arch bishop and servant of your house, I can honestly say that I haven't done a lot of any archbishop duties, as of date, that you may or may not like or recognise.

With the holiday fast approaching, You have probably known that I have done some contribution of helping to hunt and to kill with my friends in parties and some side favors to the church. 

So, I would like to request a Costume: Assassin Mask  to prevent the exposure of my identity while performing execution runs for multiple targets. I could've asked for a heavy lifter box  but I have a belief to myself that I am better of without it. Since it might become a sole feature or clue to my identity and I have no wish to be recognise from the changes it gives to my body.

Although I live myself as a nice archbishop that still have the traits and ethics of a nice man. I have an ever-existing passion, inside of me, of carrying out orders of assassination or hunting from anyone's request whether they are or not from the kingdom, the church, the bounty hunters guild or whatever kind of requested deaths it would be that I wouldn't mind executing so.

It might seem a bit grotesque that my art and love of lies in my archbishop-hood; The way of its existence doesn't even to take its toll to my mind. Maybe my mind wants to or not. But honestly my mind is still human and maybe it is the reason that my ethics and humanity still lingers from time to time, which prevents me from loosing control over myself. With that, I am thankful for.

All in the end, I am not sure if my deeds will appeal enough for you to grant me an item. Regardless of ends meet, it is nice to at least have the chance of sharing information about myself.

Kind regards,

`Aevrian Zullich

#187 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 04:39 PM

Uh... 10pm CST is actually a very bloody good time for you. O_o It's:

9pm PST

11pm EST

4am London

5am Germany

11am Indonesia

12pm Philipines

2pm Sydney

5pm Auckland. 

So tell me, who has it worst, if it's at 10pm CST, as suggested? @__@?

It's a few hours after the working day begins, and I work on that day. Not late enough to catch a lunch break for it. Not early enough to do it prior to leaving. It's a dead zone for me  :p_sick:

#188 Kelly

Kelly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 04:43 PM

That's why I suggested weekends. @__@ EVERYONE would be free at:

4pm PST Saturday

7pm EST Saturday

12am London Sunday

1am Germany Sunday

7am Indonesia Sunday

8am Philipines Sunday

11am Sydney Sunday

1pm Auckland Sunday

Isn't this a much preferred schedule then? =P

#189 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.

Posted 03 December 2014 - 04:52 PM

Dear Secret Odin,

This Christmas, I'd like to participate in the Secret Odin gift exchange, especially since I got depressed that I couldn't participate last year...being new and all... But between low funds (being able to only log in 4 days per week, D/Cing only a few minutes after I leave for work while trying to vend, and having a wife who likes pretty stuff/safe certs/ etc) I cannot afford to get MVP cards, Kafra shop items, or highly sought-after items from high-level instances. My wish is that someone comes on and asks for something that's not too impossible for people like me to get for them. After all, I'd hate to come off as a scrooge and hand over a gift box which, when opened, turns out to be just a jellopy...or worse, coal. :P

As for me, nothing extremely extravagant this year. I'd just like to ask for a Raydric card. Thank you and Happy Holidays!

Sincerely,

HeronMarked BladeMaster

#190 3637131210094835917

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • LocationSouth East Asia

Posted 03 December 2014 - 04:53 PM

That's why I suggested weekends. @__@ EVERYONE would be free at:

4pm PST Saturday

7pm EST Saturday

12am London Sunday

1am Germany Sunday

7am Indonesia Sunday

8am Philipines Sunday

11am Sydney Sunday

1pm Auckland Sunday

Isn't this a much preferred schedule then? =P

GMT+8 8am Sunday? (South east asia Malaysian here)
Isn't that the WoE2 time?

#191 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 04:58 PM

Guys, the time/date benefits the host. If you can't make it, just arrange to give your item before or after the event. This isn't a thread discussing WoE times, nor is it a server-hosted event. Have some respect for the event host/organizer.

All these discussions do is just make it more work for Zero to have to sift through all these posts...

Edited by belld1711, 03 December 2014 - 05:00 PM.

#192 Kelly

Kelly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 05:02 PM

Oh, right. That coincides with WoE, huh. Hmmm.. Oh well. I'll just shut up and see what time it'll be at then. Benefitting only the host isn't a great idea, if it's an event planned with the participation of the community, but whatever. I guess giving an opinion and thinking about others shouldn't be talked about. My bad.

#193 HopeSama

HopeSama

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 763 posts
  • LocationIn my secret Paradise...
  • Server:Re-Chaos(Ymir/Loki)

Posted 03 December 2014 - 05:04 PM

Ok, nvm for now.

(And please stop sharing this event on other places, geez how many times does that need to be said? .-. )

Edited by HopeSama, 03 December 2014 - 06:10 PM.

#194 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 03 December 2014 - 05:07 PM

Last year I gave Zero the items for the people I picked before the event took place because I had to work. Even this time I will probably be working or out of town with family. My only option would be to hand gifts to someone else to handout.

Maybe those highly concerned with time can find someone to do that again? (Unless Zero will still do that like last year.)

#195 LawrenzTyr18

LawrenzTyr18

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts
  • LocationHorcatereilberg-the Grand City

Posted 03 December 2014 - 05:14 PM

Maybe Zero should cut off the posting duration by the end of  working days which will be friday.

And also maybe we should open up a new topic instead of piling up discussions here. Just a thought, trying not to be mean here. ;____;

#196 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 05:15 PM

Oh, right. That coincides with WoE, huh. Hmmm.. Oh well. I'll just shut up and see what time it'll be at then. Benefitting only the host isn't a great idea, if it's an event planned with the participation of the community, but whatever. I guess giving an opinion and thinking about others shouldn't be talked about. My bad.

Hell, why don't you just ask Zero to get up at 4AM to host this event then?

The problem is with the server. This is an international server. The events, WoE, Maintenance all has to take into account different time zones. If this was an European server, like fRO, then yeah! The event times should reflect the times that are best for those in France. Same with bRO, kRO, etc. We do NOT have that luxury... No matter what time you choose, there's going to be someone that can't make it. So yeah, unfortunately, there are people who are going to have to "suck it" (In your own words) And apparently, your one of them. I don't like it any more than anyone else, but that's just the way it is.

#197 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 05:26 PM

you can't make everyone happy. Just keep it how it is and have someone who can pass out gifts later. It suits the greatest amount of people, including Zero who is putting all of this together.

This would be easier if we had the mail system *hint hint*

Edited by Tigra, 03 December 2014 - 05:26 PM.

#198 Chrispy

Chrispy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 06:06 PM

Dear Secret Santa,

I'd somehow would love a Ring Of Flame Lord as I've been a good boy this year.

IGN:Chrispy

#199 Zander

Zander

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2393 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 03 December 2014 - 07:56 PM

I would like a costume wing (aaw or rudra with +1 aspd enchant)

Ign: ***Zee***

#200 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 03 December 2014 - 08:01 PM

Ok, nvm for now.

(And please stop sharing this event on other places, geez how many times does that need to be said? .-. )

A lot of people on forum have issue with reading skill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users