12/3 Madeline Kahn memorial maintenance - Page 3 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

12/3 Madeline Kahn memorial maintenance

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#51 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 03 December 2014 - 11:42 AM

Oy vey, the mob spawn scripting on Biolabs 3 is like reading a phone book. Added a bunch of other changes/reversions to the earlier improved spawns. 

#52 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 03 December 2014 - 11:44 AM

Clock Tower 4: Replaced owl dukes with 40 Clocks and reduced Elder spawns from 4 to 2.

Dafuq - CT 4 is one of the best places to hunt the owls (other than TT); change makes no sense. There's a clock map floor 2 (c_tower02).

No much reasoning for putting a clock map behind a key. If you want people to hunt clocks, buff c_tower02 and alarms increase on c_tower03 (remove ridewords imo)

as far as biolabs spawn script goes, I believe they should be grouped into area spawns, you should just get an old copy from 2008 or w/e. There must be a backup kicking around somewhere gathering dust that you can grab the script from.

I do however like the idea of a biolabs themed quest, but it would have to be a separate map.

Edited by Xellie, 03 December 2014 - 11:52 AM.

#53 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 03 December 2014 - 12:05 PM

Ideas for event WoE:

Renewal Emps

No trans, no expanded (No MvP No God items)

No MvP / God item

Novice only

PLEASE CLEAR OUT MvPS FROM ABANDONED FORTS BEFORE WOE STARTS.

There should be incentive to participate since fort ownership is being archived and put on the back burner. Maybe winners could receive GSBs, or 1 free GM upgrade.

#54 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 03 December 2014 - 12:13 PM

Edited by Scuba, 03 December 2014 - 04:23 PM.

#55 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 03 December 2014 - 12:36 PM

The NPC for the no consumable pvp map has been moved to  Southeast Prontera, 220, 77 

We were not able to get the pvp 2/5 type numbers working this week, but we will be working on that and changing the map soon. 

#56 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 December 2014 - 12:47 PM

Taking owl duke out of that map was a bad choice as I was hunting there for feathers now I'll have to ask to temp in someone with a alde fort to get enough feathers

#57 fiat600abarth

fiat600abarth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 01:03 PM

What part of "pvp" is hard to understand? Assumptio doesn't work, ice wall doesn't work, sightblaster doesn't work. The best part will be waiting another week for the next ridiculous update with stuff no one wants.

How about from now on, you say what you want to do in advance, instead of going silent for 7 days. Because it's pretty blatant you don't know what pvp is about. Which wouldn't even be a problem if you actually took two minutes and posted something. I've been polite up to this point because I appreciated the effort, but this is stupid.

And disable speed pots. Thanks.

Edited by fiat600abarth, 03 December 2014 - 01:04 PM.

#58 aulbath

aulbath

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 01:31 PM

reset econs, set a 20 limit to guildsmno alliances,perhaps 1?, for pvp, is  getting annoying and boring fighting valk ano each woe with theyr 50+ ppl precast,

#59 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 03 December 2014 - 01:32 PM

Xellie,

I believe you should probably suggest things instead of constantly complaining about every single one of the changes (I mean.... every single one of your posts is a complaint). Changes are not made to satisfy your personal interests but to make the community's experience better. Thanks

It's called feedback, I rather participate in the server's future than complain about it being dictated by other people's feedback. By all means feel free to add your own comments or responses. I suggest things all the time. Constantly actually.

As a community leader I am only interested in changes that improve the play experiences of my immediate community, which is in turn controlled by the size of the population.

If they do something people don't like and they just say "this is stupid, I'm gonna quit and I'm not going to post because the GMs won't listen", who is going to post? YOU?

Feel free to post your own feedback.

Edited by Xellie, 03 December 2014 - 01:32 PM.

#60 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 03 December 2014 - 03:00 PM

What part of "pvp" is hard to understand? Assumptio doesn't work, ice wall doesn't work, sightblaster doesn't work. The best part will be waiting another week for the next ridiculous update with stuff no one wants.

How about from now on, you say what you want to do in advance, instead of going silent for 7 days. Because it's pretty blatant you don't know what pvp is about. Which wouldn't even be a problem if you actually took two minutes and posted something. I've been polite up to this point because I appreciated the effort, but this is stupid.

And disable speed pots. Thanks.

I will endeavor to do so. Last week we weren't in the office to see what changes could be made to our consumable less pvp test, it's been a project we've been able to work on inbetween larger projects so today's testing ingame has helped quite a bit. We're creating this new map type from scratch, the game has so far been hesitant to let us properly replicate PVP settings with the restrictions we are trying to have in. 

#61 Misos

Misos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed.
  • Server:Classic

Posted 03 December 2014 - 03:13 PM

The NPC for the no consumable pvp map has been moved to  Southeast Prontera, 220, 77

O8Sl1OZ.png

#62 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 03 December 2014 - 03:45 PM

Bryns disabled megs work? ecks dee ecks dee

#63 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 05:02 PM

For the end of the month we will archiving the econ/castle ownership data and having event WoEs for the last weeks of the year so also give suggestions for what you'd like to see!

What will this do to 1.0 god item creation? The holidays are a good time where people have some time off work/school. It's a good time for the non-vh guilds to get together and achieve something with the current excessive quest numbers.

#64 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 05:13 PM

Assume they'll have a npc that lets people from certain guilds (one that held before event) enter their dungeons if not would be a dck move

#65 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 03 December 2014 - 05:31 PM

What will this do to 1.0 god item creation? The holidays are a good time where people have some time off work/school. It's a good time for the non-vh guilds to get together and achieve something with the current excessive quest numbers.

It's a good time for vh too :p_idea:

#66 Ecclesio

Ecclesio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 07:29 PM

Dafuq - CT 4 is one of the best places to hunt the owls (other than TT); change makes no sense. There's a clock map floor 2 (c_tower02).

No much reasoning for putting a clock map behind a key. If you want people to hunt clocks, buff c_tower02 and alarms increase on c_tower03 (remove ridewords imo)

the clock map is absolutely overrun by bots right now. alarms is botted as well, though i've never seen more than one bot at alarms at one time (versus the 4 or more i've consistently seen at clocks). and the alarm map is actually really nice in terms of spawn rates, it's just the ridewords that are mediocre. the changes proposed to be made to CT 4 i would say are quite good for mid levels (say mid 70's to early 80's) to party. there are still maps to hunt owls, it's just that they are high tier maps that are not realistic to solo or require owning a luina fort. clocks and alarms have good drops and are decent exp. i tried to level in clocks when i was new here and honestly the bot issue made it difficult for it to be worthwhile. i ended up getting way more exp at mi gaos if i remember correctly. i don't think the classes botting clocks can continue to easily bot on a map if alarms are present as well (unless you get a train of bots like in alligators that includes priests and tanks). if there are quite a few players that are absolutely against the change, then fine, i retract my suggestion, but i stand by my general point that clock tower is in need of a buff, if not in the form of replacing owls.

Edited by Ecclesio, 03 December 2014 - 07:31 PM.

#67 TsubasaWingz

TsubasaWingz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 08:21 PM

Taking owl duke out of that map was a bad choice as I was hunting there for feathers now I'll have to ask to temp in someone with a alde fort to get enough feathers

general point that clock tower is in need of a buff, if not in the form of replacing owls.

Owls are always needed for their Soft Feathers, or else Feather Berets will be harder to make and its one of the essential gear for WoE.

Also, the incentive behind requiring the key to enter CT4 is for the Owl and their Soft Feathers, climbing up TT alone is one hell of a job, not to mention it requires at least 5 players to open the door to level 4.

#68 NujabesxRicky

NujabesxRicky

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 08:22 PM

Is Santa going to give out Little Feather Hats, this year?

#69 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 03 December 2014 - 08:54 PM

I'll work on getting the proposed changes and/or reversions for next week posted early so you guys can comment on the proposals over the weekend. 

#70 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 03 December 2014 - 10:08 PM

the clock map is absolutely overrun by bots right now. alarms is botted as well, though i've never seen more than one bot at alarms at one time (versus the 4 or more i've consistently seen at clocks). and the alarm map is actually really nice in terms of spawn rates, it's just the ridewords that are mediocre. the changes proposed to be made to CT 4 i would say are quite good for mid levels (say mid 70's to early 80's) to party. there are still maps to hunt owls, it's just that they are high tier maps that are not realistic to solo or require owning a luina fort. clocks and alarms have good drops and are decent exp. i tried to level in clocks when i was new here and honestly the bot issue made it difficult for it to be worthwhile. i ended up getting way more exp at mi gaos if i remember correctly. i don't think the classes botting clocks can continue to easily bot on a map if alarms are present as well (unless you get a train of bots like in alligators that includes priests and tanks). if there are quite a few players that are absolutely against the change, then fine, i retract my suggestion, but i stand by my general point that clock tower is in need of a buff, if not in the form of replacing owls.

Oh yeah, clocktower needs help desperately. But the owls are kind of a ... thing.

#71 DrHiluluk

DrHiluluk

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 01:55 AM

Turn ins plz....let new ppl join ....let them hv fun too...plz Gm 

#72 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 02:25 AM

Turn ins plz....let new ppl join ....let them hv fun too...plz Gm 

gooby pls

#73 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.

Posted 04 December 2014 - 05:32 AM

We are planning on having a jump event on Classic for mid-January along with improvements to monster drops and how PVE gear is acquired as a way to help players to recruit new people to pre-renewal. The idea would be to encourage players from Renewal to create accounts and get leveled up on classic, I'm looking for your feedback on whether we should have a "reduced exp to level" stype jump event or one more like what we did with Renewal: Complete quests to jump up to higher levels. Which version do you think would be more effective in getting new people on Classic and where would be the best place them to end up, level wise to participate in WoE, guild play?

Upcoming projects: 

12/10 Christmas Quest

12/10 Changes to gear dropped by low level monsters to address issues of gearing up for new players

12/17 Xmas themed challenge dungeon

As someone who's played Renewal for a year and starting to get into the Classic server more, I personally would like to see two things:

#1-irowiki updated. (Hasn't been updated since the beginning of July)

#2-Class guides actually being made/updated in the Guide forum.

No, these are not something the GMs can do, but I've seen people talking about recruiting a lot. Personally, as someone who has a level 58/14 Crusader, I find myself running around clueless as if this was the Renewal server. I mean, I needed horrendous mouths for my job change, so I headed to GH. irowiki stats that there's Jakks there, so imagine my surprise when I go and get attacked by gargoyles instead. Having updated info (like the spawns and such that are mentioned later in Oda's op, which I partially quoted) would help new people and Renewal TI freaks get a grip on the changes and different mechanics.

And just a random question. I've never seen any buyshops, so I'm assuming that skill (and the licenses) aren't available in Loki. If I'm correct, wouldn't implementing those help the market? The market now seems...bleh. No one's sold junk like the rotten bandage (Crusader job change item) since September. Other items like that haven't been vended in a longer period of time, me thinks.

I haven't started trying to vend my novice junk, but having buy shops for people to sell their drops to would, in my mind, help out newbies as much as veterans that need that stuff... What do you guys think?

#74 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 04 December 2014 - 06:11 AM

There are no buy shops. I agree they would be very nice. I feel like we brought it up before, but can't remember why we didn't get them.

#75 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 04 December 2014 - 08:31 AM

If I'm remembering correctly that skill may not be supported by the build of the game we have for classic. On Pre-Renewal, a lot more of the game was "baked in" to the program and cannot be modified with the scripting we're able to change on our end.  

As someone who's played Renewal for a year and starting to get into the Classic server more, I personally would like to see two things:

#1-irowiki updated. (Hasn't been updated since the beginning of July)

#2-Class guides actually being made/updated in the Guide forum.

No, these are not something the GMs can do, but I've seen people talking about recruiting a lot. Personally, as someone who has a level 58/14 Crusader, I find myself running around clueless as if this was the Renewal server. I mean, I needed horrendous mouths for my job change, so I headed to GH. irowiki stats that there's Jakks there, so imagine my surprise when I go and get attacked by gargoyles instead. Having updated info (like the spawns and such that are mentioned later in Oda's op, which I partially quoted) would help new people and Renewal TI freaks get a grip on the changes and different mechanics.

And just a random question. I've never seen any buyshops, so I'm assuming that skill (and the licenses) aren't available in Loki. If I'm correct, wouldn't implementing those help the market? The market now seems...bleh. No one's sold junk like the rotten bandage (Crusader job change item) since September. Other items like that haven't been vended in a longer period of time, me thinks.

I haven't started trying to vend my novice junk, but having buy shops for people to sell their drops to would, in my mind, help out newbies as much as veterans that need that stuff... What do you guys think?

I'd actually like to be able to edit the wiki (at least on Classic) to help keep it current. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users