Increase on the vend limit. - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Increase on the vend limit.

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#1 Magmag

Magmag

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 03 December 2014 - 06:24 PM

Dear Oda&Camp

There has been a lot of gossip in regards to this mystical vend limit increase in the forums. Everyone is dreaming, talking, wishing about this update. Some have said it might be in this update since it was introduced in kro well before the level caps have. Can we get a definitely yes or no answer on whether this will be introduced on our server? People have said in the bug reports that it is not in, other that said it should come. It's damn confusing. Any official word would be greatly appreciated. 

Thank you kindly,

Mag

PS.

All I want for Christmas is a vend limit increase. 

#2 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 06:28 PM

is it possible to test this on sakray?  i'm not sure how much money npcs give you there to buy equips and such.

#3 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 03 December 2014 - 06:30 PM

Fingers crossed am hoping its in since 175/60 is comming through thats alot of damn content to pushi in for one week lets see if they succeed

#4 Magmag

Magmag

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 06:33 PM

Money wouldn't matter. 

The thing is someone tested it before by setting up a shop and it wasn't working.

So, if it is suppose to be there, than it's a bug; if it isn't, a lot of us will cry and pray to Odin it actually comes soon.

Edited by Magmag, 03 December 2014 - 06:34 PM.

#5 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 06:37 PM

well if someone tested on sakray already and it wasn't working odds are it's not bundled with the next major update iRO is getting.

it'd be nice to get an official list of what is coming in with 175/60 though.

#6 Magmag

Magmag

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 06:38 PM

Some are arguing it came before the 160, so we should have it by now.

#7 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 03 December 2014 - 06:39 PM

just the 175/60 update. meaning just ur lvls lol ^.^

#8 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 06:44 PM

Seems like such an incredibly easy fix. I don't know why it has not been increased yet.

#9 hesho

hesho

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 06:47 PM

am i the only one that doesn't want it increased?

#10 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 December 2014 - 06:52 PM

am i the only one that doesn't want it increased?

Reasoning?

#11 hesho

hesho

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 06:57 PM

Reasoning?

it keeps some items at a certain price.  Some items that are 100m will be going up immediately if/when the vend limit is increased.  Also, if you want to sell it for more then 100m, there would be forum posts and such as well. 

#12 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 07:15 PM

the reason why the items would go up immediately is because they were underpriced to begin with and the players couldn't be bothered to set up a chat all day in eden waiting for someone to buy it at an appropriate price, or waiting for someone to reach out to them on the forums (which not everyone visits anyway).  just cause items like 99 balloons or BDMs have shown up in vends for the max limit doesn't mean they are worth only 99 mil.

#13 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 03 December 2014 - 07:50 PM

Someone please ask this on tiki again and again thanks.

#14 FrostKing

FrostKing

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1034 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 03 December 2014 - 07:51 PM

lol u want to keep the items that are at 100m~140m to be at 99m. How abt we do 999m vend upgrade and then making things like 1b~1.2b at 1b ?

40m < 100m~200m

#15 hesho

hesho

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 08:27 PM

an item's worth will always be what someone is willing to pay.   If someone spends time to setup the chat and it sells for more zeny, power to them then.  If they are to lazy and just sets up a vend at 100m, i don't see anything wrong with that as they know it will at least sell too.

#16 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 08:38 PM

Sounds like you want the existing cap to stay so you can take advantage of people that need quick zeny.

But an increased cap would benefit everyone, and it would help clear out Eden. It would expand the scope of data collection services like Ragial and give people a better indication of current prices and trends. It would prevent price gouging. It would ease the burden on players whom currently need to sit around, semi-afk in Eden with their gears open just to get rid of their stuff. The market forum would remain active since people want exposure for their wares. There's really no down-side.

#17 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Server:Offline

Posted 03 December 2014 - 09:14 PM

I'm tired of wasting electricity trying to sell my gears. Please implement this asap.

#18 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 09:19 PM

an item's worth will always be what someone is willing to pay.   If someone spends time to setup the chat and it sells for more zeny, power to them then.  If they are to lazy and just sets up a vend at 100m, i don't see anything wrong with that as they know it will at least sell too.

lol @ laziness comment.

chats are a suboptimal method to sell your wares.  unless you're a robot, you cannot be monitoring the chat 24/7 and prospective buyers can leave messages when you are asleep or otherwise afk and you end up missing out on a sale.  also nothing is more aggravating than when you get randomly disconnected overnight and end up losing all your messages.

with increased vend limit, you no longer need to monitor a separate account all the time.  the instant someone sees your wares and is agreeable to the price, purchase is made, and everyone goes on their merry way.

i mean yeah, it won't be as easy to flip underpriced items as easily as before but i'm sure you'll manage.

#19 Roname

Roname

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 10:01 PM

Every MMO I've played, increasing vend cap/money cap a player can hold leads to inflation.

#20 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 10:34 PM

Every MMO I've played, increasing vend cap/money cap a player can hold leads to inflation.

An overabundance of currency leads to inflation. Vend limit expansions do not of themselves facilitate inflation, and money limit expansions are just a QoL response to it. The game would need to undergo some very fundamental changes in order to halt inflation, since its mechanics are almost tailor-made for it x_x

Random relevant video:

#21 Kebtung

Kebtung

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members - No Sig
  • 959 posts
  • Server:( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 03 December 2014 - 10:36 PM

Pretty sure inflation will happen if vend limit increased.

#22 Roname

Roname

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 10:49 PM

An overabundance of currency leads to inflation. Vend limit expansions do not of themselves facilitate inflation, and money limit expansions are just a QoL response to it. The game would need to undergo some very fundamental changes in order to halt inflation, since its mechanics are almost tailor-made for it x_x

Random relevant video:

I'll bet you 100 jellopy, that if vend/character money cap raises, inflation will happen. Deal? :D

#23 neko1231

neko1231

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 10:59 PM

no inflation pleassssssssssse

#24 LouisLu

LouisLu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 11:44 PM

In order for RO to increase the vending limit is first increase the amount of zeny that a character can have (2,000,000,000)

and this number is set from a variable in the SQL data saving system, however this number can not be set higher due to unstable gaming (crash/error), it was test in the kRO, and same thing for the vending too, each trade has its own limit to prevent from the gaming crash.

#25 belenoi

belenoi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1055 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 11:44 PM

Inflation or not, the current system is outdated. It would be ok if we had 50~100 item which cost goes over the limit but we have soooo many. Of course no eden is enough for that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users