[Renewal] 175/60 Update: Critical Concerns - Page 4 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

[Renewal] 175/60 Update: Critical Concerns

• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

#76 DeathDealer

DeathDealer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 437 posts
  • LocationJefferson State
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 December 2014 - 03:49 PM

Part of another well said post from Zoltor earlier today.... its ez to see he plays this game ALOT. I just hope the GMs dont take him serious.

I would rather there just be a no 3rd job allowed WOE on the renewal Server(that's not to say don't have 3rd job allowed WOEs, but there should be a WOE, like 1 day a week, where no 3rd jobs are allow.

Edited by DeathDealer, 05 December 2014 - 03:51 PM.

#77 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4047 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 04:02 PM

he's a guy from the past lol

#78 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10871 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 05 December 2014 - 04:18 PM

No needs to argue if Gx is being OP'ed or not. If you think gx is OP'ed then play the class.

For me, gx is nowhere near being OP'ed. Common sense, people choose to play what they think most OP, and gx is absolutely not the most common class you will run into WoR or PvP.

Hint: where is the damn wandere in WoE? -_-

#79 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 04:56 PM

No needs to argue if Gx is being OP'ed or not. If you think gx is OP'ed then play the class.

For me, gx is nowhere near being OP'ed. Common sense, people choose to play what they think most OP, and gx is absolutely not the most common class you will run into WoR or PvP.

Hint: where is the damn wandere in WoE? -_-

Sorry, I'm not a band wagon jumper, I won't play something, just because a char is OPed, infact, I'm more likely to be less interesting in playing a char, when such is OPed.

#80 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 04:58 PM

Sorry, I'm not a band wagon jumper, I won't play something, just because a char is OPed, infact, I'm more likely to be less interesting in playing a char, when such is OPed.

Good thing you don't PvP since chaser is a top tier PvP class

#81 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 05:40 PM

Good thing you don't PvP since chaser is a top tier PvP class

I never liked reg PvP in RO, WOE is great, but I don't use my Rogue/SC type char like the lap dog to the guild, the kRO developers would have you believe they should be(my char breaks Emps, kills high Vit char like nothing, crosses the enemies lines, causes them to panic, ect). I'm not the type of person who would make a divest build, so I can do all the dirty work, while my guildies finish them off/have all the fun.

#82 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 05:43 PM

I never liked reg PvP in RO, WOE is great, but I don't use my Rogue/SC type char like the lap dog to the guild, the kRO developers would have you believe they should be(my char breaks Emps, kills high Vit char like nothing, crosses the enemies lines, causes them to panic, ect). I'm not the type of person who would make a divest build, so I can do all the dirty work, while my guildies finish them off/have all the fun.

I'm sure.

#83 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 December 2014 - 05:50 PM

Well I'm interested.

Post gear, build, copied skills and such please! I'd like to simulate what you've got, Zoltor.

#84 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online

Posted 05 December 2014 - 05:55 PM

crosses the enemies lines, causes them to panic

#85 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 06:14 PM

Well I'm interested.

Post gear, build, copied skills and such please! I'd like to simulate what you've got, Zoltor.

My stat build is secret, sorry(It's a MVP stat build, which if you listened to the falsehood around these forums, is not possible lol). As for gear, nothing special at all, just your standard WOE gear. However your main weapon will be a Ice Pick, feel free to splash some cursed water on it though.

As for skills, It's very simple, Hide/Stalk maxed out, and Back Stab maxed out.

The rest just comes with experience in sneaking around the few people who can knock you out of Stalk. Once past precast, you're pretty much on your own, because your guild will still be trying to get through precast, but you have a few options, kill the LK/RK who is no doubt standing guard or ignore it to just go straight after the Emp. The LK/RK will no doubt try to stop you, but unless It's one willing to activate its buffs(I swear why don't those players activate Spear Dynamo, when their reg attack/skills don't seem to be doing a damn thing), It's not likely to happen

Getting past precast is a joke for such a char, so all that matters, is how crowded the actual Emp is/ Most guilds have most of their def near the precast, not the Emp area, so you shouldn't have too much trouble.

Also beware of Hunter/Rangers with trap builds. They are super rare, but they are pretty much the bane of Stalker/SCs(A Stalker/SC unable to move, is a dead one)

Edited by Zoltor, 05 December 2014 - 06:17 PM.

#86 Shippou22

Shippou22

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts
  • LocationMexico
  • Server:chaos

Posted 05 December 2014 - 06:20 PM

i have learned one thing from this thread,  fuyuki-kun is apparently the counter to zoltor

#87 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 06:27 PM

My stat build is secret, sorry(It's a MVP stat build, which if you listened to the falsehood around these forums, is not possible lol). As for gear, nothing special at all, just your standard WOE gear. However your main weapon will be a Ice Pick, feel free to splash some cursed water on it though.

As for skills, It's very simple, Hide/Stalk maxed out, and Back Stab maxed out.

The rest just comes with experience in sneaking around the few people who can knock you out of Stalk. Once past precast, you're pretty much on your own, because your guild will still be trying to get through precast, but you have a few options, kill the LK/RK who is no doubt standing guard or ignore it to just go straight after the Emp. The LK/RK will no doubt try to stop you, but unless It's one willing to activate its buffs(I swear why don't those players activate Spear Dynamo, when their reg attack/skills don't seem to be doing a damn thing), It's not likely to happen

Getting past precast is a joke for such a char, so all that matters, is how crowded the actual Emp is/ Most guilds have most of their def near the precast, not the Emp area, so you shouldn't have too much trouble.

Also beware of Hunter/Rangers with trap builds. They are super rare, but they are pretty much the bane of Stalker/SCs(A Stalker/SC unable to move, is a dead one)

tumblr_inline_mpl670y0hl1qz4rgp.gifi'm dying

#88 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online

Posted 05 December 2014 - 06:29 PM

I'm convinced you don't play iRO Chaos server 100%

#89 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 06:32 PM

tumblr_inline_mpl670y0hl1qz4rgp.gifi'm dying

Well in addion to Improved dodge, sword mastery, and double attack ofcourse. However Hide/Stalk, and Backstab are all the active skills needed.

#90 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 06:34 PM

2mil damage is definitely a lot for a sinx on classic.

#91 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 06:37 PM

Well in addion to Improved dodge, sword mastery, and double attack ofcourse. However Hide/Stalk, and Backstab are all the active skills needed.

12215635.jpg

#92 ShinKokuryuu

ShinKokuryuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 06:38 PM

Why backstab? There are many better moves out there, and it hardly does any damage with all those WoE reducs...

While you're chipping the RK's hp away, he could just be spamming DB on you or alternatively, kill you with bellum katz ctrl click attacks...

#93 Omnipheles

Omnipheles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1151 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Chaos - Renewal

Posted 05 December 2014 - 06:42 PM

Zoltor is comedy gold over here. Though if he's not trying to get laughs, it's a sad thing to see.

#94 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 06:42 PM

I don't think you realize that RKs have 60k-120k hp now. While you sit there backstabbing for 500 damage, or hitting the emp for constant 1 damage (emps have plant def, ice pick is meaningless against it), the RK is gonna be hitting you with 20k+ dragon breaths that ignore flee.

EDIT: Actually, I think you secretly know exactly how the game works, and you actually play properly on an alt account. This one, however, is just around to say the exact opposite of everything that is currently true.

Edited by Tofu, 05 December 2014 - 06:46 PM.

#95 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 05 December 2014 - 06:44 PM

I don't think you realize that RKs have 60k-120k hp now. While you sit there backstabbing for 500 damage, or hitting the emp for constant 1 damage (emps have plant def, ice pick is meaningless against it), the RK is gonna be hitting you with 20k+ dragon breaths that ignore flee.

I had hard time explaining Flee

#96 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 05 December 2014 - 06:44 PM

OMFG lol, how can the developers pretend GXs aren't brokenly OPed.

I want to know what equips It's wearing, but truthfully, does it even matter? They shouldn't be allowed to do that kind of damage period.

The only job allowed to do such damage, is Sura, and look at the penalty they get for doing such, drains all SP, which makes them pretty useless for 5 seconds afterwards, until they are allowed to spam blues, not to mention it takes spirit spheres/fury or whatnot, before the sura can even cast the GFist.

Here's comes a GX with no downsides, god at everything, doing crazy damage like It's nothing.

GX has always been the way they were. Nobody ever cared at the beginning because we all overlooked one totally simple thing, third class is all about casting AoE from an arguably safe distance except GX which need to close the gap abit to do it.

Everyone thought from all the 'balancing' that Sura's were the most loved class by kRO developers and GM's, when in reality the actual loved class was GX, renewal mechanics was only a trivial and minor inconvenience to the class, once some more gears were implemented that took away all the real problems. The good side though is that Dark Claw gets a massive cooldown compared to the activation time it has, bringing about a pretty decent balance, 15 seconds worth of OP against one target, then 45 seconds where they arent OP against everyone else.

The real underdog class in all this is AB, just saying.....Offertorium not exactly the latest balanced version from what I see.

Edited by Marty5337, 05 December 2014 - 06:49 PM.

#97 ShinKokuryuu

ShinKokuryuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 06:47 PM

GX has always been the way they were. Nobody ever cared at the beginning because we all overlooked one totally simple thing, third class is all about casting AoE from an arguably safe distance except GX which need to close the gap abit to do it.

Everyone thought from all the 'balancing' that Sura's were the most loved class by kRO developers and GM's, when in reality the actual loved class was GX, renewal mechanics was only a trivial and minor inconvenience to the class, once some more gears were implemented that took away all the real problems. Have you ever noticed any real nerf the class ever got that made it completely unable to use half its skills?

Isn't ranger the most loved class? Just keeps getting more ranged damage.

#98 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 06:48 PM

Why backstab? There are many better moves out there, and it hardly does any damage with all those WoE reducs...

While you're chipping the RK's hp away, he could just be spamming DB on you or alternatively, kill you with bellum katz ctrl click attacks...

You mean like that POS BB(what a bad skill). With Maxed out Reproduce I suppose CI is a better option. However where's "all" these better skills you speak of, as far as I can tell, CI is the only better skill. Rogue, Stalker, SC all got pretty shafted on skills, and Intimidate/Reproduce only lets you learn certain skill from X Jobs.

If it wasn't for Reproduce, all SC would have is debuff skills, that require carrying a ton of crappy items with you. Oh yea, and Divest Accessory, lets not forget that lol(Who the hell would waste time Divesting Accessories, It's the least impactful equip. Unless you know for a fact, someone is wearing 2x mags, It's pointless).

Edited by Zoltor, 05 December 2014 - 06:52 PM.

#99 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 05 December 2014 - 06:52 PM

EDIT: Actually, I think you secretly know exactly how the game works, and you actually play properly on an alt account. This one, however, is just around to say the exact opposite of everything that is currently true.

From what I remember Tofu, you can now increase DB damage via Racials, % cards? How did the testing on Sakray go? It doesnt work with hydra cards and such still?

#100 ShinKokuryuu

ShinKokuryuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 06:54 PM

Almost any 3rd class damaging skill you can use does more damage than backstab. Since you love backstab so much, why not mention that you can copy shield spell to buff its damage more?

Bowling Bash isn't a bad skill, and there's no knockback in WoE anyway. CI is of course usable. Copying AS as a bow SC would be better damage than backstab even. How about ignition break? Dragon combo is highly spammable as well so it may have some use.

Most of those skills I mention aren't really viable in the WoE scene, but they would be doing more than backstabbing at the very least.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users