12/17 Final Fantasy 1 NES Anniversary Classic Maintenance - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

12/17 Final Fantasy 1 NES Anniversary Classic Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#1 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 11 December 2014 - 05:33 PM

Oda edit: On this day 27 years ago, the original Final Fantasy was released in Japan for Nintendo's Famicon system. True to it's name, Final Fantasy represented Hironobu Sakiguchi's last chance to make his Ultima inspired game as the studiio was threatened with bankruptcy. The designers were huge fans of Dungeons and Dragons and western RPGs of the time, and combined mechanics from pen and paper with beautiful sprite graphics and music from Nobuo Uematsu. The game proved to be a hit, and along with Dragon Quest went on to influence hundreds of games to follow (including RO), nearly singlehandedly creating the JRPG genre for generations of console players. 

On my old grey NES, I watched my parents play FF1 (I was more a fan of Dragon Quest, which seemed to be a little easier for a kid to grasp) and loved the open world design and mechanics like using a tent you bought from a NPC to sleep and save your game. The whole thing really did feel like a great big adventure. 

Xmas Quest-Since we did not have a reward item set up for the 2014 Christmas Quest last week (no costumes on Classic) we put in the crystal monsters and other creatures that drop gift boxes, we will be adding the proper quest this week. 

Campitor: So I will need to clean this up some but this is part 1 of our drop update project (Mon lvl 1-10 for this week).

• Ant Egg gains a 100% Red Herb drop chance
  • Baby Desert Wolves Adventurer's Suits will drop 100% more often
  • Baby Desert wolves will no longer drop Cotton Shirts but will instead drop Empty Bottle at a high chance
  • Baby Desert Wolves get a 1900% increase to Asura Drop rates
  • Chon Chons will drop Cutters about 150% more often
  • Some Chon Chons will now drop empty bottles
  • Drops will drop Rods 100% more often
  • Eclipse will no longer drop red herbs but instead strawberries
  • Dragon Flys will no longer drop red herbs but instead strawberries
  • Fabres will drop clubs 100% more often
  • Familiars will no longer drop red herbs but instead have a chance to drop white herbs
  • Familiars will drop ribbons 300% more often
  • Hornets will drop Main Gaunche 300% more often
  • Hornets gain apple drop
  • Some pickys will no longer drop cotton shirts but instead Mastela Fruits
  • Some pickys gain an apple drop
  • Pupas will drop guards 1900% more often
  • Roda Frog gains flywing drop
  • Roda Frog gains Orange Juice drop
  • Skeleton gains white herb drop
  • Thief Bug gains red herb drop

Snowman Themed Christmas Quest goes in,

#2 TsubasaWingz

TsubasaWingz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 05:50 PM

So I will need to clean this up some but this is part 1 of our drop update project (Mon lvl 1-10 for this week).

• Baby Desert wolves will no longer drop Cotton Shirts but will instead drop Empty Bottle at a high chance
  • Familiars will no longer drop red herbs but instead have a chance to drop white herbs

Why Orange Juice? We need more Drops cute pets around?

And hopefully the "some pickys" won't drop Mastela too often or else its a repeat of Rogue Bots farming the Enchanted Peach Trees in Kunlun dungeon back in the day, that is until kRO removed the Mastela drops from the peach trees altogether.

#3 Ecclesio

Ecclesio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 07:09 PM

Why Orange Juice? We need more Drops cute pets around?

And hopefully the "some pickys" won't drop Mastela too often or else its a repeat of Rogue Bots farming the Enchanted Peach Trees in Kunlun dungeon back in the day, that is until kRO removed the Mastela drops from the peach trees altogether.

Orange Juice is required in some of the cooking recipes and they're currently a pain to acquire.

Thank you for considering updating monster drops, I look forward to the rest of the updates for monsters. Also, I hate to be a pain about this, but instead of typing that "so and so drop is increased by 1900%", could you all please just type previous drop rate and the new drop rate? Or at least put what the new drop rate will be if you guys do not want to say what it originally was?

So like for example, if Familiar dropped Ribbon at .75% originally, the new drop rate is 1%.

Or you could just say "Familiar will now drop Ribbons at a rate of 1%."

My last question, are you all taking other suggestions for monsters in this update thread? I posted some previously in other threads, but I would not mind taking a little bit of time to consider other possible changes besides the ones I already posted.

#4 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Classic

Posted 11 December 2014 - 07:12 PM

Update on Nyd quest for holidays? 

#5 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 December 2014 - 07:14 PM

Update on Nyd quest for holidays? 

Gonna lose a lot of players if we don't get any word on this ASAP.

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 11 December 2014 - 07:14 PM.

#6 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:03 PM

Gonna lose a lot of players if we don't get any word on this ASAP.

Need a word on something anyway.

A challenge dungeon every two or three months is not going to be enough to maintain your playerbase.

Lets talk about KVM, New World (Nyd) and any other interesting improvements.

I'd still like to see a reason to do Tierra.

It is cool to see you working on low level drops, I think almost every pre-trans item needs to be looked at as something a new player could possibly go and farm for themselves. 

Also which one of these (http://ragial.com/se...Classic/chewing) are in this months box?

Edited by Themes, 11 December 2014 - 08:04 PM.

#7 Misos

Misos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed.

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:19 PM

So I will need to clean this up some but this is part 1 of our drop update project (Mon lvl 1-10 for this week).

You are just wasting your time.

Basic to do list for you:
1. Add nyd.

2. Add TIs so newbs can level faster, they are QQing too much.
3. Add old lucky box items to kafra shop. Some of them overpowered and important gears, newbs can't pay 250-300m for +7 skull cap.*
4. Create a proper restricted item PvP room. I think one month passed but we can use ygg berries, bwings and other random craps.
5. Stop wasting your time, nobody wants increased apple drop rate. If you wanna give more consumables to newbies just give 1k novice potions to them instead of editing things.

* Nuber III is really important, new players are not able to buy old lucky box items and they are kinda meta-gears now. If you wanna keep adding lucky boxes just add old items to kafra shop so we can buy them when we got KP.

I actually don't care about those changes, they won't hurt the economy anyways. But you have more important tasks right now. Please read this a couple times and do something before it's too late.

Edited by Misos, 11 December 2014 - 08:36 PM.

#8 TsubasaWingz

TsubasaWingz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:55 PM

Orange Juice is required in some of the cooking recipes and they're currently a pain to acquire.

There are so many different type of ingredients used for cooking, why just Orange Juice? Ingredients such as the various flowers and probably the Amulets, Bitter Herbs are also much needed.

And seriously? People still cook nowadays? We have the Kafra Food Items, though they vanish upon KO, but that hold true even for the Caterer's snack items as well. Also, the Caterer only accepts lv10 foods, and none of those food requires the use of Orange Juice. So why bother with the Orange Juice than the much more needed ingredients?

If you want more Orange Juice, just increase the drop rate from Drops. I find it weird for an amphibian to drop Orange Juice. Make more sense if a Penguin were to drop those juice.

You are just wasting your time.

Basic to do list for you:
1. Add nyd.

2. Add TIs so newbs can level faster, they are QQing too much.
3. Add old lucky box items to kafra shop. Some of them overpowered and important gears, newbs can't pay 250-300m for +7 skull cap.*
4. Create a proper restricted item PvP room. I think one month passed but we can use ygg berries, bwings and other random craps.
5. Stop wasting your time, nobody wants increased apple drop rate. If you wanna give more consumables to newbies just give 1k novice potions to them instead of editing things.

* Nuber III is really important, new players are not able to buy old lucky box items and they are kinda meta-gears now. If you wanna keep adding lucky boxes just add old items to kafra shop so we can buy them when we got KP.

Classic's lucky box has always been re-introducing old headgears as to "keep newbies happy". Can't we have new headgears and items from them? All I've been seeing are Rideword Hats, Evil Marching Hats, Well-Chewed Pencils, Pirate Daggers, Skull Caps, Little Feather Hats and Yellow Ribbons.

Can the GMs put in something new for a change? Classic needs more variety of new items, players are not here for WoE only you know?

Edited by TsubasaWingz, 11 December 2014 - 08:56 PM.

#9 HansLowell

HansLowell

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:46 AM

You know like usual Im gonna speak, I dont know what your thinking but your supposed to deal with botters not bring them on the server.

Mastela fruit on picky isn't a bit too much?

Edited by HansLowell, 12 December 2014 - 12:47 AM.

#10 AmericanPie

AmericanPie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 612 posts
  • LocationPVP Waiting Room

Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:45 AM

+10 main gauche pls, botters

#11 Ecclesio

Ecclesio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 08:24 AM

There are so many different type of ingredients used for cooking, why just Orange Juice? Ingredients such as the various flowers and probably the Amulets, Bitter Herbs are also much needed.

And seriously? People still cook nowadays? We have the Kafra Food Items, though they vanish upon KO, but that hold true even for the Caterer's snack items as well. Also, the Caterer only accepts lv10 foods, and none of those food requires the use of Orange Juice. So why bother with the Orange Juice than the much more needed ingredients?

If you want more Orange Juice, just increase the drop rate from Drops. I find it weird for an amphibian to drop Orange Juice. Make more sense if a Penguin were to drop those juice.

Can the GMs put in something new for a change? Classic needs more variety of new items, players are not here for WoE only you know?

Lol. Who said they're only increasing orange juice drops and not the other rare ingredients? The rare flowers and bitter herbs do need an increase in drop rate, but most of those are dropped by monsters higher than level 10. I'm assuming they increased Orange Juice as it's used to make the +6 DEX food. Also, I don't think anyone cooks, but I know I would make use of the cooking system if it wasn't impractical and massively time consuming. The only person I know that cooks is that super novice guy, Humblebaum, or whatever his name is. I sold him my cooking kits. Amulets aren't that bad to get, you just need a party at Nameless 3 to get them. I have like almost 100 of them from my parties there. It's the flowers like Izidor and such that are absolutely insane and need a substantial increase. An increase in drop rate for the lower level monsters that drop Amulet would be nice, though, as Nameless 3 is a high tier dungeon that is mostly limited to veteran / well-geared players.

Also, are we really getting into that it's strange that an amphibian will be dropping orange juice???? Really??? This is a pointless conversation. We could literally take this conversation and make it endless. Isn't it weird that flies (Chon chons) are dropping daggers? Why are little larvae-like caterpillar Fabre monsters dropping clubs that are probably at least five times their size? Hornets are dropping daggers as well? Tiny birds (Pickies) are dropping T-shirts made for humans? This game is weird as hell, Amphibians dropping orange juice isn't that strange.

They should put Mastela Fruit on a monster that can't be botted. I would say putting it on Pickies is a bit much. If they really wanted to have a way new players can get zeny, they should just add Brigan or Cyfar to the Picky drops at like 60% drop rate or something.

Edited by Ecclesio, 12 December 2014 - 08:43 AM.

#12 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 12 December 2014 - 11:34 AM

Updated the OP. Regarding the limited number of monsters we have available, I want to get an informal poll going from you guys: what monsters do you think are currently redundant/can be repurposed for making into useful monsters for new content? We are hesitant to use the mvp/miniboss mob spawn monsters, since those were put in to prevent people from farming the boss slave spawns. 

#13 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:19 PM

I dont think farming most MVP mobs is a big problem honestly. If you're really concerned with it you could focus on some of the easier MVP mobs and remove the ghosts and give their mob summon a cooldown of 5-60 minutes depending on what you deem reasonable. Nobody is going to farm Dracula for his bats or Phreeoni for his Sandmen (possibly his Hodes though).

There's also the mini porings that summon > 1 mob type each, for example:

http://db.irowiki.or...ster-info/1582/

http://db.irowiki.or...ster-info/1388/

Those two alone free up 7 monster IDs and have fairly minimal impact on the game itself. Angeling already summons actual monsters so....

Turtle General is another with 4 to his name (http://db.irowiki.or...ster-info/1312/) a quick glance at the drops of his mob doesnt lead me to that much of an interest in farming anything he had especially if he's got a 5-10 minute mob respawn timer.

How many do you guys want? If you guys gave us some numbers we could come up with a list and maybe talk through it with you sometime.

#14 Tolrin

Tolrin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:44 PM

Egnigem has 5 mob monsters that aren't used anywhere else (http://db.irowiki.or...ster-info/1658/), and frankly she is difficult enough to hold in place that if someone farmed her mob, I think they deserve it (probably also not really worth anyone's time.)  Vesper also has a couple of ghost slaves that aren't worth anyone's time (http://db.irowiki.or...ster-info/1685/), though it's possible that those slaves could be used in the juperos quest, I can't remember.   Even if thats the case, the juperos quest mobs could easily just be replaced by non-ghost versions as well.

If you are worried about people farming the mobs, you can just stay away from the powerful ones, like hydrolancer, thanatos, valk, or morroc, but otherwise I think that it isn't really a problem.  The only other real place with 'useless' monsters are the various quests, I know theres ghost fabre/picky/lunatic and the like in various job change quests, or there were, but errors in using those IDs could cause much bigger problems than an MvP accidentally summoning a weird monster, so I'd be hesitant to suggest using those ones.

Unfortunately I can't really come up with any better ideas when it comes to freeing up monster space, the only actually redundant real monsters I can think of are the various andres in ant hell, but only having 1 colour of them would be weird.

#15 TsubasaWingz

TsubasaWingz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 02:17 AM

Also, are we really getting into that it's strange that an amphibian will be dropping orange juice???? Really??? This is a pointless conversation. We could literally take this conversation and make it endless. Isn't it weird that flies (Chon chons) are dropping daggers? Why are little larvae-like caterpillar Fabre monsters dropping clubs that are probably at least five times their size? Hornets are dropping daggers as well? Tiny birds (Pickies) are dropping T-shirts made for humans? This game is weird as hell, Amphibians dropping orange juice isn't that strange.

Well, I did not mention in particular that amphibians dropping Orange Juice is outrightly strange from the outset, I added this 

at the end of my sentence.

What I was trying to say was that following the theme set by Ragnarok, won't you find it strange that Roda Frogs were to drop Orange Juice? Wouldn't it be more appropriate for Galapagos to drop them instead?

You may not be thinking what I am thinking, but I serious do not feel like it for an unrelated monster to be dropping something that was originally designed to be dropped by a particular monster.

I am serious against the idea of a Roda Frog to be dropping, say, a Thara Frog card or a Marc card. It doesn't fit into the theme of the game.

If you want to change the drop, make sure it makes a little more sense, game-wise.

(Yeah, I do agree with you that there is not real life logic within games, but please, follow at least some in-game trends, so that it still stays true to a game)

#16 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 13 December 2014 - 02:54 AM

They are aware orange juice is a feed / tame not a healing item?

#17 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 15 December 2014 - 01:43 PM

Hopefully nyd garbs will be reward of xmas quest!

#18 HikariYari

HikariYari

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 789 posts
  • Server:Roundbeck

Posted 15 December 2014 - 01:44 PM

How about a Novice Card Album Quest. Cards like Roda, Pupa, Willow, Pecopeco. and some lower tier cards like poring/lunatic could come from it.

Novice Equipment box

+4 Armor set by class (1) slot (Armor, Shoes, Mant/Muffler)

Weapon exchange coupon to exchange for one slotted +4 level 2/3 weapon of choice (Not special or 2nd job).

A new headgear as long as worn by only 1st jobs/novice (nontrans) they earn 20% more exp.

Increase the drop rate of unslotted accessory items.

Increase the experience points in lower level mobs (Not spores/Wolves) by 100-200 base 50-100 job.

Repeatable hunting quests that give a little exp and 200 red, 100 orange, 50 Yellow, or 25 white potions.

As for things we want for current players.

Nyd instance. 

Original Bio 3 spawns.

High level monsters that give only 10 base or job exp getting those buffed up.  

Skeggiold 91100 base 10 job ~> 91100base 47000 job (All versions)

Bio lab 2 mobs boosted up from 50 job To 2000/2400 job exp each.

Making New World drops obtainable in some way.

Edited by HikariYari, 15 December 2014 - 01:49 PM.

#19 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 02:19 PM

Here's my Christmas wishlist:

New World - and all that goes with it, Nyd etc

KVM - properly implemented with no bugs or exploits and a promise of no badges available from boxes

DG - fix the incarnations drop rate 0.02 is not cool

Bio3 - just give us the default spawns with wizards and all

BGs - do something to make Tierra worth playing

Gemstones - just put yellow/reds on NPCs please, you take an annoying semi-time consuming step out of getting them

MVP variance - i'd like to see some rebalancing of it slightly, having a 60 minute MVP with the same variance as a 12 hour seems really weird. It's annoying killing a bunch of short spawn MVPs and the long spawns are impossible to find because its the same group/person just killing it all week.

#20 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 December 2014 - 12:05 AM

Id want

KVM (Gear from an unexploited system)

Nameless Spotlight

Tierra buff / Flavius disable (or alternate between the two. Shouldnt NEED a wizard to win a game)

Challenge Dungeon thats challenging

Drooping Alicel hat w/ effect.

#21 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 01:27 AM

We need end game stuff. We should be concentrating on retaining our existing playerbase atm, rather than enticing newbies.

Leveling and gearing on Classic in the lower ranges isn't an issue. TIs hold your hand from as soon as you leave the Training Grounds (which are fine and don't need a revamp btw) to Lv86. They are easy and farmable, the EXP gained rockets you up in level almost faster than you can gear (making low tier gear all but useless), and players get a ton of loot from them which may be resold on the market for some pretty decent zeny. The NPC weapons actually serve you quite well up till Goats, and by that point any halfway decent player should have set up a vendor alt and made enough selling off drops from their TI'ing to afford mid-tier gears for leveling past Goats and into Medusas/Deleters, and 4 slot low tier gears to card up with racials. No offense but this drop table project you've been working on is pointless; a huge timesink that you could be repurposing towards something meaningful.

The "hard" stuff begins at 86 (or 95 if you follow the Turn Ins past Goats). That's where you need to focus the effort, and we already have a thread you should be following for that (several if you count the ones that OPs abandoned due to ABSOLUTELY NO CM ACKNOWLEDGEMENT WHATSOEVER). At this point players begin to diversify and look for their own places to level, or just quit since they have no clue where to go. Despite what people say, handholding via the Hunting Board system we have set up isn't a bad thing. We all want direction and a place to level, and we want to be rewarded for our exploration. We're bleeding players atm for a few reasons, one of them being that we have no TIs atm, no direction in what's optimal for leveling aside from word of mouth in-game (bet you the answer will be "leech in Thors") and no incentive to explore the high tier and high skill content, since you ripped the booster event out from under us simultaneous to the Ice Dungeon TI and pretty much made everyone go "cold turkey" XD

From this point I'd just be repeating what everyone else has said, so I'm going with a short list:

• High level players need direction
  • 89+ leveling spots need to be more viable (some dungeons have been improved, and kudos for that, but nobody in-game really knows about it)
  • BG needs to be revised, the DC bug fixed so players aren't punished for actually taking part, and Tierra Gorge (team combat) needs to be be incentivised over Flavius (2-player afk farming)
  • GSBs need to be in every high level dungeon on the droptables or as part of a kill count reward so that guildies can farm mats without needing access to a GD or to brave ultra-difficult dungeons like Bio3
  • New World and the gear that comes with it needed to be in YESTERDAY
  • If for some reason you can't do New World then give us a Challenge Dungeon worth our time and effort (but not overly so like the endless yggseed farming)

#22 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 16 December 2014 - 02:43 AM

Turn in Juperos Ruins!!!

#23 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 16 December 2014 - 03:30 AM

agree with Xandy!

#24 Althes

Althes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Both

Posted 16 December 2014 - 03:47 AM

I dont think farming most MVP mobs is a big problem honestly. If you're really concerned with it you could focus on some of the easier MVP mobs and remove the ghosts and give their mob summon a cooldown of 5-60 minutes depending on what you deem reasonable. Nobody is going to farm Dracula for his bats or Phreeoni for his Sandmen (possibly his Hodes though).

There's also the mini porings that summon > 1 mob type each, for example:

http://db.irowiki.or...ster-info/1582/

http://db.irowiki.or...ster-info/1388/

Those two alone free up 7 monster IDs and have fairly minimal impact on the game itself. Angeling already summons actual monsters so....

Turtle General is another with 4 to his name (http://db.irowiki.or...ster-info/1312/) a quick glance at the drops of his mob doesnt lead me to that much of an interest in farming anything he had especially if he's got a 5-10 minute mob respawn timer.

How many do you guys want? If you guys gave us some numbers we could come up with a list and maybe talk through it with you sometime.

I do not have alternate solution but I think changing MVP summon slaves cooldown to that long will greatly make MVP not challenging. In my mind they change from a MVP to a high level monster. 

#25 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 04:05 AM

You can also add Brasilis and have a temp TI it's actually a very good map to level in and also has lots of nice seal quest items + there's a prenewal version c:. It only has 3 unique monsters in the dungeon and with the field being very forgettable in terms of items + leveling it won't make a big dent in your mob limit. 

What about the duplicated treasure chests? Do we really need 19 duplicated FE chests with the same drops? You can surely use them for monster space. If you also kill off flavius as some people suggest you'll gain 3 more spots as well.

Edited by needmorezleep, 16 December 2014 - 04:20 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users