12/17 Final Fantasy 1 NES Anniversary Classic Maintenance - Page 3 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

12/17 Final Fantasy 1 NES Anniversary Classic Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#51 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 17 December 2014 - 12:23 PM

where is the quest?!

You can find the Sad Snowman in Lutie at (224, 167)

#52 CaliJin

CaliJin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 386 posts
  • LocationIrvine Ca
  • Server:Classic :/

Posted 17 December 2014 - 02:41 PM

any idea where's the npc in magma dun? lvl 1-2?

#53 aulbath

aulbath

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 02:55 PM

challenge dungeon?????? where is it.......anyways why you keep doing this stuff bringing new players, the game is so old to bring new players,tbh i doubt it will work, you should focus on fix the problem that makes your actual customers quit..fixing the cloning weapons/armor, hearing the pvp suggestions from many players.fix the economy, bann the bots..theres more thing to fix that actually matter. the problem is that you let ppl cheat, they get clonned items, you let em get rich, they get banned, you bann innocent ppl in the proccess,and everybody quits...i feel like someone on the staff is getting rich by RMT'ing or something like that

#54 HikariYari

HikariYari

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 789 posts
  • Server:Roundbeck

Posted 17 December 2014 - 03:26 PM

any idea where's the npc in magma dun? lvl 1-2?

For me the snowman appeared when I walked to the right ledge from the first portal or around it.

#55 CaliJin

CaliJin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 386 posts
  • LocationIrvine Ca
  • Server:Classic :/

Posted 17 December 2014 - 03:31 PM

For me the snowman appeared when I walked to the right ledge from the first portal or around it.

thank you! :heh:

#56 isamu999

isamu999

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 238 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 December 2014 - 04:14 PM

QUICK GUIDE:

Items Needed**:

30 Animal Skins

2 Coals

30 Used Iron Plates or 11 Used Iron plates

10 Rusty Screws or 30 Lanterns

2 Mystic Frozens or Crystal Blues

Step 1: Talk to Snowman on top of house in Lutie (224, 167). He will take 1 Mystic Frozen.

Step 2: Talk to Scientist in Morroc (255,182). He will ask for the remaining supplies.

Step 3: Talk to Snowman again. He will tell you he wants to visit the hottest place. (He will pick Thors or Magma Dungeons)

Step 4: If you get Magma Dungeon, hug the right wall when you walk in. If you get Thors hug the left wall when you walk in. (Reward: Snowman Hat [1] +1 Str, +1 Int, +3 Mdef THATS IT!)

Step 5: Talk to Scientist again, he says he will work on a new machine. (Finished! Step 5 isn't really required)

**Items might be wrong if he pulls from a pool of items. These are just the items he asked from me. Also Thors and Magma Dungeon were the only 2 different locations I found him asking for.)

Edited by isamu999, 17 December 2014 - 05:46 PM.

#57 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 04:56 PM

The Nydhoggur dungeon is coming in independent of New World? There was a massive questline that you had to do in order to unlock the dungeon.

#58 HikariYari

HikariYari

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 789 posts
  • Server:Roundbeck

Posted 17 December 2014 - 05:39 PM

QUICK GUIDE:

Items Needed**:

30 Animal Skins

2 Coals

30 Used Iron Plates or 11 Used Iron plates

10 Rusty Screws or 30 Lanterns

2 Mystic Frozens or Crystal Blues

Step 1: Talk to Snowman on top of house in Lutie (224, 167). He will take 1 Mystic Frozen.

Step 2: Talk to Scientist in Morroc (255,182). He will ask for the remaining supplies.

Step 3: Talk to Snowman again. He will tell you he wants to visit the hottest place. (He will pick Thors or Magma Dungeons)

Step 4: If you get Magma Dungeon, hug the right wall when you walk in. If you get Thors hug the left wall when you walk in. (Reward: Snowman Hat [1] +1 Str, +1 Int, +3 Mdef THATS IT!)

Step 5: Talk to Scientist again, he says he will work on a new machine. (Finished! Step 5 isn't really required)

**Items might be wrong if he pulls from a pool of items. These are just the items he asked from me. Also Thors and Magma Dungeon were the only 2 different locations I found him asking for.)

I updated your post.

Edited by HikariYari, 17 December 2014 - 05:39 PM.

#59 isamu999

isamu999

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 05:46 PM

Thank you! Now we know theres a variation in items.

#60 squirreI

squirreI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 08:26 PM

Question about spotlights. Do you receive 2x exp/drops just for being on a spotlit map or is each individual monster that spawns on the map given boosted drops/exp?

Also pertaining to monsters that have multiple spawns.. Will a ground petite from a hugel field map have the same exp/drops as a ground petite from a geffen field map?

Also does it apply to MVPs?

Edited by squirreI, 17 December 2014 - 08:36 PM.

#61 IlliterateGaming

IlliterateGaming

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 680 posts
  • LocationYouTube & Twitch.tv
  • Server:Chaos & Loki

Posted 17 December 2014 - 08:57 PM

Mob density is improved significantly. I believe there is also 2x exp and drops.

Some monsters appear in numerous places. For example if there is a Geffen spotlight Cocos will give boosted exp, not just on Geffen maps but also Ayothaya.

On Renewal there was a Comodo spotlight and Tao was featured to have improved drops. People would farm Tao in the MvP summoner room which lead to a flood of them on the server. I am not sure if MvPs have been included since then.

#62 squirreI

squirreI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:20 PM

Thanks for the info.

#63 Cinquine

Cinquine

Too Legit To Quit

• Artist Alley Alliance
  • 1063 posts
  • Server:Both

Posted 17 December 2014 - 11:50 PM

Someone make me a snowman hat plis

#64 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 18 December 2014 - 01:48 AM

The Nydhoggur dungeon is coming in independent of New World? There was a massive questline that you had to do in order to unlock the dungeon.

This is the problem with Classic, people complain about stuff like this without paying attention to the reasons the staff put forward.

Nyd has to come independently of new world because the Classic server is limited on the monsters it can have and if they put in new world they can't do anymore challenge dungeons etc. The whole low level stuff stuff is them going through the monsters and identifying unused monsters for future content because some people actually play RO rather than treating it like a TCG. Otherwise we will be waiting a long time. Long long long time.

Also its 2k14, nobody will bother with that stupid questline aside of like 3 people.

If only the community that support and want RO to be a success would listen to the staff. Then Classic would be in a much better place. 

#65 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 18 December 2014 - 01:51 AM

Well they need work arounds and new world itself isn't that great besides the atk pot quest.

#66 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 18 December 2014 - 01:53 AM

concern is how to get the rest of new world equipment really, like eraser and lunakaligo

#67 Rate

Rate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1114 posts
  • Server:bad news

Posted 18 December 2014 - 02:21 AM

death guidance pls

Edited by Rate, 18 December 2014 - 02:41 AM.

#68 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 05:22 AM

It's a bit late to be requesting stuff since Xmas is already pretty much upon us, but I was wondering if we could get an item called Sweetheart Gum in Mouth or "Lover In Mouth" (lol) according to the DB entry to go with the season, or maybe with Valentines Day since it's really just right around the corner now. It's not exactly a new item so it might already be in our client.

I want it for Classic since you have more freedom in implementing that stuff here and screw Renewal :>

It's also qt as -_- omg.

The gear is pretty much regular bubblegum but it explodes in a heart instead of a sphere. It adds a low chance of defeated enemies dropping Candy Canes and increases the healing power both Candy and Candy Canes by 50% (hence why it might be good for xmas). It does NOT provide increased drop rates or any other effect besides the Candy boost.

Looks like this: b8EZ8Bf.gif Name is お口の恋人ガム if you want to do your own research. My source is here.

#69 Kazaa

Kazaa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 07:52 AM

Why are u working on these random stuff......seriously does anyone care if any eggs give red herbs? Who are you tailoring this server for???? Non existent new players? I've been npcing castle loot for months, fix that please?????this is just getting ridiculous now. Read your explanation but dude... Castle loot hallllloooo

This^^^

Work on something which makes this server better, nobody gives a -_- about red herbs

-_- stupid

#70 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 18 December 2014 - 09:44 AM

We are still working on larger projects (like Nydhoggur's nest) but to fill in the inbetween while those are cooking we put in smaller Quality of Life updates. It'd be great to knock a home run out of the park week after week for you guys, but that stuff requires a lot of planning, feedback collection and analysis and implementation which can't be done in a short amount of time with the size of our team. Smaller changes can be put in on a regular basis.  

#71 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 10:37 AM

vhrIFE6.png

baby steps

#72 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 11:03 AM

This is the problem with Classic, people complain about stuff like this without paying attention to the reasons the staff put forward.

Nyd has to come independently of new world because the Classic server is limited on the monsters it can have and if they put in new world they can't do anymore challenge dungeons etc. The whole low level stuff stuff is them going through the monsters and identifying unused monsters for future content because some people actually play RO rather than treating it like a TCG. Otherwise we will be waiting a long time. Long long long time.

Also its 2k14, nobody will bother with that stupid questline aside of like 3 people.

If only the community that support and want RO to be a success would listen to the staff. Then Classic would be in a much better place. 

Where was I complaining? There is no information available and I'm completely lost. I looked through patch notes and a bunch of other threads. I don't follow every single thread and post the GMs make so if it's in a random thread somewhere, I might have missed it. Therefore I asked a question regarding Nyd's implementation.

You are correct about one thing. I do dislike it's implementation this way. Classic is more custom than half the pservers out there and it's certainly not what I came for.

Personally, I would rather have new world than half-assed challenge dungeons that may or may not be worth my time. I had fun farming certain things in New World like the boss that drops Erasers (forget it's name), and Tatachos for Lunakaligos. The quests weren't bad either, I liked them.

Call it nostalgia if you like, but there's your feedback.

Edited by Hrishi, 18 December 2014 - 11:08 AM.

#73 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 18 December 2014 - 11:18 AM

Where was I complaining? There is no information available and I'm completely lost. I looked through patch notes and a bunch of other threads. I don't follow every single thread and post the GMs make so if it's in a random thread somewhere, I might have missed it. Therefore I asked a question regarding Nyd's implementation.

You are correct about one thing. I do dislike it's implementation this way. Classic is more custom than half the pservers out there and it's certainly not what I came for.

Personally, I would rather have new world than half-assed challenge dungeons that may or may not be worth my time. I had fun farming certain things in New World like the boss that drops Erasers (forget it's name), and Tatachos for Lunakaligos. The quests weren't bad either, I liked them.

Call it nostalgia if you like, but there's your feedback.

They have stated this many, many, many, times over.  But as for the bitching and whining about "customization" perhaps you should have led the fight against parade hats or mega resists or skull caps or mental potions, or the god quest, etc.

#slipperyslope. #cherrypicking

As far as challenge dungeons go, they're actually not bad. Could be improved, yes, but the idea of playing bio 4 in a pre-re setting, or messing around in dewata and having extra content rather than some field maps that will hardly ever get used seems more appealing to me personally. Getting the equips of course is an issue, but I think the majority of the new world sat around unused.

When was the last time you logged in and did dimensional gorge? Or shrine? Or ET? Or Thors. Or camped an MVP? Or any of those perfectly vanilla things.

edit: need to state I'm super excited to see nyd on the way, I love that instance and playing with friends. Playing with friends is what makes the game best and fun, more team driven activities do do with small groups of friends is what makes me happy to play and nyd will add to that.

Edited by Xellie, 18 December 2014 - 11:21 AM.

#74 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 18 December 2014 - 11:23 AM

Dg has been messed up since day 1. Bio 4 was my idea! Would be kick ass xD

My problem with classic is I enjoy the old stuff, but it does get bland after a while. I do like the idea for challenge dung simply for a variety for Pvm. There is absolutely nothing "challenging" in ro. I like the idea of a super insane dung to actually challenge me and have parties made (good rewards key).

Last challenge dung should have been called a "farm dung". Totally soloable on wayyyyy too many characters. Need a CHALLENGE!!!!

Edited by Gn1ydnu, 18 December 2014 - 11:24 AM.

#75 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 18 December 2014 - 11:24 AM

BRING ON THE PUBLIC PVP ENABLED DUNGEONS ALREADY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

brb un-ignoring you undying. Clicking on "view anyway" is getting annoying.

edit: you're right kinda about DG, but farming it isn't exactly insanely different.

Apart from the pvp enabled "quest" map looooooool

Edited by Xellie, 18 December 2014 - 11:26 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users